Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
9551 replies to this topic

#4261 thrustbucket

thrustbucket

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:04 PM

I see that people have settled into a traditional role in the MP. Same map, same enemy each time I play. Is there a reason why Cerberus is the favorite enemy?

I think I have just 2 more gold maps to complete but I cant seem to get into a game that has the maps being played.

Yeah that's kind of why I stopped playing MP. I like random settings. It seems most don't.

#4262 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:07 PM

i like the random settings because it's fun as well as more rewarding, the bonus to XP is nice when you're not capped already. perhaps they should include bonus credits for random maps, enemies, etc.

that stasis bubble from the justicar looks phat. I like how they also have another sentry turret engineer.

#4263 zewone

zewone

Thursday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:21 PM

Extended Cut
Spoiler

#4264 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:43 AM

Checkmate Arcade is looking to do a spoilercast on the ME 3 ending, and I would like to get 1 (or 2 if Joe's computer can't be fixed) of the core 360 Bioware CAG's on the show. We would like to record tomorrow or Sunday night, but we're flexible if we need to do it next week.

The show is recorded over Skype so you would need preferably a PC and PC mic (no video) to record the show. Yes Skype is available over phones, but the quality is crap as we've tried that with Joe in the past so that's only for a last resort. I'd like to get X, Ryu, or Shrike but anyone who's been a significant contributor to this thread and the past ones is welcome. PM me if interested.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#4265 Raccoon2117

Raccoon2117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:15 AM

I see that people have settled into a traditional role in the MP. Same map, same enemy each time I play. Is there a reason why Cerberus is the favorite enemy?

I think I have just 2 more gold maps to complete but I cant seem to get into a game that has the maps being played.

If you need help getting that achievement, I'd be willing to help once I get a guy to level 20.

#4266 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:33 AM

So Firebase White with one Salarian Engineer against the Geth is the easiest round of Gold you'll ever play. I thought I remembered hearing about it, but damn. Won like five golds with mic-less randoms just by fortifying the bottom room.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 6/28/14   Child of Light       |      Trade List

Hey, I'm selling prints now. http://society6.com/...nKazimer/prints

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#4267 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Archaic kinds of fun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:05 AM

1050/1050. :) :bouncy: \\:D/

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#4268 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:23 AM

Congrats! I'm maxed out in 2 and 3. I'll never do all of ME1.

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#4269 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:52 AM

Nice work Ryuu!
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#4270 tukai

tukai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:26 AM

I got the saber in a pack today. I squealed like a school girl

#4271 Soodmeg

Soodmeg

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:09 AM

Alright...because I am prone to do things like this but today I was trying to figure what the hell is the last map I need for the MP gold cheesemint (I swear to god I have beat all of them yet it hasnt unlocked) and I wound up playing like an hour or so.

In that hour I set a stop watch to each and every time I had to sit through a loading screen.......10 full minutes of loading. Now it was just the loading screens not the time it takes to select a match or anything. Granted this included...joining a match...waiting 10 min because the leader is planning world domanation or something..quitting, finding another match...finding out its 2 levels 6s in the gold run, quitting, joining another match, getting randomly kicked...joining another match.

This might sound like bitching but it isnt I am baffled to the point of being extremely interested in exactly what the game is loading so often. Any programmers here?

#4272 io

io

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:39 AM

Alright, I finally finished this game and now started the multiplayer. I haven't read a thing in here as to avoid spoilerage. I did read in various places that many were very disappointed with the ending and even saw a thread here on CAG where people got refunds from Amazon because they didn't like the ending - which is extreme to say the least.

I have to say this shoots right up to my #1 overhyped disappointment of the year. That is, the supposed horrid ending was a dissapointment in that I actually didn't mind it at all. Had I not read anything about it wouldn't have seemed controversial at all to me. I was expecting some atrocity by the comments I've seen. Yeah, perhaps it is a bit odd, and I can see where some of the complaints (
Spoiler
) are valid, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I expected it to be - which is to say, I was pleasantly surprised as I went in with low expectations. So that worked for me I guess ;).

Anyway, so for multiplayer, are the servers super-flaky? Maybe just tonight? I've gotten into about 6 maps, and only 2 were we able to complete. I keep getting disconnected from the wonderful EA servers. And what really sucks is that it seems you keep nothing when that happens - not even wave bonus credits and such for ones you have completed.

It is so frustrating I had to stop playing and come here to complain. I mean, it sucks to work through like 7 waves only to have that happen over and over. My Internet connection is rock solid and I've never gotten kicked out of XBL during all of this. So it is just those damn servers that they make you redeem (or pay for) an online code for. Plus, this being a freaking EA game my son can't even play it online and he is dying to do so. He really wants to get all the achevements (he is doing an Insanity run now) but as far as I understand it there are a few you need multiplayer for, right? I think Microsoft needs to not allow that - you ought to be able to get all the achievements in a title from any account. Multiplayer ones are fine, as long as everyone can get them (as he can in Halo Reach). And don't think this has anything to do with the 'M' rating either - EA locks my kids out of fucking NBA Jam online too.

Anyway - gonna try to get in another game and hopefully make it through this time.

What is the proper strategy for redeeming credits, assuming I can get any more? I'm just shy of 20,000 and was thinking of getting that 20k pack with the 1 "uncommon" in it. I take it these are weapons or characters. Right now I'm a boring ol' human with beginners weapons. But I see some people not much higher level than me kicking ass with some great powers/weapons. So should I get that 20k pack, or is it better to save up for the more expensive ones?

Edit: got back on and completed 3 multiplayer missions in a row. So I guess it was just being flaky around 1-3 am Pacific...

Edited by io, 07 April 2012 - 12:18 PM.

#4273 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:22 PM

saved up around 360k credits yesterday to buy packs when the dlc comes out, probably won't get anything new though

Look, there's no easy way to ask this so I'm just gonna do it...

Does anyone want to be gay lovers with me in Fable 3?

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#4274 KrizB

KrizB

Flrying into FWEE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:27 PM

Had a terrible time this morning.
Someone must have pressed the wrong button somewhere because the Cerberus in our Silver room had the Uber AI turned on.

Zipping all over the place like on Gold.
My lvl 20 Krogan almost died after two bursts and the Drell/Asari were killed instantly.
Soon you went down, they sprint in groups to curb stomp.

Didn't even get past the first wave.
Previously we beat the Geth once and Reapers twice with hardly any trouble.

zantar45.jpg

#4275 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:24 PM

For those gamers scratching their heads about all the positive reviews before everyone discussed negative feedback about the game's ending. http://www.escapistm...y-Doesnt-Matter

Patch in coming April 10th, will address facial bug from imported characters.
http://blog.bioware....012/04/06/4270/

Also my thoughts on the notion to play the previous Mass Effect titles again, copied and pasted from another board I posted on:

Indeed I was waiting for this patch to import in my previous Shepards (I have a lot I could import and I don't remember their appearances) but yeah I feel it would be sub par considering the ending. I mean IF the ending was dynamic to the actions of the previous titles;

Spoiler
, as in what Bioware stated with many interviews and previews of the games in the past, I would be playing the Mass Effect titles numerous times. I was expecting to see varied cutscenes tied directly to my gameplay and previous actions in the end.
Spoiler
Spoiler
, see waves of Krogan flooding the battlefield, Rachni fighting with alliance forces
Spoiler
... Whatever, glad the patch will be coming out, I know people that haven't started the game due to this and that is a shame. Don't get me wrong I had a blast along the way but afterwards as I looked back, as I reflected over the series, I went wtf none of my choices mattered in the end (as was promised by Bioware throughout the years of the Mass Effect games being developed and played by many). It feels like I was swindled by a politician. They promise one thing and delivered another and I don't like being swindled (true these choices factored into my EMS rating but as of right now each ending, including the "perfect ending" doesn't explain or vary enough to jusitify the work to build up the EMS meter). So much to the point that it makes me hesitant about playing all three Mass Effect titles again (something I was planning to do after completing ME3), and that's a shame. The information is there but it's poorly presented, a missed opportunity here for Bioware.

Edited by Spybreak8, 07 April 2012 - 07:27 PM.
Patch and my thoughts

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#4276 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:35 PM

Alright, I finally finished this game and now started the multiplayer. I haven't read a thing in here as to avoid spoilerage. I did read in various places that many were very disappointed with the ending and even saw a thread here on CAG where people got refunds from Amazon because they didn't like the ending - which is extreme to say the least.

I have to say this shoots right up to my #1 overhyped disappointment of the year. That is, the supposed horrid ending was a dissapointment in that I actually didn't mind it at all. Had I not read anything about it wouldn't have seemed controversial at all to me. I was expecting some atrocity by the comments I've seen. Yeah, perhaps it is a bit odd, and I can see where some of the complaints (

Spoiler
) are valid, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I expected it to be - which is to say, I was pleasantly surprised as I went in with low expectations. So that worked for me I guess ;).

Anyway, so for multiplayer, are the servers super-flaky? Maybe just tonight? I've gotten into about 6 maps, and only 2 were we able to complete. I keep getting disconnected from the wonderful EA servers. And what really sucks is that it seems you keep nothing when that happens - not even wave bonus credits and such for ones you have completed.

It is so frustrating I had to stop playing and come here to complain. I mean, it sucks to work through like 7 waves only to have that happen over and over. My Internet connection is rock solid and I've never gotten kicked out of XBL during all of this. So it is just those damn servers that they make you redeem (or pay for) an online code for. Plus, this being a freaking EA game my son can't even play it online and he is dying to do so. He really wants to get all the achevements (he is doing an Insanity run now) but as far as I understand it there are a few you need multiplayer for, right? I think Microsoft needs to not allow that - you ought to be able to get all the achievements in a title from any account. Multiplayer ones are fine, as long as everyone can get them (as he can in Halo Reach). And don't think this has anything to do with the 'M' rating either - EA locks my kids out of fucking NBA Jam online too.

Anyway - gonna try to get in another game and hopefully make it through this time.

What is the proper strategy for redeeming credits, assuming I can get any more? I'm just shy of 20,000 and was thinking of getting that 20k pack with the 1 "uncommon" in it. I take it these are weapons or characters. Right now I'm a boring ol' human with beginners weapons. But I see some people not much higher level than me kicking ass with some great powers/weapons. So should I get that 20k pack, or is it better to save up for the more expensive ones?

Edit: got back on and completed 3 multiplayer missions in a row. So I guess it was just being flaky around 1-3 am Pacific...

Seems like EA had some server issues last night, you weren't the only one having problems. That being said, the servers had been rock solid since launch until last night.

#4277 Arikado

Arikado

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:46 PM

Posted Image

#4278 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:31 PM

did someone mention earlier about your progress in your first PT carries over to your 2nd? i.e.
Spoiler

#4279 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:15 PM

did someone mention earlier about your progress in your first PT carries over to your 2nd? i.e.

Spoiler

Yeah, you'll keep everything. You get it all when you leave Earth in the beginning.

#4280 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:28 PM

word...so it literally pays to play over and over again.

#4281 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Archaic kinds of fun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:34 PM

Yeah, you'll keep everything. You get it all when you leave Earth in the beginning.

You also gain the ability to upgrade weapons up to X, and picking up a weapon for the second time gives you 3 upgrades to it.

That video is hilarious. "On the internet!" :lol:

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#4282 KrizB

KrizB

Flrying into FWEE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:16 PM

I Fucking love steak.

#4283 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:17 PM

That video was many times better than I expected.

Posted Image

#4284 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:32 PM

Just tried playing a random Gold in MP today. Lot of people who choose to bring in level 4/6s and people who don't know what they're doing. Really takes a person to the limit.
Fight for the Lost

#4285 Tha Xecutioner

Tha Xecutioner

"An Inquisition" You Say?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:43 PM

Checkmate Arcade is looking to do a spoilercast on the ME 3 ending, and I would like to get 1 (or 2 if Joe's computer can't be fixed) of the core 360 Bioware CAG's on the show. We would like to record tomorrow or Sunday night, but we're flexible if we need to do it next week.

The show is recorded over Skype so you would need preferably a PC and PC mic (no video) to record the show. Yes Skype is available over phones, but the quality is crap as we've tried that with Joe in the past so that's only for a last resort. I'd like to get X, Ryu, or Shrike but anyone who's been a significant contributor to this thread and the past ones is welcome. PM me if interested.

I've been feeling (and sounding) real shitty all weekend, so I don't imagine that I'd be much use to a podcast over the next couple of days :-#

#4286 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:03 AM

so i just beat ME3, I'm in the same boat as Io on the ending. I thought it would be much much worse, I suppose the only good thing about the fans who cried about it gave us a cinematic dlc ending for free come summer.

...I also don't know why anyone would want to play this on insanity, some parts even on normal were challenging enough but up the difficulty? I don't know if I want a repeat of some of the campaign of MW and MW2. hee hee.

I also was also hoping for a more visually satisfying romance scene...

cheers.

#4287 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:26 AM

Edit: NM with only 3 people we're going to delay to Monday night at 9 eastern, 8 central, 7 mountain, 6 pacific. X, if you feel up to it, PM me b/c Crotch and I really want to hear your take.

Edited by MSUHitman, 08 April 2012 - 01:43 AM.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#4288 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:44 AM

so im here replaying the final mission again on ME2 because my ME2 profile won't transfer despite FAQ's, at least i can change it from veteran to casual and mop this up. I have someone in ME3 that needs a spanking.

#4289 Arikado

Arikado

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:47 AM

Here's a paraphrased interview from a Something Awful goon with Patrick Weekes at PAX. Throwing it behind a spoiler tag for spoilers and length. I'd recommend clicking the link and reading it there, but just in case you can't...

Spoiler

Posted Image

#4290 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:20 AM

A solid interview.

I shall buy Patrick Weekes a fermented beverage next time I pass through Edmonton.

EDIT: Also, X, it's totally not a trap to get you into a live debate over femshep.

Not at all.

Posted Image

Back to Xbox One & Xbox 360