Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
9594 replies to this topic

#4651 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:35 PM

Learning to love the Geth Engie. His turret spec'd to heal is pretty nice. Especially when I can see a teammate getting beat on and can launch some shield regen his way.

I can't get over how cool the Batarian Soldier is. My buddy's breaking 110k with him on gold pretty consistently. Those blades are nuts.

Battlemaster's still a blast. I did finally get to experience my very own Vanguard glitch though! Yay for flying off of the level!

it's because he embraces the beauty.

the geth heal engine (See what I did there) is great, other reason why it seems so nice is...it's not a purely offensive power. there's really only 2 support powers in the game and even bubble sphere is passive.

Butt_soldier is awesome, I've been having a great time w/the Butt_sent as well. The web/melee is a lot of fun...visually and effectively. I didn't know it did dmg as well. Hoping they make another MP DLC pack, even if it's just cosmetic changes and more wpns.

...and fix friggin vanguard charge/death bug.

#4652 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:44 PM

I think I might need to respec one of my Geth now. This is incredible.

This guy actually does really good videos. Bout to respec my Butt_Sent and Justicar. They seem like a good team.

Edited by ActionKazimer, 14 April 2012 - 10:02 PM.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 6/28/14   Child of Light       |      Trade List

Hey, I'm selling prints now. http://society6.com/...nKazimer/prints

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#4653 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:11 PM

wth...that's crazier than butt_blades and hvy melee. yeah. that's gonna get nerfed...enjoy it while it lasts. holy crap.

#4654 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:22 PM

Gonna run my buddy back home through the crash course tonight. Definitely some bronze, maybe some silver. If any of you guys see me on, hop on in to the party. Good time to experiment! GT: Action Kazimer

Kinda wanna try my Turian Soldier/Marksman with this Striker VIII. See how grenade rain looks. Wanna work on offensive Justicarin' too.

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#4655 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:39 AM

My wifi back home is so shit, I can barely stay online to download 4% of the update. No idea when I'll get to play again.

#4656 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:53 AM

okay...got the Geth Infiltrator. W/hunter mode and the normal bonuses cloaking give, I made even the Raptor a viable sniper rifle for this class (gold).

#4657 Freemason

Freemason

I'd Hit That...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:56 AM

Gonna run my buddy back home through the crash course tonight. Definitely some bronze, maybe some silver. If any of you guys see me on, hop on in to the party. Good time to experiment! GT: Action Kazimer

Kinda wanna try my Turian Soldier/Marksman with this Striker VIII. See how grenade rain looks. Wanna work on offensive Justicarin' too.

both of those are awesome, i love the justicar, and the marksmanned turian Striker III i have is carpet-bombtastic

Currently Playing:

:pc: Payday 2 , Saints Row 4, Steam Games

fs_overall.png

#4658 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:48 AM

Checkmate Arcade ME 3 Spoilercast with myself, Joe2187, The Crotch, Spybreaker, and CA co-host darkbossman is up: http://www.cheapassg...log.php?b=23925

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#4659 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:30 PM

Checkmate Arcade ME 3 Spoilercast with myself, Joe2187, The Crotch, Spybreaker, and CA co-host darkbossman is up: http://www.cheapassg...log.php?b=23925

You just provided me with my Monday morning at-work listening material. Thanks! !!

Also, I got my raptor packs the day they came out, that evening. I imagine they'll have to give the community a double bonus this week for those that got screwed.
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#4660 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:25 PM

Agreed, I'm listening to that at work as well, best time for podcast now (used to listen to them gaming).

New strategies video for those that haven't played the new classes/unlocked them.

I'm rocking the Quarian Engineer right now, still trying to go through all the vanilla classes lol.
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#4661 Soodmeg

Soodmeg

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:26 AM

I have been ripping it up lately mostly because the way people play this game fucking bores me to tears.....

I dont really mind vs the geth of firebase white (??) a million times but the complete over the top defensive play style that everyone seems to have jumped on is pure shitty Mcshit Sandwhich. I just played this game and we lost in the 10 wave...stats? Soodmeg 103 kills....next only had his 50 kill badge. Booted for not being a team player. Now I die a LOT...LOT...seriously...A LOT but 2 things...one I figure if I take out the first 20 guys in a round while everyone else takes out 10 I can get a little credit. 2nd, maybe if you didnt spend the entire round taking piss ant pot shots at everything we could get through the round quicker and easier.

I played a match once as a aggressive melee shotgun Krogan with another Vanguard Krogan and we were tearing it up working closely as a team. He would stumble everyone with a rush and I would clean them up.....fun fun fun. The times in which be both went down...our teams.....in the corner....take 1 shot every 5 seconds..

Sometimes a great offense can overtake a good defense......also...I cant shake my head enough when I see someone get down by a Geth Pyro who walked across the level and stuck the flame up their ass. So committed to that corner you will let a cqc guy walk right up to you..

I just dont get the....pick a spot, stay there at all cost thing.

#4662 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:45 AM

Major glitch was shared with me by friends.
Rinse & Repeat lots of credits for minimal effort (if you've got the skill)
Play on bronze up to wave 10. Finish the objectives and have everybody die.
Redo the same map on Gold this time and have the leader leave in the beginning. Send an invite back to them for them to join in later.
In the meantime since the host has left this resets the game. However when it starts again the game starts on wave 10!??!! Complete the objectives and die, 45K!? Rinse and Repeat... it's like the warp gate glitch in Super Mario.
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3

#4663 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:55 AM

Redo the same map on Gold this time and have the leader leave in the beginning. Send an invite back to them for them to join in later.
In the meantime since the host has left this resets the game. However when it starts again the game starts on wave 10!??!! Complete the objectives and die, 45K!? Rinse and Repeat... it's like the warp gate glitch in Super Mario.

Careful since your data is being tracked. People have gotten temp suspensions for abusing this exploit.

#4664 Freemason

Freemason

I'd Hit That...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:06 AM

Commander Shepard deletes glitches like this on the way to real errors. N7 means earning your credits one dead Reaper at a time :)

Currently Playing:

:pc: Payday 2 , Saints Row 4, Steam Games

fs_overall.png

#4665 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:10 AM

So the Claymore VIII is pretty friggin sweet.

#4666 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:03 AM

Wow, when I unlocked the krogan vanguard, I had just promoted the class, so I didn't have much to work with. Played some games today, got the class back up to 17, I think, and...my God...he is a freakin' death machine.

#4667 io

io

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:13 AM

Dammit, I had some connection problems Friday evening and then none at all last night. But now I just got booted from a game we were cleaning up on and now it instantly says the ME3 servers are not available when I try to reconnect. Usually it thinks about it for a bit but it just says it instanty now. They must be done for real.

I was hoping to get another Premium Spectre pack but they probably won't be around when I play late Wednesday night.

#4668 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:23 PM

Commander Shepard deletes glitches like this on the way to real errors. N7 means earning your credits one dead Reaper at a time :)

Lol, does having a N7 polo shirt and playing since Mass Effect 1 not quality me as being N7. :cry: Lol, I've pretty much jumped on this for a change in variety for the multiplayer (I can hold my own 10 waves on Silver).

#4669 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:58 PM

I'm hoping they finally straighten out the previous community pack fiasco. I'd like my DLC character pack (Granted I've finally unlocked all of them...but I needs more appearance options).

I've heard the Harpoon gun is bugged, so sometimes you'll deal intended damage and sometimes you're firing a toothpick at brutes. Looking fwd to the bug fixes...all of them.

#4670 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:21 PM

So the Claymore VIII is pretty friggin sweet.

I knew this day would come.

#4671 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:39 PM

Lol, does having a N7 polo shirt and playing since Mass Effect 1 not quality me as being N7. :cry: Lol, I've pretty much jumped on this for a change in variety for the multiplayer (I can hold my own 10 waves on Silver).

I don't see how it's a change in variety when you're playing bronze and then taking additional objectives for a gold payout rather than just playing gold

#4672 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:41 PM

Finally able to get on, my war readiness is all the way down into the 60s :lol:

#4673 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:51 PM

I don't see how it's a change in variety when you're playing bronze and then taking additional objectives for a gold payout rather than just playing gold

Granted but I'm basically cloaking and running around the map not taking out any enemies, focusing on just objective hackings.

It's like playing Geometry Wars 2's Pacifism mode hehe.

#4674 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:58 PM

We'll getchu back up there, Got.

I'm about ready for some more Buttsoldier Falcon Pawnching. I actually ended up re-speccing the Buttinal without Blade Armor. All Shockwave and Net to allow detonations and fake Stasis. It's pretty much the only build I've appreciated with him so far, just need some synergy to make it work.

Like ten people have seen me playing Drell Adept and switched to their Justicar to try to team up. While I appreciate the sentiment, not nearly enough of them realize that they're essentially the same character and thus can't detonate well at all.

#4675 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:12 PM

I'm so off, everything feels so awkward and clunky. Not sure if it's because I'm playing on a different TV (my old one was a 20 in) or because I haven't played in 2 weeks (I tried to toggle the left stick to sprint lol..). Definitely not a good idea to start on gold.

#4676 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:40 PM

I knew this day would come.

I prefer my low level geth plasma shotgun though, how a shotgun fires almost like a sniper rifle...the claymore in the hands of a krogan vanguard is charge, falconpwnch, shot gun, dead target.

i'm still weighing the pros and cons of MP your buds, while we've been getting through gold maps (random everything) w/unconvential squads of varying levels the constant disharmony & chatter between the 2 is almost like having the banshee screeching in my comms on loop.

I'm so off, everything feels so awkward and clunky. Not sure if it's because I'm playing on a different TV (my old one was a 20 in) or because I haven't played in 2 weeks (I tried to toggle the left stick to sprint lol..). Definitely not a good idea to start on gold.

don't worry...we'll carry you. ;)

Edited by 100xp, 16 April 2012 - 04:18 PM.

#4677 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:03 PM

:lol: That's how I felt after coming back to ME3 after playing some other FPS. If you want to play later I am totally game for it.

#4678 Layd Dly

Layd Dly

LEGEND..wait for it..DARY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:11 PM

Finally got my Defender achievement last night. I would usually get to high 80's or Low 90's and then couldn't play for a few days so i took a bit longer than i thought.

Not to mention I have had a horrible time getting anything good to unlock. I have such shit weapons its not even funny. Thankfully I have been playing as an Adept and never even fire my crappy level 1 pistola.

Battle.net: Vinomen#1986
76561197994706915.pngAddFriend.png
168249.png

#4679 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:13 PM

i'm still weighing the pros and cons of MP your buds, while we've been getting through gold maps (random everything) w/unconvential squads of varying levels the constant disharmony & chatter between the 2 is almost like having the banshee screeching in my comms on loop.

Haha yeah was in a game the other night with a guy who was in my friend's party who was using the Kinect for his voice coummica. Damn picked up all the family noise in the background like his wife washing and clanking the dishes, augh.

#4680 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:30 PM

Haha yeah was in a game the other night with a guy who was in my friend's party who was using the Kinect for his voice coummica. Damn picked up all the family noise in the background like his wife washing and clanking the dishes, augh.

no...this is far worse. these two guys, while solid ME3 MP players love to debate over things. both guys are firm on their POV and try to convince each other to see it their way...i've played with them numerous times to know they only see black and white on things they disagree on, and they tend to disagree on a lot of things. Perhaps if they spoke like Admiral Hackett and Vega it'd be fine but they do not. So is the price to pay for credits.

It's like listening to Red vs. Blue but not as entertaining and without visuals.

Solid ME3 MP...otherwise.