Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
9660 replies to this topic

#5041 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:43 AM

Hmmm my Disc 2 was messed up too but I'm now running on a newer slim model with a new disc drive. I can't recall if I had any problems lately but yeah I usually have Disc 1 in the tray as well.
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#5042 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:40 AM

my disc 1 randomly became unreadable for MP, not sure if i can play SP still...i should check

#5043 stillshadow

stillshadow

Formerly Jaskull

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:11 PM

I'm new to the ME series and just finished up the single-player campaign. Really enjoyable game! It had much fewer RPG elements than I was expecting but had enough leveling and dialog choices to separate it from a straight shooter. I didn't really understand what all the fuss was about with the ending, although I could see how the plot holes and lack of closure might bother those more invested in the series. After the Lost finale I'm not sure any ending can really upset me too much anymore.

I'm looking forward to starting the multiplayer in a couple of days and it sounds pretty involved from following the discussion here. Feel free to add me if you want to do some matches. I'm on quite late, hence the lack of headset, but I'm enough of a team player that I still think I could contribute regardless. See you on the other side of the relay...

#5044 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:52 PM

Haha this is the first time I came across this video, I love it.

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#5045 Streetskillz

Streetskillz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:14 PM

Hey for those of you with disc problems and no support from EA or Amazon... Amazon has it for $29.99 all day.... just saying
"It is better to die on your feet than live on your knees." -- Emiliano Zapata

#5046 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:19 PM

Beat it again, glad it saves the game just before the end so you could finish it with another ending if you wanted...just because I wanted to see an extra cutscene I did the same ending again, reloaded then did another one.

Final insanity playthrough, will be the last ending I didn't choose.

Feels so wrong choosing renegade choices when you're so paladin all these years.

Going to see if I can get away without using Defense Matrix on Insanity, maybe I'll go the route of tech bursting and AR.

#5047 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

What went out is comin' back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:23 PM

Energy Drain is super valuable, I would definitely take that over some lame defensive power. ;)

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#5048 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:33 PM

Energy Drain is super valuable, I would definitely take that over some lame defensive power. ;)

I don't want to walk through insanity. I'll probably take Dark Channel or something techie. Just to mix it up. If it's not working out as I planned I'll reconfigure for when it starts to get less fun.

Energy Drain makes the Salarian Infiltrator the most efficient race/class in MP.

#5049 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:39 PM

Does Dark Channel prime biotic detonations?

ETA: I guess I should have known it does, since pretty much everything does in ME3.

#5050 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:41 PM

Does Dark Channel prime biotic detonations?

iirc, Liara has popped many Dark Channels when I ran with them. Dark Channel/Warp. Boom.

#5051 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:44 PM

iirc, Liara has popped many Dark Channels when I ran with them. Dark Channel/Warp. Boom.

Cool. I guess I didn't realize because I didn't use it too much when I used Javik. He iced mofos too fast with that Particle Rifle.

ME2 observation: I <3 Daro'Xen! How come nobody told me that there was a loopy, Claudia Black-voiced mad scientist ice queen hiding among all those boring other quarians?

#5052 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:48 PM

Cool. I guess I didn't realize because I didn't use it too much when I used Javik. He iced mofos too fast with that Particle Rifle.

ME2 observation: I <3 Daro'Xen! How come nobody told me that there was a loopy, Claudia Black-voiced mad scientist ice queen hiding among all those boring other quarians?

still think quarians are creepy now? the whole race? maybe, but there are a select few that really stand out as pretty badass or likable.

#5053 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:54 PM

I just like giving the Tali lovers a hard time. ;) I even gave Tali the Paragon interrupt hug on my current uber-Renegade character because... come on.

I'll tell you what, every time through ME2 I discover something new and badass. This time it's my new favorite quarian Daro'Xen and the all-powerfull beastliness of the Revenant. I had only ever taken the Widow before, but the Revenant... whoa.

#5054 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:04 PM

Wasn't a fan of the revenant. Turned praetorians into jokes, aye, but it had nothing on the widow.

Posted Image

#5055 Rhett

Rhett

Global Defense Initiative

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:26 PM

In regards to my wonky disc 1, the game played fine from then onward through the night. I dunno what was wrong. It is the only disc that has ever come up unreadable in my 360. It had a light scratch at the edge, and that's it. I wiped it several times and, for the hell of it, blew into the 360's DVD drive (I know you're not supposed to do this, but I didn't blow much), and it worked. And it still works. I dunno.

Amazon gave me a refund and wanted me to return it, but I cleared it up.
Steam: Rhett816

#5056 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:34 PM

I played a ton of MP before I touched the SP. (I basically started SP when the face import bug was fixed, but not because of that) In MP even though most of the wpns and abilities were nerfed for MP...the revenant holy craps was a beast. w/incendi ammo brutes were 1 + A_Rush into the ground (this tested on Hardcore). I can't wait to see how it performs at lvl X (insanity).

even though xbox doesn't say to do it, I do use the air can near the vents when it starts to get a dust build up. Also that fragmented screen before the start up seems to be on and off every so often vs. everytime. not sure if that's good or bad...but it is less than usual.

I totally took the widow. I haven't played that far through ME2 to get something different yet.

#5057 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:54 PM

I totally took the widow. I haven't played that far through ME2 to get something different yet.

If only subsequent playthroughs allowed you to make that choice again, and choose the other ones in addition to what you already had. Imagine a soldier holding the Widow, Revenant, and Claymore. Talk about OP!

#5058 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:03 PM

If only subsequent playthroughs allowed you to make that choice again, and choose the other ones in addition to what you already had. Imagine a soldier holding the Widow, Revenant, and Claymore. Talk about OP!

I think i was toting the collector rifle for my final PT in ME2 as a soldier. that seemed powerful enough, I hardly ever changed wpns towards the end even though we were allowed to have a full assortment of firearms.

the time dialation is pretty much the OP part, makes using a sniper rifle in ME3 for a soldier even more OP.

#5059 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:16 PM

The Collector Rifle was great, not the most powerful gun ever but absolutely no recoil so you were assured 100% headshots.

I didn't buy any of the DLC for ME2 on the PS3, so I'm rolling with all of the base game weaponry and armor pieces only, which has been an interesting experience in itself after a few playthroughs having things like the Mattock, Geth Plasma Shotgun, and Kestrel armor set as standard equipment.

#5060 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:20 PM

tbh, I didn't have much interest in the phenom_nom_nom that was ME2...but when XBL had that window of opportunity that allowed anyone with an XBL account to download allllll the DLC and special retailer preorder content? for free...I jumped.

Haven't looked back since.

I hope to find the time to play it again through as my angry fem shep sentinal into ME3.

#5061 Action!

Action!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:28 PM

Yeah, not all Quarians are bad. I actually liked Kal'Reegar a good bit. Dude was just doing his job.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: Happy Inktober! New drawing every day!    |      Trade List

I do art commissions. Ask me to draw for you. I even accept some toys as payment.

The game that I animate for is OUT NOW! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#5062 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:38 PM

Yeah, not all Quarians are bad. I actually liked Kal'Reegar a good bit. Dude was just doing his job.

"Do you really think any of us is gonna get through this?"

"Well I might."

#5063 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:38 PM

I played with Jelks last night, he tried to pick my brain about how the humans in virtually all the MP classes were underwhelming...fortunately his sidekick wasn't in the same party.

I believe I finally was able to convince him not to use gold/enemy/map as the benchmark for all the class/races, esp humans and the chaos factor known as having fun.

in other news: got GPS to III and disciple to VIII, both geth classes are now pattern enabled.

#5064 Arikado

Arikado

...Like Clockwork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:49 PM

Yeah, he was great. And then in ME3, he
Spoiler

#5065 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:52 PM

Spoiler

lol. i know riiight? they sure saved on that VO.

#5066 Action!

Action!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:59 PM

I played with Jelks last night, he tried to pick my brain about how the humans in virtually all the MP classes were underwhelming...fortunately his sidekick wasn't in the same party.

I believe I finally was able to convince him not to use gold/enemy/map as the benchmark for all the class/races, esp humans and the chaos factor known as having fun.

in other news: got GPS to III and disciple to VIII, both geth classes are now pattern enabled.

Haha, we're making good progress here. Our Batarian colony is getting more beautiful every day.

I need to get on this week. I started playing Xenoblade Chronicles and I'm stupid addicted right now. It's what I've wanted out of Final Fantasy since 12.

Also saw Rammstein last night and I feel like I actually got the shit kicked out of me. Good night to chill on the couch and murder aliens.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: Happy Inktober! New drawing every day!    |      Trade List

I do art commissions. Ask me to draw for you. I even accept some toys as payment.

The game that I animate for is OUT NOW! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#5067 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:30 PM

"Do you really think any of us is gonna get through this?"

"Well I might."

Good VO from Adam Baldwin. Character was right up his alley, no question there.

Spoiler

That was pretty lame, yes.

#5068 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:31 PM

@ IanK - in so many words, Jelks said he missed you.

I'm down for a few gold runs as well.

#5069 Arikado

Arikado

...Like Clockwork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:45 PM

Here's a collection of cut dialog that was meant for
Spoiler

For a little more salt in the wound, this was also discovered in the leaked script from months ago:
Spoiler

Taken from this thread on BSN.

#5070 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:57 PM

Here's a collection of cut dialog that was meant for

Spoiler

For a little more salt in the wound, this was also discovered in the leaked script from months ago:
Spoiler

Taken from this thread on BSN.

That BSN thread is about 90% people hoping that the "missing" items will get added back in via the Extended Cut over the summer.

Though, from what they stated in their posts about it, EC won't change things gameplay-wise, just add in additional backstory.

If that content is already in the game, enabling/adding it back in should be easier than it all being added back in.