Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
9655 replies to this topic

#5401 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:33 PM

Liara and Garrus was pretty great too, actually. He goads her the entire time.

I think any squadmate goads her on that planet/level. Although Javik offers the best dialogue BY FAR. James also poked at her a little.

Chubbyninja1319.png

What? Oh hell no! Hold up. Huh? Oh okay.

#5402 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:27 PM

Required reading :lol: (taken from a thread on BSN):

This is Your Squad. These are the People that You Play With.

So, which one are you guys? I'm a mix of the Trooper, Sniper, and the Unlucky Charm (just with the worst the match has to offer)
Fight for the Lost

#5403 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:06 PM

So, which one are you guys? I'm a mix of the Trooper, Sniper, and the Unlucky Charm (just with the worst the match has to offer)

They should have added "End Justifies The Means" and "C.R.E.A.M." personality types since both would probably properly describe my playstyle and overall attitude. The only two things that matter to me are credits and wave completion whatever the cost. I'll solo, I'll hero, I'll martyr, I'll carry and damn you all to hell and back if it guarantees I'll get paid or end the game quicker so I can leave.

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#5404 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:33 PM

Maybe a Mercenary :P

"Ruthless to a fault"
"So long as it gets YOU and not ME"
"fast. Faster. FASTEST."

Probably sell us all into prostitution for the Reapers, if it meant more credits ;P
Fight for the Lost

#5405 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:44 PM

Technically that would make me a Batarian Sentinel only after the game I'd Submission Net the rest of the team and sell them all into galactic slavery.

#5406 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:04 PM

Not sure which one I would be.. trooper with a voice, so The Man? Except I don't use things that compliment my team, just whatever the hell I feel like lol. Opinion Ian/100xp?

Also I'm away this week but noticed there's no balance changes wut

#5407 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:10 PM

Also one of the cool ideas I saw on BSN was for a Ferelden/Darkspawn map.

Would be pretty sweet if we had a DLC pack that had 2-4 Dragon Age themed maps that reskinned the enemies as darkspawn, fade demons, etc.

#5408 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:01 PM

Got my Victory Pack and it seems MP still works. Premium Spectre Packs are also out. Have yet to see the Commendation Pack though.
Fight for the Lost

#5409 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:05 PM

MP Balance Changes for May 2:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
May 2, 2012
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Frag Grenade Power
- Base damage increased from 650 to 750
- Evolution 3 increase to max grenades increased from 1 to 2
- Evolution 4 extra damage to organics increased from 40% to 50%
- Evolution 5 armor damage bonus increased from 65% to 75%
- Evolution 6 shield damage bonus increased from 65% to 75%

Inferno Grenade Power
- Base damage per second increased from 100 to 125
- Evolution 3 increase to max grenades increased from 1 to 2

Sabotage Power
- Damage from weapon backfire increased from 200 to 300
- Evolution 2 weapon backfire damage bonus increased from 50% to 60%
- Delay before weapons backfire reduced from 2 to 1.5 seconds

Biotic Explosion Power Combo
- Impact radius reduced from [3.0-5.0] meters to [2.0-4.0] meters

Arc Pistol
- Damage increased from [61.6-76.8] to [70.2-87.7]
- Encumbrance decreased from [1.25-0.7] to [1.1-0.6]

Wraith Shotgun
- Damage increased from [89.5-111.9] to [102.3-127.8]

Cerberus Horde Wave Data
- (Silver) Extraction wave: reduced number of Guardians from 4 to 3 and added a single Phantom

Atlas
- (Silver) Increased chance to sync kill players from 50% to 60%
- (Gold) Increased chance to sync kill players from 60% to 80%

Objective Waves (Waves 3, 6, and 10)
- Increase XP rewards for completing objectives from 2000 to 3000

XP Rewards
- Random Faction XP bonus increased from 15% to 25%
- Random Map XP bonus increased from 10% to 15%

Credit Rewards
- Total credits rewarded for a match is unchanged
- Increased share of total credits for wave 6 by 10%
- Decreased share of total credits for wave 10 by 10%

Fight for the Lost

#5410 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:15 PM

Damnit Edge! You beat me to it. Anyway... I'm very disappointed. They were doing so well for a while there then went right back to getting it wrong. The only real positive I see there is the Wraith buff. Everything else is either completely nonsensical, unnecessary, or changes no one in their right mind wanted e.g. XP increases.

The credit shift between the sixth and tenth waves is ESPECIALLY moronic.

#5411 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:19 PM

MWAHAHA

Here, let me add some lemon juice to the salt in your wounds Inky :lol:... Shoot, sorry wrong emoticon.

Here's the right one: :twisted:

May 2, 2012 9:00AM PST
Hey guys! I wanted to let everyone know that the team is aware of the issues everyone is discussing in this thread and are feverishly working on a solution. This is our number one priority, and I don't have a firm ETA of when this will be resolved, however, this is being taken very seriously.
I appreciate your patience. We'll update you guys when we have more information.
I should go.

UPDATE:

May 2, 2012 3:00PM PST

Hi again everyone! I just wanted to update you that the multiplayer issues some customers have been experiencing should be resolved. Please reach out to me @jessicamerizan on Twitter if you are still having problems. Thank you so much for your patience!

Operation Exorcist packs should unlock for players this evening!
Cheers Posted Image

Fight for the Lost

#5412 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:30 PM

Psht... I'll believe it when I see it. I'll hop on later tonight, but won't be surprised if I'm still locked out. This stupid ass
Spoiler
level in AC2 is pissing me off so I HAVE to beat it before I play anything else. Eat a dick Leonardo De Jackass. His inventions are almost more of a pain to control than the vehicles in Gears.

#5413 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

What went out is comin' back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:34 PM

more of a pain to control than the vehicles in Gears.

:cold:

Remind me never to play that.

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#5414 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:35 PM

No reason to believe you'll still be locked out. I got my Victory Pack, opened it, and started playing a few matches. Aside from quite a few idiots (the usual), nothing was terribly off. That and EDrain suddenly not having a visual graphic.
Fight for the Lost

#5415 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:56 PM

:cold:

Remind me never to play that.

LOL. Most of time Leo restricts himself to simple health and hidden blade upgrades, but maaaaaaaannnn...
Spoiler

Not fun... at all. Thankfully Ezio is totally worth the trouble. The man is a damn assassin pimp. You've got to respect it.

#5416 Freemason

Freemason

I'd Hit That...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:07 AM

so i have come to the conclusion that to complete my Mass Effect full on nerdism image... I am gonna have to select two team members and use tem the whole series, go back and get two more and do it again... i am finding way too much dialogue and cutscenes (although mostly from 3) that I have not seen. I guess fi I have to. :)

I did try running on all out damage Geth Infiltrator with the Geth Shotty X... Hunter Mode + Tac Cloak + Geth Shotty = daaaaaaaaamn. I guess it resembles this:

but I took the Geth for the weapon bonus, and the lighter weight so i could spec into +40% Sniper Damage and take my Mantis X as well for more options.. The build here has reach, but I had flexibility. Went awesome and is a very killer combo. I specd max in fitness too and left Prox mine empty since i never use it and like the extra hits i can take.

Currently Playing:

:pc: Payday 2 , Diablo 3, Star Wars: The Old Republic

fs_overall.png

#5417 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:38 AM

I got the victory pack and the premium spector pack but not the other. I thought I had 2 gold that we cleared.
Posted Image

#5418 Freemason

Freemason

I'd Hit That...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:48 AM

sweet hell, i went in to the day with a Disciple III and walked out with a Disciple IX... siiiiiiiiiiigggghhhh. Sadder than that, that was about it minus a couple mod upgrades... still no Batarian Soldier.

Currently Playing:

:pc: Payday 2 , Diablo 3, Star Wars: The Old Republic

fs_overall.png

#5419 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:56 AM

Got my Commendation Pack and...

Stupid Eagle :cry:
Fight for the Lost

#5420 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:46 AM

The unnecessary Frag buffs made Concussion Shot completely obsolete and the credit wave switch makes me feel like I'm making far less on a shitty team than I would otherwise despite the fact they said the payments haven't changed. Either that or time bonuses are absolutely MANDATORY to get the most out of a game. Terrible.

Oh, and as predicted I scored a Hurricane II which I will use with one of my kamikaze Adepts and Batarian Soldier eventually. I'm definitely buying The Witcher 2 soon. I need a break from this game.

#5421 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:55 AM

The unnecessary Frag buffs made Concussion Shot completely obsolete and the credit wave switch makes me feel like I'm making far less on a shitty team than I would otherwise despite the fact they said the payments haven't changed. Either that or time bonuses are absolutely MANDATORY to get the most out of a game. Terrible.

Oh, and as predicted I scored a Hurricane II which I will use with one of my kamikaze Adepts and Batarian Soldier eventually. I'm definitely buying The Witcher 2 soon. I need a break from this game.

The thing is, +10% wave 6 =/= -10% of wave 10 if that's what really happened

#5422 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:00 AM

I'm sure it did. It just feels weird/wrong at the moment. Great for Random Gold with a bunch of strangers who won't finish I suppose, but once everyone finds out I can imagine plenty of idiots deliberately idling under the assumption that it's a wave boost when it's really the base total. Meh. I just think I'm finally burned out on this game and that balance patch didn't help my mood at all.

#5423 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:44 PM

Got my victory pack and it equaled a jumbo equipment pack. Lame.

Chubbyninja1319.png

What? Oh hell no! Hold up. Huh? Oh okay.

#5424 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:49 PM

Hurricane II yahoo /sarcasm

#5425 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:38 PM

Got my Commendation Pack and...

Stupid Eagle :cry:

Eh I like the N7 Eagle lol.
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#5426 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:39 PM

Witcher 2 is sick. You're in for a pleasant surprise.

Hurricane II yahoo /sarcasm

Same here.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 9/29/2014   Anime doodles      |      Trade List

I do art commissions. Ask me to draw for you.

The game that I animate for is OUT NOW! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#5427 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:57 PM

Got my victory pack and it equaled a jumbo equipment pack. Lame.

Thats what mine was.
Posted Image

#5428 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:07 PM

Victory packs have been like that from the start. The different one was the resurgence weekend victory pack where they basically combined a resurgence pack with the victory pack since you were supposed to be guaranteed a new character.

#5429 bordjon

bordjon

tastes good on the bun.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:29 PM

Been out of town for a little while (Merlefest in NC!) and didn't get to play at all this weekend. I'm also getting a little bored with this game. They need to release some new MP content real soon!

Saw the talk a few pages back about Borderlands. I'm a huge fan and am really excited about the new game (and that sweet chest replica!) I put in so many hours in that game. Just mindless looting! It sure wasn't much for story or true weapon/enemy variety but I loves me some loot regardless. Still only have two pearls to show for it though ;)

Edited by bordjon, 03 May 2012 - 05:44 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#5430 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

What went out is comin' back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:18 PM

Saw the talk a few pages back about Borderlands. I'm a huge fan and am really excited about the new game (and that sweet chest replica!) I put in so many hours in that game. Just mindless looting! It sure wasn't much for story or true weapon/enemy variety but I loves me some loot regardless. Still only have two pearls to show for it though ;)

Borderlands is probably my second favorite game of this generation (after Mass Effect 2). I am hugely looking forward to B2!

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df