Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
9595 replies to this topic

#5521 tukai

tukai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:55 AM

Sadly, that's the problem I have with Mass Effect 3. I play a Soldier and like to use Assault Rifles. But all the ARs feel like slightly better SMGs. In fact, the only "true" AR is the Revenant and with the nerf from ME2->ME3, it doesn't work without certain powers (Marksman) to offset the hit. All we have now are burst-fire (lame), single-shot (also lame), or mini-grenade launchers? None of the ARs have any real power.

"Where's the MEAT?"

Bring the Revenant back to its former glory (better accuracy, more damage, bigger clip, faster reload). Or hell, make new ARs. Ones that are preferably more in line with what a REAL AR is (good accuracy, good damage, decent clip size, great fire rate, and good reload speed).

I think the saber has quite a big punch for an AR.I like using that one a lot.

#5522 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:12 PM

hey don't diss on burst fire, the mattock is beast

#5523 Streetskillz

Streetskillz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:36 PM

Just dropped connection to ME3 servers on Wave 10 Gold again... I think I'm done dealing with the MP now
"It is better to die on your feet than live on your knees." -- Emiliano Zapata

#5524 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:44 PM

I think the saber has quite a big punch for an AR.I like using that one a lot.

While it has good power and an okay fire rate, but it's semi-automatic and has a small clip. Same problem.

As for the other ARs, I don't mind them being available. I just want something that's more like a realistic AR. The best automatic AR in ME3 (Revenant) is like the AK47: perfect reliability (it's a GAME!), decent clip, and really low accuracy. Hell, if this game wanted to be more realistic, why not toss in the AA-12 shotgun? THAT'D be a true beast. Probably make the ARs look like crap in the meantime.
Fight for the Lost

#5525 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:49 PM

I may be in the minority but I have a blast with the Raptor. I know it's *technically* not an AR, but I suck at sniping so this is as good as it gets for me. lol

#5526 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:51 PM

Single Player wise almost any AR will get the job done, but in MP the only two worth a damn in terms of raw dps and ease of upgrading to X are the Mattock and Phaeston. The rest are either used solely for flavor, fire rate, personal preference or managing a 200% cooldown for ability spam heavy classes. IMO if you have to smother a gun in mods and equipment to balance it out/find a use for it then it's trash.

I agree wholeheartedly that if BioWare doesn't get back to buffing the entire roster (besides only their obvious favorite - Mattock) then the next DLC needs to provide three new ARs.

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#5527 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:59 PM

Honestly, the only AR I liked for SP was the Valkyrie. And not everyone got that.
Fight for the Lost

#5528 Soodmeg

Soodmeg

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:37 PM

The problem is that Mattock isnt a real assault rifle...I want a real lay down some fire rambo type rifle. Most of these AR can easily be switched out for pistols if I wanted to single shot it.

Extremely disappointing because I believe I have played the game every way you can. I just dont think they put a lot of creative into this mode.

#5529 KrizB

KrizB

Flrying into FWEE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:13 PM

I see that people are getting ready for the weekend event.

Spent the better part of the afternoon trying to find a silver room that didn't have high level N7 players using low 1-5 level characters.

Have no real problem with them doing it, but in every single room that launched, they would either try to leech for credits or quit because they were not revived fast enough after running head first into enemy spawn zones.

Spoiler

Will try again later tonight.

#5530 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:18 PM

I see that people are getting ready for the weekend event.

Spent the better part of the afternoon trying to find a silver room that didn't have high level N7 players using low 1-5 level characters.

Have no real problem with them doing it, but in every single room that launched, they would either try to leech for credits or quit because they were not revived fast enough after running head first into enemy spawn zones.

Spoiler

Will try again later tonight.

Hahahahahaha, I'm bookmarking the shit out of that GIF.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 6/28/14   Child of Light       |      Trade List

Hey, I'm selling prints now. http://society6.com/...nKazimer/prints

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#5531 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:41 PM

Damn I still have yet to get my pack. I played 2 gold games. One was a loan survivor and the other was a partial extraction.

did you get your pack(s) yet?

I've been away for a few and haven't gotten my pack(s) yet either. I checked the morning before I left and the night I came back and still nothing. Not sure if it dropped for me on the day after and then expired the day before I got back. Which of course would suck.

#5532 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:21 PM

did you get your pack(s) yet?

I've been away for a few and haven't gotten my pack(s) yet either. I checked the morning before I left and the night I came back and still nothing. Not sure if it dropped for me on the day after and then expired the day before I got back. Which of course would suck.

Welcome back, dude! Good trip?

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#5533 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:52 PM

Welcome back, dude! Good trip?

thanks man, hawai'i was awesome.

so if i missed my well earned pack(s)...I'm not gonna sweat it.

i was in a MP F/W/G last night w/3 other ppl all using Strikers. 25:15. I played S/Engineer. No one hid, no one idled, and only 3 rockets were fired. 3 ppl focusing down targets w/Strikers is sick. I still prefer the Falcon (up to IX now) even after the nerf. the controlled fire is more my playstyle and you can still bounce it around corners. Striker hits hard but it's probably more effective at close range...maybe with stability equipment and the turian it would be more to my liking.

I'll be on tonight if you're around.

#5534 Soodmeg

Soodmeg

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:55 PM

Man, this AR thing is really bumming me out. I made a pure weapon damage soldier and I cant even use the damn guy. At any given time I am doing a plus 120% weapons damage with the ability to shoot carnage once while unloading.

Carnage is doing 700 damage if it lands...I should be able to cut through low end guys like god damn butter with surprising fire.

I guess its time to try a grenade launcher or maybe a SMG....which makes no sense...man....pfffft.

Edit: Just tried the striker....worthless.

Edited by Soodmeg, 11 May 2012 - 03:10 PM.

#5535 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:04 PM

thanks man, hawai'i was awesome.

so if i missed my well earned pack(s)...I'm not gonna sweat it.

i was in a MP F/W/G last night w/3 other ppl all using Strikers. 25:15. I played S/Engineer. No one hid, no one idled, and only 3 rockets were fired. 3 ppl focusing down targets w/Strikers is sick. I still prefer the Falcon (up to IX now) even after the nerf. the controlled fire is more my playstyle and you can still bounce it around corners. Striker hits hard but it's probably more effective at close range...maybe with stability equipment and the turian it would be more to my liking.

I'll be on tonight if you're around.

Oh, no shit? I lived on Oahu for a year. I feel like I'd appreciate it more now though; I'm not a little sunburnt, fat kid, 5th grader anymore.

I'll be on this weekend for sure, but I'll see about hopping on tonight too. I feel the beauty calling me.

#5536 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:16 PM

Man, this AR thing is really bumming me out. I made a pure weapon damage soldier and I cant even use the damn guy. At any given time I am doing a plus 120% weapons damage with the ability to shoot carnage once while unloading.

Carnage is doing 700 damage if it lands...I should be able to cut through low end guys like god damn butter with surprising fire.

I guess its time to try a grenade launcher or maybe a SMG....which makes no sense...man....pfffft.

Edit: Just tried the striker....worthless.

some wpns just need more equipment and the right mods to shine. 3 strikers to complete FWG in 25 mintues made me a believer. It's not for me, but I can't deny how effective last night's squad was.

Oh, no shit? I lived on Oahu for a year. I feel like I'd appreciate it more now though; I'm not a little sunburnt, fat kid, 5th grader anymore.

I'll be on this weekend for sure, but I'll see about hopping on tonight too. I feel the beauty calling me.

yeah, not having any desire to use the internet or play videogames was a great feeling. Of course that's partly because Diablo 3 doesn't come out til next tuesday.

I had to get on comms to tell the group not to kick my beautiful soldier...I bought 2 pre_specter packs and got the beautiful paintjob. bat_patterns are a lot different than the rest, I was hoping for a camo but it looks more like hot wheels flames. I guess you can't hide the beauty.

#5537 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:53 PM

Single Player wise almost any AR will get the job done, but in MP the only two worth a damn in terms of raw dps and ease of upgrading to X are the Mattock and Phaeston. The rest are either used solely for flavor, fire rate, personal preference or managing a 200% cooldown for ability spam heavy classes. IMO if you have to smother a gun in mods and equipment to balance it out/find a use for it then it's trash.

I agree wholeheartedly that if BioWare doesn't get back to buffing the entire roster (besides only their obvious favorite - Mattock) then the next DLC needs to provide three new ARs.

what's sad is the collector AR is a great AR...but currently it seems impossible to upgrade it. not even redeeming a 2nd code for it has worked. I really miss using it, but level 1 and level VII + for most other AR's out perform it on Gold. I still use it on Bronze when I'm leveling up a single digit character just for fun.

I think the AR's are fine, the soldiers are the classes that need the most buffing when using wpns be that a higher dmg bonus, more strength, and/or more shields/health. I really don't know since soldiers can be fine with any wpn layout just lackluster compared to all the other classes w.out proper support. Maybe a soldier buff would be a squad bonus. For every soldier in your squad all soldiers gain a +X% bonus to their wpn damage, or something. Shep and a few other iconic videogame soldiers seem to be the only soldier(s) that can do it solo, everyone other soldier seems to be most effective when there's an entire line of them.

two things i've noticed...the final evolution of Soldier's A_Rush give 100% shield cap back, but it seems it gives you 100% of your unmodified shields back, much like Geth Hunter Vision lowers your shields by 50%, but if you have their version of Fitness the shield bar goes down only about 35%ish. I suspect this is also true with Energy Drain as sometimes I've seen my shield bar go up 1/2 way and sometimes to 100%.

#5538 Soodmeg

Soodmeg

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:43 PM

Alright I finally found a AR that works like a real AR...its called the Hurricane SMG with heat sink and capacity mods.

This is the closest thing to a real AR in the game which is embarrassing. Its preforms exactly how I was hoping the ARs would with my pure weapons damage dealing solider. With A.Rush I get around 120% bonus to damage and it chews through low level people like butter. Hell and I think mine is a level 1 for petes sake.

The ARs in the game are just shit....period.

#5539 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:50 PM

glad you found your happy place.

I feel the same way about the incisor and a few shotguns.

#5540 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:47 PM

rofl at the updated stats.. 36% of matches are played on FBW, how boring.

#5541 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:09 AM

Not really boring. Just pathetic.
Fight for the Lost

#5542 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 01:24 PM

Thanks to 100XP for his mentoring on gold last night. Good times with XP, Spy, Simo and Solomsr. At this point I feel I've done all I care about in the game, but the hanging out with like-minded gamers online is what's bringing me back now.
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#5543 Soodmeg

Soodmeg

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:37 PM

Muahahahaha

Jumped into a game today with the noobiest of noobs, we all died within 2:22 seconds of the first round on FBW, I could have revived myself but didnt want to waste it. They didnt even know to go down to the lower level but was trying to battle it out up top.

I didnt blame them just thought it was funny.

#5544 Soodmeg

Soodmeg

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:39 PM

Thanks to 100XP for his mentoring on gold last night. Good times with XP, Spy, Simo and Solomsr. At this point I feel I've done all I care about in the game, but the hanging out with like-minded gamers online is what's bringing me back now.

Yea, to be honest I dont know why I continue to play the MP in the game? Its really rather pointless.....I got all the cheesemints, unlocked mostly everybody and everything but even the ones I dont have unlocked wont change the game that much.

But something keeps bringing me back....probably the ease of picking up and playing.

#5545 simosaurus

simosaurus

Wasting time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:48 PM

Thanks to 100XP for his mentoring on gold last night.

I second that: Thanks for the pointers, 100XP.

I also have done just about all there is to do, but something about the MP keeps drawing me back in. I know I have other games to work on (Skyrim, I see you staring at me) but I can't seem to get ME3 out of my disc tray for long.

Simosaurus.png

#5546 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:51 PM

Muahahahaha

Jumped into a game today with the noobiest of noobs, we all died within 2:22 seconds of the first round on FBW, I could have revived myself but didnt want to waste it. They didnt even know to go down to the lower level but was trying to battle it out up top.

I didnt blame them just thought it was funny.

Well up top does work as an efficient place to hold out too, you have a good view of enemies coming from below and from the launch pad

#5547 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:36 PM

Yeah I have to agree, also yeah it was a lot of fun. So many grabs on that one map, lol my Batarian had some anger issues :lol:.

Ok so I finally was able to see The Avenger's movie; Holy crap the Avengers was awesome (in 3D and at the IMAX)! I so want a Mass Effect movie movie,
Spoiler

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#5548 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 09:35 PM

haha, np. I had a blast, I almost felt like I was talking too much giving intel...but I'm glad everyone had fun, was able to get a full extraction(or two), and learned cobra missile to the ceiling makes the primes sad.

yeah, Avenger's i 3D was pretty awesome. I hope you stayed for the credits.

#5549 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:06 PM

Who knew missile to the ceiling would do so much damage? That's awesome!
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#5550 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:03 PM

Man, I ended up TOTALLY spacing on ME yesterday. I feel it slipping on my priority list :( Max Payne right around the corner isn't helping anything.

Lemme know if you guys hop on today. I'm gonna need a break from work.