Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
9660 replies to this topic

#5551 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:23 PM

Yeah of course I stayed after the end credits.
Posted Image

I too am looking forward to Max Payne 3 and didn't touch ME3 yesterday.
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#5552 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:01 PM

Tried to run some gold today and it seems like the games are getting worse. Wiped on most of them by wave 3. One player didn't do anything for 2 games but no one would kick them so I left. Next one we made it to wave 6 then it went down from there. Another one the host dropped and after that the third player seemed to change every 30 seconds.
Posted Image

#5553 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 05:41 AM

I will be on later tonight to do my Gold match, just in case anyone wants to join me.
Fight for the Lost

#5554 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:28 PM

I got the indra the other day, I actually like it. it's kinda like the raptor on full auto...it's not really my 1 shot 1 kill go to sniper rifle but it's certainly has it's charm.

#5555 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:22 PM

So is the Indra available for the 360 now? I thought it was PC only.

Chubbyninja1319.png

What? Oh hell no! Hold up. Huh? Oh okay.

#5556 Action!

Action!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:46 PM

So is the Indra available for the 360 now? I thought it was PC only.

Yeah, I think they snuck it in a week or two ago. There was some whole debacle with servers being taken down because people were getting it early.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: Happy Inktober! New drawing every day!    |      Trade List

I do art commissions. Ask me to draw for you. I even accept some toys as payment.

The game that I animate for is OUT NOW! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#5557 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:54 PM

People actually like the Indra? I hate it personally. It's like the Avenger of Sniper Rifles.

Now the Talon on the other hand is drop dead gorgeous. I just need a respec card to set up one of my Infiltrators properly to abuse it.

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#5558 Action!

Action!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:06 PM

People actually like the Indra? I hate it personally. It's like the Avenger of Sniper Rifles.

Now the Talon on the other hand is drop dead gorgeous. I just need a respec card to set up one of my Infiltrators properly to abuse it.

The Talon was actually doing some work on my Kroguard for a while there too. Couldn't tell if the stagger was guaranteed or not, but it had most/all of the benefits of a shotgun for almost half the weight.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: Happy Inktober! New drawing every day!    |      Trade List

I do art commissions. Ask me to draw for you. I even accept some toys as payment.

The game that I animate for is OUT NOW! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#5559 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:14 PM

Slap a scope on it to tighten the pellet spread and watch magic occur. So glad heavy pistols have a shredder mod. I can solo everything at almost any range without any serious problems. I could only imagine the type of havoc I could unleash with the Hurricane if SMGs had one as well. The DPS for that gun is out of control as it is.

#5560 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:37 PM

i've come to the conclusion you hate everything that isn't top tier for gold. just an observation, not negative in anyway...it's our difference in preference and gaming style. granted, a bottom of the barrel below 9000 gun, class, character what have you is still ca ca. (referring to League of Legends characters)

I figure if you use an AR w/a scope having a sniper rifle that has a decent RoF is basically an AR w/a scope mod already attached to it.

the geth pulse rifle is the new avenger...I think the only thing the avenger has on the geth pulse rifle is, the sound it makes if you like that chap chap chap sound.

I like the indra because it's new, trust me I would have preferred getting a javelin or having any of my other N7 wpns upgraded instead by a notch...but what can you do but make the most of it.

#5561 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:07 PM

i've come to the conclusion you hate everything that isn't top tier for gold. just an observation, not negative in anyway...it's our difference in preference and gaming style. granted, a bottom of the barrel below 9000 gun, class, character what have you is still ca ca. (referring to League of Legends characters)

I figure if you use an AR w/a scope having a sniper rifle that has a decent RoF is basically an AR w/a scope mod already attached to it.

the geth pulse rifle is the new avenger...I think the only thing the avenger has on the geth pulse rifle is, the sound it makes if you like that chap chap chap sound.

I like the indra because it's new, trust me I would have preferred getting a javelin or having any of my other N7 wpns upgraded instead by a notch...but what can you do but make the most of it.

Not really. I just "hate" everything that contributes to the already underwhelming arsenal of weapons we have to gamble with the odds to get. I rarely play Gold as it is unless a Commendation Pack is on the line, I'm with a team that doesn't want to Firebase Farm or I'm really bored with a ton of equipment collecting dust because I'm usually playing alone.

My assessment of the weapon was purely from a Silver player's point of a view since that is the difficulty I'm most likely playing on. I treated it like a sniper with an Infiltrator and an AR with a Soldier. One spec'd for power damage and the other for weapon damage without any equipment use. I wasn't impressed enough to continue experimenting and can only imagine how much prep/effort would be required for optimal use on Gold. Since again I usually play alone my main concern is finishing games via lone wolfing/carrying strangers so I can't rely on others to back me up. Now using a gun like that for such purposes would eventually turn into a liability for me.

I know full well every weapon and class in this game is Gold viable, but another ultra rare with the dps, capacity and accuracy of a common simply doesn't do for me nor does it make any sense IMO. Even if it comes with a scope and is super accurate because it's going to take forever to level up when there are plenty of viable options for the role it provides. You are right though because does come down to personal preference. I guess I just prefer new weapons like the Striker and Geth SMG with enough dps or personal flair to pull its own weight without constant power spamming or tons of equipment to keep me from being screwed otherwise.

#5562 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:26 PM

@ - ink, fair enough. at least they give us premium specter packs so the chance for ultra rares is less ultra rare...but the javelin continues to elude me.

the geth smg w/the heat sink and clip on the human soldier is hilarious when you use A_Rush.

i've actually played a bunch of silver the other day with randoms. it was a lot of fun not going down after 2 shots from anyone's gun. bronze is still fun, silver is a bit challenging, and gold is really just to make credits to buy crap.

#5563 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:34 PM

Yeah. I've lost hope of ever getting a Black Widow, Asari Adept or Javelin. I have damn near everything else. Unfortunately I also have a handful of rares on V or lower so it's going to be quite a while longer before I see any sort of progress. I agree that Gold is more for credits IMO than anything else. I have more fun on Silver just screwing around until I realize I'm alone on an objective wave and we aren't likely to get paid unless I put on my try hard hat and delve into my Cobra supply.

I honestly wish I were exaggerating about the type of players I run into but if you haven't given a SMG Infiltrator or BW/Claymore Asari Adept a chance then you aren't a real man. ;P

#5564 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:41 PM

Still no asari adept? do you mean justicar?

I got the black widow, and as good as it is...they keep giving me widows making it much harder to go to a lvl 1 sniper rifler over a lvl VI + one.

i've had the displeasure of getting into a few games w/the most racist ppl on XBL. it was almost comedy until i realized they were serious. as for nearly useless players, lazy ones, or babies that need to be carried...I'm glad i can hold my own enough to get the objective round then simply give up if i feel i'm carrying more than one person.

#5565 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:47 PM

i've have an SMG infiltator, Quarian w/the smg weight loss before they made smgs even lighter and before i got ultra light mats up to V. the geth smg/geth infiltrator is where it's at...the geth wpn bonus is just too crazy. it's what soldier's wpn dmg output should be with AR's.

I don't believe I've used a claymore on my asari adept yet, disciple IX yes but not the hvy claymore.

#5566 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:59 PM

Still no asari adept? do you mean justicar?

I got the black widow, and as good as it is...they keep giving me widows making it much harder to go to a lvl 1 sniper rifler over a lvl VI + one.

i've had the displeasure of getting into a few games w/the most racist ppl on XBL. it was almost comedy until i realized they were serious. as for nearly useless players, lazy ones, or babies that need to be carried...I'm glad i can hold my own enough to get the objective round then simply give up if i feel i'm carrying more than one person.

Nope. I literally mean the Adept and not the Justicar. I purposely horded my credits until that Resurgence Pack came out to guarantee me access to that sexy minx. The OG AA however still eludes me. It's so stupid. I feel you on the Widow situation. I have mine at X so I fear by the time the game decides to give me one I won't use it.

Now Call of Duty prepared me for racism of all types on XBL. Sad but always hilarious to experience. My friend and I often have fun at their expense should we care enough to switch to public chat. Hell... one of the reasons we still own MW2 is BECAUSE of the trash talking. It doesn't matter what you're doing some random teenager will insult you for the hell of it. When I'm out in e-wilds trekking alone though I never use a mic. Rather pointless when everyone takes any friendly advice as a near fatal wound to their manhood.

I also give up when I have to carry whole teams now. A couple of days ago I had to carry through numbered objective swarmed with heavies. Every time I'd Cobra two more would f*cking show up on the five feet away from the objective, but I managed to get it done. Nowhere near as fun as soloing a full Silver as a Human Soldier when several people quit in a row.

Nowadays if I go down then so be it. I figure if they want it bad enough they'll shape up and help each other out, but this rarely ever happens. It's pointless being the only person who will use their equipment. Now that the Jumbo Equipment Pack is permanent I know for a fact the majority who refuse to use medi-gel are either clueless or jackasses so they aren't getting revived under any circumstances. I consider that shit just as bad as idle leeching because the whole point of joining or creating a public lobby is to get help and provide it. If I wanted to solo I'd switch to private.

#5567 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 06:38 PM

You'll get that Adept eventually, Ink. Let's say...this week! :D
Fight for the Lost

#5568 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 06:52 PM

I hope so man. I really do. I'm running out of ways to make this game fun for me which is vital since I can't afford to pick anything new up at the moment. I've tried nearly every combination, class and weapon I can think of besides the oddball combinations randoms come up with. Now I'm tempted to mimic those at the expense of being a liability or others believing everyone can be successful with them when that is rarely the case. Regardless I can't deny how tempting a Hurricane Infiltrator/Soldier would be but I'd prefer screwing around with a Locust X. Oh how I wish they never changed it. ;(

I really hope those Vorcha come with Inferno Grenades because I have a blast spamming them and Carnage with my Krogan Soldier. I honestly don't see the point wasting them on my Batarian though.

Btw how did you fair with Silencer? I caved in and did a couple public Gold Firebases for it then put in work as a Sentinel on Reaper Silvers to help out. That Jumbo Equipment Pack got me trippin' man. I seriously need to curb the heroing because I'm only hurting myself, but it was fun stretching out hacks to the fullest for Banshees. God knows I have plenty of Cobras to go around.

#5569 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 06:54 PM

Lol found this today.

I like it *thumbs up*
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#5570 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 06:59 PM

I did 1 reaper gold run, and bunch of reaper silvers with some random group that turned out to be decent and silent. the rest were FWG + random gold which turned out to be a lot of cerberus on different pre-DLC maps.

I've gotten back into human vanguard again and human adept.

I'm hoping all the new races have more unique abilities. the bats' new abilties were so refreshing.

#5571 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:15 PM

I wish there were less overlap as well, but it is what it is I guess. It sucks the Soldier got the better of the new abilities. Submission Net would be SO much better if they'd buff up the projectile speed again or reduce the cooldown so you could spam it more. I rarely use him because it's so frustrating to rely on when you barely have a 50% chance of actually connecting to normal mobs.

#5572 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:22 PM

you know the net can stick to walls and floors right?

we've "thrown" (lifted, pushed, etc) mobs into the webs at where 2 stories up. it was hilarious. he's still a melee force, the net is just sticky gravey. I'm hoping the "phoenix" race has dark channel, and they somehow manage to put Slam back in there. Full evolution of lift grenade is not slam.

#5573 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:32 PM

Slam SERIOUSLY needs to make a return. Dominate as well so all those Firebase farm fests will switch to Reaper. It'll not only spice things up but how funny/awesome would it be to charm a group of husks into humping a brute to death? Ravagers sniping the Marauders in front of them? Banshees going on a murder spree? I mean sure it would undoubtedly break the game but IT WOULD BE SO MUCH FUN TO WATCH UGH.

I knew about that aspect of the net, but never fully tested it out. Besides although useful it still sounds like a gimped Proxy Mine to me. ;(

Btw how does Dark Channel work anyway? I'm probably never going to buy From Ashes so I'll never know.

#5574 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:45 PM

Slam SERIOUSLY needs to make a return. Dominate as well so all those Firebase farm fests will switch to Reaper. It'll not only spice things up but how funny/awesome would it be to charm a group of husks into humping a brute to death? Ravagers sniping the Marauders in front of them? Banshees going on a murder spree? I mean sure it would undoubtedly break the game but IT WOULD BE SO MUCH FUN TO WATCH UGH.

I knew about that aspect of the net, but never fully tested it out. Besides although useful it still sounds like a gimped Proxy Mine to me. ;(

Btw how does Dark Channel work anyway? I'm probably never going to buy From Ashes so I'll never know.

Dark channel is like pestilence. You infect 1 target and it has a DoT/duration. If you pop the guy before the duration ends it spreads to another enemy nearby...and it keeps on giving so long as there's duration left. I think it also make the target take more damage when you hit thim but offers you no additional self buffs like Reave does.

Dominate after knowing how we abused Hack on Geth will probably be exactly like Sabotage post nerf. I don't think there will ever be a better farm than Geth because none of them have instant kill animations, everyone can be tossed except the prime, and outside of the prime's staggering ability, they're really kinda easy to beat so long as you don't let them flank you. Just AoE/Tech or Biotic Burst them down. you don't even need to focus. Heck, inferno grenade works on them.

#5575 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:10 PM

I hope so man. I really do. I'm running out of ways to make this game fun for me which is vital since I can't afford to pick anything new up at the moment. I've tried nearly every combination, class and weapon I can think of besides the oddball combinations randoms come up with. Now I'm tempted to mimic those at the expense of being a liability or others believing everyone can be successful with them when that is rarely the case. Regardless I can't deny how tempting a Hurricane Infiltrator/Soldier would be but I'd prefer screwing around with a Locust X. Oh how I wish they never changed it. ;(

I really hope those Vorcha come with Inferno Grenades because I have a blast spamming them and Carnage with my Krogan Soldier. I honestly don't see the point wasting them on my Batarian though.

Btw how did you fair with Silencer? I caved in and did a couple public Gold Firebases for it then put in work as a Sentinel on Reaper Silvers to help out. That Jumbo Equipment Pack got me trippin' man. I seriously need to curb the heroing because I'm only hurting myself, but it was fun stretching out hacks to the fullest for Banshees. God knows I have plenty of Cobras to go around.

I took a break this weekend. Did wonders for me, considering how tired I was getting of randoms. Trying to do my Full Extraction on Gold today, but so far, not too good. Heck, you should take a break. Especially since this weekend doesn't have an event.

Also, I'm on right now if you want to knock out a few games.

Edited by dualedge2, 14 May 2012 - 08:21 PM.

Fight for the Lost

#5576 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:31 PM

Wow... DC sounds great. A ME version of DA's Walking Bomb spell. Almost enough to convince me to buy From Ashes, but I think I'll wait until the eventual MP reveal. Not sure why people think lore actually matters that much in an MP setting but no one said RPG fans were rational human beings either.

Edge: I honestly want to take a break, but I have nothing here sparking enough interest to take a detour. I keep coming back to ME MP because it's the only pick up and play title I've got that gives me more instant gratification than headaches. I don't have to spend that much energy to perform well, worry about lag, map design, op weaponry, camping or any other nonsense a competitive format brings me.

What I truly need is another Skyrim in my life right now. I'll be on later tonight if you want to run some Gold though definitely. It's been a while since we last played.

#5577 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:34 PM

Wow... DC sounds great. A ME version of DA's Walking Bomb spell. Almost enough to convince me to buy From Ashes, but I think I'll wait until the eventual MP reveal. Not sure why people think lore actually matters that much in an MP setting but no one said RPG fans were rational human beings either.

The salarians successfully cloned a dinosaur...i don't see why they can't make protheans. plus what you experience in game is only shep's story. while there's only 1 shep, there's still the entire N7 doing other things throughout the galaxy...finding more prothean artifacts could very well be "from ashes." see what I did there? ha haaa..bang bang (finger bang)

but from the campaign standpoint the DLC was worth it for the story and character interaction.

#5578 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:36 PM

Wow... DC sounds great. A ME version of DA's Walking Bomb spell.

Eh... kinda, but not really.

Dark channel is damage over time, and if the target dies while it's active, it switches to a new target. You can only have one dark channel running at a time. It can be detonated.

Walking bomb also did damage over time, but if the target died, he exploded, doing damage to anyone nearby. Virulent walking bomb added a chance of passing on the walking bomb status to explosion victims. You could have multiple walking bombs out at the same time.

Posted Image

#5579 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:46 PM

Eh... kinda, but not really.

Dark channel is damage over time, and if the target dies while it's active, it switches to a new target. You can only have one dark channel running at a time. It can be detonated.

Walking bomb also did damage over time, but if the target died, he exploded, doing damage to anyone nearby. Virulent walking bomb added a chance of passing on the walking bomb status to explosion victims. You could have multiple walking bombs out at the same time.

Point taken. Still it's leaps and bounds better than the current line up of available biotics. Only three of them truly matter with the rest either being window dressing, marginally effective, or just plain terrible.

finding more prothean artifacts could very well be "from ashes." see what I did there? ha haaa..bang bang (finger bang)

...NICE. 8-)

#5580 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:05 PM

Or they could poke Javik and clone that.

Also, I still haven't had a Full Extraction for the event, so I need that before 5 pm PST (had a VERY close one, but the 4th AFK'd the whole match so we only got Partial :cry:)
Fight for the Lost