Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
9630 replies to this topic

#5611 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:52 PM

I think what my man Ryu is saying is that there are some folks who only like the single player stuff and are dying for more content. While I enjoy the MP, I'd shank a kitten for more sp content. Even if it is more costumes or whatever. ANYTHING good for the campaign would be welcome. More cheevos would be nice too.

Definitely. I've not even touched the MP. Just not into MP these days, too many single player games to get through.

#5612 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:58 PM

Definitely. I've not even touched the MP. Just not into MP these days, too many single player games to get through.

I could understand if ME3 MP was like Fire Fight or Horde, but bioware tying in readiness and war assets through MP was pretty clever and sweet. as much as I love the SP experience and respect the shep, being able to play as other races is really part of the draw to the MP. Mindless cooperative combat, but it's addiciting somehow and not even just for card packs. I'd say, the MP is in some ways a part of the SP experience, it's up to you how much of a part it can be.

"Bananas!"

#5613 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:04 PM

I hated that they tied it into the SP personally. I'm just not into MP stuff. Gaming is something I want to do alone to veg out.

#5614 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:07 PM

I hated that they tied it into the SP personally. I'm just not into MP stuff. Gaming is something I want to do alone to veg out.

I can respect dat.

#5615 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:17 PM

They said that they're delaying SP DLC to accommodate for the Extended Cut, but I honestly doubt we would have seen any SP support at this point regardless. I can't personally remember what the windows were between ME2's release and it's DLC, but I'm cool with waiting if the shit's gonna be good.

Last I checked, BioWare Montreal was in charge of all things MP, so that dev time shouldn't be impacting Edmonton's cycles.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 8/15/14   Shovel Knight      |      Trade List

Hey, I'm selling prints now. http://society6.com/...nKazimer/prints

The game that I animate for is OUT NOW! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#5616 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:23 PM

BUFF ALL THE THINGS! - MP Balance Changes:
Spoiler

I especially love them making Geth easier to farm on Gold (CRI MOIR BSN) and respec cards becoming uncommon now. Hilarious. I finally have a reason to buy Vet Packs again. LOL @ the Hurricane buff. My Turians are going to be monsters now, but I'm still not going to be using the Indra nor Eagle anytime soon.

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#5617 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:37 PM

I'm a single player guy all the way but MP in this game is phenomenal and I couldn't recommend it more as an entry point for MP newbies (like I was).
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#5618 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:46 PM

funny...and the reason why Geth Gold was difficult was because of hunters and pyros and now they're less of them. must be a shortage of parts.

tbh, if you're capped at 255 on equipment and you get the card again...you should just get the shaft. unless i'm mistaken and they meant a total number of equipment is 255 and not 255 of a single type.

#5619 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:24 PM

I'm a single player guy all the way but MP in this game is phenomenal and I couldn't recommend it more as an entry point for MP newbies (like I was).

I'm sure I'd like it probably since I did enjoy Horde in Gears 2 (didn't play it much in Gears 3).

I just got burnt out on MP, and built up a small backlog of single player stuff I need to get through. So I'm just avoiding any MP stuff for now.

#5620 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:24 PM

Run roh. Looks like operation silencer was a failure. I thought 3 million seemed like a lofty goal. Check the bioware blog for the update.
Chubbyninja1319.png

#5621 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:42 PM

BUFF ALL THE THINGS! - MP Balance Changes:

Spoiler

I especially love them making Geth easier to farm on Gold (CRI MOIR BSN) and respec cards becoming uncommon now. Hilarious. I finally have a reason to buy Vet Packs again. LOL @ the Hurricane buff. My Turians are going to be monsters now, but I'm still not going to be using the Indra nor Eagle anytime soon.

The Eagle buff made me laugh (and cry, since I have it and it still probably sucks). The Indra buff made me laugh HARD. Hasn't the Indra been basically "free" to PC players, but only now do they choose to buff it. When it's finally been released for 360/PS3. Sad.

Not really surprised Silencer failed. Exorcist was 1 million Phantoms and the community only hit about 1.5 million. What made them think the community could do 3 million? This sure as hell isn't CoD. To be fair, that one Gold match I played with Inky probably had about 100,000, so we did our part :lol:
Fight for the Lost

#5622 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:51 PM

I think buffing the N7 wpns is a good idea mainly because, leveling it up will be hard...so what's the point of a lvl 1 Indra when you can just use a lvl X Avenger w/a scope. The free PC Indra still required ppl to register an account with Nvidia or something, so yeah free but there's a step for lazy ppl to take.

As for Silencer failing, I was under the impression the 3 million count was across both platforms. PS3 + Xbox's progress. Oh well...3 million anything outside of geth or swarmers is asking a lot, esp when a bunch of games recently released.

#5623 MrPiggles

MrPiggles

Better Call Saul

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:30 PM

The Eagle buff made me laugh (and cry, since I have it and it still probably sucks). The Indra buff made me laugh HARD. Hasn't the Indra been basically "free" to PC players, but only now do they choose to buff it. When it's finally been released for 360/PS3. Sad.

Indra was only free to PC as a singleplayer DLC.

#5624 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:26 PM

Commendation Packs are available and I'm now the proud owner of DAT HURRICANE III BWOY. I see a whole lot of dead people, synthetics and monstrosities alike in my future.

#5625 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:44 PM

Haven't gotten mine. Will wait until later tonight to see if I got borked.

To be fair, I got it in the very last hour, thanks in no small part to Inky.
Fight for the Lost

#5626 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:58 AM

Psht... you know I'm always glad to rep my cit- er... message board. Anytime man. Anytime.

#5627 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:12 AM

Haha, well, it looks like I may have gotten "Operation Raptor'd" :cry:

Still no Commendation Pack
Fight for the Lost

#5628 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:23 AM

...Ouch. I guess my bad luck for these events rubbed off on you. Your best bet is to hit up EA Help Support via the official website. I know wouldn't have gotten my Raptor Pack otherwise.

#5629 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:42 AM

I'll give it until tomorrow. If there's still no pack tomorrow, then I'll hit them up.

Besides, even if I don't get my pack, that last Reaper Gold match was hella fun. That would be worth missing out on the pack (but I'd rather have both).
Fight for the Lost

#5630 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:51 AM

Word. I'd definitely rank that match as my personal undisputed number one. I haven't had that much fun playing mp since GoW2 with my old crew. I hope they plan to announce a release date for Rebellion soon because I'm down to playing one match per favored class then moving onto something else. Boredom is seriously starting to burrow in and make a home here.

Plus I've noticed that I've lost all patience for incompetence when comes to randoms. I don't even try to pick up people anymore in my hosted games man... haha. It's nice going down every once in a blue moon now.

#5631 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:28 AM

Yeah ouch, a dear john letter from Admiral Hackett lol.

It is with great regret that I must announce the withdrawal of forces from several colonies in asari space.

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#5632 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:53 AM

It's
Spoiler

UPDATE: I found a thread on the BSN, stating that all Commendation Packs had been given out (this thread: http://social.biowar.../index/12095929). So, I contacted EA Support (here: https://help.ea.com/...t=mass-effect-3) and their CS got me my pack.

And good news...

The best gets better: VALIANT II

Edited by dualedge2, 17 May 2012 - 07:37 AM.

Fight for the Lost

#5633 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:56 PM

Commendation Packs are available and I'm now the proud owner of DAT HURRICANE III BWOY. I see a whole lot of dead people, synthetics and monstrosities alike in my future.

basically the same thing except "DAT VALIANT III BWOY." I'm pretty pleased with that. While I'm alittle bummed out I missed the previous commednation pack...being in hawai'i for that week trumps that reward.

#5634 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:13 PM

...I hate the both of you in the nicest possible way a man could hate two other men for obtaining in game weaponry that he clearly will never possess in this lifetime or the next.

Oh well... I could have easily been a member of the Eagle III Failclub so I'd best keep my mouth shut before this game gets any particularly diabolical ideas.

#5635 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:37 PM

you'll get it...it may take a few months but there's only so many N7 wpn type they hand out in the commendation packs. I'm sad panda it could have been a Valiant IV. it's kind of a shame the packs expire.

#5636 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:40 PM

http://24.media.tumb...k6uoo1_1280.jpg
Chubbyninja1319.png

#5637 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:44 PM

ME2's wins for me. My girlfriend and I do it at social events constantly.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 8/15/14   Shovel Knight      |      Trade List

Hey, I'm selling prints now. http://society6.com/...nKazimer/prints

The game that I animate for is OUT NOW! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#5638 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:58 PM

"In order to destroy the Reapers and avoid Starchild, you must dance, Shepard..."

Probably why we got the endings we did.
Fight for the Lost

#5639 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:06 AM

Lol, do the Elaine!

Yea I got the Crusader...
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#5640 Freemason

Freemason

I'd Hit That...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:26 AM

ME2's wins for me. My girlfriend and I do it at social events constantly.

My wife and I still do it at home. All of which have produced our 3 daughters.

Currently Playing:

:pc: Payday 2 , Diablo 3, Star Wars: The Old Republic

fs_overall.png