Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
9553 replies to this topic

#6241 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:39 PM

So, who else is going to stay away from the forums for a few days after the EC comes out tomorrow?
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#6242 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

The electronics of your heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:47 PM

The people who have married themselves to IT are going to implode basically. I think things will be fine here but the BioWare forums are going to be an apocalyptic flamescape. :lol:

My wife was making fun of Mass Effect yesterday, she called it romance novels for men. I was hard-pressed to disagree. :lol:

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#6243 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:51 PM

The people who have married themselves to IT are going to implode basically. I think things will be fine here but the BioWare forums are going to be an apocalyptic flamescape. :lol:

My wife was making fun of Mass Effect yesterday, she called it romance novels for men. I was hard-pressed to disagree. :lol:

Professional wrestling is a man's soap opera.

#6244 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:03 PM

Thankfully, my girl ended up just as invested in ME as I did, so we're able to make fun of eachother. She seriously stood in front of the TV on my ME2 playthrough and demanded I stop flirting with Garrus, and that he was hers.

Really not expecting a ton from EC, but as someone who wasn't really THAT mad to begin with, I'll happily check it out to see what it's made of. Got my GR rating up to about 85, so hopefully that's enough for...whatever. If it's good, awesome, but if not I think I'll be alright.

Is it confirmed that you have to start replaying at
Spoiler

Does anyone remember the numbers on whatever nerf the Kyrsae got? The shit's still super good, and should be illegal on Kroguards.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 6/28/14   Child of Light       |      Trade List

Hey, I'm selling prints now. http://society6.com/...nKazimer/prints

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#6245 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:17 PM

So, who else is going to stay away from the forums for a few days after the EC comes out tomorrow?

Hah, I think you'll be fine with how strict this board is of spoilers with the anal use of spoiler tags.

Yeah I know what you're talking about but f romance novels AREN'T INTERACTIVE! /rant 8-)

Played some MP last night and I got into a random game via quick match. Well I start out as the team has playing a bit. I later notice, considering how hard the enemies were to take down, that I was playing on GOLD!? Oh shit, yeah we did it but it was a brutal taxing gaming session (my lower level Drell Vanguard was not setup to go Geth Gold) lol. I wish you could have an option to do any random difficulty but Gold haha. I got a lot of money out of that run though. :bouncy:
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#6246 matto1233

matto1233

frooooom chicagooo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:31 PM

The same day as Dawnguard? Wow, how am I gonna split this?!

#6247 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:53 PM

Your wife is awesome.

Thankfully, my girl ended up just as invested in ME as I did, so we're able to make fun of eachother. She seriously stood in front of the TV on my ME2 playthrough and demanded I stop flirting with Garrus, and that he was hers.

Your girl is a hater.

Does anyone remember the numbers on whatever nerf the Kyrsae got? The shit's still super good, and should be illegal on Kroguards.

Krysae Sniper Rifle
- Damage reduced from [531.2-664.0] to [476.0-595.0]

Rest assured they still have plenty of time to make it worse. For now the "Balance" Nerd Alliance on BSN is too busy aiming their pitchforks and torches at Infiltrators to put the final nail in the coffin.

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#6248 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:56 PM

I need to check and see if I've got a save in the right spot for the EC.

Look, there's no easy way to ask this so I'm just gonna do it...

Does anyone want to be gay lovers with me in Fable 3?

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#6249 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:56 PM

The BioWare forums are going to be an apocalyptic flamescape.

Ha! That's a pretty good description. I know I'm not going to see much of the EC tomorrow unless I institute a patented ChubbyNinja "Bad Decision Tuesday" but that shit gets me in trouble! Still....this is mass effect we're talking about here. :lol:
Chubbyninja1319.png

#6250 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:10 PM

Your girl is a hater.

Krysae Sniper Rifle
- Damage reduced from [531.2-664.0] to [476.0-595.0]

Rest assured they still have plenty of time to make it worse. For now the "Balance" Nerd Alliance on BSN is too busy aiming their pitchforks and torches at Infiltrators to put the final nail in the coffin.

Nah, she just wanted dat catface to herself. I wasn't gonna fight her, because the second I start that battle is the second I begin questioning everything about myself.

Also, even though I still dig playing multi every now and then, I don't see any nerfs turning me off of it anymore than has happened naturally. I got a solid three months out of a game I was determined to dislike the multiplayer for; I've gotten way more than my money's worth out of it.

Also helps that I kinda don't play Infiltrator much anymore. What exactly are they lobbying for over at BSN? I do everything in my power to stay away from that shit.

Thanks for the DMG numbers, by the way.

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#6251 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:15 PM

Nah, she just wanted dat catface to herself. I wasn't gonna fight her, because the second I start that battle is the second I begin questioning everything about myself.

I don't understand the whole Garrus romance deal. I mean, he's awesome, dat voice, and he's my bro 4 lyfe, but really? He's got an exoskeleton. He's basically a bug.

Must be a girl thing.

#6252 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:21 PM

really the nerfing just affects gold runs in the end, bronze and silver are pretty much a cake walk for all of us at this point (w/our unlocks and just plain experience).

...but how much nerfing would really affect gold anyway? we still have rockets, and combos are still insanely effective if not borderline op. add to that a cohesive squad and sometimes even a squad w/comms and there is nothing we can face punch or biotic combo to full extraction.

#6253 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:22 PM

I don't understand the whole Garrus romance deal. I mean, he's awesome, dat voice, and he's my bro 4 lyfe, but really? He's got an exoskeleton. He's basically a bug.

Must be a girl thing.

The only reason Asari love doesn't get hate is because it's an indictment of the entire Japanese population.

#6254 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:23 PM

Must be a girl thing.

probably the voice and the charisma. look at some celebrities husbands, you think Christina Hendricks would/could be with someone with more hollywood good looks...but hey, he might just know the combination to turn her dial.

...a catbug, a charming catbug w/a sniper rifle.

#6255 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:28 PM

Also helps that I kinda don't play Infiltrator much anymore. What exactly are they lobbying for over at BSN? I do everything in my power to stay away from that shit.

The better question is what aren't they lobbying for at this point. It's the same cycle that plagues every MP mode in every game. Extremely selfish vocal minority with an ear to the powers that be doing everything in their power to tweak the game to their personal preferences regardless of the majority's opinion on it. After all they know best, right? Then have the nerve to wonder why the game dies so fast while they migrate to the next one to rui- er... "balance". My mistake.

I give one or two more free DLC packs before I completely abandon it. I always thought co-op modes were immune to this sort of bullshit and now that I'm wrong I'm tempted to retire to MP altogether. Never fails when comes to this cycle I'm always on the losing end of it. Now it seems whenever I find something I like I'm playing on borrowed time and I hate wasting money.

Resident Evil 6 is my last hope.

#6256 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:29 PM

The only reason Asari love doesn't get hate is because it's an indictment of the entire Japanese population.

Asari are just hot chicks with blue skin and short hair. ;)

#6257 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:32 PM

Must be a girl thing.

He's Space Motherfuckin' Batman. Not much mystery behind why women want to pounce on 'em.

#6258 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:37 PM

Asari are just hot chicks with blue skin and short hair. ;)

I think the other appeal to them is...they swing both ways.

#6259 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:55 PM

Interestingly enough, in regards to Garrus, the art team actually put a lot of time and effort into studying angles and facial structure that females find appealing during his concept phase. It's a hard sell just looking at him, but I feel like his overwhelming female fanbase lends a good deal of credibility to their studies.

Also, Batman.

#6260 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:58 PM

Interestingly enough, in regards to Garrus, the art team actually put a lot of time and effort into studying angles and facial structure that females find appealing during his concept phase. It's a hard sell just looking at him, but I feel like his overwhelming female fanbase lends a good deal of credibility to their studies.

I thought that was Thane?

I had read that Garrus was never intended to be a romance option until fans asked for it, whereas Thane was designed from the get-go to be appealing to the female audience.

#6261 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:09 PM

Regardless of intent, I read the exact same about Garrus and the Turians. Either way, it seems pretty clear which race it worked out for. I did read that about Thane too, though.

Oddly enough, most dudes I know personally who played Femshep ended up going for Thane. They may have unintentionally worked a little backwards with the Drell, now that we're discussing it, hahaha.

#6262 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:57 PM

I thought that was Thane?

I had read that Garrus was never intended to be a romance option until fans asked for it, whereas Thane was designed from the get-go to be appealing to the female audience.

This. You're right on. It was the fans showing the love for Garrus that led to him being a romance option. They, the bioware team, kept referencing deviant art as inspiring the decision.

Garrus is a bad muh scratcher, tho. He's my boy. Every mission. Every game.
Chubbyninja1319.png

#6263 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:02 PM

I'm trying to so hard to find the article I read. It was straight from some of the concept guys and super interesting. I'ma keep diggin' throughout the day; I think you guys would like it.

Just to be doubly clear, I know the mention of Thane's lady-science in the art book. I feel like what I'm talking about came way of CGhub or something. It's also solely based on design, not the demand for a bangable Garrus. Damnit!

#6264 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:05 PM

I'm trying to so hard to find the article I read. It was straight from some of the concept guys and super interesting. I'ma keep diggin' throughout the day; I think you guys would like it.

Just to be doubly clear, I know the mention of Thane's lady-science in the art book. I feel like what I'm talking about came way of CGhub or something. It's also solely based on design, not the demand for a bangable Garrus. Damnit!

Was it the video from before ME3 came out where they first showed Garrus' new ME3 armor design maybe? I think I remember them talking a bit about how they originally designed Turians in that one. Maybe not.

#6265 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:06 PM

"Bangable Garrus" = quote of the day!
Chubbyninja1319.png

#6266 blueweltall

blueweltall

Kill the Batman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:25 PM

You think there are going to be a lot of pissed of people if the IT is true? I only think the pissed off people are the one who realized that they got indoctrinated. Man all that time spent fighting the reapers and at the last moment you caved in. Ouch! ;)

BTW
Spoiler

#6267 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:33 PM

BTW

Spoiler

Don't worry, I will. ;)

#6268 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:51 PM

You think there are going to be a lot of pissed of people if the IT is true? I only think the pissed off people are the one who realized that they got indoctrinated. Man all that time spent fighting the reapers and at the last moment you caved in. Ouch! ;)

BTW

Spoiler

Bioware's plan all along, indoctrinate all of BSN? :lol:

#6269 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:20 PM

Per the mods on the BSN, the new required EMS (locked in at the start of the Cronos Station mission) to "see all of the scenes" in the Extended Cut (read, presumably,
Spoiler
) is 3100. So, that's 6200 War Assets with no multiplayer/Datapad, or 3100 War Assets with 100% Readiness from multiplayer/Datapad.

#6270 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:32 PM

Per the mods on the BSN, the new required EMS (locked in at the start of the Cronos Station mission) to "see all of the scenes" in the Extended Cut (read, presumably,

Spoiler
) is 3100. So, that's 6200 War Assets with no multiplayer/Datapad, or 3100 War Assets with 100% Readiness from multiplayer/Datapad.

Oh, sick. I should be good then. Thanks for the heads up, man.