Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
9303 replies to this topic

#6811 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:53 AM

Just saying, there's no good reason to stick it out. If you want to, great. Go for it. For others, there's less reason to spend extra time.
Fight for the Lost

#6812 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:58 AM

Ok lol the Krysae Sniper Rifle still owns, esp when used with my Turian Marksmen and backup proxy mine. ;)

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.

Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D  Watch Dogs, Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#6813 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:52 PM

Getting stomped on gold and platinum is the worst shit ever. Like, "I kinda don't want to play this anymore." bad. Apparently Atlas mechs have a ground stomp? That's news to me.

Got the Harrier, anyway. Stoked to try swapping my Saber out for it on a few characters.

i've died to Atlas stomps...though i think if they just walk over you, you dead. kinda makes sense but there doesnt seem to be an animation for a XXX - ton mecha walking over your fragile under armored body.

ah saber...the other s-word.

is there a mod that lets you zoom faster?

#6814 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:24 PM

Mass Effect movie script is written

It's based on the first game. Shepard is male. Apparently those are the only details that are known!

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#6815 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Next Gen Calibrations

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:16 PM

Mass Effect movie script is written

It's based on the first game. Shepard is male. Apparently those are the only details that are known!

For me....two of the most important boxes checked. ME1 would lend itself very well to a big budget Hollywood caliber film. Having this turn out decent will require the infinite power of the Enkindlers, the Goddesses, Andastre, and who knows what else. Game-movies don't have a great track record.

Here's a thought.....what if Shepard only plays a bit part and its really about a young mans journey to find himself, in a galaxy where human kind d is just barely coming into its own. That man? Conrad Verner. God, please no.

mass_effect_n7_training_program_custom_lChubbyNinja1319.png

#6816 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:51 PM

Getting stomped on gold and platinum is the worst shit ever. Like, "I kinda don't want to play this anymore." bad. Apparently Atlas mechs have a ground stomp? That's news to me.

It's pretty rare, but mostly because they are so damn slow.
Posted Image

#6817 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:06 PM

For me....two of the most important boxes checked. ME1 would lend itself very well to a big budget Hollywood caliber film. Having this turn out decent will require the infinite power of the Enkindlers, the Goddesses, Andastre, and who knows what else. Game-movies don't have a great track record.

I'd love to see Brandon Keener, Liz Sroka, et al. lend their voices to the movie for any characters who would likely be CGI or have concealed faces anyway. Tricia Helfer and Seth Green could actually play their characters wholesale.

#6818 blueweltall

blueweltall

Kill the Batman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:08 PM

New Operation for this weekend

Operation OVERWATCH drops troops on Earth to tackle the most secure Reaper strongholds. Reaper anti-air defense will make for high-risk shuttle extractions.
Squad Goal: Extraction on any difficulty with at least one squad member using an Earth Pack character
Allied Goal: Extract 800,000 individual players on any difficulty, with each live member counting toward the goal.
Squad Goal Success: All squad members awarded a Commendation Pack.
Allied Goal Success: All players awarded a Victory Pack that includes a new Earth character.
Special Circumstance: Extraction time lengthened due to failure of Operation BROADSIDE.
Requirement: Mass Effect: Earth must be installed to earn these rewards.

#6819 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:42 PM

Squad goal...this should be cake, esp if you have an earth pack character. I think I'll do it on silver just to get it out of the way 1st unless CAG in d'house then we do it bling bling style nahmsayin?

Special Circumstance? so, we all turtle longer in FWG? roger dat.

if they be stompin your heads in gold, I might do a lot of silver runs to level up my characters. I never really recovered from the promote 3 lvl 20's operation.

#6820 Action!

Action!

Animatah.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:04 PM

Squad goal...this should be cake, esp if you have an earth pack character. I think I'll do it on silver just to get it out of the way 1st unless CAG in d'house then we do it bling bling style nahmsayin?

Special Circumstance? so, we all turtle longer in FWG? roger dat.

if they be stompin your heads in gold, I might do a lot of silver runs to level up my characters. I never really recovered from the promote 3 lvl 20's operation.

I'll be on deck for some golds this weekend. I was a little heated when I made that post last night; it's honestly not the worst thing in the world. It's more of a bummer when your random teammate lets an Assault Trooper waltz right past him to make paste out of your face.

Harrier's cool, but damn that ammo dries up quick. Think I'll probably stick with the Claymore/Saber setup on my Destroyer for now. That class has grown on me hard.

I draw sometimes.

Trade List

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#6821 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:08 PM

you know if CK the Boss was w/you he would have totally let you be foot paste but then carried the team to extraction solo...with dat guy at least you can count on him to not play like a team member and that's better than empty hope on randoms.

#6822 Action!

Action!

Animatah.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:11 PM

you know if CK the Boss was w/you he would have totally let you be foot paste but then carried the team to extraction solo...with dat guy at least you can count on him to not play like a team member and that's better than empty hope on randoms.

Hahahahaha, stop remembering his name!

I draw sometimes.

Trade List

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#6823 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:18 PM

Hahahahaha, stop remembering his name!

I wish I could forget.

#6824 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:27 PM

I'd love to see Brandon Keener, Liz Sroka, et al. lend their voices to the movie for any characters who would likely be CGI or have concealed faces anyway. Tricia Helfer and Seth Green could actually play their characters wholesale.

If they don't use the voice actors that have voice the non-human characters, they'd be insane without question.

I can't imagine any of the non-human characters without their respective voice actors. It just wouldn't work and I could see it bombing for that reason alone.

#6825 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:36 PM

Keith David as Captain Anderson and Lance Henriksen as Admiral Hackett would be good choices as well IMO.

Although thinking about it just makes me wish they had an actual actor potray Shepard, and not some male model.

Anyway, guess I'll have to play some in the next couple days to try and unlock an N7 character.
Posted Image

#6826 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:40 PM

Keith David as Captain Anderson and Lance Henriksen as Admiral Hackett would be good choices as well IMO.

Although thinking about it just makes me wish they had an actual actor potray Shepard, and not some male model.

Anyway, guess I'll have to play some in the next couple days to try and unlock an N7 character.

I'd think those should be other "they'd be crazy if they didn't use these actors for their characters" choices like the voice actors for the non-human characters. Besides those two, there's no other ones that jump out at me that would be mistakes if they didn't cast.

Seth Green for Joker also seems like a "duh" choice, though you never can tell.

#6827 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:47 PM

I'd think those should be other "they'd be crazy if they didn't use these actors for their characters" choices like the voice actors for the non-human characters. Besides those two, there's no other ones that jump out at me that would be mistakes if they didn't cast.

Seth Green for Joker also seems like a "duh" choice, though you never can tell.

Yvonne Strahovski, assuming there's elements from ME2/ME3 in the film or a sequel.

In terms of "It's not Mass Effect without ___'s voice", Martin Sheen's performance as the Illusive Man is maybe the one performance that defines Mass Effect for me. That would hurt to hear a different voice for that character. Martin Sheen is probably too old to play TIM though.

#6828 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:57 PM

I'll be on deck for some golds this weekend. I was a little heated when I made that post last night; it's honestly not the worst thing in the world. It's more of a bummer when your random teammate lets an Assault Trooper waltz right past him to make paste out of your face.

Harrier's cool, but damn that ammo dries up quick. Think I'll probably stick with the Claymore/Saber setup on my Destroyer for now. That class has grown on me hard.

Yea, Harrier really needs an increase to spare ammo, say 80 to 120 minimum. I don't actually mind the magazine size, just that the spare needs more. Also, being made a Rare item would help a lot. Even with the Destroyer's 60% magazine increase, it's only 48/80 at Harrier I (with extended magazine, I might add).
Fight for the Lost

#6829 Arikado

Arikado

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:25 PM

I honestly hope the movie gets stuck in development hell. I just can't see it being good.
Posted Image

#6830 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:09 PM

Yvonne Strahovski, assuming there's elements from ME2/ME3 in the film or a sequel.

In terms of "It's not Mass Effect without ___'s voice", Martin Sheen's performance as the Illusive Man is maybe the one performance that defines Mass Effect for me. That would hurt to hear a different voice for that character. Martin Sheen is probably too old to play TIM though.

I'm sure Yvonne Strahovski wouldn't mind one bit playing Miranda, since the character model was made off of her, of course. :D

TIM would have to be done by Martin Sheen for the voice, yes. Unless they pulled a Jeff Bridges-style de-aging process like they did in Tron Legacy, it couldn't be done properly. No question there. Was odd that I saw him when he was in The Amazing Spiderman as Uncle Ben and that same evening I finished ME3 with the endgame including TIM. ;)

I honestly hope the movie gets stuck in development hell. I just can't see it being good.

The Bioshock movie's been in development hell for a while, so this might suffer the same fate.

I can't see them getting it right either, though you never know. Give it to a director that knows what he's doing and we might get lucky. Anyone but Uwe Boll. :shock:

#6831 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:06 AM

New Operation for this weekend

Operation OVERWATCH drops troops on Earth to tackle the most secure Reaper strongholds. Reaper anti-air defense will make for high-risk shuttle extractions.
Squad Goal: Extraction on any difficulty with at least one squad member using an Earth Pack character
Allied Goal: Extract 800,000 individual players on any difficulty, with each live member counting toward the goal.
Squad Goal Success: All squad members awarded a Commendation Pack.
Allied Goal Success: All players awarded a Victory Pack that includes a new Earth character.
Special Circumstance: Extraction time lengthened due to failure of Operation BROADSIDE.
Requirement: Mass Effect: Earth must be installed to earn these rewards.

So, what happens if you have all the Earth DLC characters and customization options? I have all and I'm getting close to maxing out all options for each one.
Fight for the Lost

#6832 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Next Gen Calibrations

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:03 AM

Chris Priestley tweeted that if you have all of the Earth Characters that you'll get a rare card instead. So, at least they thought of that. It seems like they tried to be extra specific about the details this time, which is nice.

mass_effect_n7_training_program_custom_lChubbyNinja1319.png

#6833 Pirate331

Pirate331

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:25 AM

Got matched with a random lobby for my first platinum experience earlier. Firebase Glacier, Geth, 3 level 20 characters, and a 16; everyone was dead within the first 90 seconds. Ouch.
Posted Image
Earn money by filling out mindless surveys!
http://www.cashcrate....php?ref=200970

#6834 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:38 AM

Chris Priestley tweeted that if you have all of the Earth Characters that you'll get a rare card instead. So, at least they thought of that. It seems like they tried to be extra specific about the details this time, which is nice.

Thanks for the info; it's good to know.

And while it's nice that they'll try to "do better next time", it's kind of sad they won't own up to their mistake from last time. Clarification wasn't received until halfway through the Operation, possibly resulting in a lot of frustrated MP people.
Fight for the Lost

#6835 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:14 PM

I talked to support a few days ago and they said oh yeah you should have gotten a Commendation Pack, you can wait for the next weekend challenge as today it's expired (or something like that). Wooot, another Operation! I'm gonna get two CPs this time. ^^
AND my vote for Shepard would be Karl Urban but than again I'm looking forward to Dredd 3D and I thought he was a good soldier in Doom.
Posted Image
I mean come on, Mass Effect weapon action shot.
Spoiler

I had also thought Jessica Steen, Armageddon notoriety (badass astronaut vibe), for femShep but like you mentioned they're going with a male actor.
Posted Image

Also I don't understand how, as this is the main quality of the series, a movie could show branching storylines with Paragon/Renegade decisions. Yeah in that sense I agree hope it stalls out, hoping it's completely as awesome as it sounds under my breath.

Edited by Spybreak8, 26 July 2012 - 06:24 PM.

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.

Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D  Watch Dogs, Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#6836 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:28 PM

The LawGiver does look like the N7 Hurricane, doesn't it?
Fight for the Lost

#6837 Tha Xecutioner

Tha Xecutioner

Faith: Restored

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:34 PM

There's literally nothing in this galaxy that could contain my excitement for this movie project to actually happen.
Spoiler

0sm4.png

#6838 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:49 PM

There's literally nothing in this galaxy that could contain my excitement for this movie project to actually happen.

Spoiler

MASS EFFECT

Starring Jessica Chobot as Commander Jane Shepard

Rated PG for animal-related comic hijinks

#6839 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:52 PM

MASS EFFECT

Starring Jessica Chobot as Commander Jane Shepard

Rated PG for animal-related comic hijinks

God no, she was bad enough as that idiot reporter. Almost made me do some renegade shit on my paragon Shep just to get her ass off my boat.
Posted Image

#6840 Action!

Action!

Animatah.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:37 AM

Spoiler

Way me to make me stop in my tracks and go watch every ME3 Gamer Poop, damn whore.

I draw sometimes.

Trade List