Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
9647 replies to this topic

#7351 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:19 PM

Looks like it just became Operation: Solo then.

you can probably do this faster in Operation: Normal. If someone's using consumables at this point in the game on normal...esp when the individual goal is in mind, they might need to find a new game.

#7352 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:12 PM

Lol the only way I see this, securing the individual goal, is by doing this with a few CAG group.
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#7353 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:43 AM

Man, I tell ya. Jumping into MP after a while tonight....it was still a lot of fun. I didn't see any of the CAG crew on, but the 2o2p crew was on in force (as usual). I find myself losing interest in this game lately (still best game ever IMO) but when I do play, it's like putting on that favorite fleece and it fits like a glove. If they would just do something to spice up MP, that'd be great.

Any rumors as to what's next for DLC?? SP or MP? We expect Omega to hit at some point, but I'd like to know what else they have cookin for MP.
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#7354 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:56 PM

Man, I tell ya. Jumping into MP after a while tonight....it was still a lot of fun. I didn't see any of the CAG crew on, but the 2o2p crew was on in force (as usual). I find myself losing interest in this game lately (still best game ever IMO) but when I do play, it's like putting on that favorite fleece and it fits like a glove. If they would just do something to spice up MP, that'd be great.

Any rumors as to what's next for DLC?? SP or MP? We expect Omega to hit at some point, but I'd like to know what else they have cookin for MP.

I'm sure any DLC that comes out for the next few months will probably be more MP maps + items.

SP DLC isn't probably going to hit until the end of the year or later, judging on how long it took Leviathan to show up. All the work on EC probably delayed Leviathan a bit, though they did pump out the ME2 DLC about every 4-5 months or so.

#7355 Pirate331

Pirate331

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:25 AM

If anyone needs a competent person to run this weekend's operation with, HMU. I'm online now, in fact.
Posted Image
Earn money by filling out mindless surveys!
http://www.cashcrate....php?ref=200970

#7356 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:06 AM

I have to agree. The MP is starting to feel stale to me. Even adding new characters and maps don't do much for me. I think a new enemy is needed along with some other play style. I'm really surprised the MP still has the number of the players it has.
Posted Image

#7357 Freemason

Freemason

I'd Hit That...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:19 AM

i just got back in town from a business trip, am sick as holy hell, and gotta cover the next 2 days at work.. gonna try to aid the cause a bit but i reaaaallllly wanna die right now.

Currently Playing:

:pc: Payday 2 , Diablo 3, Star Wars: The Old Republic

fs_overall.png

#7358 Freemason

Freemason

I'd Hit That...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:20 AM

and yeah.. i see dudes in randoms lately burning missles on wave 1 in bronze... i can see this being a group afair or ill have to Krogaurd bronzes by myself.

Currently Playing:

fs_overall.png

#7359 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:28 AM

and yeah.. i see dudes in randoms lately burning missles on wave 1 in bronze... i can see this being a group afair or ill have to Krogaurd bronzes by myself.

Yeah, this is one of the more complicated operations when you take into account that there is no f'ing way you can rely on randoms to get the squad goal. Get in with a fellow CAG or two or, like you said, solo on bronze.

Hope you feel better, man. I was sick for 4 days last weekend, but not on deaths door.
Chubbyninja1319.png

#7360 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:26 PM

Official trailer for ME: Paragon Lost, which is the James Vega prequel anime bit:

Teaser trailer, as well:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Uc9etZ5DyzM

Supposed to release on 12/28/12 on BD and DVD.

Edited by shrike4242, 11 September 2012 - 05:45 PM.

#7361 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:56 PM

I tell ya, that anime might not be half bad. I'll eat up any piece of Mass Effect related media they put out, granted. But, I think Vega might end up being an interesting character. I like where they place this in the timeline and how they make sense of the "Forever Normandy" thing. My status on this one went from "very cautiously optimistic" to "hopefully optimistic"
Chubbyninja1319.png

#7362 simosaurus

simosaurus

Wasting time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:55 PM

Well, looks like we failed.

http://blog.bioware....ilance-failure/

I'm not surprised. It was a pretty dull objective so I don't think it really attracted those who had moved on to other games.

Simosaurus.png

#7363 Freemason

Freemason

I'd Hit That...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:40 AM

Well, looks like we failed.

http://blog.bioware....ilance-failure/

I'm not surprised. It was a pretty dull objective so I don't think it really attracted those who had moved on to other games.

and it is hard getting those that do not to be rocket whores or wet their space armor at the first sight of a banshee. Personally, i think it was a great change of pace for an operation, just too much for those that have to rely on randoms.

Currently Playing:

fs_overall.png

#7364 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:37 AM

I have to blame this failure as much on Bioware as Much as i do the community. It was a crap objective that wasn't worded clearly and frankly nearly impossible with randoms. They must revamp their approach to MP at this point. Luckily, I read a couple tweets from the dev team that star they are looking at how they approach the online community and good things are coming. We'll see.....
Chubbyninja1319.png

#7365 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:48 AM

I didn't think we would get it. I didn't even bother trying once I found out no one could use them. This MP needs something more than just new characters, maps and guns from time to time. For me when I play I just don't care enough to play more than a few games like I did when the game first came out. I'm sure others are the same way.
Posted Image

#7366 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:28 PM

I didn't try either, weekend was really busy w/personal things + diabloville 3.

Something the description is too vague or there's too much information to make it clear. Hopefully furture DLC will have maps w/multiple floors, turrets that can be used by both players and enemies, as well as more objectives.

#7367 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:53 PM

Official trailer for ME: Paragon Lost, which is the James Vega prequel anime bit:

Teaser trailer, as well:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Uc9etZ5DyzM

Supposed to release on 12/28/12 on BD and DVD.

WHY WASN'T THIS OUT BEFORE ME3!? Ok ok sorry, had to get that out there.

Vega who? :booty:
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3

#7368 Freemason

Freemason

I'd Hit That...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:40 PM

WANT!

Posted Image

Currently Playing:

fs_overall.png

#7369 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:50 PM

Cleared out all of ME1's achievements for some reason. Trilogy = Complete!

Did anyone run Vanguard in the higher difficulties on ME2? Played that class this time around in 1 and thought about taking it through the trilogy.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 9/2/2014   DragonCon 2014 Cosplay      |      Trade List

I do art commissions. Ask me to draw for you.

The game that I animate for is OUT NOW! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#7370 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:00 PM

Free, I'd buy that in a heartbeat!

Ian, congrats! I still have a few ME1 achievements out there to get, but I do have all for ME2.

#7371 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:05 AM

Yeah I saw that, wow that is quality right there.

#7372 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:48 AM

ME Monopoly? Do want. :drool:

Cleared out all of ME1's achievements for some reason. Trilogy = Complete!

Did anyone run Vanguard in the higher difficulties on ME2? Played that class this time around in 1 and thought about taking it through the trilogy.

I didn't do a Vanguard on the higher difficulties on ME1. I did Vanguard on Normal and Adept on Hard/Hardcore. I have my Insanity runs left to do, as as you can't re-class for ME3 on NG+, I've been told either Adept or Vanguard are viable options for ME3 Insanity. ME2 and ME1, Solder seems like the best option for NG+ with a class re-spec.

#7373 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:48 AM

I didn't do a Vanguard on the higher difficulties on ME1. I did Vanguard on Normal and Adept on Hard/Hardcore. I have my Insanity runs left to do, as as you can't re-class for ME3 on NG+, I've been told either Adept or Vanguard are viable options for ME3 Insanity. ME2 and ME1, Solder seems like the best option for NG+ with a class re-spec.

ME3 Insanity with the vanguard wasnt too bad at all. Level 60 Shep with shockwave was pretty kickass.
Chubbyninja1319.png

#7374 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:36 PM

ME1 - Immunity > All other powers
Fight for the Lost

#7375 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:46 PM

I hear that they sneaked in a screenshot of new DLC at the Montreal comic con. NEED TO SEE THIS. LIKE NOW!
Chubbyninja1319.png

#7376 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:09 PM

I hear that they sneaked in a screenshot of new DLC at the Montreal comic con. NEED TO SEE THIS. LIKE NOW!

Link in spoiler tags.

#7377 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:20 PM

Cool, thanks for the link! Here's a direct link to the picture:

Spoiler

It's pretty small, so it's hard to make anything out. Someone on BSN said it looked like there was a Quarian standing in the background, so who knows. Maybe it's not
Spoiler
after all?
Chubbyninja1319.png

#7378 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:02 PM

BSN has been speculating that is
Spoiler

#7379 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:03 PM

BSN has been speculating that is

Spoiler

Yeah, I agree with you. I read someone speculating that it was
Spoiler
One can never have too much ME single player DLC. ;)
Chubbyninja1319.png

#7380 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:57 PM

Yeah, I agree with you. I read someone speculating that it was

Spoiler
One can never have too much ME single player DLC. ;)

As long as this one has quality. While I didnt buy Leviathan I Youtubed quite a bit and was not impressed with it overall.