Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
9645 replies to this topic

#7981 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:57 PM

With an increase of homemade cookies, crayon-colored cards, and cartons of Eggnog making their way into the office, it means that the holidays are almost here! It’s been a fantastic year, and there is much rejoicing to partake in, but for now, we’re tired. The time has come to cash in our paid time off and break for a winter vacation.

So, beginning December 21st the BioWare offices will be closed for the holidays. Multiplayer fans, please be aware that there will be no N7 Bounty Weekends for the weekends of December 28th or January 4th. Now before you go replacing the candy in our stockings with coal, we’ve prepared a little something for you as our way of wishing you a happy holiday season!

3 Kits Unlocked (Drell Assassin, Batarian Slasher, and Volus Protector)
All Hazard Maps Available
Two new card packs to help fill out your collections
Thank you for all of your amazing support this year, and especially for playing. We’ll see you in 2013!

I thought them card packs were new. I wonder what the chances of an ultra rare are in them.
Posted Image

#7982 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:28 PM

I've had about 50% drop rate of ultra rares in the new packs, from what I've been seeing around the internet most are having very good luck from them as well.

Look, there's no easy way to ask this so I'm just gonna do it...

Does anyone want to be gay lovers with me in Fable 3?

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#7983 simosaurus

simosaurus

Wasting time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:13 AM

Okay, I was playing with Chubbyninja tonight and we both unlocked the Volus Protector at the same time. I was looking forward to this character, although I admit I thought he was pretty much a joke. So I was pretty surprised at how well that little ball of biotic fury was able to hold his own on Silver/London/Reapers. Not a bad character at all. FEAR ME!

Simosaurus.png

#7984 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:09 AM

Yeah, that was a lot of fun playing with the Twin Biotic Balls of Death (decked out in red and green for Christmas, to boot!)! I was having so much fun throwing the orbs, followed by a biotic charge, that I nearly forgot about his shield boost. I think I only went down a couple times, which for the first time using a character and one that's not all that rugged.....and with another Volus running around. Not too bad, if I don't say so myself.

This was the one MP character I was looking forward to ever since they announced MP. He did not disappoint. I smelled his greatness!
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#7985 xtreme_Zr2

xtreme_Zr2

Mr. Sonny Crockett

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:31 AM

Completed the challenge late last night and saved all my credits for the new 2 x rare character prone pack. Well I got two rares, but they were rare gear cards. BOO! I still don't have a Krogan!

Only rare character I have so far is the Vocha Soldier. I haven't used him yet as he doesn't seem durable.

#7986 SlimJim0725

SlimJim0725

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:19 AM

Completed the challenge late last night and saved all my credits for the new 2 x rare character prone pack. Well I got two rares, but they were rare gear cards. BOO! I still don't have a Krogan!

Only rare character I have so far is the Vocha Soldier. I haven't used him yet as he doesn't seem durable.

He has health regeneration with Bloodlust, can't get much more durable than having your health come back by itself. The more kills you get the quicker your health regenerates, he is a great character.

#7987 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:55 PM

I got a reserve pack (more likely for character unlocks) and got only a human soldier + 2 gold gear unlocks. That ticked me off, too.

Then a few days later I unlocked a couple of good characters, including that Volus Protector. Don't give up on those packs yet.
Chubbyninja1319.png

#7988 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:27 AM

Well, my copy of Paragon Lost arrived today. Spybreaker already posted his thoughts on the film itself, and I haven't watched it yet. But, the package itself is nicely done. It has a foil sleeve, double-sided insert with cool art on the inside, a code for a mp DLC pack (let's hope this one works), a "Forever Normandy" sticker and then the DVD disc and BR disc.

It's ME merch telling a tale of a major character who I believe could very well be a lead in future iterations of the series. They had me at ME merch. =P~
Chubbyninja1319.png

#7989 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:58 AM

Lol you Mass Effect Merchendise whore you, hey go out and get some Mass Effect stamps. ;)

Let's ring in the New Year and celebrate where Mass Effect has taken us. Warning, full series below, start to finish from Mass Effect 1 to 3 with DLC.

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#7990 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:28 PM

Great video. I just wish the person's computer could've been able to better handle some of the cutscenes.

At least he got smart with Mass Effect 3 and decided to record video from the Xbox 360.
Fight for the Lost

#7991 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:37 PM

I like how there is no shown scenes from the "catalyst" nor the tell me more about the Shepard crap end. Really ending the game and then just bringing you back to the CIC on the Normandy was a wtf moment (bring us back to the menu at least).
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3

#7992 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

Clearly, it wasn't considered worthy of being called an "epic" moment :lol:

And yea, get rid of that stuff. Someone was partying too hard toward the end and got sloppy.
Fight for the Lost

#7993 dragoon99

dragoon99

Objection!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:49 AM

Does Mass Effect DLC ever go on sale? Or the point cards?

I'm trying to decide what DLC I should get because I'm at the point in ME2 where I have to buy it or just move on and beat the game and move onto ME3.

#7994 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

I've seen it on sale a couple times. Just buy them honestly.

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#7995 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:36 PM

ME2 DLC goes on sale all the time, ME3 stuff not as much.

#7996 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

Has From Ashes ever been on sale? If it has it's only been once. I know Leviathan was only a one-day Black Friday sale.

#7997 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

It's all worth full price. Even Omega at $15.
Chubbyninja1319.png

#7998 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:03 AM

ME2 DLC goes on sale all the time, ME3 stuff not as much.

I've only seen me2 dlc on sale like twice.

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#7999 Lord_Kefka

Lord_Kefka

Son of a Submariner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:58 AM

Sigh, this thread is so dead. I only return after finishing AC3 so of course the comparisons begin. No spoilers. I did like the AC3 ending miles better than the ME3 ending. Sadly, story-telling weaknesses and TONS of glitches hurt the experience overall. Which is sad, since it had so much promise and I ended up really liking Connor's story.

So here I am, reflecting on this ending again. And it is hopelessly dead. Even the nice additions from Leviathan gave some nice discussion points, but nothing that really cemented an ending for me. I actually sat and discussed this with a friend for an hour or two, and there is no true ending for my Paragon Shepard. I guess the discussion is what they intended with the ending, but for me it's only longing. Longing for the closure I will not get. Le sigh.

Lord Kefka... you're insatiable.

My Tradelist

#8000 ArmyOfFun

ArmyOfFun

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

Longing for the closure I will not get. Le sigh.

If they continue the Mass Effect universe past the events of the first trilogy (instead of some sort of prequel), it seems that they'll have to definitively provide some closure. I can't imagine any follow-up the retains the current ambiguity.

Spoiler

Shout out to Phokis's post earlier in the thread for getting me thinking.

#8001 Lord_Kefka

Lord_Kefka

Son of a Submariner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

If they continue the Mass Effect universe past the events of the first trilogy (instead of some sort of prequel), it seems that they'll have to definitively provide some closure. I can't imagine any follow-up the retains the current ambiguity.

Spoiler

Shout out to Phokis's post earlier in the thread for getting me thinking.

Of course, now we go completely into spoiler territory....so for those curious, this will cover the endings yet again.

Spoiler

My Tradelist

#8002 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:26 AM

It's funny because I recently re-watched the Lord of the Rings trilogy, thinking how similar it was to Mass Effect. You know, with Sauron/Ring-Wraiths being like the Reapers/Saren and Illusive Man.

And I kept wishing my Shepard would just throw the damn Ring in the molten lava and be done with it. But nooooo... We have to get this nonsense about "organics suck, so you can't just kill the damn Reapers because that kind of ending wouldn't have weight. So you must sacrifice. Ha ha ha..." (it was June when the EC released, which was 6 months ago, so I'm not concerned with spoilers anymore).

Also, I don't believe the theory that the ME writers botched the ending. I believe the theory that the writers had written something pretty good, but someone at BioWare didn't like it (for some stupid and idiotic, George Lucas-y reason probably) and changed it himself. Thus, the PoS ending we have now.

One more thing, the overwhelming opinion of ME fans is to continue with the same universe, after the events of ME3. It was the choice that won in the poll. So, unless BioWare intends to say "Fuckyou!" to the fans once again, I'd think they're going with post-ME3.
Fight for the Lost

#8003 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:29 AM

Spoiler

Edited by The Crotch, 07 January 2013 - 03:41 AM.

Posted Image

#8004 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:26 AM

Well.....that's was just off-putting. Gross, Crotch. Either a mod deleted that pic or something, but I'm glad its gone.

Anyway....back to the present, I finally finished watching Paragon Lost. I liked it. I have to take it as 3/4 canon and a solid backstory for Vega that is presented as an 'over the top' representation of actual events, if you know what I mean. Sure, some of it was a little bit of a repeat of what Shepard did in ME2. But, when I look at it as Vega's story and a meaningful story that sets up ME3, I really liked it. It was emotional and it was constructed A LOT like an ME game with the lead character having to face an extremely difficult, no-win, decision.

Good stuff and definitely better than Dragon Age: Dawn of the Seeker. If nothing else, it has a clear chronological place in the ME timeline and gives significant back story to a major character. They worked a lot of the weapons into the flick too. Very cool. I'd give it at least a B+.
Chubbyninja1319.png

#8005 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:45 AM

It's spoiler tagged, but... yeah, no, still there. And still relevant.

Posted Image

#8006 Phokal

Phokal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

Of course, now we go completely into spoiler territory....so for those curious, this will cover the endings yet again.

Spoiler

Well, I feel a little special now. I wasn't sure if anyone actually followed the links and listened to my podcast. However, the ending has an even neater bow tied than you think:

Spoilers:

Spoiler

#8007 Lord_Kefka

Lord_Kefka

Son of a Submariner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:31 PM

Well, I feel a little special now. I wasn't sure if anyone actually followed the links and listened to my podcast. However, the ending has an even neater bow tied than you think:

Spoilers:

Spoiler

You continue to hold the line I see. Go back 200 pages of posts, as
Spoiler
is heavily discussed for weeks and months leading up to the extended cut ending.

I've given up on that. The
Spoiler
ending did that for me.

Spoiler

Ugh, I wrote much more than I wanted and at work to boot. We will continue this discussion in the future good sir.

My Tradelist

#8008 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

The electrifying confusion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

It is what it is, but... I'm still not sure why people find it so impossible to believe that the writers simply screwed up. They tried to do something bold and a little avant garde, and just misjudged whether fans would like it. It happens all the time, to writers, musicians, filmmakers-- even to talented people with good track records.

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#8009 Phokal

Phokal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

It is what it is, but... I'm still not sure why people find it so impossible to believe that the writers simply screwed up. They tried to do something bold and a little avant garde, and just misjudged whether fans would like it. It happens all the time, to writers, musicians, filmmakers-- even to talented people with good track records.

Certainly, even as a large possibility. But I'd lean to the other explanations as more probable. It's not that either explanation is impossible or even unlikely, it's just a matter of which you'd bet on.

But speaking of track records, Spoiler of general bioware trend of their past game endings and of ME3 ending:

Spoiler

#8010 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

People still complain about the ending?

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ