Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
9551 replies to this topic

#8671 Lord_Kefka

Lord_Kefka

Son of a Submariner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:47 PM

I was watching "Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes" on Netflix the other night. Jennifer Hale pretty much does her Cmd. Shepard voice for Ms. Marvel. Which was only more highlighted in a scene where Captain America is standing right beside her and says "we hold the line".

Lord Kefka... you're insatiable.

My Tradelist

#8672 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:22 PM

Ha, nice.

Social Media Coordinator talks about being a fan of Mass Effect.

I'll be honest, it wasn't until 3 or 4 years afterwards before I ahh, didn't agree with Wrex! NOOO I'm sorry bro, what have I done... but ya gotta do it - that's the coolest thing about the series, all the different outcomes based on decisions prior.

Edited by Spybreak8, 21 March 2013 - 08:31 PM.

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#8673 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:15 PM

It's funny that they got so many "execute him!" responses. Especially considering that after ME1 came out, people voted Wrex as their favorite character for that year.
Fight for the Lost

#8674 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:36 PM

I've been reading the 'talks' from the Bioware team this past week and that one is one of the better ones. If not simply for his Faunts shout-out at the end.

Did you guys see the Normandy/N7 medallion that Casey Hudson gave everyone on the team? What I'd do for one of those........unspeakable things......
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#8675 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:58 AM

As a staunch supporter of the original ME3 ending (I am one of few), I don't usually partake in end-game theory discussion, but this one has an interesting take on it that takes into account the Citadel DLC. It's an interesting read and probably the last we'll get at this depth at this point.

http://kotaku.com/59...ffect-3s-ending
Chubbyninja1319.png

#8676 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:01 AM

As a staunch supporter of the original ME3 ending (I am one of few), I don't usually partake in end-game theory discussion, but this one has an interesting take on it that takes into account the Citadel DLC. It's an interesting read and probably the last we'll get at this depth at this point.

http://kotaku.com/59...ffect-3s-ending

Spoiler

#8677 ArmyOfFun

ArmyOfFun

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:35 PM

Yeah, I got a little ways into that article and had the exact same reaction: this is the same in the base game.

#8678 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:54 AM

social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/343/index/16356613/2#16357624

Hey guys - so yes the servers and challenge systems will keep running as long as we can keep them up but there will no longer be any organized weekend events.

Perfect timing, my son was born late Monday night so my gaming isn't on my list of things to do right now

Look, there's no easy way to ask this so I'm just gonna do it...

Does anyone want to be gay lovers with me in Fable 3?

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#8679 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:01 AM

Congrats Worm! Hope all is well. We'll see you online soon enough. ;)
Chubbyninja1319.png

#8680 Arikado

Arikado

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:11 PM

Mass Effect retrospective that was shown off at the last staff meeting, now made public for PAX:

Posted Image

#8681 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:26 PM

social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/343/index/16356613/2#16357624

Hey guys - so yes the servers and challenge systems will keep running as long as we can keep them up but there will no longer be any organized weekend events.

Perfect timing, my son was born late Monday night so my gaming isn't on my list of things to do right now

Congratulations, soldier.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 6/28/14   Child of Light       |      Trade List

Hey, I'm selling prints now. http://society6.com/...nKazimer/prints

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#8682 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:30 PM

Thanks for posting that, Arikado! I asked Robyn Thebarge, who put that together, if they'd show it to the public and she said they were thinking about it. Glad they did.
Chubbyninja1319.png

#8683 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:02 PM

http://twitter.com/masseffect/status/315562410893258752/photo/1

Edited by MSUHitman, 24 March 2013 - 02:14 AM.

#8684 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:20 PM

There's all kinds of interesting little bits coming out of the PAX seminars. Stupid stuff, like how Patrick Weekes lobbied to have Tali as a squad member in ME3 when she originally wasn't supposed to be one.
Chubbyninja1319.png

#8685 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:48 AM

Have you guys seen this? I totally missed it. Had no idea there were class specific interrupts. Suppose this could be the only one for what I know though.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 6/28/14   Child of Light       |      Trade List

Hey, I'm selling prints now. http://society6.com/...nKazimer/prints

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#8686 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:31 AM

There's all kinds of interesting little bits coming out of the PAX seminars. Stupid stuff, like how Patrick Weekes lobbied to have Tali as a squad member in ME3 when she originally wasn't supposed to be one.

Yea Fuck Tali

#8687 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:25 AM

Have you guys seen this? I totally missed it. Had no idea there were class specific interrupts. Suppose this could be the only one for what I know though.

Didn't even look like a class specific interrupt. Pretty neat.
Fight for the Lost

#8688 Arikado

Arikado

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:06 PM

Here's the Mass Effect Retrospective Panel from PAX:

Posted Image

#8689 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:25 PM

Ha just came here to post this, +1.
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3

#8690 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:24 AM

I dont know why but I;m always surprised when I read these stat panels they show at PAX...

#8691 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:45 AM

so it's official no more balance changes, the mp will be untouched till they shut down servers

makes me :(

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#8692 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:40 AM

I can't believe they actually were going to keep elevators as "gameplay" for ME3 and only didn't put them in because they ran out of time. Seriously, I thought they learned their lesson from ME1. The guy in charge of that said he wanted to make the elevators faster, worked and worked on the system and they were just as slow as the ME1 ones. lol I also liked how Casey Hudson, when asked what's your favorite location, totally talked about characters and the stories you can create in Mass Effect. Wow, soooo is he a politician, lol.

#8693 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:51 AM

I'm not sure how I felt about the elevators. Sure, I hated them in ME1, but then they went to generic loading screens. Break the immersion or keep it and have a long ride up?

It's a tough call, honestly. I wouldn't have minded the elevator rides if they had WAY more banter though. Or side quests. Or random bits of information. Really, anything to keep it from being a silent ride for a full minute. Hell, give me stock updates from the Mass Effect Stock Exchange! The Illium and Poor 500! Something.
Fight for the Lost

#8694 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:08 AM

This made my day.

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#8695 simosaurus

simosaurus

Wasting time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:44 PM

This made my day.

You can't handle the Tech Armor! That's was actually pretty interesting. New theme night idea? Nothing but tech armor and powers could be interesting.

Simosaurus.png

#8696 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:34 PM

You can't handle the Tech Armor! That's was actually pretty interesting. New theme night idea? Nothing but tech armor and powers could be interesting.

this?

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#8697 Freemason

Freemason

I'd Hit That...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:16 PM

Any of you ME3 folks looking to get in on Defiance?

thinking i may be down for this, had fun with Rift on PC from Trion and like their mechanics. looking for something to play besides just ME3 and the normal stuff... may give this a go and hook up with the CAG crew.

Currently Playing:

:pc: Payday 2 , Saints Row 4, Steam Games

fs_overall.png

#8698 Freemason

Freemason

I'd Hit That...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:23 PM

this?

I am actually learning to LOVE tech armor. I have been going back and trying a lot of non popular characters and getting power cycles down with them. was mopping up reapers hard with Krogan Soldier power build with grenade + V. I started a tech armor Krogan Sentinel Melee build too that is quite fun. I am up for tech armor night.

Currently Playing:

:pc: Payday 2 , Saints Row 4, Steam Games

fs_overall.png

#8699 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Archaic kinds of fun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:29 PM

Maybe others have seen this already, but the New Yorker did a profile of Jennifer Hale in 2011 that has a lot of interesting info on Mass Effect and voice acting in general. I somehow hadn't read it until today.

One amusing anecdote, during a VO session for Mass Effect 3, Jennifer Hale had to be reminded of whether Shepard had heard of Cerberus before. :lol: It's weird, in one sense Hale has a more intimate relationship to Shepard and the Mass Effect story than almost any other person; but at the same time, she hasn't played the games and the role is just one of hundreds of characters that she performs every day.

http://archives.newy...08-15#folio=048

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#8700 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:53 PM

Mass effect genesis 2 is out for 320 points. Lets you do decisions for me1 and 2.

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ