Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
9303 replies to this topic

#91 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2010 - 05:16 AM

I've been hunting down the LE Of ME1. I actually bought it once for $40, then sold it on ebay (doh!). It can be had for around $60 on ebay now. I just don't want to spend that much (true CAG).

I also sold the Dragon Age CE, which I'm now regretting.

Yeah I remember paying about 75 to 80 bucks for the LE of ME1 with release day shipping from Amazon (I live out in the country). I don't say this very often but I totally got my money's worth. :lol:

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.

Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D  Watch Dogs, Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#92 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:48 AM

What I would like to see happen in ME3 at least once, is a group of mercenaries turn tail and run when they realize it's Shepard. I mean, what must these guys be thinking-- "Sure, Shepard may have killed thousands of people just like me, along with a bunch of geth, a Reaper, and a Thresher Maw, but maybe I, Shadow Broker Engineer #8, will be the one to finally pwn him!"

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#93 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Next Gen Calibrations

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2011 - 01:53 AM

What I would like to see happen in ME3 at least once, is a group of mercenaries turn tail and run when they realize it's Shepard. I mean, what must these guys be thinking-- "Sure, Shepard may have killed thousands of people just like me, along with a bunch of geth, a Reaper, and a Thresher Maw, but maybe I, Shadow Broker Engineer #8, will be the one to finally pwn him!"

The guys at Bioware have a great sense of humor. This would be awesome to see. Just once.

mass_effect_n7_training_program_custom_lChubbyNinja1319.png

~<{   Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition  }>~

#94 guyver2077

guyver2077

CAG Original

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2011 - 02:26 AM

cant freaking wait for this one

1080i is for douchebags

#95 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 05 January 2011 - 03:42 AM

Lots of paragons here.

I'm a renegade that looks like a white Montel Williams 8-)

seanr1221.png

#96 coolsteel

coolsteel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2011 - 07:25 AM

:lol: Would love to see that happen, just seeing Shepard at this point should be like seeing Godzilla walking down the street.

#97 Nathan_Sama

Nathan_Sama

I'm backwards compatable.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2011 - 08:29 AM

I hope you can use the genophage data to have millions of krogan destroy those reapers lol

#98 Tony208

Tony208

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2011 - 09:27 AM

that scene of Shepard looking down on Earth is truly epic
Digital distribution comes with strings.

#99 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2011 - 06:14 PM

NeoGAF poster claiming to be an EA PR person says some stuff about Mass Effect 3

Purportedly based on demo reels making the rounds at EA. No earth-shattering revelations, but he does make some interesting claims:

- Squadmates from ME1/2 will return (but he backpedals when pressed for details)
- The game is currently in a playable state from start to finish
- Gameplay footage would "drop jaws," and he mentions seeing the Reapers rendered in-engine

#100 Tha Xecutioner

Tha Xecutioner

"An Inquisition" You Say?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2011 - 07:18 PM

NeoGAF poster claiming to be an EA PR person says some stuff about Mass Effect 3

Purportedly based on demo reels making the rounds at EA. No earth-shattering revelations, but he does make some interesting claims:

- Squadmates from ME1/2 will return (but he backpedals when pressed for details)
- The game is currently in a playable state from start to finish
- Gameplay footage would "drop jaws," and he mentions seeing the Reapers rendered in-engine

Legitimate or not, seeing that guy's posts reinforces two things for me:

1. This is going to be the longest year of my life.

2. It's almost time for me to unsubscribe to this thread, find that underground bunker I've been looking for, and lock myself in (with my PC and 360, and copies of ME1 and ME2) until ME3's release date.

8-)

#101 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2011 - 07:54 PM

It wouldn't be too surprising if the game was already fully playable. If it's true that they are reusing the ME2 engine with only minimal alterations, and if the story was already mapped out, and basic content creation started relatively soon after ME2's release...

(Does anyone know whether the whole trilogy's story was planned out in advance? Or are they making it up as they go along?)

#102 Arikado

Arikado

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:11 PM

Ugh... dammit. I told myself I wasn't going to look at stuff like this, but I almost instantly clicked the link. This yearlong wait is going to be even tougher than I thought.

(Does anyone know whether the whole trilogy's story was planned out in advance? Or are they making it up as they go along?)

I would assume with as an ambitious of a story that Mass Effect has, the basic framework for the plot has been laid out since the beginning. I'm sure there have been changes and retcons throughout the course of development, but you don't really plan a trilogy without knowing what's going to happen.
Posted Image

#103 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:20 PM

you don't really plan a trilogy without knowing what's going to happen.

Unless your name is George Lucas. :lol:

#104 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:50 PM

I'd say the old adage about knowing the destination but not knowing where the road will take you is apt here.

#105 Lord_Kefka

Lord_Kefka

Son of a Submariner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:02 PM

2. It's almost time for me to unsubscribe to this thread, find that underground bunker I've been looking for, and lock myself in (with my PC and 360, and copies of ME1 and ME2) until ME3's release date.

8-)

Boooooo. Someone has to update the OP with the first trailers, concept art and details when they tease them. Forget about the year until release, I'm getting impatient waiting for more details to be released.

Don't make me start taunting you with completely made up rumors. Did you know Shepard is really a Reaper?

Lord Kefka... you're insatiable.

My Tradelist

#106 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:47 PM

8-)

Coward. Face your destiny with reading everything there is about ME3 as it comes out. ;)

It wouldn't be too surprising if the game was already fully playable. If it's true that they are reusing the ME2 engine with only minimal alterations, and if the story was already mapped out, and basic content creation started relatively soon after ME2's release...

I'm sure they made enough enhancements to the ME2 engine going into ME3 to make it visually different, though I doubt they could completely recreate the engine from scratch in the timeframe between ME2 going GM and ME3 going GM, plus make the game.

Ugh... dammit. I told myself I wasn't going to look at stuff like this, but I almost instantly clicked the link. This yearlong wait is going to be even tougher than I thought.

I would assume with as an ambitious of a story that Mass Effect has, the basic framework for the plot has been laid out since the beginning. I'm sure there have been changes and retcons throughout the course of development, but you don't really plan a trilogy without knowing what's going to happen.

Anytime Bioware plans out something to be multi-game, I'm sure they have the whole story arc as a high-level outline in mind before working on the first game in the trilogy. I'm sure they've been adding and adjusting things as they've been available from other sources (ME novels, ME comics, etc.), without making major retcons along the way.

Then again, anything's possible.

Boooooo. Someone has to update the OP with the first trailers, concept art and details when they tease them. Forget about the year until release, I'm getting impatient waiting for more details to be released.

Don't make me start taunting you with completely made up rumors. Did you know Shepard is really a Reaper?

Do your worst. I'm sure he's digging his bunker hole as we speak with earplugs in his ears.

#107 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2011 - 04:44 PM

In other news, the pre-order SKUs are up on Amazon:

360: http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B004FYEZMQ/
PS3: http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B004FYJFNA/
PC: http://www.amazon.co...c/dp/B004FYKWZU

No sign of a CE yet, and the PC version is $59.99 to match the console versions.

#108 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 07 January 2011 - 06:23 PM

In other news, the pre-order SKUs are up on Amazon:

360: http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B004FYEZMQ/
PS3: http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B004FYJFNA/
PC: http://www.amazon.co...c/dp/B004FYKWZU

No sign of a CE yet, and the PC version is $59.99 to match the console versions.

It was up for pre-order day of announcement. I'm holding off the CE announcement though.

#109 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:36 PM

It was up for pre-order day of announcement. I'm holding off the CE announcement though.

They went up and I couldn't find them afterwards, so I was surprised to see them again.

I'm also in the "waiting for a CE" announcement, since I need to have the third CE in the set.

#110 Tha Xecutioner

Tha Xecutioner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:09 PM

That's why I made the disclaimer :D

I'm too selfish to let anyone else make the ME3 thread, but it will get updated with like an E3 trailer and information about the versions of the game coming out and release date. The moment that some serious ME3 information gets leaked or announced, a huge flare is going to go off in the sky that will let me know it's time to go underground.

You could also get Shrike to edit my OP if there's a consensus reached in here that certain things should be posted (as long as he keeps the OP looking pretty).

I should go.

Coward. Face your destiny with reading everything there is about ME3 as it comes out. ;)

I like to think of it as an act of strength, not a lack of fortitude. Cowardice is me seeing "EA rep gives details of ME3" and clicking the link and looking through it before I can even process the words in my brain because I'm a fucking Husk when it comes to new ME information :lol:.

Do your worst. I'm sure he's digging his bunker hole as we speak with earplugs in his ears.

I had to start digging when that beautiful teaser trailer was shown off at the VGAs. No time to waste, man, the Reapers are coming.

I'm also in the "waiting for a CE" announcement, since I need to have the third CE in the set.

I'm at the front of that line with $150 or more ready to be put in the hands of the nearest clerk that can hand me the Mass Effect 3 CE with included bonus DVD, artbook, metal case, N7 patch, replica Garrus Vakarian Kuwashii Targeting Visor, and model Normandy.

8-)

#111 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2011 - 09:34 PM

Yup same here.

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.

Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D  Watch Dogs, Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#112 integralsmatic

integralsmatic

Everyday should be Harvey Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2011 - 09:47 PM

I just finished about every single mission except for the suicide mission and teh Cerberus Network DLC(which will get soon).

I loved 1 but i didnt know how much better 2 could be and i am finding it a lot better. I regret not starting this earlier than i should have but it looks like i will have to wait a whole year for it. I hope the DLC of bridging ME II and ME III gets some nice added hours of playtime.

toss me in to the CE people too.
Posted Image
Signature by Banshee350
Avatar(or Bust shot) done by Jeffery "CHAMBA" Cruz
R.I.P Nujabes aka Jun Seba (1974-2010) Another great musical mind ripped from our hands.
R.I.P Pat Carlucci- Rest easy my friend. You're with all of us in our hearts.

#113 Amblix

Amblix

Posted 11 January 2011 - 12:16 AM

I hope they do another steel book like 1 and 2 for the CE.

I have the first one ocmplete, lost the contents for the 2nd which I'm working on getting back.

It'd be a nice set piece for my 360 collection. <3.

#114 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2011 - 03:12 PM

The February 2011 issue of OXM has a two-page article entitled "Mass Effect 3: Our Hopes and Fears". Pretty nice little article, and I'll transcribe it when I get home from work, since it's worth reading (and posting) and I know it'll make someone's head possibly explode. :lol:

#115 Lord_Kefka

Lord_Kefka

Son of a Submariner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2011 - 03:30 PM

The February 2011 issue of OXM has a two-page article entitled "Mass Effect 3: Our Hopes and Fears". Pretty nice little article, and I'll transcribe it when I get home from work, since it's worth reading (and posting) and I know it'll make someone's head possibly explode. :lol:

Got that issue earlier this week. I think they hit the nail on the head with their Do's and Don'ts. I expect a lot of these horrible teases in the next few months. By that, I mean OXM had a red banner on the top of the cover which read "MASS EFFECT 3!" as if it was teasing news like it had for the new X-Men game. *sigh*

Lord Kefka... you're insatiable.

My Tradelist

#116 Tha Xecutioner

Tha Xecutioner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2011 - 08:28 PM

If all they talk about is adding planetary exploration and fixing the "lack of RPG elements from ME2", then I'm punching someone. Every Mass Effect 3 Wishlist that I have seen has sounded the same, but at least it provides a good basis for discussion 8-)

#117 Amblix

Amblix

Posted 11 January 2011 - 08:50 PM

If all they talk about is adding planetary exploration and fixing the "lack of RPG elements from ME2", then I'm punching someone. Every Mass Effect 3 Wishlist that I have seen has sounded the same, but at least it provides a good basis for discussion 8-)

Yeah I read the IGN one before, I think I'm going to stop though, I won't be let down by Bioware, they should bring on any changes they see fit.

#118 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:00 PM

If all they talk about is adding planetary exploration and fixing the "lack of RPG elements from ME2", then I'm punching someone.

Ain't that the truth.

1. Moar numberz!!!
2. Mako racing minigame
3. Garrus/Thane romance just like this fan ficton that I rote

Actually, to be serious, I would be in favor of some things like squadmate armor customization similar to Shepard's in ME2, or a little more exposure of mechanical elements like the numerical attack and accuracy values of various weapons. I don't want to have to sort through 96 copies of the same ammo upgrade in my inventory, or have my sniper scope bounce around the fucking screen like Shepard has Parkinson's because I failed to put enough points into the right stat.

Edited by Ryuukishi, 11 January 2011 - 11:37 PM.

#119 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:39 PM

I think you'll have things on the list you'll agree with, things on the list you won't agree with, and a couple of things to make your head explode. ;)

#120 Amblix

Amblix

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:54 PM

I think you'll have things on the list you'll agree with, things on the list you won't agree with, and a couple of things to make your head explode. ;)

Was changing the leveling structure/exp rates back to ME 1 style? :D

It's not that I didn't like ME 2s, I jsut got mroe replayability out of ME 1s. :)