GGT 67 wasn't invited to seanr's TWISTED 10 kegger Kinect New Year's Party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='hankmecrankme']So gross.

I'm eating Christmas candy while playing New Vegas. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I'm listening to anime music while talking to my beloved and playing "I'm too scared to play Amnesia."

I was more commenting on the fact that you said 'every' simplified RPG this gen was being eaten up; but FFXIII seems to have close to a 50/50 split of people that enjoyed it across every type of gamer that played it.

it sold a shit ton of copies. i dont really take popular forum opinion to heart (people on forums on are generally older, strongly opinionated, etc..)

i'd wager a lot of other people enjoyed the game beyond myself.

[quote name='panzerfaust']it sold a shit ton of copies. i dont really take popular forum opinion to heart (people on forums on are generally older, strongly opinionated, etc..)

i'd wager a lot of other people enjoyed the game beyond myself.[/QUOTE]

Selling a ton of copies is not the same as having a lot of people that liked the game. I bought the game when it came out but I certainly didn't really like it. I'm sure a bunch of people got FFXIV too, that doesn't make it not a flaming pile of shit.

Playing Mafia II. I almost wish it was a true open world--there's so much shit I want to stir up, but really can't. :(

[quote name='icebeast']Selling a ton of copies is not the same as having a lot of people that liked the game. I bought the game when it came out but I certainly didn't really like it. I'm sure a bunch of people got FFXIV too, that doesn't make it not a flaming pile of shit.[/QUOTE]

That's not really what I was getting at. I just think it's a lot more popular with the casual crowd (the exact same people who don't log onto gaming forums every day to complain about things not being like the 90s). Forum opinions are generally way off from the majority of the people out there purchasing games.

FFXII was hated by every forum on the internet when it came out, it wouldn't make sense for FFXIII to sell the way it did after X-2 (hated by the internet) XI (hated by the internet), and XII (hated by the internet). People have this idea that Square Enix is on the road to destruction, and that the only people buying their games are bitter forum goers who just have to play every FF for no apparent reason. Maybe that's true. You hated the linearity and bought it anyways so maybe it truly is hype of the name alone that's keeping Square alive.

[quote name='panzerfaust']FFXII was hated by every forum on the internet when it came out, it wouldn't make sense for FFXIII to sell the way it did after X-2 (hated by the internet) XI (hated by the internet), and XII (hated by the internet). People have this idea that Square Enix is on the road to destruction, and that the only people buying their games are bitter forum goers who just have to play every FF for no apparent reason. Maybe that's true. You hated the linearity and bought it anyways so maybe it truly is hype of the name alone that's keeping Square alive.[/QUOTE]

I'm not really sure either, I mean obviously I'm only one person but I would imagine that there are other people who have been playing FF games for a long time (since FFIV on the SNES for me) and don't like where the series is going now but are long time fans so they buy the games to see if they like the new one. I'm sure there are old school fans who also like the new direction, I mean there are a lot of different opinions that people could have.

But, when you look at how Square-Enix has handled FFXIV I get this feeling that they are a little out of touch with their fans.

Different teams for different games, it's a big developer. People can fuck up without the others noticing.

I'm pretty sure the two guys in charge of FFXIV were just let go.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Different teams for different games, it's a big developer. People can fuck up without the others noticing.

I'm pretty sure the two guys in charge of FFXIV were just let go.[/QUOTE]

True, but it depends on where the root of the problem lies, if it is in fact in the team; or if it is how the company is being managed in general.

Divinity II's motion capture (and some of the voice) acting is laughably bad, but so far it's kind of fun. I like being able to punch bunnies and chickens for xp. Why can't I punch the pigs??

Just finished my third playthrough of 999. It didn't take very long, around 2 and a half hours maybe. The game just gets crazier and crazier each time, and now I only have to play two more times in order to get the true ending. Although, according to a FAQ I just visited, since I already got all 3 bad endings, as long as I choose the right options I should get a safe ending this next time. There's a bunch of random stuff thrown in here that will hopefully be answered, and maybe even some of my suspicions will be true.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']
Not scared of them in real life? I think if I saw a cougar attacking me I'd piss my pants.
[/QUOTE]

Nope! I actually got attacked by a Tiger that ran away from a Zoo when I was a kid, and that was pretty big so I'm not too scared of big cats. I'm scared of very few animals, the Wolverine being one of them. They're real fuckers.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I'm scared of cougars at the bar. :booty:[/QUOTE] Those are the good kinds!

I think getting TWWWWWWWWWWWWISTED all the time has affected my gaming.

I play Bethedsa games for an hour and never go back to them

[quote name='gunm']Playing Mafia II. I almost wish it was a true open world--there's so much shit I want to stir up, but really can't. :([/QUOTE]
I liked Mafia 2, still need to go back and 1,000 that up. :bomb:

[quote name='corrosivefrost']whats with these lowball quest sigs?

--

no more steam sales make me happy AND sad. :|[/QUOTE]

A few CAGs trying to find a more creative way to plug their tradelist?

/shrugs

I am also happy/sad that the Steam sale is over. I am either glad I showed willpower in not buying NWN2, or angry with myself for not showing better restraint buying everything else. >_

[quote name='BlueScrote']Cheska, what kind of game is 999? Is it just a traditional JRPG with a unique story?[/QUOTE]

Actually it's not a JRPG at all. It's an interactive novel. The gameplay portions are like an adventure game where you are solving puzzles and looking for a way out of the room you are in. But most of the game revolves around the story, so most of your time is just spent reading.

The most similar game I could compare it to is Hotel Dusk.

Oh and the game is unlike most games in that multiple playthroughs are required to really beat it. Most people are going to want to play it through at least 5 times to get all the endings/see all the story, but technically you could get to the true ending in like 3 play-throughs I think. This isn't really too repetitive though because each playthrough will be different depending on the paths you take. You will have entirely new story information and puzzle rooms, and any reading sections you have done before can be quickly skipped through.

[quote name='icebeast']Haha that song is classic, I like this one a lot:

[/QUOTE]
I always enjoyed "Libera me from Hell" and "Happily ever after" more myself. But thats still a good one.

I've been playing some more of Golden Sun:Dark Dawn. And I'm really enjoying my time with it... Might grab another RPG when I finish this one up.

It's a drag how little gold/platinum trophies move my percentage on PSN these days. Just finished BioShock and added like 2 silvers, 2 golds, and a platinum and I think I maybe went up 5-10%. :(

Yes.

As you get high enough in your "level" it takes more and more trophies to move the percentage bar. 22 platinums later and it's crawling as I move through level 14. :(

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Nope! I actually got attacked by a Tiger that ran away from a Zoo when I was a kid, and that was pretty big so I'm not too scared of big cats. I'm scared of very few animals, the Wolverine being one of them. They're real fuckers.[/QUOTE]

n725075089_288918_2774.jpg

Okay, I just verified with my mom, it was a Panther, but still that's a damn big cat. For reals! My sister and I was playing in our yard (we lived back out in the sticks) and it was in a peach tree and growled at us and hopped down and we ran for our lives into the house. It had already been pumped full of tranqs though, so it pretty much just slumped around our yard a bit before going off into the woods.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Okay, I just verified with my mom, it was a Panther, but still that's a damn big cat. For reals! My sister and I was playing in our yard (we lived back out in the sticks) and it was in a peach tree and growled at us and hopped down and we ran for our lives into the house. It had already been pumped full of tranqs though, so it pretty much just slumped around our yard a bit before going off into the woods.[/QUOTE]

As a child I probably would have thought that was awesome. As an adult I probably would have shit my pants.

[quote name='BlueScrote']As a child I probably would have thought that was awesome. As an adult I probably would have shit my pants.[/QUOTE]
I would have thought it was awesome if it wasn't for the fact I'd never seen a cat that big, now I wish we'd gotten a picture of it or something while it was out in the yard, shit would have been great to show to my kids that I'll one day have.

-------
Man, I'm going through my house and realizing I have a LOT of PC games. Here's hoping I find activation keys for most of them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back