GGT 67 wasn't invited to seanr's TWISTED 10 kegger Kinect New Year's Party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='corrosivefrost']So is bulletstorm basically FPS gears?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='gunm']I dunno, seems more like Borderlands to me.[/QUOTE]
Borderlands is what I think it's most like, too. Borderlands+Whip/Leash thingy.

Yeah Bulletstorm looks very arcadey. It kind of reminds me of The Club from the looks of it, if you've ever played that.

Personality wise it seems like Borderlands.

[quote name='ihadFG']Yeah Bulletstorm looks very arcadey. It kind of reminds me of The Club from the looks of it, if you've ever played that.

Personality wise it seems like Borderlands.[/QUOTE]

The fact that it was snapping to cover in some of the clips I've seen made me think of gears but FPS.

So it's RPG elements too? the +50, +30, that's xp, not score?

Looks like it might have some potential after all.

[quote name='ihadFG']Actually it's not a JRPG at all. It's an interactive novel. The gameplay portions are like an adventure game where you are solving puzzles and looking for a way out of the room you are in. But most of the game revolves around the story, so most of your time is just spent reading.

The most similar game I could compare it to is Hotel Dusk.

Oh and the game is unlike most games in that multiple playthroughs are required to really beat it. Most people are going to want to play it through at least 5 times to get all the endings/see all the story, but technically you could get to the true ending in like 3 play-throughs I think. This isn't really too repetitive though because each playthrough will be different depending on the paths you take. You will have entirely new story information and puzzle rooms, and any reading sections you have done before can be quickly skipped through.[/QUOTE]

Perfect description! :D Are you playing through the game yourself?

[quote name='hankmecrankme']lol This looks awesome. Madden needs a story mode now.[/QUOTE]

"It's in the game."

I hope it's Kinect-compatible. Especially the boning the chick part.

[quote name='Cheska19']Perfect description! :D Are you playing through the game yourself?[/QUOTE]

Sounds interesting. Might be worth a look down the line.

I still haven't decided if I want to get a 3DS at launch or wait for a hardware revision. I haven't been big into portable gaming since the GBA (despite having both phat DS and PSPs)

[quote name='Cheska19']Perfect description! :D Are you playing through the game yourself?[/QUOTE]

Yep, I'm working my way towards all the endings. I'm really loving the game and can't wait to finish everything in it.

Yep, I'm working my way towards all the endings. I'm really loving the game and can't wait to finish everything in it.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']The fact that it was snapping to cover in some of the clips I've seen made me think of gears but FPS.

So it's RPG elements too? the +50, +30, that's xp, not score?

Looks like it might have some potential after all.[/QUOTE]

Sort of. The points you earn are used to upgrade your character, unlock weapons, etc. The game is mostly about killing things in the craziest ways possible to earn the most points, and then in turn use that to beef up your character so you can do even crazier stuff. It looks like it's meant to be played a lot like an arcade game, where you go for high scores while playing at a fast pace.

[quote name='distgfx']Gross.[/QUOTE]

800x600_bulletstorm-tgs-5.jpg

You know it's not really the Unreal engine's fault that so many game characters look like beefed up douchebags. Game developers just choose to make their characters look like that. :lol:

With that said, other than the character designs, Bulletstorm looks pretty awesome to me.

Yeah, look at Batmang Arkham Asylum. Jim Gordon looked like he was on the juice, but the Joker didn't. So it's definitely possible to cut back on the beef.

The dialogue contains numerous jokes and comments that reference sexual acts, venereal diseases, and having sex with one's mother (e.g., "Guess I know where the ol' gal got that limp."). The names of some Skillshots are infused with sexual innuendo (e.g., Gag Reflex, Rear Entry, Drilldo, Mile High Club); one Skillshot (i.e., Fire in the Hole) allows players to shoot at enemies' exposed buttocks.

Day 1

[quote name='seanr1221']Day 1[/QUOTE]

The game looks hilarious. :rofl:

Glad it isn't another generic shooter that takes itself too seriously.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Yeah, look at Batmang Arkham Asylum. Jim Gordon looked like he was on the juice, but the Joker didn't. So it's definitely possible to cut back on the beef.[/QUOTE]

Yep. I was just looking through the list of games that use the Unreal 3 engine and there's quite a few that surprised me. I mean Lost Odyssey, Mirror's Edge, and Mass Effect are on that list, and they didn't really have the same look as most Unreal games at all. Even Borderlands is on that list.

Makes me wonder why so many developers are content with making their games look the way they do.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']SNES price in effect.[/QUOTE]

SNES prices were like $70-80 a cart. Shit was ridiculous as a kid.

[quote name='BlueScrote']SNES prices were like $70-80 a cart. Shit was ridiculous as a kid.[/QUOTE]

For some games, yeah. I paid $59.99 for my copy of Super Mario All Stars. :cool:

FF3 was $75 @__@.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Space Marines have to be fuckING HUGE AND RIPPED TO SHIT. It's the law.[/QUOTE]

fuck yeah!

[quote name='seanr1221']The Mario All Stars thread is having a party because the game sells for 60.00 on eBay.[/QUOTE]

fuck yeah!

[quote name='BlueScrote']SNES prices were like $70-80 a cart. Shit was ridiculous as a kid.[/QUOTE]

fuck Yeah!

Bulletstorm looks and sounds stupid.
That tidbit Sean posted means I'm in when it's $10 cuz I still like shooting big things/bosses.

Fish for a snack y'all.
ZRZAO.jpg

Took my son to GS this evening so he could get a Raikou. Got one for myself too. :)

Been playing dat Pokemanz dis evening. Shit is so addicting, it's TWISTED!

I'm glad I got A World of Keflings, as it's a great way to start the year with more addictive Keflings fun. They made some great changes with the followers that bring items to you and will put together the pieces of buildings that you've already built to lessen the monotony of that kind of stuff. The world aspect of the game is just having access to three areas that you can teleport between, which I got the impression that it would be a bit more open world-ish in level design.

Also got back into Just Cause 2 and it's still fun as hell as I'm nearing about 40 hours and 30% complete. I need to do some more stronghold missions so I can get some more spawn points around the map.

[quote name='gunm']Took my son to GS this evening so he could get a Raikou. Got one for myself too. :)

Been playing dat Pokemanz dis evening. Shit is so addicting, it's TWISTED![/QUOTE]

I got four myself. Why do I need that many? I don't. I just decided to get one for each copy of Pokemon I have.

Oh, and Layton and the Diabolical Box is pretty good. I'm glad it finally went on sale at Christmas time.

I also decided to download Valkyria Chronicles II off PSN. Second PSP game I've downloaded.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Nintendo needs to get with the times and have legendary Pokemanz as DLC.[/QUOTE]

WAT???

darth_vader_nooooooo.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back