CAGcast #227: 5 Inches is Fine

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#121 die138

die138

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2011 - 10:21 AM

I also wanna know where I can get that intro song. Its stuck in my head.

#122 Hobotalk

Hobotalk

Posted 06 February 2011 - 12:56 PM

I definitely think the show felt a bit rushed. The 90 min shows just seem more relaxed and allow alot more time for (often funny) musings and meandering.

If the podcast runs it's course at 60min that's fine but don't hit it with a time constraint.

Great show anyway, I'll have to add Dead Space 2 to my list of games to play.

#123 The Dutch Slayer

The Dutch Slayer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2011 - 02:19 PM

Vote for the longer podcast from here.

But we can understand sometimes you have more time in life than other moments that is understandable.

First 10 min should be off topic talk anyway that is what makes the show different and stand out.
Keep up the great work.
Hey how about that EU place he? I hear its kind of big ;)

#124 Kezmer

Kezmer

Disgruntled Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2011 - 03:12 PM

length doesn't matter to me, but there has been a serious lack of poop stories lately..
122445.png

#125 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2011 - 04:06 PM

Hey Cheapy, what ever happend to the iPhone app? I haven't heard you mention it in a long time and the last time you did it sounded like it was nearly finished.

#126 InvaderZim

InvaderZim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2011 - 04:15 PM

Uh Cheapy, is the mystery game Wizard of Wor?

EDIT: Yep, it's gotta be The Incredible Wizard (Wizard of Wor) for the Bally Astrocade, just saw the Youtube video of it.

I remember a neighbor kid having the Astrocade when I was a kid. The controller was a bit wonky but the games were really good... loved WOW.

#127 Z_meista

Z_meista

The Paragon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2011 - 11:55 PM

Longer shows are definitely better. Good show guys. I still need to see the games and actual demos on the NGP before making any judgment.

#128 Marzy

Marzy

Posted 06 February 2011 - 11:56 PM

Personally, I actually preferred the shorter show.

I do enjoy listening to the show, but sometimes I find it gets a bit time consuming. An hour long is a great length, in my opinion and I definitely wouldn't mind more shorter shows in the future.

Excellent job guys, looking forward to the next one.

#129 Kylearan

Kylearan

Hell Drifter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:51 AM

Hmm...some like the show shorter, some like it longer, for some it was "just right."

Thicker, anyone? Thinner? Or "just right"? :-k

#130 Justme8800

Justme8800

Not like the other 8799

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2011 - 04:23 AM

Someone throw us a bone with this intro! According to google, "super duper mario" is nothing but a crappy newgrounds flash and other not awesome stuff.

As for show length, longer is better, but don't push it. Do the same thing you've always done: talk about video games until you're finished. Forcing the conversation into a shorter or longer than natural length won't make anybody happy.

And I like this new analyst segment! Make sure you actually revisit your claims. And more Mr. Bean please.

#131 Kaneco

Kaneco

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:08 PM

lol, Wizard of Wor?

...To me it sounded like a modified version of many MIDI sounds of the Original Donkey Kong. xD

btw, didn't the original PSP (Phat) come bundled, at first, with a 32MB Memory Stick
Pro Duo and not a 512MB Memory Stick Pro Duo?...I think it did, because I remember
it being the only Memory Stick Pro Duo media format I had when I had the original PSP.

I moved on to the slicker looking & Slimmer PSP-2000 (Silver) so I can't quite remember.

#132 fiji_px

fiji_px

Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:59 PM

BTW, Cheapy, Wombat and Shipwreck (aka Boatcrash) I prefer longer podcasts. I enjoy hearing your weekly banter on video games and highly tangential topics

#133 APStephens

APStephens

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:40 PM

Great show. Thought I would drop my opinion in about the show length. I think 90+ minutes is the way to go. Seemed like this show went by so fast it was over before I knew it. I enjoy the CagCast and the more the better.

And add some more Tai at the end of some shows, too. He is funny. :D

#134 SpaceSpace

SpaceSpace

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2011 - 09:00 PM

I liked the shorter show, honestly I'm pretty busy with my life lately and having a nice short little CAG break is nice. Although I think the show is best when you stay a bit off topic, if you still did off topic and maybe take out a piece of less important news you could still have a 50 minute show and keep what is in my opinion the best part of the show.

Posted Image

#135 kingkiller33

kingkiller33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2011 - 09:02 PM

Why is it that people are treating the PSP like in hindsight it was a failure? This show kinda touched on it being a failure because it didn't sell as well as the DS and I've seen other editorials and what not saying the similar things like there are no great games on PSP.

I agree that the MUST PLAY titles are few and far between on the PSP, but can someone name some must play titles that are the DS? Both systems have good games, but neither IMO have titles that are going to make you want to make the jump to the portable if you have no interest in the platform. The only way they can get people with these consoles is putting established titles on handhelds that people really like. For Nintendo it's Pokemon, it's going to move portable consoles for them. The PSP uses console established games to move the PSP. Valkyria Chronicles, Kingdom Hearts, Metal Gear Solid and that's just what I can think of off the top of my head.

I would hardly say that the PSP was a failure though, perhaps from now now on when they release other SKUs they should make more drastic changes, as far as appearance goes, so that people can feel the need to rebuy the console like people did with the DS. When was the last time anyone saw someone playing on this ugly hunk of junk...

Posted Image

The only reason I would call the PSP a failure is because it became so easy to pirate. I bought one a few years ago because I loved the idea of being able to play final fantasy tactics on the go. The GOW titles were outstanding too. And Rock Band provided endless fun.

#136 aTOH

aTOH

RAMENhameha

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:56 AM

I like longer shows! An hour feels way too short.
うぃっす!

#137 E*Master

E*Master

Cross Border Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:43 AM

Wow, do we really need to rubberize the world ANY MORE? Now Rape Jokes are not funny anymore? Jesus krist! In that case someone should shut down TMZ and The Superficial for doing it all the time! And Seth McFarlane should be sentenced to DEATH for making CONSTANT rape jokes on Family guy and American Dad! Jesus fucking krist when will it end? This dying need of over political correctness and constant squashing of freedom of speech really has to stop now. Seriously. I fully support that Penny Arcade with their comic. We live in a terrible depressing world where bad shit happens EVERY DAY and sesame street style humor is not going to make it better.... crude humor does.
Cross Border Gaming Podcast- http://crossbordergaming.com Discussing the latest games, busting Wombat's chops, and hating on PETA.

My CAG Blog

#138 GOTA

GOTA

Posted 08 February 2011 - 05:37 PM

Sounds like Cheapy is getting old. No talk of poop or pot or humping pillows in a very long time. Real life is now even cutting into the length of the show. Welcome to the Old Farts Club Cheapy D!

#139 FecesBreath

FecesBreath

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:12 PM

Super Duper Mario show intro music! I can't find it anywhere! Does anyone know where to get it?

#140 casamh

casamh

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2011 - 03:02 PM

Is it just me, or is Shipwreck getting crankier. "PS3, get off my lawn!"
The prediction segment is kind of lame if we have to wait 3 years to find out if it was correct. Maybe predict which will be the best seller out of the weeks new releases.