Killzone 3 (PS3) & Bulletstorm (360/PS3) with $20 credit at Amazon

• Please log in to reply
402 replies to this topic

#91 Woolagaroo

Woolagaroo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 03:22 AM

Shit. was not planning on buying this on launch, but when will it be $40 (effectively) again? I loved Killzone 2, and if the games didn't have such damned short campaigns, I'd be all over this. Decisions, decisions...
Posted Image

#92 ryheeles

ryheeles

No days off

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 03:23 AM

See, that's the point... You don't get it. Amazon do not collect taxes from you it doesn't mean you don't have to report it to your state. I don't hate people keeping their mouth shut about not paying taxes, just those continue thinking it's a deal for not paying taxes.

No offer for the Helghast Edition as usual :-(

Well, looks like I learned something today.

#93 scrubsr1

scrubsr1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 03:24 AM

Question, if I pre-ordered before the credit deal was offered will I still get the $20 credit?

I would like to know this as well.

#94 ryheeles

ryheeles

No days off

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 03:24 AM

will BB price match a pre order with credit?

They won't PM Amazon at all.

#95 theking20

theking20

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 03:26 AM

Fuck, still pissed there was no amazon credit at all for dead space 2 :/

i might bite but meh at the scoring part in the demo, feels like the club to me, but the graphics were good.

Gotta save money for 3DS anyway B)

#96 TheBomb69

TheBomb69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 03:28 AM

Still only a rental for me.

#97 LottaGames

LottaGames

Posted 18 February 2011 - 03:29 AM

Usually Zon will offer the credit to all preexisting orders as long as it's for the standard version. I mean they offer that preorder price guarantee so this is similar. Drop a note to their customer service and ask. I'd honestly be surprised if they said no.

I can't resist, I'm ordering so I don't have to hike over to TrU. Both games. Gonna wait on the sharpshooter since I don't have a nav controller and will hope for an accessory sale.

#98 bluem00se

bluem00se

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 03:29 AM

Although people are saying this will be a bargain bin title in a fairly short amount of time, there is one problem... Gears 3 beta! I mean, come on, that's the biggest reason I'm tempted to buy this game. Now this $20 credit, not to mention I'm now getting $20 credit for Killzone 3... I'm really tempted, but not sold yet. Bulletstorm itself looks iffy... and the demo was really short and arcadey. I don't want an arcadey shooter, I want to know if this game has a legitimate story/ campaign mode...

#99 rbanke

rbanke

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 03:30 AM

I would like to know this as well.

I just finished talking to amazon customer service chat, they said you only qualify if you purchase during the promotion and that i'd have to cancel and reorder.

Stupid but better safe than sorry, so that's what I did.

#100 mrbomb

mrbomb

A Tasty Classic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 03:31 AM

To all the people hating on this game for absolutely no valid reason, take a step back and look at this from another point of view.

This game is supposed to re-imagine the wacky, over-the-top styles of games such as Painkiller and Unreal Tournament. If you literally have no valid arguments as to why this game sucks, stay the hell out of this thread and go back to your CoD or any other generic military shooter. There are plenty of them.

Anyway, pretty good deal, but I can wait for a drop since money's a little tight.

Agreed, I actually traded in Black Ops to put money down on this.
Posted Image

#101 maxim2boobles

maxim2boobles

AwesomeNOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 03:33 AM

Fuck, still pissed there was no amazon credit at all for dead space 2 :/

i might bite but meh at the scoring part in the demo, feels like the club to me, but the graphics were good.

Gotta save money for 3DS anyway B)

I think there was a $20 pre-order for DS2.

Yes, this game is like The Club with better graphics and improved weapons/abilities. This genre needs more arcade games that are fun and not mundane like COD and BBC
Posted Image

#102 kinney_bmx

kinney_bmx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 03:33 AM

Looks like I'm canceling my pre-order and re-ordering.

#103 LottaGames

LottaGames

Posted 18 February 2011 - 03:35 AM

I just finished talking to amazon customer service chat, they said you only qualify if you purchase during the promotion and that i'd have to cancel and reorder.

Stupid but better safe than sorry, so that's what I did.

Seriously? That doesn't sound like them, but whatever. Seems pointless to go through the hassle when they should be able to edit the order. Maybe it's a limited availability deal?

#104 crazydom2

crazydom2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 03:37 AM

I contacted Amazon and they said I qualified for the $20 from ordering before :/. Conflicting reports then.

#105 LottaGames

LottaGames

Posted 18 February 2011 - 03:41 AM

C'mon guys, just give them your money so games like Call of Duty will stop being made, I want the return of old school shooters again like Unreal..man UT was amazing back in the day

To all the people hating on this game for absolutely no valid reason, take a step back and look at this from another point of view.

This game is supposed to re-imagine the wacky, over-the-top styles of games such as Painkiller and Unreal Tournament. If you literally have no valid arguments as to why this game sucks, stay the hell out of this thread and go back to your CoD or any other generic military shooter. There are plenty of them.

Anyway, pretty good deal, but I can wait for a drop since money's a little tight.

I agree with you. I want FPS to go back to the days of Serious Sam and Unreal Tournament . The Club from Sega was the last game that brought arcade FPS to the mix

I love you guys! Lol, couldn't have said it better myself. I still have UT on my PC too, if I knew of a popular server I'd probably still be addicted to that game. It's the reason I got broadband and that summer simply disappeared for me. And the few after it... Painkiller, Serious Sam, the old Doom. Now THOSE were FPS's. Not this crap based around hiding all the time that the kids play.

#106 kinney_bmx

kinney_bmx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 03:42 AM

Just checked to make sure and I got the same answer as above. You only get the credit if you order it while its posted

#107 Achilles00

Achilles00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 03:44 AM

Thanks Cheapy. Still on the fence on this one. I'm surprised there isn't a deal for Killzone 3 on Amazon yet.

Actually, there is. It's also $20.
Posted Image

#108 Ilikecoldbeverages

Ilikecoldbeverages

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 03:45 AM

What aren't people liking about it? I can't really figure out all the hate... the whole idea of trick shooting I think would pander to the hardcore and/or those looking for something that extends the longevity in their FPSs. I don't know if its my kinda game after playing the demo but I didn't exactly come across anything that would make me spiteful towards it. The controls were tight, the AI was acceptable, what gives?

#109 bluedeviltron

bluedeviltron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 03:50 AM

That's what it took to convince me. Thanks for the heads up.

#110 NewOrder01

NewOrder01

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 03:54 AM

Sweet! Thank you, Amazon!!!

#111 AwRy108

AwRy108

Posted 18 February 2011 - 03:56 AM

Thanks for posting this.

#112 nakedninja

nakedninja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 03:59 AM

what the shit :( i got helghast edition ordered from them and it doesnt have the promo credit :/

same here i want this edition, but with out credit it's $90 more

#113 maxim2boobles

maxim2boobles

AwesomeNOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 04:01 AM

What aren't people liking about it? I can't really figure out all the hate... the whole idea of trick shooting I think would pander to the hardcore and/or those looking for something that extends the longevity in their FPSs. I don't know if its my kinda game after playing the demo but I didn't exactly come across anything that would make me spiteful towards it. The controls were tight, the AI was acceptable, what gives?

'

Where do you see that people don;t like this game? You have it backwards. This game is awesome cause it has all the things that made original FPS great.Doom, Quake, and Unreal Tournament were the true FPS, not this COD and BBC crap
Posted Image

#114 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 04:05 AM

Seriously? That doesn't sound like them, but whatever. Seems pointless to go through the hassle when they should be able to edit the order. Maybe it's a limited availability deal?

It's likely that something was lost in translation.

#115 teknomedic

teknomedic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 04:06 AM

guess I'll pre-order now... and then try the demo to see if I'll keep the pre-order going.

Like most here, I'm not a huge fan of CoD and long for the days of Unreal, Doom, etc, etc.

#116 Ogami Itto

Ogami Itto

Your what hurts now?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 04:07 AM

$38 for Killzone 3 (I had a bunch of credit with them) NICE!
Posted Image

#117 dreamer2050

dreamer2050

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 04:12 AM

lol i messed up my order i thought have to order again and canceled my old order but i dont see my previous game credit on it.

#118 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 04:18 AM

According to twitter there giving the $20 credit to people who pre-ordered Bulletstorm before the promotion was applied. So I don't see why the same thing won't happen for Killzone 3.

#119 dEvAnGeL

dEvAnGeL

sHaMe oN yOu!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 04:19 AM

can someone answer this please, the 3-5 day shipping was like 5 bucks but the release date shipping was only 0.99 cents, what the heck?

#120 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 18 February 2011 - 04:20 AM

hoping this shows up in my Gold Box tomorrow - then will def order