Killzone 3 (PS3) & Bulletstorm (360/PS3) with $20 credit at Amazon

• Please log in to reply
402 replies to this topic

#181 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 03:11 PM

I would just cancel my KZ3 preorder and place another order but I went through Home to get the Home Avatar freebie. Hrm...

As has been said millions of times in this thread you will get the $20 promo credit even if you ordered before it was added and even if you already have an existing preorder bonus for the game (see: Black Ops and Hot Pursuit for examples). If because you were holding your breath and had your eyes crossed when you ordered and don't get the $20 credit call or email Amazon and they will apply the credit.

TheVila.jpg
TheVila.png

#182 ryanmassacre

ryanmassacre

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 03:11 PM

Had to talk myself down from preordering both games canceled my bulletstorm preorder... But wish I had no back log that keeps getting bigger due the call of duty

#183 Vader582

Vader582

Dark Lord of Savings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 03:13 PM

As has been said millions of times in this thread you will get the $20 promo credit even if you ordered before it was added and even if you already have an existing preorder bonus for the game (see: Black Ops and Hot Pursuit for examples). If because you were holding your breath and had your eyes crossed when you ordered and don't get the $20 credit call or email Amazon and they will apply the credit.

Yeah, I've read that. I've also experienced Amazon being a PITA about preorder bonuses so in my experience, it's hit-and-miss. Amazon is pretty decent but their CS is not 100%.
In the bonus description, it says nothing about the $20 applying to previous preorders. That's my main concern.

EDIT: I called CS just to see what they'd say. I was told I'd get the $20 promo. If I have any issues at least there will be a record that I called on the 18th about the promo. I'd recommend for others to call, just to be safe.

Edited by Vader582, 18 February 2011 - 04:08 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
TV?
Spoiler

Spoiler

Fist bump?

#184 rvdrock

rvdrock

Master Of The Ellipsis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 03:17 PM

Well last time I cancelled an order that had release date delivery I wasn't able to get it back. So this time I called amazon and they manually adjusted the price of my games down to 39.95 and 37.99 respectively. Gotta love amazon!

#185 ninjatuned

ninjatuned

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 03:41 PM

THIS IS TOTALLY YMMV --- I preordered the Helghast edition yesterday before the $20 credit was posted. This morning I sent Amazon customer service an email (through "My Orders" in the account section) asking if the $20 credit was coming to the Helghast edition and saying I was going to cancel my order and preorder the non-limited edition if they weren't. A couple of hours later I got an email saying they weren't going to offer it but $20 had been taken off my order. Again - totally YMMV but I wanted to share this with my fellow CAGers for anyone else in the same boat.

#186 Thorgouge

Thorgouge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 04:17 PM

I hated the Bulletstorm demo so someone donate me their GOW3 beta code so it doesn't cost me $40. Thanks!

#187 Vader582

Vader582

Dark Lord of Savings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 04:26 PM

I hated the Bulletstorm demo so someone donate me their GOW3 beta code so it doesn't cost me $40. Thanks!

Unfortunately the beta will require the BS disc.
Posted Image
Posted Image
TV?
Spoiler

Spoiler

Fist bump?

#188 chubbyporky

chubbyporky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 04:31 PM

From Amazon CS

Hello,

I am sorry to say that we're unable to apply special discounts to items ordered before or after the dates of the promotional offer.

In order to take advantage of this promotion, you must place a qualifying order during the specified promotion period while supplies last.

If you would like to take advantage of this promo offer, please cancel this order and place a new order. So that you will able to get $20 promotional credit.

#189 jigsaw918

jigsaw918

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 04:38 PM

awesome!!!! amazon.com ftw!!! and it's a price match of toys r us lol, but since i would've have to have driven like an hour to get to one, this is much better!!! YES! buying both!

#190 blazsox

blazsox

Night Prowler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 04:47 PM

Had a feeling Amazon would post this type of credit and exclude the Helghast Edition I have on pre-order. I expected it, so no regrets sticking with the Helghast one.
Posted Image

Currently Playing:
:ps3: Splinter Cell HD Trilogy
:ps3: NBA 2K13
:360: Forza Motorsport 4
Posted Image Lego City Undercover

#191 kirby145

kirby145

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 04:55 PM

Really want the gears beta. Really don't want a game that has no multi player.

Why must they package the beta with a completely unrelated game. whyyyyyyyyyy
Posted Image
Xbox: kirby145x

#192 blazsox

blazsox

Night Prowler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 04:57 PM

Really want the gears beta. Really don't want a game that has no multi player.

Why must they package the beta with a completely unrelated game. whyyyyyyyyyy

Same studio behind both games (Epic Games).
Posted Image

Currently Playing:
:ps3: Splinter Cell HD Trilogy
:ps3: NBA 2K13
:360: Forza Motorsport 4
Posted Image Lego City Undercover

#193 cRodz

cRodz

Lead Chimp Ass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 05:10 PM

Because the game needs an incentive to be bought.
such a shitty game

#194 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 05:17 PM

Bulletstorm reminds me of Serious Sam (one of my favorite FPS games of all time) in its style and humor; very psyched about this new game!

#195 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 05:17 PM

Merged the Killzone & Bulletstorm threads to combine the hot $20 credit action for the front page.

Was wondering how I missed so many pages!

And a reminder again, if you preorder Killzone 3 from Amazon via the kiosk in the Central Plaza in Home on the PS3 you can get all the bonus CheapyD listed plus a exclusive jetpack to wear in Home. They will send you a code to DL it when the game ships I believe.

Also they have mini game to earn 3 more unlock points there too so 6 total points thanks to Amazon and Home.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#196 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 05:19 PM

From Amazon CS

Hello,

I am sorry to say that we're unable to apply special discounts to items ordered before or after the dates of the promotional offer.

In order to take advantage of this promotion, you must place a qualifying order during the specified promotion period while supplies last.

If you would like to take advantage of this promo offer, please cancel this order and place a new order. So that you will able to get $20 promotional credit.

That goes against everything I have seen about how Amazon operates . . . they always give you the promo credit even if you order before such a credit is offered. WTF?

EDIT: Re-read the pre-order price guarantee, and it only states that if the price on the item goes down between the time of your preorder and shipping, you get the lowest price. Doesn't say you get any promo credit if that is offered after your original pre-order.

Edited by chimpmeister, 18 February 2011 - 06:00 PM.

#197 Tumbler360

Tumbler360

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 05:27 PM

Was on the fence about Bulletstorm and definitely passing on buying Killzone 3, but now they are both pre-ordered, thanx amazon! I <3 U! Plus release day delivery cause I'm prime!

#198 lilman

lilman

Posted 18 February 2011 - 05:52 PM

Wasn't planning on KZ3 but that $20 general credit was too tempting. I had $20 livingsocial credit and $10 MvC3 vg credit, so KZ3 for $26 + $20 future credit sounds good to me.

Still passing on Bulletstorm. Really wanted to like this game but the camera shakiness is too much. KZ3 is a bit shaky but not nearly as bad as Bulletstorm.

#199 Monsta Mack

Monsta Mack

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 05:58 PM

Top Spin 3 now comes with $20 credit for PS3 and 360.

#200 KirbyLovesTacos

KirbyLovesTacos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 06:00 PM

Thanks, I ended up talking my way to getting both for 80$. Great deal if you ask me, I loved Killzone and I love Bulletstorm.

#201 JVorhees#1

JVorhees#1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 06:09 PM

From Amazon CS

Hello,

Amazon has added "This offer will be extended to all existing preorders" to the Killzone 3 $20 promotion section.

#202 bigmac8855601

bigmac8855601

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 06:10 PM

Top Spin 3 now comes with $20 credit for PS3 and 360.

Top Spin 4 :D

#203 mnuttster

mnuttster

CAG It Up!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 06:44 PM

Okay people, here is exactly what the Bulletstorm product page says:
$20 Credit and Pre-Order Upgrade Offer
Pre-order Bulletstorm for Xbox 360 and get a $20 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads). Also, receive a free upgrade to Bulletstorm - Limited Edition, which contains the full version of Bulletstorm plus the Deadly Peace Maker Carbine, additional boots and armor, 25,000 experience points, and visual upgrades for the iconic leash. Pre-order offer ends on February 21, 2011. The promotional credit will be added directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your order ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Limit one per household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

So any Amazon CS person that tells you differently obviously can't read their own website...

#204 endgamer77

endgamer77

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 18 February 2011 - 07:47 PM

i hope there are reviews for this game by monday. a 20 dollar credit is cool but i dont wanna buy a bad game.

#205 Xanctakhe

Xanctakhe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 07:51 PM

I've already got a $15 Amazon credit from something, so it came out to $42.99. With the maps and $20 credit, it was a definite buy. Good shit Amazon.

#206 3rdbass

3rdbass

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 07:51 PM

i hope there are reviews for this game by monday. a 20 dollar credit is cool but i dont wanna buy a bad game.

Are you talking about bulletstorm? As KZ3 presently has a 85 on MC with 39 reviews.

#207 UsCoMmAnDeR

UsCoMmAnDeR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 08:06 PM

bulletstorm is grbage. killzone 3 is the better of the two and will have longevity since its multiplayer rocks.

UsCoMmAnDeR--.png

#208 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 08:17 PM

Okay people, here is exactly what the Bulletstorm product page says:
$20 Credit and Pre-Order Upgrade Offer
Pre-order Bulletstorm for Xbox 360 and get a $20 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads). Also, receive a free upgrade to Bulletstorm - Limited Edition, which contains the full version of Bulletstorm plus the Deadly Peace Maker Carbine, additional boots and armor, 25,000 experience points, and visual upgrades for the iconic leash. Pre-order offer ends on February 21, 2011. The promotional credit will be added directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your order ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Limit one per household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

So any Amazon CS person that tells you differently obviously can't read their own website...

Just so you know, that WASN'T there earlier.

Posted Image

#209 Statix

Statix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 08:34 PM

I'm hesitant to pick Killzone 3 up, even at the price of essentially $37.99, because the demo still had laggy, sluggish controls. Albeit improved over KZ2, but still too sluggish compared to most other shooters I've played.

#210 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 09:04 PM

Man I was going to wait for Bulletstorm but it seems it would be stupid not to pick it up at launch now. I think I'll go and find my The Club copy on my shelf today as I'm in the mood for some arcadey shooting!

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.

Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D  Watch Dogs, Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378