Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5516 replies to this topic

#271 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2011 - 04:14 PM

It's kind of tough for me because I own the CE and would feel kind of dumb with 2 copies of the same game. I haven't played Knights of the Nine though so "maybe" this would be a good way to that and finally finish the thieves quest line.

I hate to be an achievement whore (because I'm not, but I do enjoy them more than I like to admit) but if Knights of the Nine had achievement's tied to it I might pick this up even owning the CE. That's one of the few (maybe only...?) mission based DLC that I don't own.

233526.png

https://www.facebook...stractedRealism (pinup/boudoir/etc)
https://www.facebook...ulhaPhotography (scenery/families/babies/etc)

#272 TPerryoo7

TPerryoo7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2011 - 04:27 PM

would it be possible for this to have TROPHIES???? I would crap a brick.

either way, the new oblivion CE is a MUST BUY. WOW this is a gift from the gaming gods. not a lot of games have this honor. Especially ones as old as Oblivion, where it lands right in the middle.

Beautiful. Ill be even more broke now.
Posted Image

#273 imacgod

imacgod

Posted 21 May 2011 - 05:14 PM

An Oblivion re-release is kind of surprising. I have Oblivion GOTY in my backlog, or it kind of went back in the backlog. After playing Fallout first, playing Oblivion was a little awkward. It's just weird getting into sword fights in first person (although I suppose you get the same effect if you run around the Wastelands with the Super Sledge). I only wish they would do a reprint of the strategy guide since it appears people are charging ridiculous amounts for it online. I'm a fan of developer commentary, so this is a definite plus. And steel books are a win. I was hoping they would throw in some extra DLC like, say, horse armor. ;)

I wish I could get excited for the included coupons but Skyrim will undoubtedly have a collection with its DLC eventually and/or those coupons will expire before any decent deals are available for the game or guide. And there's probably no way to use that coupon through Amazon, right? (Would end up being a nice $10 guide, but I will want the GOTY guide anyhow)

But I bring good news: If you have the GOTY for the 360, Best Buy is giving you $25 for it right now. Definitely trading mine in tomorrow. The 5th Year Edition is practically paid for that way. (Sadly not for the PS3 version)

#274 OnyxPrimal

OnyxPrimal

Chocolate Goodness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2011 - 07:07 PM

Is this a Best Buy Exclusive or something? Seriously thinking I may trade my GOTY and make up the other 10 with Swagbucks to pick it up on Amazon if they get it.

#275 mitnosi

mitnosi

Posted 21 May 2011 - 07:38 PM

Is this a Best Buy Exclusive or something? Seriously thinking I may trade my GOTY and make up the other 10 with Swagbucks to pick it up on Amazon if they get it.

It's listed on Amazon, just doesn't have any details of pics. Here's some links

360:
http://www.amazon.co...992190&sr=1-127

PS3:
http://www.amazon.co...991257&sr=1-129

#276 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2011 - 08:08 PM

I just stumbled upon this at bestbuy.com

http://www.bestbuy.c...ivion&lp=1&cp=1

It's (Takes deep breath) The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - 5th Anniversary Edition

I don't know if it's a collectors edition but it does include some things that are usually included in CE's such as a making of DVD and more importantly a game map. Oh, it also has a steelbook case for anybody that cares about that :) It costs $29.99 and is set to be released on 6/28/11.

Here's what bestbuy has for the description for anybody too lazy to click the link...

• 5th Anniversary Edition includes the original award-winning game, Oblivion, the Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles expansion packs, collector's steelbook case, Making of Oblivion DVD and an Oblivion game map*
  • Making of Oblivion DVD includes a bonus The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim trailer
  • Contains a $10 off coupon toward the purchase of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and a Skyrim strategy guide
  • Protect your copy of the game with the collector's steelbook, which is decorated with Daedric symbols
*:D

Does anyone know If I can use a RZ cert to preorder the game? I have some that are expiring in June that I have to use up.

#277 Llamaw00d

Llamaw00d

Don't Panic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2011 - 08:15 PM

Any details on the $10 Skyrim coupon? I have it pre-ordered with amazon. I would be willing to send my copy in for credit and order this one if I knew more about the coupon.

#278 mitnosi

mitnosi

Posted 21 May 2011 - 08:24 PM

Any details on the $10 Skyrim coupon? I have it pre-ordered with amazon. I would be willing to send my copy in for credit and order this one if I knew more about the coupon.

I'm curious about it as well. If it came as some kind of coupon code you could enter in on Amazon during check out to take off $10 bucks would be awesome.

#279 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2011 - 08:32 PM

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but in order to get $10 off, you have to buy the game and the strategy guide no?

#280 Llamaw00d

Llamaw00d

Don't Panic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2011 - 08:46 PM

ssj..........yeah, I would like some clarification regarding this.

#281 Ervgotti85

Ervgotti85

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2011 - 09:39 PM

The ps3 version says it had been out since April is that true?

#282 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2011 - 09:51 PM

The ps3 version says it had been out since April is that true?

Nah, think that's just an error listing by Best Buy

#283 mitnosi

mitnosi

Posted 21 May 2011 - 09:52 PM

http://www.nitrobear...e-elder-scrolls

Has some info on the 5th Anniversary Edition.

#284 OnyxPrimal

OnyxPrimal

Chocolate Goodness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2011 - 10:27 PM

It's listed on Amazon, just doesn't have any details of pics. Here's some links

360:
http://www.amazon.co...992190&sr=1-127

PS3:
http://www.amazon.co...991257&sr=1-129

Much thanks!

#285 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2011 - 10:33 PM

http://www.nitrobear...e-elder-scrolls

Has some info on the 5th Anniversary Edition.

Thanks, that's where I got a picture for the op last night, but I just noticed they listed Overstock as a source for the games so I linked to them too.

Overstock has large pictures of the covers too and you can see that you do have to buy both the Game and Guide to get $10 off

http://www.overstock...archType=Header

#286 Llamaw00d

Llamaw00d

Don't Panic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2011 - 10:38 PM

No clarification on the $10 coupon yet?

#287 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2011 - 10:45 PM

No clarification on the $10 coupon yet?

See the post above yours :roll:

#288 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2011 - 10:47 PM

Posted Image

#289 Llamaw00d

Llamaw00d

Don't Panic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2011 - 10:58 PM

:roll: Excuse the long composition time of my posts. I did not see your post prior to me making my post. I now see the sticker on the case referring to the $10 rebate. I will still pose the question............does anyone have any insider info regarding this rebate? If it is included inside the case, you would have to send in the receipts in order to receive the rebate? If so.........PASS!

See the post above yours :roll:

#290 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2011 - 11:00 PM

lol, no prob.

I'm guessing it's some sort of manufacturer's coupon or something, but I suppose a rebate is possible and just as likely. Guess we'll have to wait and see when they give more details

#291 shadowknight203

shadowknight203

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2011 - 11:11 PM

well since there has been a new CE (oblivion 5th yr aniv) Im sure some moron will post a new thread detailing it..cant w8 to see who it is this time :)

#292 pewpewpew

pewpewpew

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2011 - 12:15 AM

Oblivion CE looks cool but I'm just hoping it'll drop the price on the regular GOTY edition by a lot. Steelbooks look great and all but I hate the spindles that hold the discs.

#293 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2011 - 12:15 AM

So if indeed you get the full skyrim guide, this pretty much pays for itself considering the guide will be $15 and a $10 off coupon.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#294 DeathMoJo

DeathMoJo

The Navy Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2011 - 02:02 AM

Seriously considering the Oblivion CE but just trying to warrant buying a game i already have again.

Great forum for PS Vita information: www.psvitaforum.com

United States Navy

#295 driver01z

driver01z

so i can type anythi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2011 - 02:05 AM

they couldn't add trophies to Oblivion, huh. Guess that was too much to ask.

#296 pandanaut

pandanaut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2011 - 02:09 AM

If this has trophies I am so there.

Even if it doesn't I might anyway.

#297 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2011 - 02:15 AM

This is funny, I'd actually seen a tempting copy of Oblivion 4 GotY @ K-mart today, and I figured it might be the time since I hadn't bit on it yet, but this seems like the perfect chance to jump in (much like I did with the GoW Triple Pack). Not a bad deal in the least, thanks for posting.

#298 popaloo

popaloo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2011 - 02:15 AM

I've been browsing bestheda's forums and still couldn't come up with an answer on whether or not there's trophies implemented.
A search engine (like Google) that awards you for using it.
Posted Image
Week #13 - Amazon Gift Card $145 (11 SB left over)...and we're chugging along.

#299 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2011 - 02:30 AM

The disc included is the same as the GOTY edition I believe so I doubt anything has changed on the Trophy front

#300 Namzor

Namzor

Posted 22 May 2011 - 06:50 AM

Too bad there's no pocket guide like the original CE, from what I've seen its was a nice backstory book. Couldn't care less about the coin. And I really hope the coupon doesn't need the guide with it, or that you can pick the HC Skyrim guide at least.