Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5516 replies to this topic

#2971 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:20 AM

the walking dead collectors edition will only be 10.000 copies. so get yours while you can if interested

Who cares? It's a flimsy cardboard box and a different cover on a book you can buy elsewhere for less. Do you collect cardboard boxes and slightly different covers? I can understand if you were going to buy both items anyway, but if you're specifically buying this because you think it will be rare or valuable, you are kidding yourself.

#2972 yobaburp

yobaburp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:36 AM

Who cares? It's a flimsy cardboard box and a different cover on a book you can buy elsewhere for less. Do you collect cardboard boxes and slightly different covers? I can understand if you were going to buy both items anyway, but if you're specifically buying this because you think it will be rare or valuable, you are kidding yourself.

I'll take this over the shitty arse overpriced SF Collection any day.

#2973 Kikyou1

Kikyou1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:52 AM

A lot of the CE have dropped in prices.
Uncharted 3 CE at BB is only 30 dollars.
Skyrim CE at GS is 60 dollars.
FF13-2 is 40 dollars at most stores.
SoulCalibur V CE 40 dollars at GS.
Mass Effect 3 N7 CE 30 dollars at GS.
And so on. I recomend if you want a CE you look at the stores prices right now because it probably cost less if it has been out for more then 6 months. Some might be sold out by now though.

kikyou1.png

#2974 showtimefolks

showtimefolks

PRINCE OF DARKNESS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:29 AM

A lot of the CE have dropped in prices.
Uncharted 3 CE at BB is only 30 dollars.
Skyrim CE at GS is 60 dollars.
FF13-2 is 40 dollars at most stores.
SoulCalibur V CE 40 dollars at GS.
Mass Effect 3 N7 CE 30 dollars at GS.
And so on. I recomend if you want a CE you look at the stores prices right now because it probably cost less if it has been out for more then 6 months. Some might be sold out by now though.

not many collectors or limited editions are worth the asking price, if a game is made by a big publisher chances are there will be plenty meaning 4-6 months wait time but can pay less than half the price

i wanted witcher 2 dark edition i think it was called and around me in new orleans total of 8 gamestops got 1 and that was a pre order. so sometimes its hard to judge, i just got max payne 3 for $30 when i pre ordered GTA5 which i was planning to buy anyway. so that's huge saving for a game that came out not that long ago

walking dead
bioshock
gta 5

these 3 are the ones i see being very limited

#2975 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:39 AM

I agree with you on this one... The cardboard box can easily be "hand made." The WD game is the very same standard version, no steelcase or anything. The only noticeable thing is the cover of the WD Compendium Vol 1, a different cover. However, that's plain lame no matter how you look at it. The compendium is not even hardcover for the record...

#2976 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:09 AM

It's a limited collector's item. You can't hand make that box, and a different cover is still a different cover. For people that collect, this is plenty.

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#2977 IzzyF3

IzzyF3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:33 AM

Passed on Persona 4 Solid Gold preorders since I've played the PS2 game, didnt want a Vita before, and have yet to play P3, but now I want it. What are the chances of the Solid Gold showing up at GameStop, or preferably Frys?

#2978 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:04 AM

Passed on Persona 4 Solid Gold preorders since I've played the PS2 game, didnt want a Vita before, and have yet to play P3, but now I want it. What are the chances of the Solid Gold showing up at GameStop, or preferably Frys?

Unlikely, though there is a chance of some popping back up on Amazon as we draw closer to the release date, as what happened with The Witcher 2: AoK Dark Edition. I'm kind-of-sort-of holding out for that happening--if I can get one, I will; if I can't, I have the $29.99 Newegg preorder of the standard edition.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Dogtags/Misc.]  :vita: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/13]: :vita: Limbo (4.5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#2979 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:05 AM

I preordered it from here last week - never ordered from CD Universe before, but whatevs: http://www.cdunivers...asp?pid=8818771

Dill The Noise.

471350.png champloo4.png

#2980 IzzyF3

IzzyF3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:00 AM

I preordered it from here last week - never ordered from CD Universe before, but whatevs: http://www.cdunivers...asp?pid=8818771

Wow! Thank you! I preordered one. I never ordered from them either, but from the retailer reviews, they seem to be fairly reliable. Using up my Black Friday funds already. Lol.

#2981 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:32 AM

Crysis 3 SteelBook - 2/28/2013

Posted Image

Dead Space 3 SteelBook - 2/05/2013

Posted Image

Devil May Cry SteelBook - 1/15/2013

Posted Image

#2982 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:22 PM

man... we keep getting the editions with crap extras.

what the hell??

#2983 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:52 PM

man... we keep getting the editions with crap extras.

what the hell??

1) C'mon, you don't like avatar hats!?! <---- a joke

2) Just order from Amazon UK, they ship games to the US now. <---- I have done it, it is true

Dill The Noise.

471350.png champloo4.png

#2984 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:06 PM

2) Just order from Amazon UK, they ship games to the US now. <---- I have done it, it is true

oh really?

cool.

i just searched injustice and mgs rising, they only have the regular editions :(

i do have mgs rising preordered from zavvi though, i hope the box wont be beat when it arrives

#2985 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:46 PM

Wow! Thank you! I preordered one. I never ordered from them either, but from the retailer reviews, they seem to be fairly reliable. Using up my Black Friday funds already. Lol.

No prob! I just hope they actually do get the Premium edition. I thought it was exclusive to G'Stop and Amazon, but I guess I was wrong. At times I tremble with fear (not really) that they will actually send me the vanilla version. Time will tell...

Dill The Noise.

471350.png champloo4.png

#2986 proKoyeon

proKoyeon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:54 PM

Damn you futureshop!!!

#2987 Raven6009

Raven6009

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:55 PM

Anyone know if the Amazon exclusive for Game of Thrones still includes the artbook? It's still pictured on the ad but says you get it when pre-ordering. They've dropped the price on the 360 version down to $19.92 so if it still comes with the book it's a great deal.

http://www.amazon.co...m=ATVPDKIKX0DER
Posted Image

#2988 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:00 PM

Anyone know if the Amazon exclusive for Game of Thrones still includes the artbook? It's still pictured on the ad but says you get it when pre-ordering. They've dropped the price on the 360 version down to $19.92 so if it still comes with the book it's a great deal.

http://www.amazon.co...m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Yes, I can confirm from personal experience. You see that edition button under PS3 or Xbox360 version? Make sure Art Book Bundle is selected, not Standard Edition.

#2989 havuk

havuk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:11 AM

that's strange, i tried ordering the f.e.a.r. 3 ce from amazon uk and it said they couldn't ship to my address in the USA??

Edited by havuk, 12 November 2012 - 01:50 AM.

#2990 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:14 AM

that's strange, i tried orfering the f.e.a.r. 3 ce from amazon uk and it said they couldn't ship to my address in the USA??

When did you try? Because it is new within the past couple weeks. Most recently I imported a Join Or Die version of AC3 from Amazon UK. All games I have imported have been PS3 versions, btw.

Dill The Noise.

471350.png champloo4.png

#2991 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:17 AM

US METAL GEAR RISING LE BOX ART REVEALED!
Although not as glorious as the Zaavi edition, still damn fine looking. See spoiler below.

Spoiler

Dill The Noise.

471350.png champloo4.png

#2992 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:20 AM

US METAL GEAR RISING LE BOX ART REVEALED!
Although not as glorious as the Zaavi edition, still damn fine looking. See spoiler below.

Spoiler

I wonder when preorders will open up at other sources besides Amazon? The outer box looks very flimsy, so this is definitely one I won't be ordering from them.

#2993 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:23 AM

I wonder when preorders will open up at other sources besides Amazon? The outer box looks very flimsy, so this is definitely one I won't be ordering from them.

I'm not saying this as a fanboy or even being remotely rude, but that is a RENDERING. It is an artist mockup. Based on that fact alone, how can you tell what the paper stock is, thus determining its flimsiness?

Dill The Noise.

471350.png champloo4.png

#2994 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:27 AM

Oh my God, that's a different steelbook. This game has 3 different steelbooks!!!!

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

#2995 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:28 AM

that's strange, i tried orfering the f.e.a.r. 3 ce from amazon uk and it said they couldn't ship to my address in the USA??

Was it actually from amazon, not a seller; also, how long ago was it?

#2996 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:28 AM

I'm not saying this as a fanboy or even being remotely rude, but that is a RENDERING. It is an artist mockup. Based on that fact alone, how can you tell what the paper stock is, thus determining its flimsiness?

It doesn't change the fact that the box is much taller than it is wide, so unless they use very heavy cardboard, it will get dinged and dented. You're right that I can't say for sure, but I'm not going to take any chances.

#2997 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:29 AM

What is the point of saying its "high frequency":shock:

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#2998 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:30 AM

Was it actually from amazon, not a seller; also, how long ago was it?

Even though Amazon UK has removed most limitations to shipping games to the US, I have found a number that they still refuse to ship including Way of the Samurai 4 on the PS3 and a bunch of others. I'm not sure how the restrictions get put in place, but they do still exist for some titles.

#2999 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:41 AM

Even though Amazon UK has removed most limitations to shipping games to the US, I have found a number that they still refuse to ship including Way of the Samurai 4 on the PS3 and a bunch of others. I'm not sure how the restrictions get put in place, but they do still exist for some titles.

True, in fact, if you are logged in to your Amazon account while browsing the UK site, it will even say it at the top of the product page. Something like 'this item cannot be dispatched to your address'. But, most games now are eligible. At least on the PS3 side of things.

Dill The Noise.

471350.png champloo4.png

#3000 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:17 AM

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Limited Edition

Posted Image