Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5516 replies to this topic

#3181 griffinup

griffinup

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

I thought it was supposed to be a Gamestop exclusive, but the Injustice: Gods Among Us Collector's Edition is now listed on Amazon. I'm not sure if this is an error on their part, or other retailers will be actually be getting some in.

I apologize if I'm wrong, but I thought the press release about the CE said it would only be sold at GS.

#3182 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:07 AM

I thought it was supposed to be a Gamestop exclusive, but the Injustice: Gods Among Us Collector's Edition is now listed on Amazon. I'm not sure if this is an error on their part, or other retailers will be actually be getting some in.

I apologize if I'm wrong, but I thought the press release about the CE said it would only be sold at GS.

I don't think the press release said that, but Gamestop was telling people that early-on and was only requiring a $5 deposit instead of $25 which they only do now for CEs that are Gamestop exclusive. Best Buy and several other retailers have it listed now and Gamestop's listing doesn't say exclusive, so it's safe to say it won't be exclusive.

#3183 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:21 AM

I bought two .. Not as limited as the Dead Space Ultra Edition (1,000 copies still fetching $700 on ebay) but no doubt will hold resale value if they truly keep this to 5,000 units. At $100 without the game why not?

Updated my post to include the price of the stuff without the game, a better image of the contents, and a link with closer looks at each piece.

Do you think there is any difference in regards to packaging between the version with the game and the version without the game?

I'm going to guess that there isn't... that they will just throw a standard game inside the shipping box...

Anyone have any idea?

#3184 snakeinthegrass

snakeinthegrass

CAGiversary!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:29 AM

Do you think there is any difference in regards to packaging between the version with the game and the version without the game?

I'm going to guess that there isn't... that they will just throw a standard game inside the shipping box...

Anyone have any idea?

The game ships separate from the box so I would assume not

#3185 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:30 AM

The game ships separate from the box so I would assume not

Yeah I reread the description and that is my take too... so at this point it makes no sense to get the version with the game unless you are partial to the DLC that EA is offering.

#3186 Kay_Faraday

Kay_Faraday

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:51 AM

Anyone know how steelbook bonuses will be shipped from GS? Do they ship them in bubble mailers? :|

#3187 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:18 AM

Anyone know how steelbook bonuses will be shipped from GS? Do they ship them in bubble mailers? :|

Yep. They will likely just stuff the steelbook in with the game and put them both in a bubble wrap pouch. I've rarely had them ship bonuses separately and never in a box if it's just a standard size game case type item.

#3188 Metal Militia

Metal Militia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:49 AM

I really wasn't planning on getting the God of War: Ascension collector's edition, but that Kratos statue looks awesome. Its also only $20 more than the standard edition.

I usually get any Metal Gear limited editions, but as big a fan as I am I can't justify $150 for a cool looking lamp that comes with the MGR: Revengeance limited edition.:cry:
Posted Image

#3189 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:51 AM

GS pretty much ships everything in boxes these days. They've gotten really good at packing...

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#3190 amb6883

amb6883

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:11 AM

Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory is now OOS

#3191 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:27 AM

What's the consensus on the Bioshock songbird edition and neca skyhook with regards to rarity? I know songbird has been cut off at GS for a while now.

#3192 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:33 AM

What's the consensus on the Bioshock songbird edition and neca skyhook with regards to rarity? I know songbird has been cut off at GS for a while now.

That skyhook looks REALLY cheap. It's all plastic :drool:

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#3193 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:40 AM

The Enzio gauntlet is cheaply made IMO but that didn't stop people from paying good money for it.

Still a few sites where you can get the songbird edition from. I wish I knew how many they were making.

#3194 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:44 AM

There is a Dead Space 3 Dev Kit that was just announced today I think

http://gear.ea.com/d...am-edition.html

Seems cool
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#3195 DanteWarrior

DanteWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:53 AM

There is a Dead Space 3 Dev Kit that was just announced today I think

http://gear.ea.com/d...am-edition.html

Seems cool

You are couple of pages late. Its already down to last 1600-1700

#3196 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:58 AM

The Enzio gauntlet is cheaply made IMO but that didn't stop people from paying good money for it.

Still a few sites where you can get the songbird edition from. I wish I knew how many they were making.

Oh..if you are talking from a reselling perspective, then I have no idea. Personally, I would like a well made, metal brushed replica.

Didn't Bestbuy still have the Songbird? There is a video detailing the statue, it looks pretty good, judging from the video which zooms in a lot on the statue. Unlike that pre-launch BLOPS II video where they shot the video from a distance and do not mention that entire drone is made out of foam :drool:

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#3197 DanteWarrior

DanteWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:59 AM

1554 left to be exact. The contents don't look half bad to me.
Maybe not $100 good but still nice

#3198 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:05 AM

1554 left to be exact. The contents don't look half bad to me.
Maybe not $100 good but still nice

yeah 100 is a little rich. But seems like a fairly limited item. Really wish the game was in like a special steel or something, not just a standard edition.
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#3199 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:37 AM

GS pretty much ships everything in boxes these days. They've gotten really good at packing...

No they don't. For collector's editions they do, but anything regular game size goes in a padded pouch. If you're worried about a Ni No Kuni steelbook, I would suggest doing store pickup. They will almost certainly not be shipped in a box.

#3200 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:40 AM

No they don't. For collector's editions they do, but anything regular game size goes in a padded pouch. If you're worried about a Ni No Kuni steelbook, I would suggest doing store pickup. They will almost certainly not be shipped in a box.

Hm... now that you mention it, that makes sense. I've only been ordering CEs from them for the last 1-2 years.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#3201 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:54 AM

So with all that useless junk, at least you can't sue for false advertising. That's a lot of dead space.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#3202 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:23 AM

I know it's going to be most if not all plastic, but is it of a good quality? How were the portal guns from them? Did those come with a stand or anything? Just trying to get a feel since I've never considered anything from neca before. Also I think you're using the drool face wrong lol.

#3203 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:35 AM

I know it's going to be most if not all plastic, but is it of a good quality? How were the portal guns from them? Did those come with a stand or anything? Just trying to get a feel since I've never considered anything from neca before. Also I think you're using the drool face wrong lol.

Regarding the drool face...you get my idea, don't think of it as a drooling for desire, but a prelude to vomiting. Because the vomit icon is too strong for this situation.

Now, the portal gun was nice. Because the style and color can be nicely presented by plastic. The Skyhook, on the other hand, is meant to be metal, no matter how you think about it. The video still shows that it is nicely detailed. I am just saying I would rather like a metal replica, even it would come with a higher price tag.

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#3204 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:13 PM

1096 Dead Space 3 Dev editions left. I dont think these will make it to Monday.

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#3205 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

1096 dead space 3 dev editions left. I dont think these will make it to monday.

909 add-on

EDIT: 848 add-on left as of 3:58 pm

Edited by iNCREDiPiNOY, 12 January 2013 - 11:59 PM.

#3206 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

i though this was "cheapassgamers" lol. I cannot believe so many people are shelling out $100 + for the dead space 3 dev collectors edition. It seems more like "richassgamers"

#3207 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

Are you guys adding up all the editions?

#3208 galbyman

galbyman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

i though this was "cheapassgamer", lol. I cannot believe so many people are shelling out $100 + for the dead space 3 dev collectors edition. It seems more like "richassgamers"

What can I say, I love making money. :)

#3209 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

i though this was "cheapassgamers" lol. I cannot believe so many people are shelling out $100 + for the dead space 3 dev collectors edition. It seems more like "richassgamers"

Usual comment from "jealousassposter" :D

#3210 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:09 PM

Take this in jest but it's more like 'Havealittleforesightassgamer'. It's less than the price of 2 games OOP and it's on pace to sell out in less than 24 hours with a stealth release. This is an actual limited numbered CE for a good series that, if you think about it, keeps out the item that depreciates the fastest, the actual game.