Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5516 replies to this topic

#3541 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

They increased it to $25 for all collector's editions regardless of price now. They were making an exception for GS exclusives, but I think that's only if it's a GS exclusive under $100 as the Post Pandemic Edition required $25.

Thanks for clearing that up.

I assume you guys are preordering in store and not online because you want it day one?
There isn't any other benefits of doing it in store is there?

That and correct me if I'm wrong, GS also charges you the full amount when pre-ordering online. Which was something I didn't want to do.

#3542 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

My favorite part is that they quote a retail price of $199 for the statue on it's own. I would probably check myself into an asylum if I ever paid $199 for a 12" video game statue.

Let's not forget that they also stated that "There's no way this art book will go for less than $39.99, but it's totally worth it!"... It's up for $26 on Amazon right now.

I've seen some closeups of the statue, it doesn't look like a $200 product, much less a $100 product, so I'll be sticking with the Survival Edition. I mean, you're basically charging $20 for SB/Art Book, you're telling me they really couldn't have put that in the PPE? I also think it's kinda cheap that our bonus DLC in the SE is the very same DLC you get for pre-ordering anywhere, and yet they're touting it as a bonus. Weird.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of both Sony & ND, but I feel these CE releases are being handled terribly.

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

Mixer23.png

#3543 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

Thanks for clearing that up.

That and correct me if I'm wrong, GS also charges you the full amount when pre-ordering online. Which was something I didn't want to do.

They don't charge until they ship.

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

Mixer23.png

#3544 SkiLLs7984

SkiLLs7984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

Let's not forget that they also stated that "There's no way this art book will go for less than $39.99, but it's totally worth it!"... It's up for $26 on Amazon right now.

I've seen some closeups of the statue, it doesn't look like a $200 product, much less a $100 product, so I'll be sticking with the Survival Edition. I mean, you're basically charging $20 for SB/Art Book, you're telling me they really couldn't have put that in the PPE? I also think it's kinda cheap that our bonus DLC in the SE is the very same DLC you get for pre-ordering anywhere, and yet they're touting it as a bonus. Weird.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of both Sony & ND, but I feel these CE releases are being handled terribly.

You say you have seen closeups of the statue but then dont give links to pictures or at least say where it is you have seen it closeup? Not saying you havent, but it almost seems like your just saying something to support your reasoning for not getting it yourself.

#3545 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:01 PM

You say you have seen closeups of the statue but then dont give links to pictures or at least say where it is you have seen it closeup? Not saying you havent, but it almost seems like your just saying something to support your reasoning for not getting it yourself.

I can't find the picture anymore, but wasn't really a closeup, just a bit more zoomed in than what we've already seen(sorry for the exaggeration). But I'm not trying to make myself feel better about it, I'm simply not interested for that price. I've got Revengeance, Infinite, Ascension & Tomb Raider CE's all coming within 5 weeks of each other. Spending another $160 so soon isn't something I'm prepared to do, especially for a new IP(I would in a heartbeat if it was Uncharted).

I mean, I'm a huge Bioshock fan, and I'm already contemplating dropping my Songbird preorder and just going with the premium for the same reason... An extra $70 for a statue just feels excessive when I'm already spending so much money.

**EDIT**

Here's the link to the picture I was talking about, definitely not a closeup, but I feel I don't see something that's worth $100+

http://www.google.co...Bw&dur=300/img]

Mixer23.png

#3546 GeorgeCostanza

GeorgeCostanza

Hangin Tough

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

This is back in stock. I went in yesterday and they confirmed to me that the pre orders have been shut off. I wish I could resist. This is 172 bucks with tax. More than likely they will release more and this will get clearanced out. :(
Posted Image

#3547 shadylane

shadylane

Believe...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:11 AM

SAVER should work on this CE right?

Shadylane310.png

33836.png

#3548 Sharkey1337

Sharkey1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:14 AM

SAVER should work on this CE right?

Yep, worked for me. Total was $166.75 online for me.

#3549 shadylane

shadylane

Believe...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:14 AM

Great,

Messaged them so they can correct this.

Yep, worked for me. Total was around $167 online.

Shadylane310.png

33836.png

#3550 iwasbor3dz

iwasbor3dz

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:44 AM

It looks like the the Metal Gear Rising Limited Edition Xbox 360 version is sold out online for Gamestop.

#3551 SkiLLs7984

SkiLLs7984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:49 AM

Heres a closer pic of the Pandemic Edition. If the links work it should allow you to zoom once and get a better idea of the detail. Still not the greatest view of it but better than the thumbnails provided so far.

https://i.minus.com/ibeWJndeHSnor7.jpg

#3552 SkiLLs7984

SkiLLs7984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:51 AM

I can't find the picture anymore, but wasn't really a closeup, just a bit more zoomed in than what we've already seen(sorry for the exaggeration). But I'm not trying to make myself feel better about it, I'm simply not interested for that price. I've got Revengeance, Infinite, Ascension & Tomb Raider CE's all coming within 5 weeks of each other. Spending another $160 so soon isn't something I'm prepared to do, especially for a new IP(I would in a heartbeat if it was Uncharted).

I mean, I'm a huge Bioshock fan, and I'm already contemplating dropping my Songbird preorder and just going with the premium for the same reason... An extra $70 for a statue just feels excessive when I'm already spending so much money.

**EDIT**

Here's the link to the picture I was talking about, definitely not a closeup, but I feel I don't see something that's worth $100+

http://www.google.co...Bw&dur=300/img]

I totally understand my friend. I dont have QUITE as many as you preordered, but thats just simply cause me and my wife along with friends are headed to florida for a couple weeks for a disneyworld trip. Trying not to put myself in the dog house TOO much by spending what would be vacation money on video games, hehe.

Question for yourself, you say your a huge Bioshock fan, I am as well just didnt get into collecting things outside of simply the game till a little later. Im looking for the Big Daddy figure NECA put out, do you have one or luckily even a second one that youd mind selling or trading? I cringe when I see the $100 prices on Amazon.

#3553 htz

htz

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:10 AM

Heres a closer pic of the Pandemic Edition. If the links work it should allow you to zoom once and get a better idea of the detail. Still not the greatest view of it but better than the thumbnails provided so far.

https://i.minus.com/ibeWJndeHSnor7.jpg

From that pic zoomed in, Ellie's face doesn't look like Ellie...

#3554 tsa4lyfe

tsa4lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:30 AM

Post-Pandemic back in stock to pre-order at gamestop.com! Go go go if you were on the fence! http://www.gamestop....-edition/107705

#3555 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:29 AM

To be fair, that picture wasn't meant to be seen in that resolution, not really fair to udge it by its pixelated zoom.

#3556 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Judoka on a CAG Hiatus due to new job

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:00 AM

-snip-

All you had to do was check their website to find out.

thanks, does that mean I can pre-order at the physical location?

Tradelist   (mostly Nintendo / Sony)  

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

gallery_474050_8161_75125.jpg

Designed by Lilchiji

#3557 Prison Mike

Prison Mike

Don't Drop The Soap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:08 AM

Gamestop CE's supplies are a joke.

Take the Walking Dead CE for example. Preorders were sold out for awhile for both consoles. Launch day comes and behold 800+ copies available on their website and still plenty available in my stores.

If you miss out on a Post-Pandemic preorder, do not worry. I can almost assure you there will be many online or leftovers in store especially at that price.

#3558 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:09 AM

thanks, does that mean I can pre-order at the physical location?

Yeah you should be good to go since it's still available for pre-order online.

#3559 Namzor

Namzor

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:27 AM

I wonder, since petitions are so popular these days, can we start one to add the Artbook to the PPE? I would have no issues then.

#3560 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:36 PM

Like someone said it's pixelated or whatever but yeah I want to see a better pic of that because she does look pretty off there.

#3561 SkiLLs7984

SkiLLs7984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

Gamestop CE's supplies are a joke.

Take the Walking Dead CE for example. Preorders were sold out for awhile for both consoles. Launch day comes and behold 800+ copies available on their website and still plenty available in my stores.

If you miss out on a Post-Pandemic preorder, do not worry. I can almost assure you there will be many online or leftovers in store especially at that price.

Aside from your store that seems to have a truckload of them can you point me in a direction where I can find one at the original MSRP? Cause they are sold out online at any location and no stores around here in all of arizona have them. On eBay they are still going for above MSRP.

You fail to realize that people preorder things when they are announced and either forget about them or dont have the funds at the time Gamestops site tries to process the order. It happens EVERY WHERE. So yes, they were sold out originally, but when the game releases and a hundreds of cards try to get processed and cant be due to funds not available then those copies go back on sale. That does make sense right?

It only took a few days and the item was sold out AGAIN. So your source of information as to why every Gamestop CE exclusive is a joke and always available is honestly laughable. Use common sense and while your at it find me a Assassins Creed 2 limited edition and Bioshock 1 limited edition and a Walking Dead limited edition if you dont mind.

#3562 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:38 PM

It's been my experience that Gamestop exclusive CEs have a much higher chance on going up in value than ones that are available elsewhere. A little bit of anecdotal evidence of the stores around one area really doesn't mean squat.

Check out my YouTube channel for collection updates, games industry discussion, and game analysis!
http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

My Blog for more in depth looks at video games (and even anime!): http://helldestroyer77.blogspot.com/

#3563 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

I found you the Walking Dead CE! There is 1 xbox version and 3 ps3 near me. lol

I think the WD CE was over priced unless you wanted the book inside. Either you want a CE or you don't. You have to decide sooner rather than later now that they're tired of holding onto these things. If I had known who was making the Last of Us PPE statue, I would have jumped on this much sooner. My fault on that. Either way it sucks I can't preorder in-store when it says I can online.

#3564 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

It seems nobody is preordering the Naruto CE?

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#3565 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:22 PM

It seems nobody is preordering the Naruto CE?

It's not really a "CE". It's just the standard game with a few extra items of dubious quality shipped along with it for an additional $20 plus shipping and the hassle of dealing with Digital River.

#3566 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

It's not really a "CE". It's just the standard game with a few extra items of dubious quality shipped along with it for an additional $20 plus shipping and the hassle of dealing with Digital River.

I'm just curious who else is interested in it, no need to get :bomb: at me, I don't decide the content or pricing.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#3567 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Judoka on a CAG Hiatus due to new job

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

Yeah you should be good to go since it's still available for pre-order online.

Thanks, Ill have to do go unlocked and preorder :D

Tradelist   (mostly Nintendo / Sony)  

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

gallery_474050_8161_75125.jpg

Designed by Lilchiji

#3568 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

Tom Clancy Splinter Cell blah blah blah with big ass r/c airplane
http://www.amazon.co..._ecc_rvi_cart_2
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#3569 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

I'm just curious who else is interested in it, no need to get :bomb: at me, I don't decide the content or pricing.

I'm not mad, I'm just trying to explain why most people in this thread probably didn't bother with the preorder on that particular package.

#3570 Gators300

Gators300

The Right Thing... What Is It?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:18 AM

I saw someone post that they received their Dead Space 3 Dev Edition today. Anyone else get it? I still don't have a shipping confirmation for mine.
"You know, my heart is beating incredibly fast, I must be experiencing absolute terror!"