Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5516 replies to this topic

#3961 ninjalunchbox79

ninjalunchbox79

WTF?!?!?!?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:37 AM

I have a question , I've been outta the loop for a while due to training. Is there anyway that I can get my hands on the Bioshock Infinite Songbird edition? Obviously I can't preorder cuz it comes out next week , but wouldn't there be extras at Best Buy , WalMart ... hell somewhere?? I'd even settle for the premium edition at this point. Any help or ideas would be awesome ... thanks

#3962 DanteWarrior

DanteWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:42 AM

Bioshock infinite premium edition is still available at Amazon.
As for Songbird, I can bet that some of these will appear at launch(cancelled pre-orders etc). Keep an eye at Amazon & gamestop

#3963 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:49 AM

I thought GameStop had songbird just few days ago. People were reporting it in this thread and it generated zero interest and discussion.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#3964 ninjalunchbox79

ninjalunchbox79

WTF?!?!?!?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:51 AM

I stopped by Gamestop after work ...... songbird was a no go. I dispise Gamestop cuz everytime I do go in .... the damn employes don't know Jack Squat.

#3965 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:53 AM

I thought GameStop had songbird just few days ago. People were reporting it in this thread and it generated zero interest and discussion.

They have been sold out in-store for a month or two. It was available on the website again up until a few days ago.

#3966 ninjalunchbox79

ninjalunchbox79

WTF?!?!?!?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:29 AM

Thinking about just getting the Premium off of Amazon ..... if I don't open it could I take it back to some store that has a songbird edition & pay the differnce??

#3967 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:45 AM

Thinking about just getting the Premium off of Amazon ..... if I don't open it could I take it back to some store that has a songbird edition & pay the differnce??

Does Amazon have retail stores? The answer to your question is no.

#3968 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:24 AM

They have been sold out in-store for a month or two. It was available on the website again up until a few days ago.

If I remember correctly:
It was first up at Amazon and Gamestop, then it was sold out.

Bestbuy had it from the beginning and for a very long time, I think up until one or two weeks ago. I might be wrong on this, since I recall people having trouble ordering it in-store, however online preorders were open (or it was the other way around).

At one time I remember newegg had it.

Then Gamestop had it again several days ago, for a good couple of days, maybe even a whole week or more, I can't exactly remember.

I gave my Amazon preorder as a no-profit transfer to another CAG. It was completely non-profit, I wanted to help a CAG out, even if it means some extra effort on my end. It was on my TL for a very long time before anyone approached me.

I guess all I am trying to say is, I am really surprised at the interested that it generated now, given the limited level of "hype" it received in the past couple of days.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#3969 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:29 AM

If I remember correctly:
It was first up at Amazon and Gamestop, then it was sold out.

Bestbuy had it from the beginning and for a very long time, I think up until one or two weeks ago. I might be wrong on this, since I recall people having trouble ordering it in-store, however online preorders were open (or it was the other way around).

At one time I remember newegg had it.

Then Gamestop had it again several days ago, for a good couple of days, maybe even a whole week or more, I can't exactly remember.

I gave my Amazon preorder as a no-profit transfer to another CAG. It was completely non-profit, I wanted to help a CAG out, even if it means some extra effort on my end. It was on my TL for a very long time before anyone approached me.

I guess all I am trying to say is, I am really surprised at the interested that it generated now, given the limited level of "hype" it received in the past couple of days.

BB Online was sold out for a really long time, so it must have been instore preorders only.

Anyway, I just have a feeling this game isn't going to be all that everyone thinks it will be. I am going to sit back on this one and wait for it's inevitable quick price drops. (If I am lucky, it will end up like the Bioshock 2 CE's)

xivpads.png

#3970 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:49 AM

BB Online was sold out for a really long time, so it must have been instore preorders only.

Anyway, I just have a feeling this game isn't going to be all that everyone thinks it will be. I am going to sit back on this one and wait for it's inevitable quick price drops. (If I am lucky, it will end up like the Bioshock 2 CE's)

bioshock infinite will most likely hurt in sales, because of the the delay in release date.

#3971 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:53 AM

The problem is that retailers are no longer ordering massive quantities of expensive CEs. In fact, I believe Best Buy will not be getting additional copies beyond whatever is preordered in each store or for store pickup. I don't think any other brick and mortar retailer except for GS is even carrying this. Every other retailer was on-line only and has been sold out for a while. So while I don't think this is going to become super valuable, it is going to be about as hard to get as the Borderlands 2 Loot Chest IMHO and will never be available for less than MSRP.

I would also note that IGN's review just came out and they gave it a 9.5. It is definitely going to sell well.

#3972 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:09 AM

The problem is that retailers are no longer ordering massive quantities of expensive CEs. In fact, I believe Best Buy will not be getting additional copies beyond whatever is preordered in each store or for store pickup. I don't think any other brick and mortar retailer except for GS is even carrying this. Every other retailer was on-line only and has been sold out for a while. So while I don't think this is going to become super valuable, it is going to be about as hard to get as the Borderlands 2 Loot Chest IMHO and will never be available for less than MSRP.

I would also note that IGN's review just came out and they gave it a 9.5. It is definitely going to sell well.

This will be hard to find but I don't think it will be as difficult as the Loot Chest. I would expect one of the major retailers, if not Fry's, to have it available to order shortly before or after release (albeit limited quantities)

I do agree with you about B&M stores and Collector's editions. Since Black Ops 2 and AC3 released in November I haven't seen a single major retailer carry any physical stock of Collector's Editions---that weren't originally preordered. The only except was Tomb Raider.

I just think they don't want that stuff hanging around taking up shelf space until people pick it up on clearance. I know it sucks for the bargain hunters but I hope it makes the publishers get more creative and make their CE's actually limited or available for preorder only.

#3973 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:12 AM

This will be hard to find but I don't think it will be as difficult as the Loot Chest. I would expect one of the major retailers, if not Fry's, to have it available to order shortly before or after release (albeit limited quantities)

I do agree with you about B&M stores and Collector's editions. Since Black Ops 2 and AC3 released in November I haven't seen a single major retailer carry any physical stock of Collector's Editions---that weren't originally preordered. The only except was Tomb Raider.

I just think they don't want that stuff hanging around taking up shelf space until people pick it up on clearance. I know it sucks for the bargain hunters but I hope it makes the publishers get more creative and make their CE's actually limited or available for preorder only.

don't forget about alien colonial marines collectors edition. That will def get clearanced, LOL

#3974 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:15 AM

don't forget about alien colonial marines collectors edition. That will def get clearanced, LOL

Right. I'm not saying items won't hit clearances but they're not getting carried by physical B&M stores. I think Aliens: CM CE might go as low as $29.99 but it will be on .com sites.

The only place I even saw that was at a GS and again it was unclaimed preorders.

#3975 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:18 AM

newegg still has the songbird on x360

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16874113066

#3976 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:26 AM

Right. I'm not saying items won't hit clearances but they're not getting carried by physical B&M stores. I think Aliens: CM CE might go as low as $29.99 but it will be on .com sites.

The only place I even saw that was at a GS and again it was unclaimed preorders.

i think it will probably be gone by then when it hits $29.99, with all the alien franchise fanboys.

#3977 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:58 AM

As difficult as the loot chest? I would disagree since the loot chest showed signs of rarity rather early on, and across all platforms. As someone pointed out, it's still available at newegg for the 360 version, simply swap out the game since the statue is individually packaged.

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#3978 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:45 AM

Bioshock infinite premium edition is still available at Amazon.
As for Songbird, I can bet that some of these will appear at launch(cancelled pre-orders etc). Keep an eye at Amazon & gamestop

yes it almost always comes back in stock after release..

There will always be the canceled orders but I think they pretend it's out of stock so that when it comes back in stock people are irrational and purchase immediately because they think it's more rare than it is.

#3979 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:48 AM

newegg still has the songbird on x360

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16874113066

wow thanks for this.. I just searched for it today and it says "sold out" in the search page but if you click on it it's still there.. they must have just got it back in stock but I wouldn't expect it to last long.. they've been going in and out of stock with it.

#3980 htz

htz

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:09 AM

As someone pointed out, it's still available at newegg for the 360 version, simply swap out the game since the statue is individually packaged.

Not anymore...

#3981 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:03 PM

Not anymore...

must have just been someone who canceled. I see that happen often so if you still need it just keep refreshing...

#3982 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:20 PM

Gamestop
http://www.gamestop....-edition/106154

#3983 nJoy7

nJoy7

Wait, what?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:46 PM

Irrational Games has it in stock as well!

LINK

Be sure to check out with PayPal though (CC is getting denied -- I don't think it's just me either).

Enjoy!

Atypical+Nate.png 3410326351.png

#3984 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:06 PM

Gamestop
http://www.gamestop....-edition/106154

I see this is still available as I'm making this post.

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#3985 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:00 PM

I see this is still available as I'm making this post.

It's been going in and out for the last three days. I suspect it's because GS has begun authorizing credit cards for shipping and some orders are slowly being cancelled.

#3986 I OU a Beatn

I OU a Beatn

GO GATORS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:53 AM

I chatted with an Amazon representative about why the estimated arrival date for the Ultimate Songbird Edition is on the 28th, and he told me that their shipment from the distributor had been delayed, so apparently no one will be getting them until the 28th, even with the 2 day shipping option.

Just a note that he offered me a $10 promo credit for my inconvenience. I turned it down, but if you feel slighted by getting it a few days later, it may be something worth exploring.

630736.png

#3987 wmoran27

wmoran27

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:12 AM

If you pre-order Destiny at Gamestop you get a huge ass poster
Posted Image

Posted Image

#3988 zerobscure

zerobscure

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:15 AM

If you pre-order Destiny at Gamestop you get a huge ass poster

Do you know if she's wearing a thong or she's completely bare?

#3989 Banana Peel Assassin

Banana Peel Assassin

RIP Arcade Infinity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:14 PM

LINK

Be sure to check out with PayPal though (CC is getting denied -- I don't think it's just me either).

Enjoy!

It's not working for either CC or PayPal...

...eh, guess I'll just try my luck at the Irrational launch event.

- StayFree( ' 3')

store coming soon (sample: 1 2 3)

12/5

#3990 Veridis_Quo

Veridis_Quo

VAIR-RID-DIS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:32 PM

LINK

Enjoy!

It seems the PS3 version is sold out. I've noticed with every retailer that carried the Songbird Edition the PS3 version is always first to sell out. That version may be the more rarer out of the three.