Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5516 replies to this topic

#4591 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:34 AM

^ I know this... that's why I said it has a "CEish name".

Point being it's a game that people pick up and play and have fun with and forget about. It's not (at least to me) a game that people get all excited about and buy up merchandise and swag. To me it certainly doesn't quite fit into a AAA branding and it falls short of having a cult following too.

it because gta brand had dominated the genre of open-world/ sandbox type games, and set the standard. That is why every new open world / sandbox type games will be view as copy-cat / clones of gta.

#4592 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:10 AM

So today i decided to add one rule to my CE purchases. It MUST come with statues. So i can display them

No statues + very little interest on game= no buy

Decided to sell many CEs on ebay today to make space. Check out my thread in tge auction forum :)

Anyway, the next 3 CEs im excited about are watch dogs, arkham origins, splinter cell blacklist. Im excited as hell for blacklist. Spy cs merc is back!

#4593 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:17 AM

^ I guess that means that AZ didn't get all 5,000.

I'm really into collecting and kind of kicking myself that I didn't preorder this right away when I saw the thread but SR isn't really a franchise that has the type of following that will pay out the butt for a CE. I mean SR3 only had one CE and those had to be heavily discounted to move units.

Now they've got at least two in the states and even the standard edition is getting a CEish name (Commander in Chief Edition) so I don't really expect demand to be that high.

BUT I've been wrong before.

It seems to me that 5,000 is a pretty conservative estimate for this CE because as you said, it's not quite a AAA title.  But I imagine 5,000 would be pretty easy for them to move at least.  I'm sure the SR3 CE was made in a significantly higher print run than this one.

If the other retailers don't get a big allotment of the CE, maybe this CE becomes super valuable?

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered, Destiny

:360: Gears of War 3

#4594 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:25 AM

Goddamnit!!

jimx.jpg

Xzone exclusive. One batch. Only in czech republic. Very very limited. Total comes out to $133

#4595 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:41 AM

Game's deluxe edition includes the same steelbook, (seems to be the same packaging as the Gears Judgment LE they offered. I have an unboxing of that if anyone is curious =P). I hate it that this steelbook only seems to be released in 7th gen copies of the game so far. There will also be a Futureshop Canada steelbook for the game. Hopefully that will be G2 now that the 8th gen consoles have G2 cases. Essentially, one must buy G1 steelbooks and 7th gen copies of the game in order to keep up with all the steels released for this game. I look forward to this transition period being over.

http://www.game.co.u...m=battlefield 4

Battlefield4Deluxe360Lge.jpg

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#4596 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:56 AM

Yea im only interested in the steelbook. If it comes with a statue, then thats a different story lol.

so much win today. just snagged myself a PS3 version of Deus Ex Human Revolution Collectors Edition for $111 on amazon.co.uk

it comes with an Adam Jensen play arts figure, and a really nice case. the figure alone is worth $150ish now. crossing fingers it doesnt arrive damaged.

I have a 360 though and not a PS3, but the case comes with a slip cover, which I will throw away.

in case you guys are interested (since this is limited and rare, unlike the Augmented Edition), you can get your hands on it from 3rd party sellers at amazon for around and under $150. Most will not ship internationally, but i suggest you contact the seller to make an exception.

http://www.amazon.co...ector's edition

also, like I said earlier, the case comes with a slip cover, so if you have a ps3 and not a 360, just throw it away and replace the discs inside. check out the unboxing videos on youtube.

and since the Adam Jensen figure is not produced anymore, and this edition is limited, the value will go up.

anyway, now i need to get my hands on the Blacklist silver edition. Ill be happy if I can just get the steelbook and figure.

edit: sorry for bad grammar. it's 5am and i'm trying to fall back to sleep, but cant.

#4597 tweeb

tweeb

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:55 PM

SR4: Game of the Generation Edition is sold out already at Amazon. At least for now.

Glad I got my order in. Hope others did too.

Ah damn it and today was payday for me. >__<

If anyone has a spare pre-order I'd be willing to buy it from you within reason.

#4598 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:12 PM

Ah damn it and today was payday for me. >__<

If anyone has a spare pre-order I'd be willing to buy it from you within reason.

Not to rub it in, but preordering doesn't charge you, so you didn't have to wait for payday.

It might come back, so keep refreshing.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#4599 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:48 PM

Goddamnit!!

jimx.jpg

Xzone exclusive. One batch. Only in czech republic. Very very limited. Total comes out to $133

God damn it, indeed.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#4600 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:55 PM

saints row iv generation edition back in stock at amazon

#4601 tweeb

tweeb

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:27 PM

Ah thank Gat! Went to my nearest rite-aid and bought a giftcard as soon as I read the update. Thanks guys.

#4602 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR- suplexrepeat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:00 PM

gamestop.com will have a limited number of SRIv:GotG sometime tonight, according to the official SR Twitter feed. Also you can't preorder the WubWub edition from GS anymore.

uc.png

#4603 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:04 PM

gamestop.com will have a limited number of SRIv:GotG sometime tonight, according to the official SR Twitter feed. Also you can't preorder the WubWub edition from GS anymore.

it is still available online tho

#4604 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:19 PM

Guess ill try to order in store, rather there than Amazon
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4605 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:22 PM

Guess ill try to order in store, rather there than Amazon

the generation edition is not up yet,  not until later tonight probably

#4606 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:31 PM

the generation edition is not up yet,  not until later tonight probably

It's up:

http://www.amazon.co...0/dp/B00E4QOEFS

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#4607 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:33 PM

I already ordered at Amazon. I want at GS instead
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4608 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:40 PM

I already ordered at Amazon. I want at GS instead

same here, i got tons of credit at gs i want to use

#4609 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:18 AM

not sure when this will be available for preorder 

WWE 2k14

The collector's edition will feature the game and these extras:

* Exclusive Undertaker packaging in the shape of a coffin

* "American Badass" The Undertaker (with special entrance and gear) and The Ultimate Warrior DLC

* Undertaker controller skin

* DVD/Blu-ray feature on The Undertaker

* Collectible art card signed by The Undertaker

BQhiwv3CcAANz9e.jpg

#4610 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:22 AM

not sure when this will be available for preorder 

WWE 2k14

The collector's edition will feature the game and these extras:

* Exclusive Undertaker packaging in the shape of a coffin

* "American Badass" The Undertaker (with special entrance and gear) and The Ultimate Warrior DLC

* Undertaker controller skin

* DVD/Blu-ray feature on The Undertaker

* Collectible art card signed by The Undertaker

BQhiwv3CcAANz9e.jpg

So is this actually going to be available at retailers this time? The Stone Cold edition last year was exclusive to THQ's online store. Will 2K do something similar?

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#4611 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:27 AM

Game's deluxe edition includes the same steelbook, (seems to be the same packaging as the Gears Judgment LE they offered. I have an unboxing of that if anyone is curious =P). I hate it that this steelbook only seems to be released in 7th gen copies of the game so far. There will also be a Futureshop Canada steelbook for the game. Hopefully that will be G2 now that the 8th gen consoles have G2 cases. Essentially, one must buy G1 steelbooks and 7th gen copies of the game in order to keep up with all the steels released for this game. I look forward to this transition period being over.

http://www.game.co.u...m=battlefield 4

Battlefield4Deluxe360Lge.jpg

Is this for US also? This ad is for the PAL version, and they usually get MANY more Steelbooks than the US.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#4612 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:24 AM

Is this for US also? This ad is for the PAL version, and they usually get MANY more Steelbooks than the US.

Most likely not going to be released in the US. Anyone who is a steel collector is no stranger to importing, though, and Game ships to the US. This is just a smaller, nicer, cheaper alternative to get this steel rather than the CE from the Czech Republic that was posted just before it.

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#4613 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:10 AM

If you cant get the steelbooks here. Try amazon.co.uk for steelbooks. Sometimes theyre cheaper than buying one from ebay.

Im trying to get my hands on an Arkham City steelbook. Theyre sold for around 7 pounds. Problem is most sellers didnt set their listings to allow international buyers, so im contacting them one by one.

I managed to convince a seller to ship deus ex HR CE (non augmented edition) internationally.

#4614 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:28 PM

So is this actually going to be available at retailers this time? The Stone Cold edition last year was exclusive to THQ's online store. Will 2K do something similar?

you can preorder it at wweshop.com but the shipping cost is $10 :(

#4615 outerfox

outerfox

Allow Ants Peas

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:43 PM

It's at Amazon right now. $100 tag on it. I don't feel it's worth it as it doesn't come with Fan Axxess pass. But who knows, maybe I'll change my mind later.

#4616 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:48 PM

it is also available at gamestop now, the

WWE 2K14 Phenom Edition

WWE 2K14 Phenom Edition

#4617 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:37 PM

I ordered 3 of the tales of xillia collectors edition on amazon. The order confirmation I got says I ordered 3 of them. I went to my order details and it was changed to 1. I never got a notice from amazon that they changed my order, did this happen to anyone else that bought more than 1 of them or was it just me?

#4618 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:44 PM

I ordered 3 of the tales of xillia collectors edition on amazon. The order confirmation I got says I ordered 3 of them. I went to my order details and it was changed to 1. I never got a notice from amazon that they changed my order, did this happen to anyone else that bought more than 1 of them or was it just me?

That happened to a number of people I believe.  

#4619 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:47 PM

That happened to a number of people I believe.  

thanks for letting me know.. do you have a link of where people were talking about it? I'm trying to decide if I should contact amazon about it or just leave it alone and deal with it.

#4620 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:44 PM

Changed to one order? Or totally cancelled?. I had 2 orders for months and no problem
Posted ImagePosted Image