Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5516 replies to this topic

#5011 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:49 AM

Pretty much your last chance:
  Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Collector's Edition - Playstation 3

About 38 left at time of post.  Go at it CAGs.

thanks, hopefully others who missed out are able to see this

#5012 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:53 AM

Yall better jump on that XIV CE if you want it. That thing ended up being way rarer than I expected, and it was a pretty awesome CE.

Only thing I hated was the dinky little soundtrack (With only like 6 songs). I ended up buying the full one because this game has such epic music.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#5013 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:14 AM

But the game is online only or something isnt it?

EDIT: screw it, I ordered one. I had $10 from GoW to use and a random $3 promo credit.

#5014 jr1016

jr1016

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:02 AM

Remember back in the day (3 months ago) when CEs cost under $100?

How about a year or 2 ago when it used to be $80.

I bought all the Assasins Creed CE but thinking twice about the new one.

Dariel16.png

#5015 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:46 AM

WTF is with that DS2 statue?  Out of all the badass armor that game has ever seen, they pick the most generic level 1 armor to put on a statue?  If it really is $120 then I'm passing, which sucks because I'd love to have a nice CE for that game for once.

#5016 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:30 PM

Just an FYI Arkham Origins CE is sold out on Amazon and Gamestop.  Best Buy still has it available though.

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Red Dead, Ghosts :xb1: Watch Dogs

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead S2

#5017 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:16 PM

Just an FYI Arkham Origins CE is sold out on Amazon and Gamestop.  Best Buy still has it available though.

it will be back in stock at amazon, once release date comes.

#5018 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:17 PM

OOS at newegg too

I dunno I have a feeling warner bros asks them to go "out of stock" so it looks like it's limited, then bring it back later to get more demand and people to buy it

which is what i feel like GTA V special edition is doing right now

#5019 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:22 PM

OOS at newegg too

I dunno I have a feeling warner bros asks them to go "out of stock" so it looks like it's limited, then bring it back later to get more demand and people to buy it

which is what i feel like GTA V special edition is doing right now

more likely cancelled orders

#5020 Twitter

Twitter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:59 PM

Sold my GTA SE code for $45. Not to be rude or anything, but some people are idiots. I guess this makes up for the paint chips on the steelbook. I wasn't even planning on using the code anyways. The game is so packed with stuff I probably won't see everything the game has to offer anyways, so why anyone would want a few extra clothes & tattoos is beyond me.

#5021 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:22 PM

Sold my GTA SE code for $45. Not to be rude or anything, but some people are idiots. I guess this makes up for the paint chips on the steelbook. I wasn't even planning on using the code anyways. The game is so packed with stuff I probably won't see everything the game has to offer anyways, so why anyone would want a few extra clothes & tattoos is beyond me.

I agree. I sold mine for $20 more, which is just baffling. I think I can get enough enjoyment out of the game without those extras. ;)

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle; MGS3 HD  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Rogue Legacy
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/28]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Extreme] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#5022 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:03 PM

The best dlc were the uncharted 2 codes and zombie codes from blops. UC2 were glitched at BB so they would ring up free with another preorder like R&C, Tekken, Lego rockband, etc. The blops CEs were like $80 at BB (and I think there was a b2g1 sale too) and the zombie codes would sell for $100-$125 each.

#5023 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:11 PM

Sold mine for $50, but $65 for Vigilante!!! I think it's just because I don't have very high feedback on eBay. Still, a little more than $30 for the Game, Steelbook, and Map isn't bad for Day One purchase

#5024 Twitter

Twitter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:30 AM

Sold mine for $50, but $65 for Vigilante!!! I think it's just because I don't have very high feedback on eBay. Still, a little more than $30 for the Game, Steelbook, and Map isn't bad for Day One purchase

Who/what is Vigilante?

#5025 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:32 AM

Who/what is Vigilante?

http://www.cheapassg...ese/?p=11076179

#5026 Twitter

Twitter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:35 AM

Oh okay.

Lol someone paid $65? That's hilarious considering for $15 more they could've bought the entire SE at Amazon which has it in stock. 

#5027 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:02 AM

Oh okay.

Lol someone paid $65? That's hilarious considering for $15 more they could've bought the entire SE at Amazon which has it in stock. 

Dude, I was surprised, too (to be fair, though, I don't think the SE was in stock at the time my DLC sold). I don't even have that high feedback on eBay (22 ratings, at 100%). I had a little drama over the trustworthiness of the transaction, but it's all good now.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle; MGS3 HD  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Rogue Legacy

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

#5028 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:04 AM

Dude, I was surprised, too (to be fair, though, I don't think the SE was in stock at the time my DLC sold). I don't even have that high feedback on eBay (22 ratings, at 100%). I had a little drama over the trustworthiness of the transaction, but it's all good now.

Even if you get feedback, you can still get hit with a chargeback.  Months ago a friend got hit with a $30 paypal charge as well when the dlc sold for around $12!

PM for BB GCU and Elite+ services!

#5029 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:17 AM

Even if you get feedback, you can still get hit with a chargeback.  Months ago a friend got hit with a $30 paypal charge as well when the dlc sold for around $12!

Wait...what's a chargeback? Would this be something the buyer would trigger? He didn't leave me feedback yet (unless it takes about 24 hours to appear, in which case I might see it tomorrow).

I really don't want to stress over this any more... :bomb:

Cloud_Squall78.png

#5030 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:23 AM

Wait...what's a chargeback? Would this be something the buyer would trigger? He didn't leave me feedback yet (unless it takes about 24 hours to appear, in which case I might see it tomorrow).

You can get chargebacks, which are opened through a Credit Card or Bank (not through eBay or PayPal) for INR and SNADs just like on eBay but there is generally no restriction on when they can be opened (I've had one opened 9 months after a purchase).

Typically though the most common charge back is Unauthorized Use---meaning the account holder wasn't aware that his card was being used to make the purchase.

To be protected against an unauthorized use chargeback you MUST show proof of shipping to the address on the PayPal invoice (see section 11.3C of the PayPal user agreement).

You don't necessarily need to show the item was delivered but you do need to show it was shipped. If you don't ship it you will automatically lose. If you ship it to an alternative address you will lose---even if it was delivered. If you ship it but don't have solid proof it went to the address on the invoice you will lose. That is why I always staple my label receipts (i print through eBay labels) to my PayPal invoices and then file them

#5031 T1NY

T1NY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:30 AM

Are a lot of people confirming the steelbook chips?

#5032 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:38 AM

I really don't want to stress over this any more... :bomb:

if you're selling to the USA you won't get a chargeback. Those are so rare..If there is any problem they will just use the ebay resolution center.  International is a different story though. 

just get tracking and you will be fine.

#5033 Twitter

Twitter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:53 AM

if you're selling to the USA you won't get a chargeback. Those are so rare..If there is any problem they will just use the ebay resolution center.  International is a different story though. 

Lol I just sent the guy the code through email. I made it specific that I wouldn't actually be sending the paper. 

#5034 ragingst0rm6

ragingst0rm6

Savior, Conquerer, Hero, Villain.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:59 AM

In case anyone is interested, Fry's has a clearance sale going on that includes some Collector's Editions (most, if not all are In-Store only):

CAG thread

:ps3:PS3 Injustice CE $35

:360:360 Injustice CE $35

:ps3:PS3 Defiance CE $25

:ps3:PS3 Bioshock Infinite Premium Edition $40

:360:360 Splinter Cell: Blacklist CE $70 (the RC Paladin Aircraft edition)

:ps3:PS3 Splinter Cell: Blacklist CE $70 (the RC Paladin Aircraft edition)

:ps3:PS3 Max Payne 3 SE $25

:360:360 Max Payne 3 SE $25

:ps3:PS3 Aliens: Colonial Marines CE $17.45

:360:360 Gears of War 3 LE $20

#5035 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:03 AM

Lol I just sent the guy the code through email. I made it specific that I wouldn't actually be sending the paper. 

nothing wrong with that, but if you're worried about being protected you have no protection emailing it

#5036 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:04 AM

Just an FYI Arkham Origins CE is sold out on Amazon and Gamestop. Best Buy still has it available though.

I was planing on picking it up, but then i learned about this, and changed my mind.

29559_589233321138662_1384691597_n.jpg
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

I know it was posted already but its just so badass.

Costs $500. $430ish if lucky

#5037 jr1016

jr1016

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:53 AM

if you're selling to the USA you won't get a chargeback. Those are so rare..If there is any problem they will just use the ebay resolution center. International is a different story though.

Sorry to get this thread OT but I sold my SE DLC also but the funds says it has 21 day hold through Paypal eventhough the buyer already left a positive feedback, anyone know about that?

What's also weird is that it says the buyer is from Singapore but the address listed is in Oregon. All the writing on the paypal payment was not in English. I sold a few DLC's on eBay before but this is the only one that I'm worried about.

Dariel16.png

#5038 kitsunisan

kitsunisan

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:27 AM

I'd be too worried about selling dlc on ebay, how easy would it be for a buyer to use the code and claim it didn't work?  The one time I did was the flaming helmet code from Reach, got $40 for it, but it just seems like too much of a potential headache.

#5039 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:09 AM

Sorry to get this thread OT but I sold my SE DLC also but the funds says it has 21 day hold through Paypal eventhough the buyer already left a positive feedback, anyone know about that?

What's also weird is that it says the buyer is from Singapore but the address listed is in Oregon. All the writing on the paypal payment was not in English. I sold a few DLC's on eBay before but this is the only one that I'm worried about.

Paypal has a somewhat new restriction in place that goes something like a 21 day paypal withdrawal restriction if you aren't a powerseller or have a consistent history with eBay.  The idea is to prevent scammers from creating new eBay accounts and withdrawing funds before eBay becoming alerted to any INR resolution cases.  Over time that restriction will be lifted but for now you have to unfortunately wait the 21 days.  I think the positive feedback helps reduce the 21 day wait but I don't remember by how much.  Yeah that exception makes no sense.  Sometimes Paypal has some idiotic policies.

I'd be too worried about selling dlc on ebay, how easy would it be for a buyer to use the code and claim it didn't work?  The one time I did was the flaming helmet code from Reach, got $40 for it, but it just seems like too much of a potential headache.

Any scammer will be 99% successful.  It's just how often you'll personally run into one. 

Now playing:

:ps4: Destiny
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 3

#5040 Twitter

Twitter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:50 PM

nothing wrong with that, but if you're worried about being protected you have no protection emailing it

I sent it through the ebay system. The buyer immediately sent me a message "So when do I get the code?" and I sent the code 5 mins after, and it's been 2 days. I think I'm safe.