Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5516 replies to this topic

#5041 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:04 PM

Isn't there something about not selling DLC on ebay due to rules?  I remember around the mortal kombat time people talking about it basically saying its a risk you take emailing it through ebay because of that.  That's why I never even bothered.

#5042 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:55 PM

Isn't there something about not selling DLC on ebay due to rules?  I remember around the mortal kombat time people talking about it basically saying its a risk you take emailing it through ebay because of that.  That's why I never even bothered.

Yes, there is but eBay doesn't enforce it very well. Plus, you can usually get away with it if you physically send the code card or a photocopy of the code to the buyer via mail. 

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#5043 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:36 PM

Yeah, I think they made it official about a year ago about dlc. They have always pulled beta codes though. They must have some sort of ninja system to detect the word beta or something. I used to list my beta codes for like $1 just so someone would use them (because I wouldn't) and I could get a positive feedback, but ebay definitely does not allow you to sell beta codes. DLC is still a grey area, but technically I think they changed it about a year ago when they changed some other stuff like free bonus items and gift items.

#5044 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:24 PM

thanks, hopefully others who missed out are able to see this

damn how did I miss this again :(

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#5045 lh1

lh1

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:45 PM

Hello, I am new here. Could I know the estimated value (in USD if possible) for the Collector's Edition DLC for GTA V ?

#5046 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:10 PM

Hello, I am new here. Could I know the estimated value (in USD if possible) for the Collector's Edition DLC for GTA V ?

Just check eBay and look at the prices there. Should go around $70-90.

Never mind, it seems like the DLC is around $100 now.
  • lh1 likes this

#5047 lh1

lh1

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:15 PM

Just check eBay and look at the prices there. Should go around $70-90.

Never mind, it seems like the DLC is around $100 now.

Thank you for the advice. However, I just looked at the post above and it says it's not allowed to sell DLCs on ebay. Is there anywhere that allows me to sell DLC legally online ?

#5048 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:16 PM

Thank you for the advice. However, I just looked at the post above and it says it's not allowed to sell DLCs on ebay. Is there anywhere that allows me to sell DLC legally online ?

It says you aren't supposed to, but eBay won't take it down most of the time. Just watch for scammers, although that is rare as well.
  • lh1 likes this

#5049 lh1

lh1

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:20 PM

It says you aren't supposed to, but eBay won't take it down most of the time. Just watch for scammers, although that is rare as well.

Okay, I might try. Do you know any tricks to identify who's potential scammers and who's not ?

#5050 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:21 PM

I sent it through the ebay system. The buyer immediately sent me a message "So when do I get the code?" and I sent the code 5 mins after, and it's been 2 days. I think I'm safe.

then you know nothing about ebay because you are not protected by emailing codes, even read their seller protection it says you are not protected with digital content. They don't care what your buyer says in your ebay message system.

You probably won't have the buyer do anything, but if they open any case you are not protected. It is wrong to think you are safe.

#5051 Twitter

Twitter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:32 PM

then you know nothing about ebay because you are not protected by emailing codes, even read their seller protection it says you are not protected with digital content. They don't care what your buyer says in your ebay message system.

You probably won't have the buyer do anything, but if they open any case you are not protected. It is wrong to think you are safe.

I'm talking about the fact that it's been 2 days and no complaints. The longer he waits the more obvious it is that everything went smoothly, especially since he messaged me 2 seconds after buying it.

#5052 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:32 PM

Okay, I might try. Do you know any tricks to identify who's potential scammers and who's not ?

Feedback is always the best way. I wouldn't buy from people with 0-10 feedback.

Oh, nevermind you meant for buyers. No, there is no way to tell for sure. Just hope someone with a high feedback buys your item. The rest is the luck of the draw.

• lh1 likes this

#5053 lh1

lh1

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:37 PM

Feedback is always the best way. I wouldn't buy from people with 0-10 feedback.

Oh, nevermind you meant for buyers. No, there is no way to tell for sure. Just hope someone with a high feedback buys your item. The rest is the luck of the draw.

That seems like a risk, is there anywhere else to sell DLCs online? I just noticed there's a Feedback under my profile picture, does that mean I can sell my item here? 

#5054 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:43 PM

That seems like a risk, is there anywhere else to sell DLCs online? I just noticed there's a Feedback under my profile picture, does that mean I can sell my item here? 

Yes, but I doubt many people on CAG want the DLC code for $100+

#5055 lh1

lh1

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:46 PM

Yes, but I doubt many people on CAG want the DLC code for $100+

Okay, so how much would the people on CAG normally pay for a CE DLCs?

#5056 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:51 PM

So goddamn off-topic now, but anyways:

I listed a copy of Diablo 3 for PS3 for sale on eBay and wasn't listing "DLC" or anything like that but I wanted to mention that it came with the Infernal Helm and other bonus items.

eBay didn't let me list the game until I deleted the word "Helm" from the item name, but it didn't care about "bonus" or "DLC". They have the dumbest filters ever.

Defynorz.pngPringerOtaku.png
Add me on PSN for co-op or anything

League of Legends: Defyn

#5057 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:05 AM

Dark Souls II

Black Armor Edition - Comes with steelbook and soundtrack.   (Seems like this is the 'standard' version of the game for all preorders.)

Collector's Edition - This is the Black Armor Edition plus the art book, cloth map and 12" figure.

dark_souls_2_ce.jpg

Article source.

Self quote FTW.

The CE is now up on Amazon: http://www.amazon.co...6YD2FK/15-24-20

Dill The Noise.

471350.png champloo4.png

#5058 Methoes

Methoes

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:10 AM

Hi all - There is a Facebook page that updates on what Collector's edition games\consoles are coming out.  It's worth a look and follow.  They also offer Giveaways at times.

#5059 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:14 AM

Self quote FTW.

The CE is now up on Amazon: http://www.amazon.co...6YD2FK/15-24-20

in for 30

ps3 doesn't have a standard edition but xbox does...

so do all preorders get the steelbook?

#5060 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:16 AM

Just ordered thanks. Know I cant do it at GS
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5061 shakespeare

shakespeare

The True Bard!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:25 AM

Sold My DLC for $100 earlier today. Will mail and track it for protection.

430928.png

#5062 shakespeare

shakespeare

The True Bard!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:26 AM

430928.png

#5063 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:28 AM

Did they say the Dark Souls II CE is limited or not?

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#5064 htz

htz

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:36 AM

Did they say the Dark Souls II CE is limited or not?

It says "while supplies last" in the stock photo. I'm just going to pre-order the standard edition with steelbook, not paying anything above $80 for a current gen CE.

#5065 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:08 AM

It says "while supplies last" in the stock photo. I'm just going to pre-order the standard edition with steelbook, not paying anything above $80 for a current gen CE.

Yeah...but cloth map...

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#5066 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:30 AM

Placed an order for one of each. Will decide when the time comes. I would much rather prefer a next-gen version but I doubt From has the resources for that.

Defynorz.pngPringerOtaku.png
Add me on PSN for co-op or anything

League of Legends: Defyn

#5067 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:11 PM

Just for the people who are particular, I'm pretty sure the Dark Souls II case is a metalpak, not a steelbook.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#5068 Sephiroth1089

Sephiroth1089

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:56 PM

It looks like Arkham Origins Collector's Edition is sold out on Amazon and Gamestop. I was tempted to wait for it to go on sale and then buy it but it seems like it might actually be rare.

#5069 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:44 PM

It looks like Arkham Origins Collector's Edition is sold out on Amazon and Gamestop. I was tempted to wait for it to go on sale and then buy it but it seems like it might actually be rare.

Still available on Walmart.com, but you should probably hurry.

#5070 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:04 PM

apparently bioshock infinite songbird edition is back in stock at gamestop for both ps3/xbox 360 ( who knows for how long)

http://www.gamestop....-edition/106154

http://www.gamestop....-edition/106153