Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5516 replies to this topic

#5191 outerfox

outerfox

Allow Ants Peas

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:52 PM

Is there any word on whether the NA Arkham Origins CE is actually going to be rare?  I have one paid off at Gamestop that I want for display and play, but I'd of course be willing to wait a month or 2 if the price is going to drop, even $20.

It just depends on how many were produced. I held off getting it this time cause it was $120 and was banking on another $50-60 price tag about 5 months down the line when stores start to get rid of their stock. I lucked out and snagged Injustice CE about 2 or so weeks ago at amazon for $50. Also the same for Watch Dogs and AC4. If I can snag them for even 50% off their launch price after a while, I'll be  a happy camper. :)

#5192 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:15 PM

10274025663_9bc9b17d57_z.jpg

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#5193 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:16 PM

$80 @ Amazon. http://www.amazon.co...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#5194 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:41 PM

Do not expand spoiler if you have not played Infamous 2

Spoiler

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#5195 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:46 PM

^ for whatever reason I wasn't a paying attention and thought that was a Vita CE

#5196 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:55 PM

Ordered thanks. Love Infamous
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5197 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:17 PM

Ordered thanks. Love Infamous

Same here, although Im not a huge fan of the boxart. A steelbook would've been nice too. Man, I wish this was a launch title, best looking next gen game thus far.

#5198 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:29 PM

The LE has different box art (foil treated) than the CE.

#5199 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:42 PM

Do not expand spoiler if you have not played Infamous 2

Spoiler

I believe...

Spoiler

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#5200 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:47 PM

Why is the Assassin's Creed 4 Limited Edition for the PS4 both sold out at BestBuy and GameStop??? :headache: Didn't think it was gonna be sold out this soon already....

Preorders are ALWAYS cutoff on LE a minimum of 1 month in advance of release. Sooner for high demand and/or low supply CE like Tales of Xillia, GTA V, Last of Us, etc.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
743275.png

#5201 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:49 PM

That Infamous CE sucks IMO. 2 was so much better; soundtrack, figure & the bag which I still use. Of course it helped that GS dropped the price to $60 a month after release.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
743275.png

#5202 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:52 PM

Preorders are ALWAYS cutoff on LE a minimum of 1 month in advance of release. Sooner for high demand and/or low supply CE like Tales of Xillia, GTA V, Last of Us, etc.

No they aren't.  There are tons of LE and CE games that never have preorders cut off at all.  Lately it has been a more frequent occurence as publishers have tried to more closely match demand, but its still the exception rather than the rule and it generally doesn't happen for huge releases like Batman will be.  

#5203 cbulas1

cbulas1

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:50 PM

That Infamous CE sucks IMO. 2 was so much better; soundtrack, figure & the bag which I still use. Of course it helped that GS dropped the price to $60 a month after release.

I'm also not impressed with its contents (was hoping for a figure), but I guess it's nice to see an $80 CE nowadays, what with all the $120 or more SKUs we've seen lately.

Posted Image

#5204 ryryused47

ryryused47

CAG Ultra Noob

• CAG in Training

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:10 PM

If you're still looking for Batman Arkham Origins CE, go hastings is still taking them. I've been searching every retailer for the last three days with no luck. Finally I remembered them and sure enough they were there. Good luck to all!

#5205 remag

remag

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:13 PM

No, this isn't always the case.

#5206 PetersHere

PetersHere

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:46 AM

Anyone have any clue when an unboxing video may be released for the Batman Origins CE? I don't know if the dev. released early videos for their previous ones or not, but I'm hoping they do with this one. 

Posted Image

#5207 Triple-X

Triple-X

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:28 AM

If you're still looking for Batman Arkham Origins CE, go hastings is still taking them. I've been searching every retailer for the last three days with no luck. Finally I remembered them and sure enough they were there. Good luck to all!

Thank you thank you thank you! Hopefully they wont cancel it!

#5208 QSilverTwo

QSilverTwo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:26 AM

I remember gohastings was actually sold out at one point (ps3).  They may have just within the last few days made it available again and it probably won't last long.

#5209 omyard

omyard

dreaming neon black

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:59 AM

I snagged a Batman Arkham Origins ps3 pre-order from GoHastings. Thanks!

#5210 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:44 PM

Another (potential) source for the Batman CE is CD Universe:
http://www.cdunivers...074&style=games

(Note: I preordered a P4G limited edition from them last year and it got canceled due the fact that they never actually got them.)

Dill The Noise.

471350.png champloo4.png

#5211 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:52 PM

Thank you thank you thank you! Hopefully they wont cancel it!

I would bet money that they will

#5212 DanteWarrior

DanteWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:25 PM

These will be easily available at launch. Just keep an eye on Amazon,GS and BB - in that order :)

#5213 jr1016

jr1016

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:52 PM

These will be easily available at launch. Just keep an eye on Amazon,GS and BB - in that order :)

This, especially with Amazon who always have customers with payment issues or last minute cancellations. I still can't do it with the $100+ price tag though. I'll stick with my BBY regular copy with free steelbook and $10RZ.

Dariel16.png

#5214 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:58 PM

This, especially with Amazon who always have customers with payment issues or last minute cancellations. I still can't do it with the $100+ price tag though. I'll stick with my BBY regular copy with free steelbook and $10RZ.

Its a metalpak heh...

I preordered (sort of) via ebay, the UK metalpak, with 3D cover for $69.99. Comes with the game as well.

#5215 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:59 PM

is tales of xillia CE rather rare?  saw a store locally with 4 of them thinking about picking one up if it is.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#5216 RainFall

RainFall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:05 PM

I have a strong feeling CDU is like DDD. They cancelled my arkham origins preorder 

#5217 TPerryoo7

TPerryoo7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:10 PM

Its a metalpak heh...
I preordered (sort of) via ebay, the UK metalpak, with 3D cover for $69.99. Comes with the game as well.

Not a metal pak bro. Steelbook.
Posted Image

#5218 PetersHere

PetersHere

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:39 PM

I have a strong feeling CDU is like DDD. They cancelled my arkham origins preorder 

Oh how I love acronyms... So guys, who's been to DMQ and FCT?? Seen the YMGTYJGNG yet? Cool stuff. Great deal! Well, I have to go, I need to pick up my AFASFASDF at SGFG. It was half off! SDGSFGSGHHSHETYRHGFHN!!! Cya!

Posted Image

#5219 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:47 PM

Not a metal pak bro. Steelbook.

Any confirmation its a steelbook?

Every retailer now calls it a collectible case.

Also the spine of the case appears like a metalpak spine...

http://www.hidefninj...?t=37030&page=2

http://collectorsedi...?t=12865&page=4

http://www.hidefninj...ead.php?t=34878

#5220 TPerryoo7

TPerryoo7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:52 PM

Any confirmation its a steelbook?
Every retailer now calls it a collectible case.
Also the spine of the case appears like a metalpak spine...http://www.hidefninj...?t=37030&page=2http://collectorsedi...?t=12865&page=4http://www.hidefninj...ead.php?t=34878

It certainly isn't a metal pak spine that's for sure and ..Yep it is indeed a collectible case, so? Everyone is just assuming its a metal pak for some reason. I know it's a steelbook, just wait till Friday and you'll see anyway. no problem, it's all good. haha.
Posted Image