Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5516 replies to this topic

#5431 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:45 AM

My cat knocked my big daddy statue over and broke the tip off. Glue worked well, but it was super annoying

Ouch. At least it was an easy fix.
"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#5432 Blumpkin

Blumpkin

Has a bad case of diarrhea

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:04 AM

My cat knocked my big daddy statue over and broke the tip off. Glue worked well, but it was super annoying

At least you didn't have this happen to your CE of the original Bioshock:

[twitter]kasavin[/twitter]

16Z462z.jpg

#5433 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:03 AM

And that's why I'm glad my wife and I can't have kids.

#5434 PetersHere

PetersHere

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:09 AM

I have seen both the European and US version in person, I can say without a shadow of doubt, the US version looks like complete garbage.

I honestly don't know why folks here on CAG are raving about the US version but I have to agree w/ the hundreds of reviews(counting people that agreed w/ the review as well) that the statue is mediocre at best. It doesn't light up well, the quality and craftsmanship is garbage IMHO.

I don't have a fucking clue why CAGs are complimenting it but comparing the US to the EU version and other collector's editions released by WB (MK and AC), this thing is not worth the price at all.

Hell, even on it's own and not comparing it to other WB's products I wouldn't buy this C.E...

It could be due to the fact that we have minds and are capable of individual thought. Try not to get so emotional when we don't all agree with you. 

#5435 argyle

argyle

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:37 AM

Just got an email regarding the Tales CE from Amazon about release date being pushed back.

Site still shows 2/25, and that's what I was told at GS Friday afternoon - are they saying it's different from that now, or is it a case of them finally putting the correct date in their system?  

Posted Image

#5436 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:22 AM

I picked up the US Arkham Origins CE and I like it. While I like the UK statue a tiny bit more, this one is still pretty cool. Don't expect a $400 quality statue for the price and you'll be happy with it.

Yeah lol. Id be disappointed if i paid over $150 for the US or UK statue. Theyre both average, but great at $120 price point.

And you cant see the assassins clearly on the TV screens on the joker statue with bright light.

#5437 Rip44

Rip44

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:14 PM

And you cant see the assassins clearly on the TV screens on the joker statue with bright light.

This is my only gripe with the statue. The production pics made it look more prominent.

#5438 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:29 PM

Hopefully the dad disowns his son.  Serves him right.

Now playing:

:ps4: Destiny
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 3

#5439 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:34 PM

Hopefully the dad disowns his son. Serves him right.

Dad can't tell the difference between Bioshock and Bioshock 2. My guess is it's not that big a deal to him.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#5440 Blumpkin

Blumpkin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:19 PM

Dad can't tell the difference between Bioshock and Bioshock 2. My guess is it's not that big a deal to him.

In a follow up tweet he corrects himself. And considering that it's the developer of both Bastion and the forthcoming Transistor, I'm sure he knows the difference. 

16Z462z.jpg

#5441 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:05 AM

WWE 2K14 Phenom Edition Back In Stock on Amazon

:360: LINK

:ps3:LINK

#5442 PetersHere

PetersHere

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:19 AM

WWE 2K14 Phenom Edition Back In Stock on Amazon

:360: LINK

:ps3:LINK

Why is this so popular? I don't get it. It's severely overpriced, considering what you get. I wouldn't even consider buying it to flip, because it's not worth it. $10 or so per copy at best, while making other people waste an extra $60. Unless you're a huge WWE fan (are there really that many), why would you buy this? Looking around I can see a lot of eBay entrepreneurs (fail flippers) bought up stock, so maybe that's why it's selling out. Who knows. This is not one bit appealing to me, as a gamer, a slight WWE fan, or a flipper. They could have at least included a statue to go inside the damn thing...

#5443 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:47 AM

Why is this so popular? I don't get it. It's severely overpriced, considering what you get. I wouldn't even consider buying it to flip, because it's not worth it. $10 or so per copy at best, while making other people waste an extra $60. Unless you're a huge WWE fan (are there really that many), why would you buy this? Looking around I can see a lot of eBay entrepreneurs (fail flippers) bought up stock, so maybe that's why it's selling out. Who knows. This is not one bit appealing to me, as a gamer, a slight WWE fan, or a flipper. They could have at least included a statue to go inside the damn thing...

signed by the undertaker, the coffin is pretty cool, and the supply is very low. I doubt they made very many of these. I've seen them sold for $170+ on ebay i'm not sure how you can't make a profit from that.

edit: just looked at what the dlc has sold for.. I saw the dlc sold for almost as much as the whole collectors edition. I have no idea why people would pay so much for a character, but thats pretty crazy.. 

#5444 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:09 PM

In a follow up tweet he corrects himself. And considering that it's the developer of both Bastion and the forthcoming Transistor, I'm sure he knows the difference.

The only thing I'm sure of is in his tweet he didn't name the correct game. It couldn't have been that tragic for him.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#5445 PetersHere

PetersHere

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:23 PM

signed by the undertaker, the coffin is pretty cool, and the supply is very low. I doubt they made very many of these. I've seen them sold for $170+ on ebay i'm not sure how you can't make a profit from that.

edit: just looked at what the dlc has sold for.. I saw the dlc sold for almost as much as the whole collectors edition. I have no idea why people would pay so much for a character, but thats pretty crazy.. 

I don't know, when I factor in shipping (going by similar sized items), fees, cost to purchase, and the $10 to $20 just isn't worth the time. More than likely you'd be closer to $10, since there are already many others at below $170. This is one of the ones that you buy to enjoy if you really like the stuff, this isn't a flip worthy item. At least, in my opinion. If you want to head to the post office a dozen times and waste that much time trying to make a little money, by all means...

#5446 booni3

booni3

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:09 AM

Pre-orders are live at Amazon for the limited edition of Blazblue Chrono Phantasma. 

Like New PS Vita Wi-Fi Bundle w/ 16GB Memory Card, Charger, Box, Travel Pouch and Mortal Kombat - $250 (obo) shipped.SOLD!

Like New 3DS Bundle/ 4GB Memory Card, Charger, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon and Monster 4X4 - $160 obo SOLD! 

#5447 Blumpkin

Blumpkin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:14 AM

Pre-orders are live at Amazon for the limited edition of Blazblue Chrono Phantasma. 

91mEj0PRxhL._SL1500_.jpg

16Z462z.jpg

#5448 linkblc

linkblc

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:42 PM

Goku-edition.jpg

#5449 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:57 PM

That Phantasma looks mighty tempting...
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#5450 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:00 PM

That Phantasma looks mighty tempting...

The Alucard Nendoroid is probably going to make this CE hard to find down the road.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#5451 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:24 PM

The Alucard Nendoroid is probably going to make this CE hard to find down the road.

I have to agree with you on that.

I simply want this regardless of the possible scarcity if the set. Being rare is just a bonus for me. :)
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:

#5452 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:25 PM

I want this Titanfall CE so much, but $250 is a bit extreme.  Anyone else think they'll drop like a rock in price?

Collectors_Edition_Horz_1600px_0.jpg?v=1

#5453 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:32 PM

^ I think the TitanFall CE will drop in price as it seems to be carried by just about every retailer and they've made no effort to state how few (or many) are being produced.

#5454 booni3

booni3

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:33 PM

That, combined with the fact that this is a PS3 exclusive and that there is a (relatively) big amount of hype surrounding this title. Not to mention that the LE is generally loaded: figurine, blu-ray, soundtrack, art book and poster? Sold. I could see it being scarce as well. 

Like New PS Vita Wi-Fi Bundle w/ 16GB Memory Card, Charger, Box, Travel Pouch and Mortal Kombat - $250 (obo) shipped.SOLD!

Like New 3DS Bundle/ 4GB Memory Card, Charger, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon and Monster 4X4 - $160 obo SOLD! 

#5455 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:40 PM

Goku-edition.jpg

Wasn't this confirmed for EU only? 

Has there been additional information confirming this CE's release here in the states?

#5456 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:44 PM

^ I think the TitanFall CE will drop in price as it seems to be carried by just about every retailer and they've made no effort to state how few (or many) are being produced.

I sure hope so. I wouldn't mind at around $150. Though I will be a bit screwed by the time it does drop seeing as I already have the game and art book preordered separately and so would realistically only want the statue and would have to flip the rest!

*Just realized I double posted, sorry!

#5457 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:05 PM

I have to agree with you on that.

I simply want this regardless of the possible scarcity if the set. Being rare is just a bonus for me. :)

I know. My comment was completely "I would preorder now and decide later", instead of "I am going to decide now and preorder later".

That, combined with the fact that this is a PS3 exclusive and that there is a (relatively) big amount of hype surrounding this title. Not to mention that the LE is generally loaded: figurine, blu-ray, soundtrack, art book and poster? Sold. I could see it being scarce as well. 

The biggest fact is that Aksys sold the Noel figure for $25 ALONE and people pounced on that deal. You figure, the whole US stock of these were sold at anime conventions for $20 and online sold out in like 20 minutes (I recall because it was one of VERY few deals I missed and wanted). Then you figure you're getting the game for $50 and the figure is going for $20+, then the other stuff is at most costing you $10 dollars. However, I can't speak for the stock (which I assume is going to be very low), but I can say nendoroids tend to be extremely well done figures. Especially next to standard CE fare. 

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#5458 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:14 PM

Pre-order now and decide later to avoid regret!

Usually it works out this way... Of course. We got this videogame supply and demand thing down to a science now right?
Posted Image

Now playing:

#5459 Methoes

Methoes

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:30 AM

10715613405_4af3b1d728_z.jpg

#5460 b3b0p

b3b0p

Where's r0ckst34dy?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:34 AM

Hulkamania. Duh.