Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5516 replies to this topic

#61 Stevothepro

Stevothepro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 09:52 AM

wow! it seems like all the collectors sets coming out now are awesome, these are no exceptions they all look awesome. hopefully gone are the days of like the Ninja Gaiden like collectors editions, that will surely just contain pretty much just a soundtrack, half ass art and flimsy cardboard packaging, buy they release so few that noone realizes how shitty the entire package actually is, yeah sorry I just had to get that off my chest. great thread BTW, much needed

#62 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:05 AM

I don't understand why the Tournament edition of MK doesn't have the statues and the art book that the Kollectors edition has. You would think it would have all that and the fightstick as it seems to be the top tier version of the game.

That's what I thought at first but the bookends are chances are crap. I would like to have them and might get them for the 360 to have the game on both the PS3 and 360. The thing is the stick looks to be the better deal as both come with the same DLC. Also I don't think this is the first time that higher version of a game didn't come with what the middle one did.

The Duke Nukem CE was originally limited to 2,000 all around (PS3, X360 & PC combined ) however I read that they're making "a few" more and it's supposed to be limited as they will all be numbered.

I put in a pre order for the PC on Amazon.com when I first saw it here on CAG. So for all the people bitching about MSRP can Fuck off. Sure we don't usually put up things that are MSRP but SE/LE/CE or what ever you want to call them some times are a deal. I don't think I would have known about it if it was not for CAG.

Anyway I hope it is limited but didn't the guys that did God of War say that the LE for it was "Limited" and it was on sale for 30 bucks.

Here is one to add:
http://www.joystiq.c...-figure-abject/

EDIT: Nevermind. Not official for the US yet :bomb:

I want if not for any thing the steelbook. I have not played F.E.A.R. in years. I need to get the rest of them and replay the first one.

Aside from the infamous 2 bundle (which i am still debating) the only CE i'm waiting for is Gears 3 and Mass effect 3.

For me it is the MK and the Duke Nukem ones. I really don't care about the Infamous 2 bundle as I still have not played the first one. I will play the first one and then if the bundle for 2 goes for cheap I might get it. The Gears 3 and ME 3 are both day one pre orders for me. I have the Limited Editions for the first 2 of both games so the third is really a must.

Thanks OP for this thread as I do need something that will keep me up to date on the LE/CE/SEs that are coming out. Some like the Killzone 3 I will hold off on in hops it does like the Halo ones have done but others I will pick up at full MSRP on them.

I was thinking maybe the pre order stuff could be posted with the stores that have it in the OP along with the price each store is selling it for. Maybe then people might stop bitching about the MSRP thing and with the pre order specials posted one could look in one place and know what places are having what.

Also for the MK game if you get the MK BluRay or the MK2 BluRay you get a code for Jade however I think it is only for the PS3.
Posted Image

#63 YesterdaysRising

YesterdaysRising

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:11 AM

Pre-ordered the SOCOM bundle! I can't wait! I've been looking for a move and navigation controller bundle and I'm excited for SOCOM so this is perfect! I'm surprised they didn't do the same bundle with Killzone 3.

#64 gepet0

gepet0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 12:54 PM

Any thoughts on the Killzone 3 helhast edition? It tooK all I could to mentally get past the halo 3 helmet debacle but overall I am glad I got it. I can see a lot of people being hesitant feeling the halo 3 residual on this one.

Edited by gepet0, 26 February 2011 - 03:15 PM.

#65 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 01:20 PM

Any thoughts on the Killzone 3 helhast edition? It too all I could to mentally get past the halo 3 helmet debacle but overall I am glad I got it. I can see a lot of people being hesitant feeling the halo 3 residual on this one.

Im waiting, I am pretty sure it will drop like a rock. I think its already on sale for $109 at meijer should be around 6 months and I think it will be around $75

Dark+Lord+Greg.png

#66 Callidus

Callidus

Collectaholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 03:38 PM

Thanks OP for this thread as I do need something that will keep me up to date on the LE/CE/SEs that are coming out.

This.

As a full-on Collector's/Limited Edition whore, I absolutely love this thread (and the UK limited editions thread). Great addition, thanks OP.

After some debating, I'm in for a pre-order of the MK Tournament Edition. I'd love to have those bookends from the Kollector's Edition. Hopefully those will be available on the cheap at some point.

#67 Callidus

Callidus

Collectaholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 03:43 PM

Looks like Duke Nukem is sold out at GameStop now too. :(

EDIT: Actually, nevermind. The link in the original post just didn't work right.

#68 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 04:05 PM

Looks like Duke Nukem is sold out at GameStop now too. :(

EDIT: Actually, nevermind. The link in the original post just didn't work right.

That link doesn't work either... for some reason, CAG's referral system screws up GS links.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#69 Brenex

Brenex

Cobra Commander

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 04:32 PM

http://www.gamestop....-balls of steel

Here is the link, maybe just put underneath they will need to copy and paste it into their url bar to get it to work.

#70 cRodz

cRodz

Lead Chimp Ass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 04:48 PM

wondeful
now i can complain here :D

Thank you OP!

That being said,
All these CE suck for what they are offering at such a high price.

#71 SpockBlocker

SpockBlocker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 04:55 PM

wondeful

Thank you OP!

That being said,

They don't all suck. the Socom one you get $220 worth of stuff for $150.

PS Move Controller: $50
PS Move Navigation Controller: $30
PS Eye: $40
PS Move Sharpshooter: $40
Socom: $60
All for a buck50.

#72 DKYang

DKYang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:38 PM

Thanks for making a topic like this. Didn't know about the Socom one and it's a pretty good deal. If that one isn't limited like the MK TE, then I can wait and hope it'll get lower. On the other hand, I'll be getting MK TE, hopefully anyways. I like collector editions that include stuff that I can use, in this case, arcade sticks and move controllers.

#73 Nucking Futs

Nucking Futs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:37 PM

wondeful

Thank you OP!

That being said,

The SOCOM bundle's a great deal considering you're saving $60 - $70 minimum!

The MK TE is a bargain as well since you're getting a $60 game + 2 DLC + wooden joystick (w/decent arcade parts) all for $150. You're basically getting the joystick for $90. If you were to place an order for a wooden joystick w/Happ parts from a quality custom arcade builder (Arcade-In-A-Box & others from SRK), it'd cost a minimum of $150 - $160 AND there's a 2 - 6 week waiting period once you place your order. Not saying this is better since it's not released yet but those builders don't include the subtle touches such as cushion on the bottom (more comfy when playing on your lap if that's your thing) & has an internal storage area. So ya, this is a good deal, LOL!

Only thing craptastic is that both of those are released on the same day so there goes $300 in one swoop! BTW, Amazon has release date shipping on SOCOM & it only cost me $0.99!
- Jimmy

Love me some arcade sticks!

#74 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

#poppinpills

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 01:28 AM

Here is one to add:
http://www.joystiq.c...-figure-abject/

EDIT: Nevermind. Not official for the US yet :bomb:

They can skip the statue in that packaging and just give us the steelbook from it.

I 100% agree. I wish all these CEs or LEs came with Steelbooks. Especially the CEs. I mean they are called collectable, and a collector's item shouldn't come in a plain vanilla blu ray or DVD case, the same as the regular editions. Just common sense to me! Which is why I dont buy them unless super cheap. Or at all since I usually don;t care for the chotchkies. I want actual game content and a steelbook. Is that so hard to accommodate? Yeah, i am being a whiny bastard right now...a little drunk too...my apologies.

Diet soda is the worst.

Wrencrest.png

#75 laundrymatt

laundrymatt

PSNOT something something stars something something

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 01:38 AM

thanks for making this thread ssj, I was hoping someone would do it...I get tired of people always saying "no deal...msrp" when I read the CE threads, so maybe this will cut down on that a lot. I hope that you can find the time to keep it up to date for us! Loving the SOCOM bundle, perfect time to try out the move.

Reminder to self: Borderlands PreSequel Group: Complete; R:Me(host),micbelt, P:ProfStotch,BluBlue; Oct14 P#2032

laundrymatt77.png

#76 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 01:46 AM

Well I decided to preorder the SOCOM bundle. I'm not sure if I'll keep it or not, but figured I'd preorder it now and give myself a while to think it over.

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#77 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 03:02 AM

That's what I thought at first but the bookends are chances are crap. I would like to have them and might get them for the 360 to have the game on both the PS3 and 360. The thing is the stick looks to be the better deal as both come with the same DLC. Also I don't think this is the first time that higher version of a game didn't come with what the middle one did.

I put in a pre order for the PC on Amazon.com when I first saw it here on CAG. So for all the people bitching about MSRP can Fuck off. Sure we don't usually put up things that are MSRP but SE/LE/CE or what ever you want to call them some times are a deal. I don't think I would have known about it if it was not for CAG.

Anyway I hope it is limited but didn't the guys that did God of War say that the LE for it was "Limited" and it was on sale for 30 bucks.

I want if not for any thing the steelbook. I have not played F.E.A.R. in years. I need to get the rest of them and replay the first one.

For me it is the MK and the Duke Nukem ones. I really don't care about the Infamous 2 bundle as I still have not played the first one. I will play the first one and then if the bundle for 2 goes for cheap I might get it. The Gears 3 and ME 3 are both day one pre orders for me. I have the Limited Editions for the first 2 of both games so the third is really a must.

Thanks OP for this thread as I do need something that will keep me up to date on the LE/CE/SEs that are coming out. Some like the Killzone 3 I will hold off on in hops it does like the Halo ones have done but others I will pick up at full MSRP on them.

I was thinking maybe the pre order stuff could be posted with the stores that have it in the OP along with the price each store is selling it for. Maybe then people might stop bitching about the MSRP thing and with the pre order specials posted one could look in one place and know what places are having what.

Also for the MK game if you get the MK BluRay or the MK2 BluRay you get a code for Jade however I think it is only for the PS3.

I agree. I also got Gears of War 1 and 2 collector on release day.
I only wish MK came with a steelbook.:cry:

Do u know what comes in ME3 and GoW3 collector edition?

#78 Brenex

Brenex

Cobra Commander

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 05:32 AM

I don't think the ME3 CE has been detailed yet. Was looking for it a few days back after getting all giddy talking about it in this thread

#79 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 05:35 AM

I don't think the ME3 CE has been detailed yet. Was looking for it a few days back after getting all giddy talking about it in this thread

Hopfully it be a awesome CE.

Nice icon. Love Fallout

#80 marvinhall05

marvinhall05

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:32 PM

have MK: TE and the SOCOM bundled preordered already...Gamestop had stopped doing preorders for MK:TE...tomorrow I will see about the Duke Nukem bundle and preorder that if I can

#81 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 11:08 PM

Tempted to get the MK Tournament Edition. Only 20K units could make this very rare.

I need a new signature.

#82 Xenogears

Xenogears

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 11:24 PM

Thanks OP. Very usefull addition to CAG. Regardless of the semantics of where things belong, this is usefull to many people, and will cut down on the unavoidable clutter that will be there anyway, so I think it should stay in the deals section. Getting a limited time item that has a potential to increase in price is still a deal.

#83 Jankee

Jankee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2011 - 04:49 PM

have MK: TE and the SOCOM bundled preordered already...Gamestop had stopped doing preorders for MK:TE...tomorrow I will see about the Duke Nukem bundle and preorder that if I can

There's nothing quite like telling the GS employee that you want to put $5 on his BOS.

When I pre-ordered this last week the two employees gave me High Fives for the way I phrased it.

#84 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2011 - 08:08 PM

The socom 4 bundle is the truth plus best buy is offering a $10 pre-order bonus(reward zone) along with the $10 gamers club for spending $150 on gaming. This is on top of the regular reward zone point & if your a silver member another %. If you don't have move but want it this is the best deal and buy the time this comes out there will be several top tier titles available for PS move. Basically $130 for this is great now if only TRU or Target offers a gift card for purchasing Socom that I can price match @ BB and I'll have to buy more than 1.

#85 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2011 - 08:14 PM

Thinking about it more, it seems odd that Killzone 3 didn't get a similar move bundle. It's said to have one of the best Move implementations available, particularly with the Sharpshooter gun. And I'd imagine KZ3 is more appealing to a wider audience than SOCOM 4 will be.

If anything they could have sold the bundle for both games.

#86 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2011 - 09:12 PM

Thinking about it more, it seems odd that Killzone 3 didn't get a similar move bundle. It's said to have one of the best Move implementations available, particularly with the Sharpshooter gun. And I'd imagine KZ3 is more appealing to a wider audience than SOCOM 4 will be.

If anything they could have sold the bundle for both games.

Agreed, if they combine a deal with MAG for like $5 or $10 they could really boost sales plus look at the current available lineup for move time crisis, RE5, heavy rain, dead space extraction, KZ3 & MAG. PS move heroes, sorcery are also coming I wonder if uncharted 3 will work with move too.

#87 marvinhall05

marvinhall05

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2011 - 10:25 PM

There's nothing quite like telling the GS employee that you want to put $5 on his BOS.

When I pre-ordered this last week the two employees gave me High Fives for the way I phrased it.

hilarious...but I usually just say I want to pre-order the special edition

#88 popaloo

popaloo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2011 - 12:22 AM

I put my faith on Sony for 2011. Here's to hoping their exclusive list keeps growing, more move enabled-game so that it doesnt become a gimmick is a plus.

#89 popaloo

popaloo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2011 - 12:25 AM

Deployment on Socom is honestly the ONLY LE/CE/SE that has come out within the last couple of years that actually has content thats practical instead of the backwashed trinket/artbook/pens and pad *i'm looking at you Zombrex* that you look at once or twice before shelving it.

Perhaps even expanding this thread to include all offers/promotions along with each LE/CE/SE coming out in N.A

#90 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:09 AM

I didn't know the MK:TE was only 20,000. I might have to preorder another one on the 360. Having the stick that is made for MK would be nice to have on it as well. Bad thing is all the extra stuff not with the LE/TE/preorder is all on the PS3.
Posted Image