Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5516 replies to this topic

#1771 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:14 PM

was gewd brothas its tempting. but im not really hyped for this game to be honest, but i think i would buy it when its under $100.

Posted Image
Let's get to some itemizing!
The Ultimate Loot Chest Limited Edition (seen above, $149.99): Includes everything in the Collector's Edition, plus a collectable scaled replica of the red loot chests found throughout Pandora in Borderlands 2; steel book case; Creatures of Pandora wide-format ID chart; lithograph postcard set; field notes from Sir Hammerlock; cloth map of Pandora; and a numbered certificate of authenticity.
The Deluxe Vault Hunter’s Collector's Edition (seen below, $99.99): Includes a copy of Borderlands 2; authentic Marcus Kincaid bobblehead ; Inside the Vault: The Art & Design of Borderlands 2 hardbound book; collectable sticker set; map of Pandora; digital comic download code; and bonus downloadable in-game digital content.
Posted Image
Some pre-order details from the 2K Games / Gearbox press release:

Gamers who pre-order the Deluxe Vault Hunter’s Collector's Edition, Ultimate Loot Chest Limited Edition or the standard edition of Borderlands 2 from participating retailers will also gain access to the Borderlands 2 Premiere Club, allowing them to download the Gearbox Gun Pack, a Golden Key, the Vault Hunter’s Relic and an all-new fifth character class – the Mechromancer.
The Gearbox Gun Pack is a collection of unique guns to help players begin their journey on Pandora.
The Golden Key is used to unlock a rare in-game item in the mysterious Golden Sanctuary Loot Chest found in Borderlands 2.
The Vault Hunter’s Relic is an in-game item that boosts players’ gear-hunting fortune while playing solo or teaming up with friends.
The Mechromancer character class will be available following launch when development of the character is complete and is free to those who pre-order Borderlands 2, and will be available for purchase for those who do not.

#1772 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:25 PM

The loot chest is the only thing worth considering in that lol. Steelbook too I guess, if you enjoy bland covers.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#1773 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:26 PM

On the bright side, I like the newer standard cover. :D

Shadow of Mordor ( :ps4:) Best Buy Preorder DLC for sale - PM me with offers!

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps4: The Evil Within [No-Upgrade Run] :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2 :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World Red

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [10/19]:  :vita: Akiba's Trip (4.5/5)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#1774 shadow17x

shadow17x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:30 PM

The loot chest does look awesome. I'm curious as to what it's made of and how it looks opened. I also like that they included the bobble head vending machine box. The steelbook is surprisingly weak looking and plain. Going to have to keep an eye out for a cheaper deal.

#1775 cheapnpoor

cheapnpoor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:39 PM

I'd love to get Tales of Graces F SE.
I'm kind of afraid though with that shipping fiasco for MGS LE by Zavvi.
Not sure what to do.

#1776 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:17 PM

In for a 'beat to shit' loot chest at BB in 9 months for 49.99. I have a feeling that is the box and it is heavy duty cardboard (like the halo crate).

#1777 pjb16

pjb16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:37 PM

I definitely want the loot chest.

#1778 Bc4768

Bc4768

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:59 PM

Sorry if this is a re post or old news.....

Here are all the details of all the nice loot that's included with the limited/collectors edition of Borderlands 2 here: http://www.borderlands2.com/preorder/

There are actually two Collector's Edition packages to choose from: the Deluxe Vault Hunter's Collector's Edition for $99.99 and the Ultimate Loot Chest Limited Edition for $149.99. Pre-orders for both are open as of today, May 17.

The cheaper option includes a copy of Borderlands 2, Marcus Kincaid bobblehead, a hardbound art book, a set of collectible stickers, a map of Pandora, a download code for a digital comic, and "bonus downloadable in-game digital content." The more expensive option includes everything mentioned already, along with a steelbook case for the game, a Creature of Pandora ID chart, a postcard set, field notes from Sir Hammerlock, a cloth map of Pandora, and a certificate of authenticity. The bigger pack also comes housed in the loot box replica that Gearbox showed off at PAX East.

But wait! There's more! Those who pre-order the game in any form, collector's edition or otherwise, will receive some free stuff putting money down with participating retailers. All of this free content is wrapped up in something called the Borderlands 2 Premiere Club; pre-order the game from one of the unnamed participating retailers, and you get the freebies.

This content includes the Gearbox Gun Pack, a Golden Key, the Vault Hunter's Relic, and a fifth character class, the Mechromancer. The Gun Pack is pretty self-explanatory, offering starting players a few unique guns to give them an early boost. The Golden Key is a digital item used to unlock "a rare in-game item in the mysterious Golden Sanctuary Loot Chest," and the Vault Hunter's Relic is an in-game item that "boosts players' gear-hunting fortune."

#1779 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:00 PM

Or not a deal...

#1780 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:05 PM

I wish the $99 copy included a steel book

#1781 akilshohen

akilshohen

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:23 PM

I really just want the loot box.

#1782 Robert Conley

Robert Conley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:31 PM

I was sold on this when I saw the loot box, and then I noticed the cloth map. So what are the different retailers doing for exclusive bonuses? I heard Gamestop and BB had different ones. Side note, anyone wanna give me $1.25 every day until Sep. 18th? XD

#1783 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:38 PM

Sweet, Day 0 DLC in the Mechromancer class!

#1784 El Toro Fuerte

El Toro Fuerte

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:39 PM

I was sold on this when I saw the loot box, and then I noticed the cloth map. So what are the different retailers doing for exclusive bonuses? I heard Gamestop and BB had different ones. Side note, anyone wanna give me $1.25 every day until Sep. 18th? XD

Gamestop has that Slaughter Dome thing and the Mad Moxi Rocket launcher.

Havn't seen anything about BB

#1785 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:41 PM

Is it me or does the CE setup look like a rip off of the Duke Nukem Forever packaging? I know they both were made by Gearbox but still...

So where can you preorder the CE's? I'm not saying them on Amazon

#1786 Snuggelz

Snuggelz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:42 PM

AHHH! I want that fucking chest!!!!! *sigh* but totally not worth the 150. It's a pretty cool set though.

#1787 Jiggaloj

Jiggaloj

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:44 PM

The only thing that I want is the loot box replica. I'll wait for it to drop someday. Not worth $150 to me.
----
Posted Image

#1788 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:18 PM

Here's the Borderlands 2 amazon pre-order link for anyone interested in the wallet-raper edition.

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00841ZJYY/

#1789 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:24 PM

^ Thank you for posting that link. I wonder why I can't find it when I just search for boderlands 2?

Do you have the link for the $99 version?

#1790 havuk

havuk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:30 PM

I wish the $99 copy included a steel book

the photos i saw showed the $99 version with a steelbook too

http://collectorsedi...ced/deluxevault

#1791 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:36 PM

^ Thank you for posting that link. I wonder why I can't find it when I just search for boderlands 2?

Do you have the link for the $99 version?

I got it off of twitter. I don't have the link for the $99 version, but Amazon will probably update their search for "borderlands 2" by tomorrow, so it'll probably pop up then.

#1792 SPVietBoy

SPVietBoy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:36 PM

So I'm assuming that the game isn't coming in a steelbook, but the normal case with the steelbook right? Because I like that cover art too. And hopefully that loot box isn't the box... It'll get so messed up =/

#1793 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:44 PM

Does it saw what material the loot box is? If it's cardboard I'll just pass, but if it's something sturdier that'll last I'll probably get it when it's down to $100.

#1794 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:47 PM

Sweet, Day 0 DLC in the Mechromancer class!

I know it's easy to get caught up in that possibility these days, but they actually said it wouldn't be out for a couple months after release, as it's mostly a post-release project.

Also, that ultimate edition may be too cool to wait on a drop, or pass over at launch. Sometimes ridiculous, unnecessary goodies should be bought, right?
Posted Image

#1795 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:53 PM

Oh here ya go fellows, link for all the editions on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.co...X9VO|B0050SZ836

#1796 Shadow Blade

Shadow Blade

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:04 PM

The Darksiders II Collector's Edition is sold out at Amazon and Gamestop already, and still a month from launch. I imagine it should become available closer to launch?

Darksiders II has been delayed until August 14. Best Buy is still taking pre-orders.

#1797 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:07 PM

Thanks for the link!

#1798 Brenex

Brenex

Cobra Commander

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:54 PM

I am totally in for that loot box. When it drops to less than $60 like skyrim :lol: I would think companies sell more of the reasonably priced collector's editions than the monstrous $150 things like Skyrim and maybe Mortal Kombat. Are there any numbers on how successful these are? I'm just wondering.

#1799 Verelios

Verelios

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:07 PM

I really want the KH DDD collectors edition, but I just know we're going to get shafted when the EU gets theirs. It's so blatant it hurts.

That said, double dipping on ToG, thanks for the heads up!!

#1800 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:57 PM

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312