Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5516 replies to this topic

#2611 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:07 PM

Based on the spine thickness, that ACIII Liberation Steelbook looks like it'll function similarly to the New Super Mario Bros. 2 Steelbook (i.e. you put the entire game case in the Steelbook).
"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#2612 DWulf

DWulf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:25 PM

Based on the spine thickness, that ACIII Liberation Steelbook looks like it'll function similarly to the New Super Mario Bros. 2 Steelbook (i.e. you put the entire game case in the Steelbook).

It does. It was confirmed on the FutureShop forums.

#2613 ZuKe Zuchegno

ZuKe Zuchegno

I'm Sorry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:30 PM

do you think i could find the gears of war cover for its steelbook
Quote: uncle5555 The CAG motto: "Maybe you'll luck out and get the game during a sale before it sells out, maybe not, that's the life of a CAG. Luck of the draw. And timing is everything."

#2614 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:49 PM

That SCII looks really bad. Like they couldn't find better artwork or make it consistent across the facings?

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#2615 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:14 AM

Ugh so many things off with the US Injustice statue, especially compared to the UK one. No loss as Warner games have frequent price drops and GOTY editions in less than a year, so buying a CE is silly unless you really want the statue.

#2616 outerfox

outerfox

Allow Ants Peas

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:43 AM

I guess I'll be pretty silly then... cause I want that Injustice CE for that statue. :\

*sigh*

I wish the Tomb Raider reboot CE would hurry up and be shown and made available. I'm very interested in that one too. Also I wonder if South Park will get one. bleh, I really need to slow down on CEs... but I suppose that won't happen for a while. I bet The Last of Us could have an amazing one as well.

#2617 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:25 AM

Metal Gear Rising and Zone of the Enders CE's announced

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will also have a limited edition, adding a soundtrack, a special package, and a "high frequency plasma lamp" designed to resemble Raiden's sword to the offerings. It's due on the same February 19 release date as the normal version.

A price has yet to be announced, but what price could you put on a major award like this?

Zone of the Enders HD Collection will be released in a limited edition, Konami announced at a press event tonight. Due alongside the regular release, the limited edition includes a soundtrack disc, featuring remixes of the original music, and a 100-page artbook.

Posted Image
Posted Image

I personally will be getting both.

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#2618 jbug617

jbug617

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:27 AM

Day one on the ZOE CE.

#2619 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:30 AM

Day one on the ZOE CE.

Looks like it's listed now on GS at $60. Not bad.

#2620 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:34 AM

Looks like it's listed now on GS at $60. Not bad.

Yeah I'm in for an extra $20. Looks like a cool CE.

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#2621 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:36 AM

Metal Gear Rising and Zone of the Enders CE's announced

Posted Image
Posted Image

I personally will be getting both.

:shock:
I'll definitely be getting the ZoE CE, and I'll have to see the price for the MGR:R CE before deciding on it.

Here's hoping Newegg adds the ZoE CE to their site and makes it eligible for their next preorder discount promo! :bouncy:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly 2: Band of Thieves

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/4]: :vita: Velocity 2X (4.5/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#2622 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:59 AM

Really don't understand why people would want to play ZOE again. Only reason anyone ever bought it was for the MGS2 demo and at the time, it was definitely worth the $60 ha.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#2623 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:05 AM

Really don't understand why people would want to play ZOE again. Only reason anyone ever bought it was for the MGS2 demo and at the time, it was definitely worth the $60 ha.

You sir, are now my enemy.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2624 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:05 AM

I'll definitely be getting the ZoE CE, and I'll have to see the price for the MGR:R CE before deciding on it.

Here's hoping Newegg adds the ZoE CE to their site and makes it eligible for their next preorder discount promo! :bouncy:

^This

#2625 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:12 AM

Buying CE from newegg guarantee you get a damaged item.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#2626 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:36 AM

Buying CE from newegg guarantee you get a damaged item.

Agreed.

#2627 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:10 AM

Guild Wars 2 CE is back in stock at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B0085UDEWI/

#2628 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:23 AM

im gonna pass on the ZOE CE, but not the metal gear rising CE :D

from now on, im just gonna buy the CEs of games i have genuine interest in, and open them without any concern for their future value.

im "reformed" because when i received my borderlands 2 ULCE, i really wanted to play the damn thing immediately!

next games in line are mass effect 3 CE, skyrim CE, max payne 3 CE and witcher 2 dark edition.

i wont regret opening them... no sir i wont! not anymore! >:|

anyway ive never played the second ZOE, but i think theres a vita version coming out? ill buy that one instead since i have the MGS HD collection on the vita already.

#2629 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:54 AM

im gonna pass on the ZOE CE, but not the metal gear rising CE :D

from now on, im just gonna buy the CEs of games i have genuine interest in, and open them without any concern for their future value.

im "reformed" because when i received my borderlands 2 ULCE, i really wanted to play the damn thing immediately!

next games in line are mass effect 3 CE, skyrim CE, max payne 3 CE and witcher 2 dark edition.

i wont regret opening them... no sir i wont! not anymore! >:|

anyway ive never played the second ZOE, but i think theres a vita version coming out? ill buy that one instead since i have the MGS HD collection on the vita already.

There was supposed to be a vita version, but since the.announcement there hasn't been.... Nothing. I'm starting to think it disappeared.

#2630 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:37 AM

ZoE live at amazon

#2631 MidnightMarauder74

MidnightMarauder74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:32 AM

Thanks for the heads up! I've been waiting for Amazon to restock the GW2 CE since I have some credit. Recently got a new gaming PC and this will be perfect for it!

#2632 chunlirocks

chunlirocks

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:55 AM

Buying CE from amazon guarantee you get a damaged item.

Fixed
:joystick: CERTIFIED GRADE A VIDIOT:joystick:

IN MY CONSOLES - NOW PLAYING:
:ps3: BLAZBLUE and DEMON's SOULS
:360: MUSHIHIMESAMA FUTARI 1. 5
:ps2: EVERBLUE 2
:wii: METROID PRIME TRILOGY
:psp: Field Commander
:xbox: XYANIDE

#2633 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:08 PM

Ugh, kind of annoyed Konami announced the LE for ZoE HD a MONTH before release. Hopefully the OST will have a good amount of songs on it.

& agreed, hoping Newegg will have another discount code considering I ordered the game from there.

That lamp in the MGR LE looks pretty sweet. I'll wait & see after playing the demo if I want to get the game or not.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2634 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:18 PM

Awesome, that gives me hope of getting it cheaper down the line. I think that's a very cool CE. At this point GS was the only one that still had it in stock.

#2635 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:26 PM

The Zone of Enders HD Limited Edition will probably be a amazon and gamestop exclusive just like the Metal Gear HD collection LE was. Also it turned out to be rare at least the ps3 version did so if you want the ZoE LE you better order quick.

#2636 FatherChesz

FatherChesz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:28 PM

T_T My poor wallet...anything Kojima related (especially CE's) are a sure bite from me.

The ZoE CE is $60, so I guess that's not too rough.

#2637 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:33 PM

T_T My poor wallet...anything Kojima related (especially CE's) are a sure bite from me.

Is the CE live on Amazon? I can't find it anywhere...

http://www.amazon.co...,videogames,182

3rd and 4th results. I preordered a :ps3: one just in case it sells out. I hope to have Amazon credit flowing out my ears within the next few weeks anyway, so I could use it on this if I decide to keep the preorder.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly 2: Band of Thieves

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/4]: :vita: Velocity 2X (4.5/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#2638 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:55 PM

Might as well pre-order on Amazon (got $15 in credit) just to be safe, then wait & see if Newegg carries it & has another $## off pre-orders code.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2639 UltimateIdiot911

UltimateIdiot911

Have a nice tragedy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:24 PM

I suggest you place an order for the ZoE LE on Amazon or Gamestop just in case. I have strong doubts about Newegg getting the CE.

#2640 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:25 PM

I'm a little bit annoyed about the ZoE CE. $20 more for a soundtrack and artbook seems steep.

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0