Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5516 replies to this topic

#2911 evophile

evophile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:21 PM

ive never bought anything from zavvi before, but ive just placed an order for the metal gear rising. should i expect the box to be worn out when I receive it? i live in the US.

also has anyone preordered the european Injustice: Gods Among Us? if so from which store? i cant find it on zavvi. i have one placed on amazon.com right now, but if i can import the european one, ill cancel it

if you guys have better store recommendations to preorder from, please do share :)

Heh you never saw the old zavvi MGS HD LE thread did you? Some soul crushing pics there.
Honestly I know they said they were trying to improve but I haven't ordered from them since and I was also lucky that mine arrived in decent condition.
This probably wasn't much help to you though, lol

#2912 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:25 PM

Heh you never saw the old zavvi MGS HD LE thread did you? Some soul crushing pics there.
Honestly I know they said they were trying to improve but I haven't ordered from them since and I was also lucky that mine arrived in decent condition.
This probably wasn't much help to you though, lol

boooo... damn...

it wasnt zavvis fault though was it? its the carriers fault?

its still a gamble though ughhh

#2913 Callidus

Callidus

Collectaholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:45 PM

boooo... damn...

it wasnt zavvis fault though was it? its the carriers fault?

its still a gamble though ughhh

It was the fault of whoever runs Zavvi's online fulfillment centers (I'm betting it's contracted out). They were packaged like ass. I ordered three copies of it just to ensure one arrived ok (and just one did). The main problem is the cardboard shipping boxes they used were thin and very malleable so they didn't hold up to normal international shipping bumps & bruises.

I'm also keeping an eye out for a UK pre-order of Injustice. I'm hoping it pops up on Amazon UK now that they ship to the US on some items.

#2914 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:06 PM

Make sure you guys select gift wrap as extra protection.

#2915 sephiroth61787

sephiroth61787

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:15 PM

I'm one of the ones who bought the MGS Collection from Zavvi. The box came completely wrecked. Ended up throwing it out. The items inside the box were fine though.

I preordered the Zavvi edition of Revengence, but might stick with getting the US edition instead. All I really want is a steelbook with the game.

As for the UK edition of Injustice, it's so much better than the US edition. I've been keeping my eyes peeled for that to pop up somewhere.

#2916 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:05 PM

Finally got my ACIII Ubiworkshop Edition today. Unfortunately, they sent me the PS3 game instead of the X360 one. Back to chatting with CS.

I'd recommend not ordering from them in the future. Not worth the hassle.
"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#2917 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:25 AM

Finally got my ACIII Ubiworkshop Edition today. Unfortunately, they sent me the PS3 game instead of the X360 one. Back to chatting with CS.

I'd recommend not ordering from them in the future. Not worth the hassle.

Ouch, that has got to suck.

On a related note, did anyone get the bundle with the shoes? http://shop.ubi.com/...hemeID=29282800

#2918 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:41 AM

Ouch, that has got to suck.

On a related note, did anyone get the bundle with the shoes? http://shop.ubi.com/...hemeID=29282800

Are you asking if anyone pre-ordered it or if anyone actually received the bundle? Cause that deal is exclusively for PC and aren't being released till November 20th.

This is the first time I'm hearing about this bundle though. I'm not a PC gamer but my interested was piqued when I read that these were a pair of RG3/Rock the Vote inspired Adidas. Still don't think that warrants a $100+ price tag for the shoes though.

#2919 HarajukuJynx

HarajukuJynx

The Business Bitch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:11 AM

Damn, that Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch – Wizard’s Edition looks sexy af.
Sold out apparently :C

#2920 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:13 AM

Are you asking if anyone pre-ordered it or if anyone actually received the bundle? Cause that deal is exclusively for PC and aren't being released till November 20th.

This is the first time I'm hearing about this bundle though. I'm not a PC gamer but my interested was piqued when I read that these were a pair of RG3/Rock the Vote inspired Adidas. Still don't think that warrants a $100+ price tag for the shoes though.

Oh oops, I didn't even notice the release date, I thought it was already out. I barely ran across it the other day as well and I was surprised I had never heard of it either. I was wondering if anyone here had actually preordered it.

#2921 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

:wii:U Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition (Future Shop Exclusive) Bonus (Nintendo Wii U) SteelBook - 11/18/12

Posted Image

#2922 Callidus

Callidus

Collectaholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

I wish Best Buy would release all those awesome FutureShop Steelbooks down here in the States. :(

#2923 proKoyeon

proKoyeon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:23 PM

I wish Best Buy would release all those awesome FutureShop Steelbooks down here in the States. :(

i'm always so jealous of the steelbooks they get...an awesome incentive to buy the game on release

#2924 galbyman

galbyman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:46 PM

I saw a Dead Island Riptide one today at a BB. I didn't even know that thing existed.

#2925 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:34 PM

I pre-ordered the Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance: Premium Package Limited Edition at Nippon-Yasan.com with pre-orders as a payment. What that means they'll send you invoice by 2-3 weeks before release date. They accept PayPal and major credit card but don't use instant payment when checking out.

#2926 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:26 AM

Germany Exclusive

Posted Image Verapckung the Limited Edition

For the release of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (February 21) there will be in addition to the standard version and a limited edition. This Konami announced today and also named to the details of a pre-order promotion for all pre-orders of the Action.

The story of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance revolves around the well-known character Raiden, four years after the events of Metal Gear Solid 4 works as a security agent for Maverick Security Consulting, a peacekeeping PMC (Private Military Company). A mission to protect an African prime minister ends tragically when he is killed by cyborg assassins - an incident that ended Raiden's hopes for a more peaceful life suddenly and catapulted him straight back to the front line.

Posted Image
Steel Book # 1

Armed with his high-frequency sword, cutting through all that Raiden is in the way, he sets out on his mission, the renegade Private Military Company called Desperado Enforcement at all costs to stop.

Clear that in this template Raiden also the heart of European Limited Edition of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is. This includes a 30 cm tall figure of the cyborg agents from Play Arts' Kai series, which will be available exclusively within the Limited Edition. The limited edition in Europe amounts to 25,000 shares at a price of about € 99.95 - in Germany, the limited edition of Media Markt and Saturn offered.

It also contains a special DLC code that can unlock the White Armour Raiden in the game: In this form, Raiden cause an increased number of objects with life-extending themselves.

Posted Image Steel Book # 2

Preorder of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, however, have the choice between two different Steelbooks, each containing an exclusive DLC. The first Steelbook comes up with a Raiden Illustration Character Concept Artist Yoji Shinkawa. With the included DLC unlock Raiden player Inferno Armour, with which the hero, the number of portable missiles increases. This steelbook is exclusively available for pre-order at Amazon.de.

The second steelbook shows a rendering of graphics and Raiden contains a DLC code for Raiden Commando Armour, with which he has access to a greater number of projectile weapons. This Steelbook is for pre-order exclusively at GameStop.

All these actions are common to both versions of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, both on February 21, 2013.

Posted Image The information contained in the Limited Edition Action Figure

Source

#2927 sephiroth61787

sephiroth61787

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:34 AM

So in Germany, the limited edition with the figure is at Media Market and Saturn stores. Then one steelbook is available at Amazon.de while the other is at Gamestop.

I hope Amazon.de puts that steelbook up for order separately. I want their steelbook.

#2928 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:36 AM

The question is how many steelbook are you gonna buy?

#2929 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:45 AM

I pre-ordered the Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance: Premium Package Limited Edition at Nippon-Yasan.com with pre-orders as a payment. What that means they'll send you invoice by 2-3 weeks before release date. They accept PayPal and major credit card but don't use instant payment when checking out.

How nippon yasan vs zavvi? I have mine preordered at zavvi but I heard bad things about zavvi especiallly in regards to mgss hd collection limited

#2930 sephiroth61787

sephiroth61787

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:46 AM

The question is how many steelbook are you gonna buy?

Just want one of the grey one. That's enough for me.

#2931 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:47 AM

Why does Europe get that epic looking Steelbook and we get the crappy CGI one.....
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2932 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:08 AM

US is getting the short end lately. All we get is earlier release dates but shitty limited editions.

The European edition with the play kai arts figure is $160 USD about $10 retail more then the US LE version. What kills the deals is after shipping cost for importing I'm guessing you guys who pre-ordered are in the $180-$200 ball park.

Does the Euro. LE come with the lamp also?

needler420.png

#2933 outerfox

outerfox

Allow Ants Peas

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:41 AM

Damn, that Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch – Wizard’s Edition looks sexy af.
Sold out apparently :C

Ya, that had a 3 month window for pre-orders. I think it sucks that it was an Namco exclusive. Maybe they'll open up like a week or two of more Wizard Edition pre-orders before release? Game comes out in about 2 months.

That LE guide will be sweet to have too. Early next year is going to break me so hard *sigh*

#2934 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:19 AM

What time is it now?

#2935 eres

eres

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:02 AM

isn't the wizard edition comes cheaper to import then namco shop
amazon.co.uk

comes out as £64 with shipment

#2936 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:29 AM

Damnit, there's only the ps3 edition at nippon yasan. I guess I'm keeping my zavvi preorder. Hopefully tthe box won't be ruined.

#2937 no_exit

no_exit

Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:29 PM

isn't the wizard edition comes cheaper to import then namco shop
amazon.co.uk

comes out as £64 with shipment

£64 is about $102 USD

#2938 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:33 PM

Ya, that had a 3 month window for pre-orders. I think it sucks that it was an Namco exclusive. Maybe they'll open up like a week or two of more Wizard Edition pre-orders before release? Game comes out in about 2 months.

That LE guide will be sweet to have too. Early next year is going to break me so hard *sigh*

I and most others that planned on buying it were waiting till it was closer to release. The damn website had a cutoff for their pseudo kickstarter but didn't mention that was ALSO the cutoff for the fucking limited edition.

#2939 Blumpkin

Blumpkin

Has a bad case of diarrhea

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:38 PM

I and most others that planned on buying it were waiting till it was closer to release. The damn website had a cutoff for their pseudo kickstarter but didn't mention that was ALSO the cutoff for the fucking limited edition.

I think they cut it off so early because they were only making enough collectors editions to cover the preorder.

#2940 gravel

gravel

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:19 PM

Gamestop does have an exclusive Steelbook with the preorder of the standard edition of Ni No Kuni. Obviously, it doesn't have all the extras that the Collector's Edition does, but it is $40 cheaper.
Posted Image

Currently Playing
:ps3:
Lego Marvel Super Heroes, Diablo III, Skylanders Swap Force, The Puppeteer
:360:
:wii: Lego City Undercover, NES Remix
:ds: Pokemon Y
:psp: Tearaway