Photo
- - - - -

GameStop TIV/Promos: Old Thread, New Thread in First/Last Posts.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3831 replies to this topic

#2041 DerClaw

DerClaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:08 AM

Call of Duty: Black ops Wii base $25

after 40% promo and pur = $37.50

lolwut, how did the wii version of this game become worth 2 bucks more than ps3 and xbox. Everytime I've seen a COD game, the wii one is cheaper.

#2042 CrossFireXT17

CrossFireXT17

Aka: RevolutionJ12

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:11 AM

For people who are having problems getting the promo to work at their gamestop. The deal is not done automatically in the system. They have a "Marketing Manuel" or "Marketing Guide" for this week and there is a barcode in there they have to scan.

I was at Gamestop yesterday and I was the first person to try and use the promo so the guy wasn't sure how to do it. He called the district supervisor and so I watched what he was doing. So I'd just say for anyone who is having bad luck tell them the gamestop employee to check their marketing manual or whatever it is called (someone can correct me if they know the name) for this week.

#2043 Bankotsu

Bankotsu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:45 AM

For people who are having problems getting the promo to work at their gamestop. The deal is not done automatically in the system. They have a "Marketing Manuel" or "Marketing Guide" for this week and there is a barcode in there they have to scan.

I was at Gamestop yesterday and I was the first person to try and use the promo so the guy wasn't sure how to do it. He called the district supervisor and so I watched what he was doing. So I'd just say for anyone who is having bad luck tell them the gamestop employee to check their marketing manual or whatever it is called (someone can correct me if they know the name) for this week.

This is true. I traded in 4 games today and saw on the receipt that I only got 10% on each game. I went back and asked them if there was a mistake. I was sure that Skyward Sword was on the list. So, I looked at the handout that had and looked it up. The manager finally told the worker that she had to scan the promo manually.

I didn't mean for the manager to lecture her saying "I told you guys to leave this out because you have to do it manually". Maybe I'll fill out the survey to help her.

#2044 Miro

Miro

Browncoat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 11:38 AM

Base values from yesterday, June 22.

Heavy Rain - 15
Super Smash Bros Brawl - 25
Call of Duty Black Ops 360 - 23

Edit: For those who do the preorder bonus bump, the employee has to scan the coupon code in some promotional booklet in order to receive the bonus. I think that should be added to the OP as a reminder to avoid being shafted by GS.

#2045 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 03:08 PM

Seriously wish I'd knew that when I was in the store last night. Now I'm stuck at home babysitting my brother who has the stomach flu and I can't leave the house.

Praying that Blop's TIV doesn't drop any more before I can head out >.<

Defynorz.pngPringerOtaku.png
Add me on PSN for co-op or anything

League of Legends: Defyn

#2046 jterp7

jterp7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 03:19 PM

They are lying too you, once the trade is complete the credit is yours. You can transfer or cancel a preorder. I do it all the time.

on a personal level, I wouldn't do it too many times

If that was reported, then was someone was actually abused. The reality is GS has no corporate rules against transferring or canceling any preorder. I suspect they would actually get into trouble with the local pawn laws if they reduced the actual value after the trade was complete.

If all else fails however, you take possession of the game, ask for a gift receipt, and then return it to another store. 9/10 because they cannot connect the game back to the actual purchase method, and they will give you cash back. I've on occasion had to specifically refuse cash, and asked them to give me a gift card. I do this to keep my GS monies from being wasted on non gaming stuff :)

I don't see why GS would give you cash for a gift receipt, don't they usually only give store credit, i.e. gift cards for gift receipts? This is for almost all retail stores that I can think of.

This is actually the safest method, rather than trying to argue about transferring the credit, and having the manager possibly tell you he will take away trade in value (even if it is possibly illegal)

#2047 cheeky

cheeky

Posted 23 June 2011 - 03:19 PM

Seriously wish I'd knew that when I was in the store last night. Now I'm stuck at home babysitting my brother who has the stomach flu and I can't leave the house.

Praying that Blop's TIV doesn't drop any more before I can head out >.<

LOL no one was trading it in because we all thought it was like 11 bucks. But now that the word is out...

#2048 jterp7

jterp7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 03:20 PM

Base values from yesterday, June 22.

Heavy Rain - 15
Super Smash Bros Brawl - 25
Call of Duty Black Ops 360 - 23

Edit: For those who do the preorder bonus bump, the employee has to scan the coupon code in some promotional booklet in order to receive the bonus. I think that should be added to the OP as a reminder to avoid being shafted by GS.

wow I may finally get rid of brawl...now what to do with the wavebirds..

#2049 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 05:09 PM

6/23
Smash Brothers Brawl - $25
New Super Mario Wii - $22
LA Noire PS3 dropped to $24

Pretty happy with the prices. Traded in Smash Bros + Mario Wii and put it towards Uncharted 3. After 40% bonus + 10% PUR it came out to $70.50 for just those 2 games.

Decided to preorder Skyrim and Saints Row also and she gave me a free copy of Game Informer since a $10 off coupon I had wouldn't work on it. was too stupid to try to apply it to the pre-orders lol didn't think about it until after the fact. It says it works on in stock items only though so probably wouldnt have worked. Anyway sweeet deal.

#2050 tonyv4

tonyv4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 05:11 PM

6/24

Pretty happy with the prices. Traded in Smash Bros + Mario Wii and put it towards Uncharted 3. After 40% bonus + 10% PUR it came out to $70.50 for just those 2 games.

Decided to preorder Skyrim and Saints Row also and she gave me a free copy of Game Informer since a $10 off coupon I had wouldn't work on it. was too stupid to try to apply it to the pre-orders lol didn't think about it until after the fact. It says it works on in stock items only though so probably wouldnt have worked. Anyway sweeet deal.

I like how you're able to predict the values for tomorrow :D

#2051 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 05:12 PM

I like how you're able to predict the values for tomorrow :D

lol, hmm my computer date is wrong. What teh...

edit: I wonder if the wrong date can mess with the cookies on your computer and slow it down somehow? I fixed the date and suddenly the site is running much faster. Was wondering why the hell it was loading so slow. Maybe just a coincidence but thanks anyway.

#2052 AcidRain25

AcidRain25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 06:03 PM

From yesterday June 22:

Shift 2 Unleashed - $17
Call Of Duty Black Ops - $23

PS3
Monopoly Streets - $15
Battlefield Bad Company 2 - $14 (not LE or Ultimate Ed.)
LA Noire - $24
Dragon Age II - $23
Bulletstorm - $10

Was surprised that the Bulletstorm TIV didn't go up after the sale like DA2 so I traded it to Best Buy.

#2053 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 06:03 PM

6/23

I paid off Uncharted 3 also via the Dragon Age 2 and shift 2 deal at Bestbuy with the @gamer coupons. If you got BB gc to burn you can use it on the other titles on the list that you want.

#2054 shiftymcneely

shiftymcneely

I love my Lions!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 07:07 PM

TIV from today

:360:

LA Noire - $24
NCAA Basketball 2010 - $15
Halo Wars $11

Got Uncharted 3 fully paid off and the rest put on my PUR card.

Rating scale ( :cold: :drool: :cry: :applause: :hot:)

:ps3: Final Fantasy X HD :hot:

:ps4: Nothing

:xb1: Nothing

#2055 Squal

Squal

Posted 23 June 2011 - 07:34 PM

updated the original post with a coupon I picked up from my local gamestop.

TIV:

Rock Band: Unplugged - $.75
Professor Layton and the Curious Village(DS) - $7.00
Ridge Racer 6 (360) - $1
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (360) - $1
Official Nintendo Gamecube Controller - $4.00
3rd Party Gamecube Controller - $2.00
360 VGA HD cable - $3.50

#2056 StealOfADeal

StealOfADeal

It's a S-O-A-D!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 07:52 PM

Anyone know the tiv for a later model white xbox 360 120 gb? just curious. play my ps3 way more, can't find any prices.

#2057 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:14 PM

TIV's:

Call of Duty Black Ops - $23 (360)
Battlefield Bad Company 2 - $15 (360)

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#2058 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:22 PM

Anyone know the tiv for a later model white xbox 360 120 gb? just curious. play my ps3 way more, can't find any prices.

It's a core + controllers + HD.

In other words, $30 for the system (w/ 1 controller, cables, etc), $7 for a second controller, <$20 for the HD (last value from January), and an extra $25 for the promotion. All totalled, probably around $70 for everything.

Cause I'm sick of seeing ghosts, and I know how it's all gonna end

There's no triumph waiting, there's no sunset to ride off in

We all want to be great men, there's nothing romantic about it

I just want to know that I did all I could with what I was given

I just want to sell out my funeral.

I just want to be enough for everyone.

#2059 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:06 PM

I'm so pissed. My shipment from the last day of B2G1 came today.

Two games had no artwork or manuals and had black cases. What in the Fuck.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#2060 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:13 PM

I'm so pissed. My shipment from the last day of B2G1 came today.

Two games had no artwork or manuals and had black cases. What in the Fuck.

You must be new here.

#2061 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:21 PM

You must be new here.

No, actually. I've generally had good experiences with ordering from Gamestop.com

Just not this time. I usually don't get a manual or something. Not two thirds of my shipment coming incomplete. Generic artwork, generic case, and no manuals. That's overkill.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#2062 cheeky

cheeky

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:22 PM

You must be new here.

:newbie:

#2063 scarhawk

scarhawk

Really CHEAP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:50 PM

Hmm. I'm conflicted right now.
$192 GS Credit vs $180BB Credit which becomes Amazon...
I think I'll go with the BB credit but I have to wait like a month to get my GCs >_<
http://home.bigcrumbs.com/nobody
Get a ton of cashback just for ordering stuff online. Click link to signup! It's super quick money straight to your Paypal! No minimum cashout fee
Current money earned from cashback: $88

#2064 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:53 PM

No, actually. I've generally had good experiences with ordering from Gamestop.com

Just not this time. I usually don't get a manual or something. Not two thirds of my shipment coming incomplete. Generic artwork, generic case, and no manuals. That's overkill.

Just do what everyone else does, do a store return / rebuy.
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#2065 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:54 PM

Hmm. I'm conflicted right now.
$192 GS Credit vs $180BB Credit which becomes Amazon...
I think I'll go with the BB credit but I have to wait like a month to get my GCs >_<

I had a similar conflict as well. What influenced my decision in the end was a recent TIV drop, which even though would still yield a higher TIV (combined with their current or upcoming bonuses), wouldn't be worth it in the end, considering I could make better use with a comparable amount of credit on Amazon.

#2066 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:56 PM

Just do what everyone else does, do a store return / rebuy.

That's the plan. It's just annoying to have to resort to that.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#2067 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:59 PM

That's the plan. It's just annoying to have to resort to that.

You should be able swap those generic cases at your local store, and not go through the whole return/rebuy thing.

#2068 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 10:09 PM

You should be able swap those generic cases at your local store, and not go through the whole return/rebuy thing.

That'd be really nice.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#2069 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 10:15 PM

That'd be really nice.

That's pretty much the main reason why I don't hesitate ordering from their site from time to time. It can be a pain if your stores don't carry copies of every game from your order, or if they only have copies in generic cases, though. I usually plan my trips accordingly.

#2070 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 10:31 PM

What did you expect? Read through this thread and all the other GS threads and you'll see tons of people either saying they traded in their games without a case or manual or recommending people trade in their games disc-only. If everyone trades in games that way, that's what you''ll get in return. We can't have it both ways.