Gamestop is slashing prices on games and some accessories

gamestop needs to slash inventory on "Gummy Bears Mini Golf" for Wii

Witcher Enhanced Edition for $13 isn't bad. Might be easier to get it on steam though.

X-Men Origins Wolverine is a decent brawler for $10.

DJ Hero 2 Bundle should be $10 any day now. lol

231139b1.jpg

the future of gaming

HINT: The frog is on drugs

It's funny, every time Gamestop (sux) "slashes" prices I always end up finding that same game cheaper elsewhere.

[quote name='lolwut?']Damn, will the Guitar Hero games be the same price in store?[/QUOTE]

Yes they will, most stores have them in the old power saver bin.

I'm tempted to grab a Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Limited Edition at that price, but ehhh... might just use the $40 to get Portal 2.

I was in need of a new 360 headset, so I picked up one of those Modern Warfare 2 "Throat Communicators" for $9.99. Those things are actually really good. Great sound quality and really comfortable. Having it around your throat, you hardly even realize it's there half the time. Great deal.

all crap.. except maybe harvest moon for the ds for 20 bucks. Rune factory is about the price its been on amazon for a while now.

lol @ the gummy bear game.. i kinda want that!

btw is the Xbox 360 Modern Warfare 2 Throat Communicator any good?

[quote name='Kenshindono']all crap.. except maybe harvest moon for the ds for 20 bucks. Rune factory is about the price its been on amazon for a while now.

lol @ the gummy bear game.. i kinda want that!

btw is the Xbox 360 Modern Warfare 2 Throat Communicator any good?[/QUOTE]

heard mixed reviews. my buddy had one and I could barely hear him.

Is Ace Combat Joint Assault any good? Seems like it should be less than $20 by now. Also, these prices are all good in-store right? I remember wanting Harvest Moon and Rune Factory 3, but it was an online only deal. Kind of wish Borderlands GOTY was part of this sale.

I'm kind of interested in the following:
Harvest Moon Sunshine Islands
Rune Factory 3
X-Men Origins
Castlevania Lords of Shadow Limited Edition -My Kmart didn't have any when it hit $30.
Dreamcast Collection -I might wait when this is less than $20 at local retailers.

*yawn* Thanks for the post anyway OP.

Rune Factory 3 is decently priced, if not great. 19.99 vs 29.99 at amazon. Still gonna pass, haven't finished the first one yet :)

[quote name='crazedracerguy']DJ Hero 2 - how low can you go?!?!? I figure if I wait, I can get it at $10 ;)[/QUOTE]

Toys R Us has them beat this week with it at $19.99.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']DJ Hero 2 - how low can you go?!?!? I figure if I wait, I can get it at $10 ;)[/QUOTE]

Anyone have this? I'm mildly interested (I'm at least $10 in gas away from TRU).

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Test Drive Unlimited 2 for $30 looks appealing, but waiting for $20.

Edit: Didn't realize it's also $30 on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

smh well i guess gs sux then

The throat communicator is $9.99 on Amazon as well, but the reviews all point to a big no-no in mic standards: All ambient room noise, most importantly including the game sounds, are picked up in the mic.

I played YDKJ with someone with a headset that did this and it was utterly annoying. I could hear the questions being read through his headset 1/2 a second after hearing them on my TV. I wouldn't never want to be the cause of that torture on anyone, and this headset seems to do that across the board, as mentioned in almost every Amazon/Gamestop review.

[quote name='Kerig']The throat communicator is $9.99 on Amazon as well, but the reviews all point to a big no-no in mic standards: All ambient room noise, most importantly including the game sounds, are picked up in the mic.

I played YDKJ with someone with a headset that did this and it was utterly annoying. I could hear the questions being read through his headset 1/2 a second after hearing them on my TV. I wouldn't never want to be the cause of that torture on anyone, and this headset seems to do that across the board, as mentioned in almost every Amazon/Gamestop review.[/QUOTE]
I have the headset and I have had zero problems with it. I can hear people crystal clear and I asked them if I sounded okay and they said yeah. The only complaint they had was that I sounded like I was kind of far away from the mic, but I was talking quietly.

Sucks that X-Men Origins: Wolverine Uncaged Edition for PS3 isn't on sale. Might jump on Monster Hunter but that's about it.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Sort of annoyed that a few things are actually cheaper now than during the sale.[/QUOTE]

That always happens with Power Saver. Most games that don't move during the sale go lower until those bins are mostly empty.

It's the usual gamble of buy and make sure you get it or wait and hope it doesn't sell out.

At first I thought the person posting about Gummy Bear Mini-Golf was joking. Damn there's a lot of crap on Wii.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fricken Activision and it's Xbox loving bias.

DJ Hero 2 turntable bundle:
PS3/Wii = $25.99
Xbox360 = $24.99

This is why I own almost no Activision games. They always spit in my face for not believing in Microsoft.

[quote name='a_dirty_Shisno']Fricken Activision and it's Xbox loving bias.

DJ Hero 2 turntable bundle:
PS3/Wii = $25.99
Xbox360 = $24.99

This is why I own almost no Activision games. They always spit in my face for not believing in Microsoft.

[/QUOTE]

For a second I thought you were serious. Sometimes it's tough to tell on this site.

[quote name='salty tbone']For a second I thought you were serious. Sometimes it's tough to tell on this site.[/QUOTE]
You think Activision isn't biased towards Xbox?

All COD DLC are 1 month early.
Xbox prices are usually $10 - $30 less.

They give me no reason to purchase their games when I always see cheaper prices solely on the competing console I do not wish to own.

It wouldn't surprise me to find out that the lower price here is because Activision has some prearrangement with GameStop that the Xbox version be cheaper.

[quote name='bananafish900']Anyone have this? I'm mildly interested (I'm at least $10 in gas away from TRU).[/QUOTE]

I picked up the DJ Hero 2 bundle as well as a copy of the first game during the last sale and I'm having a lot of fun with it.

[quote name='a_dirty_Shisno']Xbox prices are usually $10 - $30 less[/QUOTE]

Well you're in luck, the difference is only $1.

[quote name='salty tbone']Well you're in luck, the difference is only $1.[/QUOTE]
It's never been the amount of the difference that has angered me. It's the fact that there always seems to be a difference. $1 or $10, it is always only on sale or on a deeper sale (as in this case) on Xbox.

Now truthfully I considered buying it when I saw the $25 price, but once I saw the higher price for the system I actually own I decided not to give Activision my money at this time. I'll wait until I can get it for $10, just like I did with the original game.

You don't know what you're talking about man. Activision loves money, not xbox.
Microsoft pays out the ass to gain the early exclusivity on dlc. Its not just activision either, microsoft owners get fallout dlc early to.
Microsoft pays like crazy for the privelege, and companies love to grant it and why not? Sony owners will still buy the dlc, just later.

Nothing to do with anyone loving anyone, everything to do with money.

[quote name='OnettHero']You don't know what you're talking about man. Activision loves money, not xbox.
Microsoft pays out the ass to gain the early exclusivity on dlc. Its not just activision either, microsoft owners get fallout dlc early to.
Microsoft pays like crazy for the privelege, and companies love to grant it and why not? Sony owners will still buy the dlc, just later.

Nothing to do with anyone loving anyone, everything to do with money.[/QUOTE]
I do know what I'm talking about.

Whether or not they are being paid to give so many benefits to microsoft, I have no incentive to purchase their games on the only console I own. Why should I buy a game for $40, $50, $60, etc. when anyone with an Xbox can almost always get it for less?

[quote name='TheCro']Damn. Ain't shit on sale for PS3.[/QUOTE]

DJ Hero 2 Bundle for $26 seems to be about the only good PS3 sale listed.

[quote name='a_dirty_Shisno']I do know what I'm talking about.

Whether or not they are being paid to give so many benefits to microsoft, I have no incentive to purchase their games on the only console I own. Why should I buy a game for $40, $50, $60, etc. when anyone with an Xbox can almost always get it for less?[/QUOTE]

The cost to the consumer is higher because of a $7 per sku console fee xbox & sony charges. Now, that console fee can be lowered if the publisher provides an exclusive content only to that console. In addition, sony charges an additional licensing fee for blu-ray technology. Part of that extra $1 you pay also covers the 'free' multi-player servers on PS3.

[quote name='k9homan']The cost to the consumer is higher because of a $7 per sku console fee xbox & sony charges. Now, that console fee can be lowered if the publisher provides an exclusive content only to that console. In addition, sony charges an additional licensing fee for blu-ray technology. Part of that extra $1 you pay also covers the 'free' multi-player servers on PS3.[/QUOTE]
I'm afraid you're going to have to clairify this "$7 per sku console fee", as I can't seem to find any information about it through a google search.

And I'm a little confused. I find it hard to fathom that Microsoft would pay Activision to make exclusive DLC and then go and wave this fee that Activision is supposed to pay Microsoft as a reward for Activision making exclusive DLC that Microsoft paid for.

Also, I highly contend with "Part of that extra $1 you pay also covers the 'free' multi-player servers on PS3". If that were the case, then every multiplatform game would be about $1 more on PS3 than it is on Xbox. Instead, only Activision games are routinely available for lower prices on Xbox than on PS3.

[quote name='Nyxaz']DJ Hero 2 Bundle for $26 seems to be about the only good PS3 sale listed.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, which i picked up day one during the Power Saver sale.

[quote name='a_dirty_Shisno']I'm afraid you're going to have to clairify this "$7 per sku console fee", as I can't seem to find any information about it through a google search.

And I'm a little confused. I find it hard to fathom that Microsoft would pay Activision to make exclusive DLC and then go and wave this fee that Activision is supposed to pay Microsoft as a reward for Activision making exclusive DLC that Microsoft paid for.

Also, I highly contend with "Part of that extra $1 you pay also covers the 'free' multi-player servers on PS3". If that were the case, then every multiplatform game would be about $1 more on PS3 than it is on Xbox. Instead, only Activision games are routinely available for lower prices on Xbox than on PS3.[/QUOTE]

He's probably referring to the per unit licensing fee that both MS and Sony (and Nintendo) charge publishers on game software.

In the past, such as with GTA IV, MS did throw down alot of cash for temporary exclusivity of DLC....in that case Rockstar was hard up for cash, Sony's installed base wasn't nearly a large as it is now, and MS made a point by taking a game series that had always had Sony hardware the lead platform and now made the 360 the lead platform (at least in consumers minds, if not Rockstar's) and had fairly serious exclusivity...I think it was good for at least a year.

However, the marketplace has changed....DLC is now a well established business (it may be hard to believe but it has taken quite a while for publishers to figure out what works and doesn't work on DLC (horse armor anyone?) and the PS3 now had sizable installed base as well.

I have no specific knowledge of the agreement that activision and MS made in regards to black ops, but I suspect that it doesn't involve large amounts of cash going from MS to activision, but likely has a ton of extra marketing support for black ops done by MS at low fees. At this stage, MS knows exactly how much value it has to offer activision because it knows exactly how many map packs are sold and also has a platform that is fairly advertiser friendly (the PS3 currently is much less so). Both parties know that they need each other to make more profit (as much as activision thinks it deserves a cut of MS's Xbox live subscriptions, I can't see that line of thought being brought up to forcefully) nor is 30 days exclusivity that much a marketing feature to justify paying a ton of cash for. It is not like PS3 and Xbox players battle on the same network and thus Xbox players would have some sort of advantage over PS3 players if they got the maps 30 days sooner than PS3 players. It is something to brag about at E3 but really isn't big deal in the overall market....It is not like people are going to dump their PS3s and buy a 360 because of something like this.

[quote name='a_dirty_Shisno']I'm afraid you're going to have to clairify this "$7 per sku console fee", as I can't seem to find any information about it through a google search.

Also, I highly contend with "Part of that extra $1 you pay also covers the 'free' multi-player servers on PS3". If that were the case, then every multiplatform game would be about $1 more on PS3 than it is on Xbox. Instead, only Activision games are routinely available for lower prices on Xbox than on PS3.[/QUOTE]

Forbes has a pretty good write-up here:
http://www.forbes.com/2006/12/19/ps...pensivegames_slide_5.html?thisSpeed=undefined

Forbes' reporters are spot on, it is usually around $7, depending what your publisher's relationship with console owner.

[quote name='K_G']I have no specific knowledge of the agreement that activision and MS made in regards to black ops, but I suspect that it doesn't involve large amounts of cash going from MS to activision, but likely has a ton of extra marketing support for black ops done by MS at low fees...[/QUOTE]

Its more of, a share of the pie when a sale is made. The shared marketing cost, MDF, (marketing development fund) is only a very small percentage...

[quote name='Chemosh013']Is it sad that the only thing I'm remotely interested in on that list is the Darth Vader Wii Sensor Bar holder?[/QUOTE]

Ya its a very nice statue, i grabbed it at TRU for the same price. Solid piece and looks great.

bread's done
Back