[DEAD]The Sims 3 (PS3/360/Wii) $19.99 at Amazon

This trades in to BB for $25.

Now, this isn't an invitation for you jackholes to flip 10 copies for a $50 profit and ruin the TIV.

I'm just saying that if you want to take a chance on it, BB will pay you $5 to do so.

bought this game on release day last novemeber (or was it october?)

no regrets.

just as fun as the pc version. except you get to play it on a big screen, and other people get to ywatch you play. my sister became interested and bought the pc version for herself lol

I heard i was glitch filled and that the xbox version as a little less buggy than the ps3. Anyone confirm this or was that people just being overly sensitive?

Also I believe there is DLC, in the form of furniture packs and stuff like that but you gotta pay, I don't have the game so don't quote me on this.

I have wanted this game for awhile and this price seems about where I wanted it. I may need to bite.

[quote name='giantqtipz']just as fun as the pc version. except you get to play it on a big screen, and other people get to ywatch you play. my sister became interested and bought the pc version for herself lol[/QUOTE]

Nothing unique about the console experience and the big screen. Unless you are using an old Tube TV with only 300 ohm antenna inputs.

(Its called a HTPC).

[quote name='Greatwhitecoley']I heard i was glitch filled and that the xbox version as a little less buggy than the ps3. Anyone confirm this or was that people just being overly sensitive?

Also I believe there is DLC, in the form of furniture packs and stuff like that but you gotta pay, I don't have the game so don't quote me on this.

I have wanted this game for awhile and this price seems about where I wanted it. I may need to bite.[/QUOTE]

There was a gltich on 360 (not sure about the ps3 version) that essentially renders the game unplayable after a while because it freezes while you are saving. I dunno if it's been fixed, it's the reason why I traded my copy in last year.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']There was a gltich on 360 (not sure about the ps3 version) that essentially renders the game unplayable after a while because it freezes while you are saving. I dunno if it's been fixed, it's the reason why I traded my copy in last year.[/QUOTE]

I was just reading that it is on both platforms, but it isn't as wide spread as I thought at first. The only thing that does bother me is it looks like there is almost no support from EA on this game, which is a bit disappointing, but 20 dollars to play a sims game is not bad. I will think on it though, it could be fun but I don't wanna keep buying games with my backlog what it is, and this is a game that could be played for awhile.

If your worried about backlog, just pass for now. It's not like this game's value will rise or it will become hard to find. Just grab it during a BOGO sale or when it drops further.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']If your worried about backlog, just pass for now. It's not like this game's value will rise or it will become hard to find. Just grab it during a BOGO sale or when it drops further.[/QUOTE]

That is what I am thinking. I have waited this long, won't kill me to wait longer, and like you said it may drop more.

Aside from the save killing glitch....i might buy the 360 version again ^_^. Sold it to a local game store for 30$ a few weeks ago XD

Then again, im still pissed its getting the typical EA treatment. None of the awesome expansions

Very tempting for me as well but it also makes sense to hold off for all the reasons espoused above ;). So, not sure... I may bite tonight, especially if I get a promo credit for the Portal 2 price drop.

I've never played a Sims game before. Do you recommend the PS3 version?

I heard that there is a major bug that you encounter after saving so many times, it just stops saving and freezes.

EDIT: it seems this bug is rampant and EA has made no efforts in trying to fix it. It is on both, the 360 and PS3.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mtxbass1']Is there any sort of DLC for this? I've been wanting to buy this for PC for years, but have always held out.[/QUOTE]

There's so much dlc that I'm surprised there's content on the disc

Not literally.. But yes, there's a bit of expensive dlc

[quote name='turls']Nothing unique about the console experience and the big screen. Unless you are using an old Tube TV with only 300 ohm antenna inputs.

(Its called a HTPC).[/QUOTE]

its not unique to you but its certainly unique to me lol. i couldnt get my family engaged in the game when i play it on the pc. its too small, and people would have to get multiple chairs and squeeze in just to watch.

but since i have a big tv in the living room, everyone can just sit back on the sofa and watch. i got my sister into the game, and my architect brother in law is addicted to it too.

As part of a "mothers day sale" amazon has the Sims 3 on sale for a "limited time".
Considering I always see it for $40 or higher, I'm picking it up at this price.

Good price but be warned there is an indious bug the eventually results in a freeze while trying to save your game and having to reset the console. It eventually makes the game unplayable unless you start over. It's been reported to EA but it doesn't appear that they have any plans to ever fix it. Hard for me to recommend at any price due to that.

Thought about buying the Wii version for a friend who doesn't have anything else.. aaaaaand then I saw the reviews on Amazon.com

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']How was he to see it? It was already 1/2 way down the first page.[/QUOTE]

you know we have access to the "search" function, right? ;)

I have to say I have horrid luck with te search function. Usually is just do a really thorough scan of the first 2 pages and figure if it is not there it's either new, or could just use a bump cause it's buried.

Ugh! Don't think i can deal with bugs like that. This is the reason why i no longer play the version that came with my Samsung Vibrant. Game freezes all the time and EA knows and refuses to fix it.

[quote name='Scorch']you know we have access to the "search" function, right? ;)[/QUOTE]

Most people have access to the concept of sarcasm as well.

bread's done
Back