Official "The Dark Knight Rises" Thread - Now Out on Blu-Ray/DVD

• Please log in to reply
440 replies to this topic

#91 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2011 - 01:08 AM

Not really feeling the costume but maybe she'll look better when we see her standing up (I just really wanna see how tight that leather is *droool*).

#92 IRHari

IRHari

Posted 07 August 2011 - 09:54 PM

Bane is going to have some company as this movie is crowded.

Catwoman is already in the movie, along with a laundry list of actors who could turn out to be anyone in the movie. Marion Cotillard (the wife from Inception) as Miranda Tate is suspected to be a red herring for Talia, which makes a lot of sense given her accent and her look. Joseph Gordon Levitt as "John Blake" is speculated to be anyone from the film's version Harvey Bullock to Ridder to any other villain. There's also a "street smart Gotham girl" and a "Mad Scientst" cast who could be Harley Quinn and Hugo Strange. Who knows who may end up in the film at this rate.

Yeah with all the characters, I hope this doesn't become like Spiderman 3 where there are way too many villains/side characters to explore. Or like True Blood Season 4.
"People the world over have always been more impressed by the power of our example than by the example of our power." -Bill Clinton

#93 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 07 August 2011 - 10:03 PM

I think it will be fine.

I don't think Catwoman will really be a villain in this film. She'll be more another vigilante type crossing paths with Batman and maybe helping him some and fighting him some as usual with that charcter.

Bane will be a villain like Scarecrow in the first--i.e. just the henchman. While Talia as the new head of the League of Shadows is the main villain.

That's my guess on how it will play out anyway.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#94 Gden

Gden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 04:57 AM

I'm with Dmaul I think catwoman will be more like she was in the animated series, not a villain, more of an anti-hero. Helps batman, but also a thief
I'm not changing my signature until Busou Renkin, and Trizenon get licensed.
FC: Pokemon Pearl - 1160-6253-4611
Posted Image

#95 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:33 PM

And here it is folks...full body shot.......... :(
http://celebrity-gos...-angeles-546936

Posted Image

Posted Image

Tim Burton's Catwoman wins!

meow!

Posted Image

#96 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:50 PM

i hate that so much of this is being leaked I remember seeing one very blurry shot of Ledger and it didn't do it justice at all. but nothing that gave any plot away.

Destro1.gif            DestroVega.jpg

#97 nasum

nasum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:25 PM

hmm, let's see here, Anne Hathaway in head to toe pleather with thigh high boots and stripper heels? Is it possible to do a one handed slow clap?
3DS Buddy Code 2767-0055-5245 send a pm with your code if you add and I will return the favor
XBL - Nasum2

#98 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:29 PM

Pfeiffer was way hotter.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#99 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:40 PM

Michelle Pfeiffer looks retarded.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#100 nasum

nasum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:23 PM

Pfeiffer was way hotter.

but she wasn't the real catwoman, she was an obsessed psycho that went off the deep end and decided to rob a few places whereas catwoman is written to be more of a gray area between thief and heroine, but never outright villian.
3DS Buddy Code 2767-0055-5245 send a pm with your code if you add and I will return the favor
XBL - Nasum2

#101 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:26 PM

hmm, let's see here, Anne Hathaway in head to toe pleather with thigh high boots and stripper heels? Is it possible to do a one handed slow clap?

Exactly. The mask and ears don't look so great but damn - she looks great in that full body leather .... wait for it.... cat suit.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#102 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:27 PM

I feel like Hathaway looks pretty awkward for the role, body or not.

#103 crunchb3rry

crunchb3rry

Posted 27 September 2011 - 07:32 PM

She's Catwoman? That's the costume? That's her hairdo? WTF?

#104 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 07:40 PM

I'm suddenly having flashbacks of "the guy from 10 Things I Hate About You is gonna be the Joker?!?!?"

#105 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 07:41 PM

but she wasn't the real catwoman, she was an obsessed psycho that went off the deep end and decided to rob a few places whereas catwoman is written to be more of a gray area between thief and heroine, but never outright villian.

It was michelle pfeiffer in a skin tight leather cat suit, you think I cared about her back story?
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#106 nasum

nasum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2011 - 06:18 PM

I'm in the office so I can't check Mr. Skin, but hasn't there been better options for Michelle Pfeifer?
XBL - Nasum2

#107 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:00 PM

Looks like we have confirmation that a six-minute teaser bit for Dark Knight Rises will be shown as a pre-movie item in front of Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol, on IMAX theatres only that show in 70mm format, not digital:
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=7620

List of IMAX theaters, and according to the link above, any theater that is a 70mm IMAX theater will get the DKR teaser:
http://www.lfexaminer.com/theaUSA.htm

#108 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:49 PM

Still not enough to make me sit through another Mission Impossible movie.

#109 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:03 PM

I was debating to go see the movie if only to see the trailer.

But then I figured...it'll be on the internet no later than 10 minutes after Mission Impossible is over. I'll wait over seeing that movie...

#110 Vader582

Vader582

Dark Lord of Savings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:19 PM

I thought MI3 was pretty decent. Certainly the best MI they've done since the reboot. Plus if Michelle Monaghan shows up in this new one, BONUS! :drool:
That said, I probably would have waited to see this movie as a rental but if I can see 6 minutes of The Dark Knight Rises, I'm down.
Posted Image
Posted Image
TV?
Spoiler

Spoiler

Fist bump?

#111 Jcaugustine

Jcaugustine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:34 PM

**** BIG SPOILER ****

The ENDING for Dark Knight Rises

SPOILERS BELOW...

Spoiler

Edited by Jcaugustine, 11 November 2011 - 06:42 PM.

CaptAmericaEagle16f.gif

#112 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:39 PM

There are things called spoiler tags. You might want to use them.

#113 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:43 PM

I'm beginning to think Bane can't be done effectively in live action.

#114 Jcaugustine

Jcaugustine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:41 PM

More details regarding ENDING for Dark Knight Rises:

(continued from original story here)

**** SPOILER ****

http://www.comicbook...4/news/?a=49667

Spoiler

Edited by Jcaugustine, 11 November 2011 - 06:37 PM.

CaptAmericaEagle16f.gif

#115 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:59 PM

There are things called spoiler tags. You might want to use them.

Added them to the posts that needed them.

#116 TheCapedCrusader

TheCapedCrusader

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:36 AM

bump

32.gif

CLICK THE BATMAN LOGO FOR MY TRADELIST

#117 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:12 PM

Am I the only one who doesn't like Bane? And is he not going to be very big in this? Looks normal size.

#118 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:13 PM

Am I the only one who doesn't like Bane? And is he not going to be very big in this? Looks normal size.

The thing that the last live action movie to feature Bane got wrong is that he's so damn danger not because he's this big lumbering beast but rather he's so damn smart that he outwits Batman at every turn. The guy's a genius, the muscles and strength augment that but they aren't his greatest asset. Given the way Nolan's movies have gone, I expect that this fits in with his style of making Batman movies more than making Bane a Hulksmash-like villain.

#119 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:59 PM

Yeah, but it wasn't Bane's intelligence that broke Batman's back.

#120 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2011 - 03:06 AM

Yeah, but it wasn't Bane's intelligence that broke Batman's back.

But it was his intelligence that outwitted Batman and got him in the position to do it after being the only villain to figure out Batman's secret identity.