Official "The Dark Knight Rises" Thread - Now Out on Blu-Ray/DVD

• Please log in to reply
440 replies to this topic

#181 VaultBoy101

VaultBoy101

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:44 PM

He's not speaking literally. He's talking about acting the part.

#182 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:02 PM

Please, that's been said for decades, since before most of us were probably born. As soon as Robin showed up people started speculating about a grown man hanging out with a young boy. People jump on everything Morrison says like it's a revelation,and he feeds off it as well.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#183 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:20 PM

I just don't think Bane fits in a live action movie. They can't make him look big enough for one, not without it seeming silly, yet that's his whole shtick, he's huge and monstrously strong. Maybe after I see it I'll feel differently, I just doubt it.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#184 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:42 PM

I think Bane will be fine, but fans of the comics probably won't like him since he won't be anything like the comic version. Seems they're just playing him up more as a menacing terrorist type who happens to be very strong, rather than a genetically enhanced hulk type.

#185 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:02 PM

Or it could be that Bruce Wayne is so emotionally damaged that he doesn't know how to handle relationships or love.

What are we even talking about, it's a fictional character. Fucking nerds! Lol.

#186 UjnHunter

UjnHunter

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:47 PM

Duh.
-Ujn Hunter
Posted Image

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
PS3: Dead Or Alive 5
PSP Vita: Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
Wii U: Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper
iOS: After Burner Climax

#187 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:07 PM

Please, that's been said for decades, since before most of us were probably born. As soon as Robin showed up people started speculating about a grown man hanging out with a young boy. People jump on everything Morrison says like it's a revelation,and he feeds off it as well.

My favorite thing Morrison has said regarding a gay Batman is how creepy Alfred must be to go and craft a Batman suit with nipples.

#188 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:11 PM

Since when is movie sex actually penetration? I refuse to believe that's serious.

That's like Jake Gyllenhal saying, "Well I was fucking Anne Hathaway during 'Love and Other Drugs" and the directer never yelled cut and I blew my load all over her back by accident."

Ridiculous article, ridiculous posts.

it happens theres been a few movies that had real sex in them one i recall was discussed either on oprah or the veiw in length over how inappropriate it was for them to do that. not to mention that flick brown bunny where chloe sevinghy( yeah i killed her name) really gave that guy a blowjob.

that 60s tv show batman was very gay as were a number of the villans. maybe thats why they started to add in female bat characters so hed come off less like a weird pedo who seduces young boys into his dangerous night life activities. on top of that all the kids he picks up are emotionally scarred well the boys are anyway and what boy would turn down all the cool gadgets he has......wow im gonna stop here before i ruin batman for myself.

that rich guy beating up on the poor bit was hilarious but he does beat up on the rich too.

#189 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:18 PM

I think people forget that there are two facets to Bane's character. Yes, one is the hulking mass he becomes when enhanced by Venom. But what makes him a match for Batman is the fact that he is a tactical genius. In the comics, he realizes a direct fight with Batman would be a failure, so he breaks everyone out of Arkham and wears down Batman for months before finally confronting him. Later, he becomes the leader of the Secret Six, and Ra's al Gaul himself said he was one of the greatest minds he had ever met. Nolan, with his more realistic take on Batman, is obviously going to play up the tactical genius element, and considering that he hasn't let me down yet, I will give him the benefit of the doubt, even though Bane looks silly...

#190 HanawayCoca

HanawayCoca

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:24 PM

Two things I ask myself after this trailer: the first Batman voice sounds different. No gravely tone to it like the Batman in the Batplane (or whatever). Different Batman?

Also, how many years has passed since Batman Begins? Im wondering if JGL's character is the boy he gave that gadget to in the first movie.

Batman can't be that old.

JGL can't be that boy, Nolan would hate his film to have Pedophile-Batman jokes.

#191 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:24 PM

"The Dark Knight Rises comes out this summer."

hee

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#192 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:57 PM

it happens theres been a few movies that had real sex in them one i recall was discussed either on oprah or the veiw in length over how inappropriate it was for them to do that. not to mention that flick brown bunny where chloe sevinghy( yeah i killed her name) really gave that guy a blowjob.

that 60s tv show batman was very gay as were a number of the villans. maybe thats why they started to add in female bat characters so hed come off less like a weird pedo who seduces young boys into his dangerous night life activities. on top of that all the kids he picks up are emotionally scarred well the boys are anyway and what boy would turn down all the cool gadgets he has......wow im gonna stop here before i ruin batman for myself.

that rich guy beating up on the poor bit was hilarious but he does beat up on the rich too.

The penis is Brown Bunny was a prosthetic.

EDIT: I remember the debate when the movie came out and reading it was, reading up on it now it seems it might have been real. In any case, it's not the norm. I don't think for a second Ewan McGregor was inside Bale's butthole.

#193 HanawayCoca

HanawayCoca

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:17 PM

http://www.contactmu...scene-with-bale

(Ewan McGregor): "I was f***ing Christian Bale up the arse and the crew was filming. I hadn't done gay penetrative sex before, so I'm standing behind Christian's big naked back, going, 'Wow, this is so... peculiar.' So I start, you know, pumping away slowly, and I start to go a bit more like a bunny rabbit, then like a Jack Russell. Then I said, 'I'm sure I would have come by now.' I glanced back and saw the crew packing up and walking away! I think TODD (HAYNES) hadn't wanted to interrupt us."

Posted Image

What in the blue hell?

#194 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:17 PM

I think people forget that there are two facets to Bane's character. Yes, one is the hulking mass he becomes when enhanced by Venom. But what makes him a match for Batman is the fact that he is a tactical genius. In the comics, he realizes a direct fight with Batman would be a failure, so he breaks everyone out of Arkham and wears down Batman for months before finally confronting him. Later, he becomes the leader of the Secret Six, and Ra's al Gaul himself said he was one of the greatest minds he had ever met. Nolan, with his more realistic take on Batman, is obviously going to play up the tactical genius element, and considering that he hasn't let me down yet, I will give him the benefit of the doubt, even though Bane looks silly...

He honestly looks like Hannibal Lecter on steroids. Maybe we just haven't seen hum bulk up yet, maybe there are some CGI scenes we haven't seen yet. Somebody see if Lou Ferigno is busy...lol.

#195 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

The Eternal Second Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:18 PM

Yeah I think this is pretty stupid argument to have right up there with Bert and Ernie being gay.

Since when is movie sex actually penetration? I refuse to believe that's serious.

That's like Jake Gyllenhal saying, "Well I was fucking Anne Hathaway during 'Love and Other Drugs" and the directer never yelled cut and I blew my load all over her back by accident."

Ridiculous article, ridiculous posts.

arrgg..
just last month i was reading an article about the awkwardness of sex scenes and there was a anon section where 4 actresses of "fairly well known reputations" talked about it. Two of them (or was it just one) said that they had been in situations where the dude spunked on them in the heat of the moment. Wish I could find it.

Edit: Found it

Have you or the person with whom you’ve been doing a scene ever become, uh, aroused?

Betty: Not to mention any names, but one actor came on me during the take. I had to surreptitiously wipe myself off with the sheet. Fortunately, I liked the guy. I found it a little flattering and a little creepy. We never talked about it, so I can't tell you if it was Method acting on his part or if he just found me pretty, but I suspect I'm not the only actress who's had this experience. But I can tell you that twenty years later, when I run into him, my first thought is, There's the guy that had on-camera sex with my abdomen.

Source

Feel free to join the commenters who if you believe them can reason out who these women are and therefor who this actor might be.

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
:wii: Bully - :ps3: Outland
Posted Image
Spoiler

#196 HanawayCoca

HanawayCoca

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:27 PM

The penis is Brown Bunny was a prosthetic.

EDIT: I remember the debate when the movie came out and reading it was, reading up on it now it seems it might have been real. In any case, it's not the norm. I don't think for a second Ewan McGregor was inside Bale's butthole.

Ok from what I gathered, the prosthetic was just a rumor started by a French Filmaker (wiki).

But according to several sites including the actress Chloe Sevigny herself, the BJ scene was real, it was enough to say she could use therapy at some point, and says will never do a scene like that again.

http://gawker.com/57...-bunny-blow-job

"What's happened with that is all very complicated. There are a lot of emotions. I'll probably have to go to therapy at some point. But I love Vincent. The film is tragic and beautiful, and I'm proud of it and my performance. I'm sad that people think one way of the movie, but what can you do? I've done many explicit sex scenes, but I'm not that interested in doing any more. I'm more self-aware now and wouldn't be able to be as free, so why even do it?"

Back to the Dark Knight.

From Ewan McGregor's interview it seems that Christian Bale has been traumatized by this as well. He ends his interview with:

"Christian's never written to me. He never phones anymore."

I feel violated. :-#

#197 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:52 PM

I wouldn't expect any scenes where he's bigger than what we've seen so far.

Nolan goes for the more realistic approach, so they aren't going to have him as the hulk like character of the comics. They'll focus on the tactical genius element more than the brute strength angle as bigdaddybruce posted.

#198 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:21 PM

I must say that the early trailer release was a surprise. I was hoping for the premiere infront of The Avengers.
Spoiler

#199 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:59 AM

I wouldn't expect any scenes where he's bigger than what we've seen so far.

Yeah, definitely not. That would not fit in with Nolan's vision. He's gone pretty far to ground the series as much in reality as a superhero tale can be grounded. I can't see them putting in CGI'ed scenes of Bane doubling in size. You can tell from the trailer that they are clearly going for the cerebral assassin angle, with Bane causing massive havoc around Gotham and mentally breaking down Bruce Wayne...

...of course, as I said earlier, the whole reason Bane causes havoc in Gotham in the comics is because he knows Batman would probably take him in a fair fight. If he's able to kidnap him and hold him hostage, though, one wonders why Bane is bothering with the other stuff. Why not just kill him or break him and be done with it? Maybe something to do with the League of Assassins/Shadows and their plans to destroy Gotham? That would explain the need to bring back Ra's al Ghul...

Of course, with "reality" being Nolan's focus, one has to wonder how they are going to bring back Ra's in the third film, unless both the young and the old Ra's characters are both flashbacks.

I am very interested to see if JGL's character is really more than meet's the eye or if his numerous shots in the trailer are merely a red herring.

#200 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:04 AM

I have very mixed feeling on this so far, and I just hope my impressions and assumptions are wrong. I have a very, very, very bad feeling Nolan is gonna try to "shock" us and do what everyone is predicting: actually have Bane break Batman. If this is gonna be the last of the movies, as they have been saying for some time, that would be a horrible idea, in my opinion. Maybe I'm just a big, sappy moron, but I want this awesome trilogy to end on a happy note. To me, the best way to send this series off is the way the 1989 Batman ended: the city fully embracing Batman as it's protector. If they could get Elfman's score to that scene, I might just cry in the theater like a big homo.

Nolan starts with the comic Batman but has his own vision as to how to a more 'realistic' modern day superhero would be. He could go the route of the Knightfall storyline as he's already committed to ending his trilogy with a real conclusion. This is where I'd expect it to depart from the comic book the most - Batman's fate.

Good observation about comic Bane. I like Tom Hardy so I'm sure it'll be fine. They really need to clean up the voice overs though.

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Gears of War 3

#201 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:25 AM

I think people see what they want to see in Batman, perhaps a reflection of what they're denying their inner selves.

Also, this is another great reason to not read the already extremely unappealing Grant Morrison Batman run.

#202 Jcaugustine

Jcaugustine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:28 AM

Well this is Awkard.

If you think about it, Batman is supposed to be heterosexual in the media, but psychologically going by his history, he could be a closet bisexual by definition.

Either way it's awkward. I'm not even going to try to go into these alleged gay themes of his movies.

CaptAmericaEagle16f.gif

#203 spiderman4657

spiderman4657

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:44 PM

Hello guys I put up this thread to get some support to change Bane's voice back to how it was originally. I don't know if you have seen the the new dark knight rises trailer but long story short he sounds ridiculous. I feel that we should see the movie as Christopher Nolan intended us to see it. So please Google "petition/warner-bros-change-banes-voice-back-in-the-dark", to change bane's voice back. Help spread the word to the people that aren't happy about the new voice change.

#204 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:52 PM

Fucking christ, you people bitch about it being too deep and untintelligible. Now you fucking bitch about it being clear.

By four o'clock I've discounted suicide in favor of killing everyone else in the entire world instead.

#205 metaphysicalstyles

metaphysicalstyles

Boo this man.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:13 PM

I wish I had the time and energy to give a shit about this kind of stuff.
Posted Imagehttp://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/neuroned%27Posted Image

#206 Jcaugustine

Jcaugustine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:19 PM

Bane's new voice is at least clearer now. I couldn't understand the f he was saying in the old one.

CaptAmericaEagle16f.gif

#207 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:51 PM

Of course, with "reality" being Nolan's focus, one has to wonder how they are going to bring back Ra's in the third film, unless both the young and the old Ra's characters are both flashbacks.

That's my guess--those will just be flashbacks and
Spoiler

#208 TheCapedCrusader

TheCapedCrusader

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2012 - 04:34 AM

finally got a chance to update this thread! bump

32.gif

CLICK THE BATMAN LOGO FOR MY TRADELIST

#209 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:16 PM

Just got the email notice that the Dark Knight Rises tickets are on sale through movietickets and Fandango sites. Theres a link on slickdeals frontpage for a B1G1 deal (up to $15 free) on tickets through Fandango. I would reserve your tix now if you're going the IMAX route. Pre-release midnight showings for the IMAX venues in New York sold out quick months ago and they were going for $100 each on ebay. Sorry can't link the promo page since I'm on my smartphone.

#210 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:47 AM

So hours after I bought the DKR tickets, the theater posted the availability of the IMAX version. Guess what? They reserved the IMAX midnight showing for the trilogy showing. This means if you want to see the IMAX version, then you have to see it with the trilogy and pay like 40 bucks...Fuck that. I know it's the last batman, but damn. Was Begins filmed in IMAX(some scenes?), I know DK had some good IMAX scenes.

Either way I won't be able to see the trilogy as I HAVE to work that night and I can't cancel my class (won't get paid).