Xenoblade and The Last Story in the US?

MorPhiend

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
[quote name='"Operation Rainfall Blog"']Source: NTSC Xenoblade Done, The Last Story In Progress
NTSC Xenoblade Finished Prior to E3 Nintendo of America Sitting on Announcement

July 7, 2011

American localization of Xenoblade is complete, The Last Story is currently being translated to English for an American release, but there is no word on Pandora’s Tower localization. This information was disclosed to Operation Rainfall today from a source within Nintendo who wishes to remain anonymous. There is currently no indication of when Nintendo of America plans to formally announce these titles.

Last week Nintendo of America told its followers on Facebook and Twitter that it had no plans to bring Xenoblade, The Last Story, and Pandora’s tower to America “at this time.” Nintendo intentionally left open the possibility of release. Allegedly, the Redmond, WA branch has been working with other branches to bring Xenoblade and The Last Story to North America.

According to our source, The NTSC version of Xenoblade was completed just over a month ago, while testing for the PAL and NTSC versions of The Last Story could begin in a month. There is currently no word on localization for an NTSC version of Pandora’s Tower.

Remember, this information was disclosed to Operation Rainfall in confidence. Until Nintendo of America makes an announcement, there will be no official word of an NTSC release. However, this news has increased our hope for a North American release of these games. It could also explain why retailers like Amazon continue to have Xenoblade (Monado: Beginning of the World) listed on their website.

Make of this information what you will, but after much internal discussion Operation Rainfall believed it would be best to share this information with our followers. Consider this our announcement of a forthcoming announcement.

Help us keep the pressure on Nintendo, and hopefully we will get a formal announcement of Xenoblade, The Last Story, and Pandora's Tower sooner rather than later.
[/QUOTE]
http://oprainfall.blogspot.com/2011/07/source-ntsc-xenoblade-done-last-story.html

Just a rumor at this point, but there is hope. I see no reason for the people who started this campaign to pull a hoax.

UPDATE: 15 July 2011
Nintendo Issued The Last Story Trademark in US
Release of missing Wii game is still unlikely.

Nintendo of America has been officially issued a trademark for The Last Story,one of the missing Wii games that the company said it had no plans to bring to the US.

Nintendo filed for the trademark back in January 2010, but only received it this week. This doesn't mean that the company will release the game, but it could spark hope in those fans still holding out on the Mistwalker RPG.

The game is still on track for a 2012 release in Europe.
http://wii.ign.com/articles/118/1182192p1.html

Doesn't necessarily mean anything, but it's not bad news.

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt this is true. If Nintendo was going to release these games, they would have announced it.

Even announcing it at this point won't get rid of the bad taste in people's mouths from their flippant response to the fan campaign.

Interesting if true. I don't look forward to the mediocre sales these titles will receive, but I'll definitely be looking at them day 1.

[quote name='pete5883']It's kind of funny that some guy is very careful to protect his identity, and isn't even right.[/QUOTE]
Not if they were deliberately trolling, which is possible.

It's also possible they want to hold these titles over for the Wii U launch since they are supposedly going after the less casual crowd now and don't want the barren launch line up the 3DS had.

[quote name='LostRoad']All this over these two games. Sure they look good but where the hell is DQX already?[/QUOTE]

Probably being ported to the Wii-U as a launch title. Nintendo would love to have everybody in Japan buy a Wii-U on day 1, and that would make it happen.

And, as an added bonus, it would be another fuck you to Wii owners, who wonder why they waited hours for this console back in '06.

the sooner dqx comes out the sooner i buy whatever system it ends up on. personally im pulling for the wii u so i can just skip the wii completely but still enjoy the few games it has that i'd like to play

[quote name='Supreme0ne']the sooner dqx comes out the sooner i buy whatever system it ends up on. personally im pulling for the wii u so i can just skip the wii completely but still enjoy the few games it has that i'd like to play[/QUOTE]

Wii U is backwards compatible so you can do that anyway?

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Probably being ported to the Wii-U as a launch title. Nintendo would love to have everybody in Japan buy a Wii-U on day 1, and that would make it happen.

And, as an added bonus, it would be another fuck you to Wii owners, who wonder why they waited hours for this console back in '06.[/QUOTE]
DQX is still a Wii game, at least as of last month - http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/06/23/dqx_wiiu_clarification/

[quote name='blueshinra']DQX is still a Wii game, at least as of last month - http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/06/23/dqx_wiiu_clarification/[/QUOTE]

Alrighty, it's gonna be on both, like Twilight Princess, the Zelda game promised to GCN owners, only to have a superior version out on the Wii before the GCN version's release.

So I'm gonna call it right now - Two versions of DQX, one on Wii-U and one on the Wii. Everybody loses. Except Nintendo, laughing all the way to the bank.

If NOA doesn't put out either Xenoblade and/or Last Story, a lot less people are going to buy DQX when it comes out stateside because of it.

Even though I hate NOA, I'll buy DQ X anyway it if its on the Wii.
I just don't want to get a Wii U until there is actually release dates for rpgs and we aren't getting party games instead.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']This is bullshit per a very reliable source at GAF.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=29162422&postcount=7[/QUOTE]

I figured they got something wrong when they referred to "American localization," since if it does come over, I'd assume it to be just a NTSC format version of the already finished European localization.

But calling it complete bullshit? Why would NOA Product Testing be testing a PAL version of a game and/or a game NOA doesn't plan to release? Seems like that would be a waste of time/money.

[quote name='Cheapskate']I figured they got something wrong when they referred to "American localization," since if it does come over, I'd assume it to be just a NTSC format version of the already finished European localization.

But calling it complete bullshit? Why would NOA Product Testing be testing a PAL version of a game and/or a game NOA doesn't plan to release? Seems like that would be a waste of time/money.[/QUOTE]

In the past NOA has tested other NOE only games. NOA has one of the best game testing team around.

[quote name='KingBroly']If NOA doesn't put out either Xenoblade and/or Last Story, a lot less people are going to buy DQX when it comes out stateside because of it.[/QUOTE]

I would love to hear the logic behind this.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Buy it used.[/QUOTE]
Yes, help reinforce the perception that RPGs don't sell on Wii, ensuring games like XB/TLS never come to NA.

[quote name='KingBroly']If NOA doesn't put out either Xenoblade and/or Last Story, a lot less people are going to buy DQX when it comes out stateside because of it.[/QUOTE]

To be honest, I doubt many DQ fans have even heard of Xenoblade or Last Story. Don't get the arrogance that we represent the whole Nintendo audience.

[quote name='pete5883']Yes, help reinforce the perception that RPGs don't sell on Wii, ensuring games like XB/TLS never come to NA.[/QUOTE]

Except they aren't coming to NA anyway. By the time DQX comes out, they're not going to go back and release XB/TLS here.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Except they aren't coming to NA anyway. By the time DQX comes out, they're not going to go back and release XB/TLS here.[/QUOTE]
I think you missed the keyword "like". Maybe more RPGs will be made for the Wii U, but they won't be brought out because low sales for DQX. Maybe even DQXI won't come to the US and you'll be bitching about it even though it's your own fault.
Boycotting because a title you want doesn't make it over is idiotic because all it does is ensure that more titles you want won't come over.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I think you missed the keyword "like". Maybe more RPGs will be made for the Wii U, but they won't be brought out because low sales for DQX. Maybe even DQXI won't come to the US and you'll be bitching about it even though it's your own fault.
Boycotting because a title you want doesn't make it over is idiotic because all it does is ensure that more titles you want won't come over.[/QUOTE]

If DQX sells well, what makes you think Nintendo will decide to release more RPGs in the future besides more DQ games? Seems like Nintendo isn't willing to take many risks when it comes to non-shovelware titles that aren't part of an existing popular franchise. I don't think they ever will be since nearly every major seller on the Wii is casual software, crap or Mario-something.

I mean, would it kill Nintendo to take some small risks? They're not exactly in financial trouble and there's clearly a some demand for Xenoblade and TLS.

[quote name='Vinny']If DQX sells well, what makes you think Nintendo will decide to release more RPGs in the future besides more DQ games? [/QUOTE]

I'm not saying it will. I'm saying that if DQX sells poorly then it will re-enforce the idea that JRPGs won't sell well here, and there will be no chance for JRPGs in the future.

there's clearly a some demand for Xenoblade and TLS.

I think one thing that people are overlooking here is that by the time NoA is able to release the 3 games, the Wii U will probably be out. It's the same reason why very few PSP games are going to be released now. And honestly I think we're losing more from the PSP than these 3 games from the Wii.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I think you missed the keyword "like". Maybe more RPGs will be made for the Wii U, but they won't be brought out because low sales for DQX. Maybe even DQXI won't come to the US and you'll be bitching about it even though it's your own fault.
Boycotting because a title you want doesn't make it over is idiotic because all it does is ensure that more titles you want won't come over.[/QUOTE]
I don't think DQXI is the best example. Nintendo seems to be in bed with S-E and will probably bring out DQ games til the end of time. They're publishing Joker 2 here, for chrissakes.

If NOA is dead set against these games coming out in the U.S. and at the same time they're promising renewed focus on hardcoard gamers with WiiU, then logically I would think that a slightly enhanced version of these games will launch with WiiU.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I'm not saying it will. I'm saying that if DQX sells poorly then it will re-enforce the idea that JRPGs won't sell well here, and there will be no chance for JRPGs in the future.

I think one thing that people are overlooking here is that by the time NoA is able to release the 3 games, the Wii U will probably be out. It's the same reason why very few PSP games are going to be released now. And honestly I think we're losing more from the PSP than these 3 games from the Wii.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough on the first point though I think the opposite could also hold true: if Nintendo keeps releasing the same old franchises, they'll again be reinforcing the stereotype that they rely too much on their own first party games.

As for the Wii U, yes, I'm sure they'll promote it hard but no way will they ignore the Wii. The Wii has a huge installed based and I doubt the Wii U will sell anywhere nearly as well as the Wii initially did. I mean, the 3DS hasn't exactly been breaking sales records so it's good for Nintendo to have the DS still going strong. I'm sure they'll enjoy having some games on the Wii in the likely event that the Wii U gets off to a slow start.

[quote name='pete5883']I don't think DQXI is the best example. Nintendo seems to be in bed with S-E and will probably bring out DQ games til the end of time. They're publishing Joker 2 here, for chrissakes.[/QUOTE]
Until I get confirmation of Rocket Slime 3 here in the US. I would like to doubt that they are in bed with them and they just like to make out occasionally :lol:. Still though if they want me to buy this Wii-U, show me you want us to buy new games like Xenoblade by releasing them in the US.

I seriously wanted these games to come to America, looks like my Wii will be collecting more dust now...

and I hate the DQ series, only one I can really stand is DQVIII

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Until I get confirmation of Rocket Slime 3 here in the US. I would like to doubt that they are in bed with them and they just like to make out occasionally :lol:. Still though if they want me to buy this Wii-U, show me you want us to buy new games like Xenoblade by releasing them in the US.[/QUOTE]
I think it'll happen.

Nintendo Issued The Last Story Trademark in US
Release of missing Wii game is still unlikely.

Nintendo of America has been officially issued a trademark for The Last Story,one of the missing Wii games that the company said it had no plans to bring to the US.

Nintendo filed for the trademark back in January 2010, but only received it this week. This doesn't mean that the company will release the game, but it could spark hope in those fans still holding out on the Mistwalker RPG.

The game is still on track for a 2012 release in Europe.
http://wii.ign.com/articles/118/1182192p1.html

Doesn't necessarily mean anything, but it's not bad news.

Huh, still no announced release yet that I'm aware of, but I just got the following email from Amazon (bolding mine):

We're still trying to obtain the following item you ordered on June 25 2011 (Order# xxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx).

"Monado: Beginning of the World"
Estimated arrival date: September 24 2011

If you would like to learn more about pre-ordering video games from Amazon.com, including when you can expect to receive your new video game, please visit our help page.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this delay.

The main item page still doesn't list any release date. Anyone want to guess whether it actually means anything, or whether Amazon is just confused?

I preorderd that Monado game. It won't ever come though.

Received my Xenoblade today, can't wait to boot it up.

As long as NoE releases TLG and Pandora's Tower, I'm happy. This game looks fucking gorgeous on the Dolphin Emulator.

[quote name='arcane93']Huh, still no announced release yet that I'm aware of, but I just got the following email from Amazon (bolding mine):

The main item page still doesn't list any release date. Anyone want to guess whether it actually means anything, or whether Amazon is just confused?[/QUOTE]
That's just what amazon does when you order something without a release date. Doesn't mean anything.

[quote name='Vinny']As long as NoE releases TLG and Pandora's Tower, I'm happy. This game looks fucking gorgeous on the Dolphin Emulator.[/QUOTE]

That's what I heard. I... obtained... Xenoblade a few days ago. Was gonna boot it up, but decided till I could get around to setting up Dolphin on my laptop to play in 1080p.

Well isn't this craptastic?

By that point, I would have rather waited a few more months and had a revamped WiiU version...

Phew, good thing I didn't import a PAL copy of it. This'll be nice to grab when it gets released, hopefully they release the other titles from Operation Rainfall as well.

Day 1 purchase for me. I might actually even pre-order it at GS (something I have done only one other time in the past... to get my Wii system on launch day).

I know alot of you bought the PAL import, but if you have the budget I suggest double-dipping to send a loud message to NOA that they dropped the ball on this one (and hopefully get all future releases on time).

bread's done
Back