Photo
* * * * - 10 votes

Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 20% off select games: South Park, Thief, Titanfall and more

green man gaming gmg pc downloads pc greenmangaming

• Please log in to reply
10748 replies to this topic

#1921 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:07 AM

This is my first purchase from GMG... I checked out with PayPal. As soon as I confirmed the transaction on PayPal, it took me to an error page on GMG. I checked PayPal and GMG charged me, but no game has showed up on my GMG account. It's been 15 minutes now.

Is this normal with GMG? Certainly isn't giving me a good first impression...

Definitely not normal. If you have a charge in your Paypal I would go ahead and contact their support team. They should be able to get a key for you.

Get a $2 credit for spending $2 and signing up with Green Man Gaming using my link

#1922 gatornate1503

gatornate1503

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:38 AM

Definitely picking up Last Remnant!
Posted Image

Posted Image

#1923 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:43 AM

Two credit cards and Paypal and I can't get my order to process. Not ideal payment options on this site.

edit : I could never get a payment authorized, but it turns out I had two accounts, both with a free copy of Disciples II Gold. I used the coupon code and traded in one copy for $3 and ended up getting the game for free anyway. That worked out okay, but man is their site frustrating.

Edited by Decker, 24 July 2012 - 05:08 AM.

decker%2001.jpg

#1924 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:14 AM

I wonder how many people have the same issue? Seems like this payment issue always pops up. When GMG announced their first free game I was so excited to get it I forgot to go through a referral link :( So I missed out on the referral credit. I did verify though and I pay with paypal and never had any issue with the site.

I didn't know about their referral credit when I signed up. :cry: Was able to buy TLR with a prepaid Walmart card. I got tired of credit card numbers with large limits getting stolen so now if they do, well let them reload the damn thing. lol
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#1925 gnargnargnar

gnargnargnar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:26 AM

Hrm, $32 for a pre-order steam copy of Dark Souls with the code.
Posted Image

#1926 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:31 AM

Hrm, $32 for a pre-order steam copy of Dark Souls with the code.

Wait, what? They are distributing Steam keys for it elsewhere? Why the hell did they even bother with GFWL then?

steam_sig.png

#1927 gnargnargnar

gnargnargnar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:39 AM

Wait, what? They are distributing Steam keys for it elsewhere? Why the hell did they even bother with GFWL then?

That's what I thought. I really wasn't expecting to see 'Steam Required' when I clicked the link. But sure enough, there it was.
Posted Image

#1928 dejeckt

dejeckt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:29 AM

This is my first purchase from GMG... I checked out with PayPal. As soon as I confirmed the transaction on PayPal, it took me to an error page on GMG. I checked PayPal and GMG charged me, but no game has showed up on my GMG account. It's been 15 minutes now.

Is this normal with GMG? Certainly isn't giving me a good first impression...

If they charged you then check your 'my games' or 'keys' under your account. Should have it listed, or alternatively check your email cause they mail out the keys to the email you registered with.

#1929 gunstar808

gunstar808

Capitalism, Ho!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:17 AM

Grabbed Darksiders and Last Remnant for $1.99 after voucher and free game trade ins.

+2 to steam library!

#1930 igame

igame

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:42 AM

Got Last Remnant for free after trade in hurray!
igame

#1931 Viper45

Viper45

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:43 AM

If they charged you then check your 'my games' or 'keys' under your account. Should have it listed, or alternatively check your email cause they mail out the keys to the email you registered with.

Nothing in my games list, keys, or email. I shot their support a message like Rybrad suggested. I took a quick look on GMG's forums and found that this has happened to quite a few people in the last couple weeks.

I guess if you're planning to pick this deal up (or anything from GMG), be aware they might "forget" to send you your game. :???:

#1932 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:19 AM

I couldnt clear basket once, had to enter address and stuff before I could
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#1933 watcher0

watcher0

CAGmeister

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:28 AM

Fuck, this buggy website isn't worth the trouble. No money from me.
[URL="http://direct2drive.tellapal.com/a/clk/mgkpx"][/URL]

#1934 Viper45

Viper45

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:07 AM

Nothing in my games list, keys, or email. I shot their support a message like Rybrad suggested. I took a quick look on GMG's forums and found that this has happened to quite a few people in the last couple weeks.

I guess if you're planning to pick this deal up (or anything from GMG), be aware they might "forget" to send you your game. :???:

Well that turned out better than expected. GMG already solved the issue, and not only did they give me a full refund, they gave me $5 credit so I can re-buy the ($3) game for free. :)

You win this time, GMG. ;)

#1935 wampa8jedi

wampa8jedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:20 AM

FWIW, I really enjoyed playing TLR a few years ago on my 360. It's definitely a unique game and you can really screw (or get screwed by) the balance, but easily worth playing if you're into this type of game, IMO.

#1936 SelmaBlair

SelmaBlair

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:22 AM

Grabbed Darksiders and Last Remnant for $1.99 after voucher and free game trade ins.

+2 to steam library!

Same. I bought Last Remnant on 360 but it's unplayable during battles as the game turns into a slideshow even when installed. Heard PC version was much better.

#1937 Meeza

Meeza

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:25 AM

GMG does have its fair share of payment hiccups but I think their customer support usually makes up for it. Steam on the other hand...ugh, wait a week only to get a copy pasted answer that doesn't even relate to the question.

Oh and great deal, not one of the best RPGs out there, but for $3.74 or less with a discount, it should give you plenty of enjoyment...hopefully :)

#1938 Angelwatch

Angelwatch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:26 AM

Looks like I missed out. It was one I wanted but I can hold off until it goes on sale somewhere else. I, now, have a massive backlog thanks to the Steam Summer Sale.

#1939 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:20 PM

Looks like I missed out. It was one I wanted but I can hold off until it goes on sale somewhere else. I, now, have a massive backlog thanks to the Steam Summer Sale.

You could still pick it up for $7.20 with the voucher code if you are that interested.

Get a $2 credit for spending $2 and signing up with Green Man Gaming using my link

#1940 Meeza

Meeza

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:09 AM

Picked up Guild Wars 2 Pre-order for $48 with the second voucher code...not bad at all. Got the code and already registered on the guild wars 2 site. Really enjoyed the Beta and no monthly fees is nice.

#1941 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:37 AM

Picked up Guild Wars 2 Pre-order for $48 with the second voucher code...not bad at all. Got the code and already registered on the guild wars 2 site. Really enjoyed the Beta and no monthly fees is nice.

damn..nice. I paid full price but that was a while ago, been in 2 BWEs and a stress test
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#1942 Meeza

Meeza

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:42 AM

damn..nice. I paid full price but that was a while ago, been in 2 BWEs and a stress test

I only got to play in the last BWE but had soooo much fun, I think it does a great job at disguising the leveling grind with all the shiny map points and hearts :). Not having to compete with other people for the world events is nice too. I'm thinking the game will be worth it even at full price. But we'll see. I figure if I'm lucky I'll get 200ish hours of fun out of it and that'll be way more than enough to justify the price. No monthly subscription, means I can treat it as a single player game if need be and still be okay.

#1943 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:45 AM

yea it will definitely be good for 100s of hours of gameplay

#1944 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:38 PM

Darksiders II: Limited Edition $37.45 (Steamworks) with voucher code DEATH-LIVES-25OFF

This game is looking pretty awesome. I loved the first Darksiders and everything I have seen looks like Darksiders II will be an incredible improvement.

#1945 Gnomes and Pie

Gnomes and Pie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:16 PM

Is Dark Souls purchased through GMG guaranteed to activate on Steam? What would happen if GMG didn't receive Steam keys? Would a refund be offered?

#1946 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:58 PM

Is Dark Souls purchased through GMG guaranteed to activate on Steam? What would happen if GMG didn't receive Steam keys? Would a refund be offered?

Their rep posted on their forums saying they were getting Steam keys. If you do not get a Steam key you should be entitled to a full refund as the product was misrepresented.

#1947 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:04 PM

For Darksiders 2, check out this:
http://www.godisagee...ers-ii-preview/

The end of preview summary:
"Put simply, in seven years and two games, Vigil Games have demonstrated absolute mastery of the action-adventure genre. While you’ll have to wait until the game’s released for a review, I can’t see any reason why this game will not be a Game of the Year contender. This is a glittering example of how you do a sequel."

#1948 mkaliaz

mkaliaz

Scurvy Dog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:22 PM

Has GMG had the South Park game up for pre-order special yet? I was also surprised to see their price is $59.99 and all the other places I found it (Amazon, Gamersgate) have it for $49.99.

#1949 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:54 PM

Has GMG had the South Park game up for pre-order special yet? I was also surprised to see their price is $59.99 and all the other places I found it (Amazon, Gamersgate) have it for $49.99.

They have not. I noticed the price discrepancy as well but I am not sure what the real price will be.

#1950 mkaliaz

mkaliaz

Scurvy Dog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:54 PM

They have not. I noticed the price discrepancy as well but I am not sure what the real price will be.

Thanks Rybrad. I'll keep watching the site. The game is a long ways off and there might not be an "official" MRSP yet. Just a guess.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: green man gaming, gmg, pc downloads, pc, greenmangaming