green man gaming gmg pc downloads pc greenmangaming

• Please log in to reply
11276 replies to this topic

#3481 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:08 PM

guess no one told GMG that Stronghold 3's MSRP is only $30 now so they've instead discounted it from $50

#3482 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:37 PM

Really want to bite on XCOM but hesitant cause of my filthy backlog, and Halo 4 just came out and its freakin awesome. But $32 is a very nice price and this seems like the lowest ill see it for a while (maybe a few bucks less on BF) so i may jump on it. Now if the sale would just end my mind would be already made up

#3483 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:30 PM

Daily Deal
Stronghold 3 Gold $7.50 (Steamworks) with voucher code GMG25-UAAHK-6AI9S

Get a $2 credit for spending $2 and signing up with Green Man Gaming using my link

#3484 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

It appears the 35% off code is no longer active on XCOM (I finally decided to bite lol)

#3485 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:56 PM

It appears the 35% off code is no longer active on XCOM (I finally decided to bite lol)

I just tried and it works for me (thanks GMG for finally allowing me to check prices on games I own). Are you using the correct code? GMG35-5BRU6-ZDRX7

Edit: Also check for trailing or leading spaces, these can happen with copy/paste and will cause issues.

Get a $2 credit for spending $2 and signing up with Green Man Gaming using my link

#3486 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:17 PM

I just tried and it works for me (thanks GMG for finally allowing me to check prices on games I own). Are you using the correct code? GMG35-5BRU6-ZDRX7

Edit: Also check for trailing or leading spaces, these can happen with copy/paste and will cause issues.

Blast you! I had just convinced myself that it was all for the better anyway, then you have to go and post this terrible news! :lol: looks like I'll be playing this (thanks for the heads up btw)

#3487 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:21 PM

Blast you! I had just convinced myself that it was all for the better anyway, then you have to go and post this terrible news! :lol: looks like I'll be playing this (thanks for the heads up btw)

Enjoy! It is really a fantastic game and well worth bumping in front of your backlog.

#3488 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

Enjoy! It is really a fantastic game and well worth bumping in front of your backlog.

Yeah, its gonna be Halo 4 on the Xbox (finally getting some love again) and XCOM on the beast, while the poor ol' PS3 only gets to munch on Blu's (it'll be very hungry for The Last of Us). Its gonna be tough to pry my limited gaming time away from H4 but I have a feeling XCOM may be the game to do it.

#3489 PDJ

PDJ

O I can change this?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:17 AM

Xcom is incredible. So much that when I finally got Halo 4, I decided I wanted to play more Xcom while letting Halo sit still wrapped XD

#3490 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:20 PM

There is a free game on GMG today, can't see what it is because the site won't load. I will check it out again when I get back from the gym. If someone finds out before then, post the details here and I will update the OP.

Daily Deal
Earth 2160 $FREE, pick this up for possible trade-in deals in the future

#3491 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:28 PM

The free game is Earth 2160.

Regular Price: 7.99

Cannot be traded in.

Looks like an RTS or TD type game from stills.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#3492 Cheetah8799

Cheetah8799

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:31 PM

Earth 2160.

Customer notes
This game requires an activation key and the Capsule client to play. The activation key can be found in your order confirmation email, or alternatively in the keys section of your account.

Please ensure you run Capsule in administrator mode to avoid any compatibility issues.

Only 1 free game per IP address is permitted!

#3493 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:18 PM

Due to high demand we're temporarily marking the game as Out of Stock - we've not actually run out of keys at the moment, we're just taking the game offline for a little bit to solve some of the issues with ordering! The game will be available very soon.

Time to start a riot.

#3494 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:19 PM

Yeah, it hung up on the confirmation screen for me and wouldn't move after five minutes. Total class action lawsuit material right here!

#3495 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:28 PM

The free game is Earth 2160.

Regular Price: 7.99

Cannot be traded in.

Looks like an RTS or TD type game from stills.

Yes, this is a RTS from Reality Pump. The series actually dates back to the mid-90s and started with Earth 2140.

The next and latest entry in the “Earth” series is a direct sequel to “Earth 2150”, takes place after the Earth's destruction and transports the player to selected planets and moons of the Solar System, including, among others, Mars, Triton (Neptune's moon) Titan (Saturn's moon) or Io (Jupiter's moon.) In addition to the three sides known from the predecessors (the ED, the UCS and the LC), a fourth group enters the conflict in “Earth 2160”; the Aliens, who had long slept on Mars in suspended animation and were awakened by the spaceships of the UCS.
The game operates using the “Earth-4” engine, which was designed specifically for the project and utilizes, among others, the Pixel Shader 1.4 technology.

The list of changes is even more extensive: there are 3 available resources, each with different physical and chemical properties. They can all be used to manufacture units, and their properties influence the quality of said units. The game offers the possibility of hiring mercenaries, privateers and agents, who can help the player in combat as well as in technological or economic advancement. The technology tree for each side of the conflict was vastly expanded as well.

“Earth 2160” comes with 28 missions split into four campaigns, one per each side. Up to 8 players can participate in an online experience, with four game modes offered. The 30-track orchestral score was composed and performed by Germany's Mannheim-Heidelberg Orchestra.

fs_20fa6c7c0d5d11e0a23d8bb844bec87b.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#3496 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:32 PM

Yeah, it hung up on the confirmation screen for me and wouldn't move after five minutes. Total class action lawsuit material right here!

Mine hung up for like 10 minutes. But I just left it there and eventually I got it added to my account.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#3497 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:55 PM

Yeah, I just got my e-mail. They're just lucky my phalanx of lawyers is coming in late today so I never got to contact them.

#3498 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:27 PM

I tried running Earth 2160 and it requires a serial number once in game, and I checked my keys section of the site and then my e-mail to no avail.

It's funny, in my confirmation e-mail for purchasing the free game it says,
"This game requires an activation key and the Capsule client to play. The activation key can be found in your order confirmation email"

...I think I'm looking at my confirmation e-mail. There are no keys here...

Maybe they'll issue them later.

#3499 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:40 PM

I got an activation key both in my account and in my email.

#3500 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:51 PM

I got an activation key both in my account and in my email.

Hmm, interesting.

Well, others on Slickdeals.net are reporting not finding keys the same as me. I did get in after the game was reportedly 'unavailable' for a brief time. Probably just ran out temporarily and will add them to accounts later.

#3501 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

Update from GMG:
EARTH 2160
CVictor Nov 13 • Announcements

To alleviate current server troubles we're temporarily marking the game as Out of Stock - we've not actually run out of keys at the moment, it's just so we can take important measures to resolve the load issues! It shall be made available again soon.

UPDATE 15.56: Today has been crazy at the GMG office. This is by far our biggest giveaway ever! We'd like to say a massive thanks to everyone taking part, and for sharing it with your friends and clans alike.

You can pre-load the game via Capsule as soon as you have ordered it, however keys to activate the game will not be sent out until tomorrow. We will start distributing these keys from tomorrow afternoon (around 4pm GMT).

#3502 Sandrock7383

Sandrock7383

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

Xcom is incredible. So much that when I finally got Halo 4, I decided I wanted to play more Xcom while letting Halo sit still wrapped XD

yeah x-com is flat out awesome. no beating around the bush, buy it. this price is a great deal and firaxis deserves the sales for bringing this franchise into the new gen.

#3503 inm8num2

inm8num2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:54 PM

Got Earth 2160, thanks.

#3504 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:28 PM

Daily Deal
Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit $5.62 (Steamworks) with voucher code GMG25-UAAHK-6AI9S

#3505 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:58 PM

So after playing XCOM for about an hour and a half I am definitely enjoying it a lot. I know a lot of people felt like it was too dumbed down compared to the original but I like the fact its more accessible while still being challenging. Also because I am enjoying this so much I may go back and try to replay the originals now that I have a better concept of the games mechanics wheras when I originally tried I felt like I was pretty lost and confused about how things worked. Thanks to everyone who recommended it, you were right!

#3506 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:00 PM

Just a heads up to anyone thinkin bout grabbin Hell yeah! I think I saw Tony from AVG post tbat there would be a bundle with Binary Domain, Condemned, Hell Yeah, AvP, and Viking for $20

#3507 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:15 PM

Hell Yeah! is great. A decent platformer with a unique style. Sure it may get a little repetitive for some people but I liked it.

Well worth the $5.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#3508 Sandrock7383

Sandrock7383

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:03 PM

Hell Yeah is very tempting at 5

#3509 AutoXman

AutoXman

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

Is anyone having trouble adding Hell Yeah! to there shopping cart? Maybe it's my work PC I'll try it when I get home.

*Edit* I'm dumb I didn't activate my account yet, sorry guys.

Edited by AutoXman, 14 November 2012 - 04:28 PM.
I'm stupid

#3510 Naramie

Naramie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:40 PM

So after playing XCOM for about an hour and a half I am definitely enjoying it a lot. I know a lot of people felt like it was too dumbed down compared to the original but I like the fact its more accessible while still being challenging. Also because I am enjoying this so much I may go back and try to replay the originals now that I have a better concept of the games mechanics wheras when I originally tried I felt like I was pretty lost and confused about how things worked. Thanks to everyone who recommended it, you were right!

I felt it was just about right, a little more complexity would be nice. They did a good job. Further proof that Sid Meier doesn't involve himself with shit games.