green man gaming gmg pc downloads pc greenmangaming

• Please log in to reply
11338 replies to this topic

#3631 stupidproz1

stupidproz1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:13 PM

Anywhere you get KOA now will be Origin, only way to get it on Steam is to buy it on Steam. Since they were self published probably never gonna be another sale for it again on Steam.

#3632 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:47 PM

Today's deals:
Tony mentioned awhile ago that KoA was going to have a deal in November with the game + DLC for $12. Not sure if that is still happening but something to keep in mind as the DLC is fairly decent.

Kingdoms of Amalur - Reckoning $8 with voucher code GMG20-1FYLZ-EDG8R, requires Origin
Tiny & Big: Grandpa's Leftovers $4 (Steamworks) with voucher code GMG20-1FYLZ-EDG8R

Get a $2 credit for spending $2 and signing up with Green Man Gaming using my link

#3633 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

Today's deals:
Tony mentioned awhile ago that KoA was going to have a deal in November with the game + DLC for $12. Not sure if that is still happening but something to keep in mind as the DLC is fairly decent.

Kingdoms of Amalur - Reckoning $8 with voucher code GMG20-1FYLZ-EDG8R, requires Origin
Tiny & Big: Grandpa's Leftovers $4 (Steamworks) with voucher code GMG20-1FYLZ-EDG8R

But no Amalur DLC on sale :(

I dont even see that they carry it

#3634 Greyghost

Greyghost

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:11 PM

But no Amalur DLC on sale :(

I dont even see that they carry it

Yeah, it's not worth it without them selling the DLC or the complete pack with the DLC included.

The Amalur DLC hardly ever goes on sale by itself. I've only seen it on sale twice, once at Gamersgate and once at Amazon and even then it was only half off so you are looking at another $10 just for the DLC.

If they would have sold the full complete pack that includes the DLC and then did 75% off and another 20% on coupon it would have been totally worth it, but not this.

As for Tiny and Big, I passed on the Indie Fort because of no Steam keys but I still can't bring myself to pay $4 for Steam Tiny and Big when I know it was dirt cheap in an indie bundle previously. :-P

#3635 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:36 PM

Are Hitman keys being issued yet? The preload has started.

Hmm, looks like they are not. I'm gonna wait to purchase cause usually with GMG you get your key faster if you order after they start issuing em.

#3636 Davinatorman

Davinatorman

CAGiversary?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:00 PM

Wow, that KoA deal is amazing. Is the dlc really any good/worth 4 extra bucks? Cause if not, I'm definitely jumping on this.

#3637 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:05 PM

Wow, that KoA deal is amazing. Is the dlc really any good/worth 4 extra bucks? Cause if not, I'm definitely jumping on this.

I've heard the DLC is pretty good, especially the Dead Kel one. So for $4 more to get the complete game and that deal is coming this Thursday or Friday I think so I would say it is worth the wait.

I have a handful of leftover July Madness Bundles - PM if interested

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#3638 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:12 PM

The DLC is pretty well done and is north of 4 hours for each pack. I enjoyed the DLC more than the random sidequest shit in the main game so I would say it is worth the $4 since you have to use garbage Origin either way.

Get a $2 credit for spending $2 and signing up with Green Man Gaming using my link

#3639 Davinatorman

Davinatorman

CAGiversary?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:16 PM

Thanks for the opinions, I'll wait for the Amazon deal. As for Origin, well, I guess in my opinion all the free games EA gave out somewhat makes up for the overall stupidity of it.

#3640 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:56 PM

I thinnk it's worth noting that Tomb Raider is $36 after 20% promo code GMG20-1FYLZ-EDG8R stacking with 10% off for pre-order up on Green Man Gaming now. We might see a 25% off code, but I just went ahead and pre-ordered since it's a great deal.

#3641 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:27 PM

You can get Tomb Raider via regional pricing for as low as umm... I think it was like $26 or 28. Russian price, but region free game.

#3642 g6grim

g6grim

Grim Reaper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:05 PM

Sent in a support ticket to cancel my $30 Hitman Absolutiuon pre-purchase after seeing this review: http://www.pcgamer.c...olution-review/.
Hopefully, this works and I'll then pick up the game when it's around $10 or so. Very disappointed since Blood Money is one of my all-time favourites.

#3643 dEvAnGeL

dEvAnGeL

sHaMe oN yOu!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:10 PM

Sent in a support ticket to cancel my $30 Hitman Absolutiuon pre-purchase after seeing this review: http://www.pcgamer.c...olution-review/.
Hopefully, this works and I'll then pick up the game when it's around $10 or so. Very disappointed since Blood Money is one of my all-time favourites.

how can you be disappointed with one person opinion?

#3644 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:12 PM

Several aspects of the PC gamer review have been debunked.

#3645 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:17 PM

Reviews seem to be all over the place for this game. Anyway, I'm going to keep mine especially since it ended up costing me under $20 after my XCOM credit.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#3646 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:24 PM

I've read tons of user impressions/complaints and some of the reviews, my take on the situation matches this quote from a review (I think it was Edge review)

Hitman: Absolution is a slick, responsive and mechanically confident game - and on occasions it's one of the most satisfying stealth games in a year that already includes Dishonored - but a range of compromises to Hitman tradition mean it's still going to rub some people up the wrong way.

I've never played a Hitman game, I tried the Blood Money demo but I found it really awkward and unintuitive. Almost everything about Absolution sounds great to me aside from the questionable checkpoint system, so I'm gonna buy it considering the cheap price of $29.

#3647 g6grim

g6grim

Grim Reaper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:33 PM

how can you be disappointed with one person opinion?

I'm not paying all that much attention to the overall score or even the glitches described in review, but rather some of the points that were made about gameplay shifting it's focus.
Just mentions of linear gameplay and smaller environments in a Hitman game make me not want to blindly pre-order but wait instead and make a more informed purchase decision.

#3648 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:04 PM

All the reviews are out and there is a whole lot of user feedback as well, plus youtube gameplay. You can get started on making your informed decision now, if you want.

#3649 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:28 AM

Several aspects of the PC gamer review have been debunked.

care to elaborate on that? I'm honestly curious and want to know

#3650 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:31 AM

care to elaborate on that? I'm honestly curious and want to know

This is the main thing, in addition to various user impressions that dispute some of PC Gamer's claims:

http://penny-arcade....on-is-just-fine

A big thing I've read is that the game plays totally differently between Normal and Hard, and the other higher difficulties, that the AI is very stupid on Normal, so you can take that into consideration. I think reviewers usually play on Normal. There are less guards on Normal also.

Edited by Solid-Snake-Eyes, 19 November 2012 - 12:47 AM.

#3651 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:58 AM

After gleefully discovering some CK2 patch since early summer got CK2 working on HD3000 graphics Macs, I decided to bite the bullet and grab CK2 Legacy of Rome DLC from GameStop. It wasn't bad. I was able to pay with paypal instead of giving them my CC. I bought on my mac just to see if they wouldn't force me to use the GameStop App to get my steam keys. No Dice. I had to install the GameStop/Impulse client on my machine to get my Steam keys. Overall experience, not bad. Really irked to have to install a damn client to get my steam keys.

#3652 Frithsblessing

Frithsblessing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:18 AM

For those that are on the fence for buying Hitman: Absolution, watch Conan's review.

Cause I'm a scarecrow in a corn field, motherfucker!
Posted Image

#3653 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:08 AM

I've read tons of user impressions/complaints and some of the reviews, my take on the situation matches this quote from a review (I think it was Edge review)

I've never played a Hitman game, I tried the Blood Money demo but I found it really awkward and unintuitive. Almost everything about Absolution sounds great to me aside from the questionable checkpoint system, so I'm gonna buy it considering the cheap price of $29.

Blood Money is one of the best games ever made. I recommend you take another swing at it.

Do note the carnival tutorial level sucks. It's an AWFUL lead. Understand that what it's trying to do is make you do one of everything you CAN do. The real game is sandboxy in style
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#3654 Slixshot

Slixshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:17 AM

In for Hitman at $30 for sure :D
Posted Image

#3655 zeroskie

zeroskie

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:26 AM

Pre-ordered Hitman on GMG. Anyone else having problems getting a key for Sniper Challenge?

#3656 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:24 AM

Pre-ordered Hitman on GMG. Anyone else having problems getting a key for Sniper Challenge?

If your in NA I believe you don't get a key for the Sniper Challenge.

#3657 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:57 AM

I gave up on waiting for Absolution keys to start issuing and just bought it, would hate for the 10% preorder discount to expire early. I traded in some free game for 50 cents, too. Great price for a new release, I was reading on Neogaf and people were so mad that PC players could get it for half price.

#3658 kazunori

kazunori

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:39 AM

If you still want to get rid of it, I'll be keen to get it off you. Not in the US at the moment so the GMG deal comes up to about $35.++ for me even after the discount code.

#3659 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:48 AM

If you still want to get rid of it, I'll be keen to get it off you. Not in the US at the moment so the GMG deal comes up to about $35.++ for me even after the discount code.

I think the UK version comes with a sniper challenge bonus, fyi. NA ones does not.

#3660 boredasfook

boredasfook

Let's Get Weird!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:53 PM

Just got my Hitman: Absolution key this morning, so check your email's. Pre-loading right now 13.5GB.

Currently playing:
:pc: League of Legends/Titanfall
:3ds: Pokemon Y
:ps3: Okami HD

:ps4: NBA 2K14