green man gaming gmg pc downloads pc greenmangaming

• Please log in to reply
11321 replies to this topic

#4231 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:42 AM

Well, it's kind of silly to me. Complain about not sending out a notification, but apparently they did send one out with the new date. OK, now complain that it wasn't worded the right way or in a way to draw your attention, etc.

I think next time they just need to a disclaimer, promo may expire at any time if survey quota met or something. Seems the easiest way outside of issuing a unique coupon code for each user and then stopping the survey once they fill up.

I have a handful of leftover July Madness Bundles - PM if interested

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#4232 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:59 AM

As has been pointed out... GMG did get the data they wanted. I spent my time filling out the survey to help them and in return was given a coupon code. It's in bad faith to accept my info and then pull the stated reward in an unclear manner. Motoki pointed out that they're still running the survey!

Yeah, not the end of the world, but not cool either.

The more interesting development, however, has been the meta-complaining... complaints about complainers and then complaints about those complaining about the complainers. Like an onion, layers just keep getting pulled away at this whole thing. And, yes, I'm adding one right now. Last I checked this was a forum for discussion and it's definitely on-topic. Fascinating! :whee:

76561197971332172.png

#4233 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:35 AM

Wait, who hasn't complained yet? I want to complain about how they haven't complained yet. Like what gives man?

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#4234 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:48 AM

The truth is that they Fuck up when they explicitly said to give the code to people who didn't do the survey, and they explicitly said they didn't care if they bothered to fill it out. Now, I didn't do that. I filled out their survey truthfully. If you look at the questions they were asking, they really were trying to get a handle on why you chose certain services and what drm you were ok with. It really hit home with the questions directly asking about how you felt about their Capsule client. In the end, I filled out their survey, I got my code, and they changed their mind. Dick Move! I was also pissed that I didn't get to use the 25% off code for Viking: Asgard because it to was pulled earlier then implied. Another Dick Move. It's not enough to keep me from shopping there, in fact the next time I'm there to jump on a pricing error on a deal that just flipped, I'm going to feel pretty vindicated. But, I'm not purchasing anything that isn't a Steam code. that's how I feel about GMG. I'm just going to use them as an end point retailer for building my back log of games on a client I actually like. I'll stick to Amazon and Indie Bundles for any DRM fare (or the occasional addition to my shelf over at Gamersgate). Cest la Vie

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#4235 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:27 AM

Not the biggest deal in the world but still a dick move. Needless to say, I won't be doing them the favor of filling out any surveys again (I'm sure this breaks their heart). Actually, I was about to use it on a Metro: Last Light pre-order (I mentioned earlier in the thread I was thinking about it) and ultimately decided that I didn't feel great about the whole thing and passed. I'll get the game from wherever when it's on some 50%+ sale after release instead.

25% off instead of 35% off a $5 game...

First world problems.

If I wanted to worry about clean drinking water instead, I'd move.

That said, I bet people in 3rd world countries don't like having the terms of a deal changed from under them either.

#4236 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:56 AM

I bet people in 3rd world countries don't like having the terms of a deal changed from under them either.

"What are you doing in my house?"

"You live here NO MORE. This is Akawanga land, you give children to fight in Akawanga Militia, or you DIE!"

"But... that's not what the terms said! :("

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#4237 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:22 AM

It's funny because my wife comes from, at best, a 3rd world region in a 2nd world country (born and raised in the Peruvian Andés during the 70's & 80's with the height of the Shining Path movement) and knows a lot of other 3rd world immigrants from her job in the federal immigration courts. They view the "first world problems" meme with a bit of amused eye-rolling since it rests on the conceit is that everyone who isn't from a developed western nation must spend all day every day digging for grubs or avoiding militias and no one can ever spare a moment to be annoyed at the same petty little shit that's such a luxury to us. Bad cell phone signal? Got to the store five minutes after it closed? The coffee you bought went cold while you were dealing with something else? No way you'd be upset about that -- you're too busy eating dirt and getting your arms cut off!

In other worlds, "first world problems" is a first world meme because only privileged first worlders could assume their little annoyances are exclusive to them. :applause:

#4238 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:27 AM

Well, I just see it as that the things that frustrate us in a "first world" economy are stupid and petty compared to everyday problems that people in "third world" regions have to deal with.

Everyone deals with petty problems, so by that reasoning, even in the third world you've got "first world problems". But yeah, we don't have to forage for berries to survive, or be careful of water with fireworm larva in it.

bZ2g3eF.png

#4239 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:29 AM

even in the third world you've got "first world problems".

Or, you know, just "problems". Unless you want to point at some Liberian guy upset that he can't get the radio station he likes and say "Haha! First world problems!"

#4240 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:40 AM

Or, you know, just "problems". Unless you want to point at some Liberian guy upset that he can't get the radio station he likes and say "Haha! First world problems!"

I do that on a daily basis!

bZ2g3eF.png

#4241 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:03 PM

After reading this interchange from now on I will say 'People got some real shit to worry about!' so as to be fair to the first worlders with third would problems and third worlders with first world problems. I'm still not quite sure where the second worlders fit in.

I wanted to try to find some flimsy excuse to make this post at least in part on topic but try as I might I could not find any deal at all on GMG today worth mentioning.

#4242 Boeing 747

Boeing 747

In The Name of Harman...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:39 PM

You've gotta admit, it might just be 10% but it's tacky of GMG to just pull it without warning.

I was hoping to use it (did the survey) sometime after Christmas to preorder SimCity.

Oh well, I can never even order anything on their site anyway.. I've tried about dozen different times with a half a dozen different payment options. I hope a lot of people mention that in their survey..

#4243 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:08 PM

Just a couple sale items I noticed...

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - $23.99
Doom 3 BFG Edition - $10.49
Afterfall: Insanity - $5.99 (Capsule required)

These are displayed prices (i.e. without any voucher discounts added).

#4244 snake

snake

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:03 PM

vouchers won't work with those either.

#4245 Lep

Lep

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:22 PM

http://www.greenmang...tal-edition-na/
GW2 is also 42 today.

#4246 deviousnaraku

deviousnaraku

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:36 PM

Aww too bad the 25% off code doesn't work with Skyrim.
Sign up for GreenManGaming using my link and get $2 credit when you spend $2 or more!

#4247 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:05 AM

Aww too bad the 25% off code doesn't work with Skyrim.

still the best price i've seen it for

i'd pull the trigger but i get the feeling it might be cheaper on steam in a few days

and man, it seems odd to me that a relatively small site like GMG can secure the rights to sell skyrim and amazon pcdd can't

Hand__Of__God.png

#4248 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:11 AM

and man, it seems odd to me that a relatively small site like GMG can secure the rights to sell skyrim and amazon pcdd can't

SWAG---> It's probably just a way to distribute internationally. As far as I can tell, Amazon.co.uk doesn't even have any digital distribution of PC games. If they did, it might be different.

#4249 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:31 PM

Meh...

Dishonored - $29.99
NiGHTS into Dreams HD- $9.99

These are displayed prices (i.e. without any voucher discounts added).

#4250 Cofresi

Cofresi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:10 PM

Fallout: New Vegas $9.99
F1 Race Stars $31.99
Rift Deal's

Daily Deal: Secret File 3 $9.98

#4251 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:17 PM

So it seems the 25% off code has expired and there is currently not a new one, correct?

#4252 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:19 PM

So it seems the 25% off code has expired and there is currently not a new one, correct?

That is the way it seems.

#4253 nJoy7

nJoy7

Wait, what?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:42 PM

Tried 2 CCs and a debit card yesterday and STILL could not buy Skyrim for $23.99. Last time I use those guys...

Atypical+Nate.png 3410326351.png

#4254 deviousnaraku

deviousnaraku

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:48 PM

Tried 2 CCs and a debit card yesterday and STILL could not buy Skyrim for $23.99. Last time I use those guys...

You have to call your CC company and tell them to allow the charge.

When I (and many others) first tried purchasing from their site, my CC got declined and I instantly got a text message and email telling me about possible fraud charges and to call them asap. When I called them they explained it was a suspicious charge because I was being charged USD from the UK. After I told them to allow the charge from GMG, I never had anymore problems purchasing from their site.
Sign up for GreenManGaming using my link and get $2 credit when you spend $2 or more!

#4255 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:48 PM

Daily Deals:
Postal III - $8.09 (Steam)
Majestic-12 - $2.49
(Capsule)

A Couple Bargain Bucket titles:
Sniper: Ghost Warrior - $1.99 (Capsule)
Deus Ex: GOTY - $1.99 (Capsule)

#4256 GamingKnight

GamingKnight

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:07 PM

I think the 1st world problems joke is stupid to use here, since this is a forum about being cheapasses wanting to save on games. By the nature of the existence of this board, it's all about wringing our hands over trivial things, and if you expect otherwise, go take up a cause that keeps you too busy to read the going ons of us lesser mortals. :D

Anyways, I saw something interesting at GMG. Perhaps an accidental leak of upcoming deals perhaps? The game on the right side was Inversion and then turned into FIFA 13 after I clicked on it and saw no discount, and the game under that was Anno 2070 before it became Postal III. :cold:

#4257 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

I think the 1st world problems joke is stupid to use here, since this is a forum about being cheapasses wanting to save on games. By the nature of the existence of this board, it's all about wringing our hands over trivial things, and if you expect otherwise, go take up a cause that keeps you too busy to read the going ons of us lesser mortals. :D

Anyways, I saw something interesting at GMG. Perhaps an accidental leak of upcoming deals perhaps? The game on the right side was Inversion and then turned into FIFA 13 after I clicked on it and saw no discount, and the game under that was Anno 2070 before it became Postal III. :cold:

I don't think they can sell Anno in the US which is just as well because it has really shitty DRM.

#4258 GamingKnight

GamingKnight

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:28 PM

Ah, that must be it! My page must be initially loading as it would for UK users since I'm seeing pound sterling. A quick reload and then I'm back to dollars and the deals for US peeps. :bouncy:

#4259 AirborneOp

AirborneOp

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:48 PM

If any of you still have a 35% off voucher from a previous preorder, You can now use it on the cashback/credit deals. Just got Metro Last Light for $39 plus $15 instant credit. I emailed support about another prepurchase voucher that i got and used on COH2, hopefully i can get credit for that. You guys might want to take advantage of this fast because it ends tomorrow according to their twitter account.

If you already used it on a preorder before the cashback/credit deal, try contacting support for credit. They are pretty good on issuing credit for missed deals.

The only pre-purchase title that doesn't work is Bioshock.

Edited by AirborneOp, 20 December 2012 - 01:45 AM.

#4260 JayPer415

JayPer415

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:06 AM

If any of you still have a 35% off voucher from a previous preorder, You can now use it on the cashback/credit deals. Just got Metro Last Light for $39 plus $15 instant credit. I emailed support about another prepurchase voucher that i got and used on COH2, hopefully i can get credit for that. You guys might want to take advantage of this fast because it ends tomorrow i believe according to their twitter. or if you already used it on a preorder before the cashback/credit deal, trying reaching out the support. They are pretty good on issuing credit.

How did you manage this? I just tried to purchase Bioshock Infinite with a 35% off voucher. Denied.

Though I also tried it with Dead Space 3 and it did work... so it looks like it might be working with some games but not all.

Wish it did work on Bioshock Infinite.