• Please log in to reply
11622 replies to this topic

#8461 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:07 AM

Yeah, I'm sure I would enjoy the new one

The old one is a bit dated at this point, which has that same type of replayability

Not that I consider myself a graphics whore (or any type of whore really), but I'd be more inclined to play the older titles if I could find a decent graphics mod.  I haven't seen one that is that much of an improvement.  Not like Skywind.

"This is the way the world ends, not with a whimper but with a bang."

#8462 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:10 AM

I believe so.  I already own it, but (surprise, surprise) haven't played it yet.  I really like its predecessor, however.  SP campaign of course.

Do you think it'll wind-up in Amazon EC sale?

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. ;)

No wonder we have no time to play games!

All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#8463 pasports31

pasports31

New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:13 AM

Not that I consider myself a graphics whore (or any type of whore really), but I'd be more inclined to play the older titles if I could find a decent graphics mod.  I haven't seen one that is that much of an improvement.  Not like Skywind.

yeah, even w/the graphics mods i have for deus ex, it's kind of ugly

i'll play old games if i can enjoy them though (i played alone in the dark from 1992 or whenever it was not too long ago - there's an ugly ass game) but i have to enjoy the gameplay...deus ex didn't do it for me. it's....clunky

444806.png

76561198067824944.png

#8464 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:13 AM

Do you think it'll wind-up in Amazon EC sale?

Hard to say.  I'm trying to think if any other EA games were in it last year...

#8465 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:18 AM

Hard to say.  I'm trying to think if any other EA games were in it last year...

I bought a Sims 3: Generations during EC last year.

All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#8466 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:20 AM

I was the same when I got into PC gaming last year. During the Black Friday sale I got Dead Island GOTY, and Fallout 3 GOTY for dirt cheap. Told myself I would stick to just those games until I finished them.

232 games later I gave up on Dead Island (game got too frustrating) and haven't touched Fallout 3. :)

Welcome, brother.

#8467 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:24 AM

That'd make it [MoH: Warfighter] the cheapest its been, right?

I'm almost certain this is the cheapest it's been.  I remember it reviewed very poorly upon release and so I have had my eye on the price in a perverse mixture of wanting to see how bad it was combined with wonderment that such a poorly selling dog of a game was staying above the $5 mark for so long (usually more like $10).

Backlog Alphabet: Working my backlog A to Z [Blog Updated on Jan 28 - New Final Entry, Now With The Letter Z!]

#8468 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:36 AM

I'm almost certain this is the cheapest it's been.  I remember it reviewed very poorly upon release and so I have had my eye on the price in a perverse mixture of wanting to see how bad it was combined with wonderment that such a poorly selling dog of a game was staying above the $5 mark for so long (usually more like $10).

I don't get the hate on the recent MoH games.  At least from a SP standpoint.  I mean I'd certainly rate MoH's SP campaign higher than BF3's and the recent MW campaigns.  It was fairly easy mind you and I had it on the hardest difficulty, but it was thoroughly fun and enjoyable.  That's why I bought Warfighter.  I'm guessing bugs and MP had a lot to due with the poor ratings.

#8469 snakeybro

snakeybro

Bronze Trophy Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:39 AM

dont do it neuro!

xMOHW-1-550.jpg.pagespeed.ic.ZoJU4Z_jBw.

Currently Playing:   :ps4: Destiny, Madden 15, Metro Redux, Last of Us Remastered, OlliOlli, Velocity 2X   :3ds: Gunvolt, Zelda: ALBW, Kirby Triple Deluxe, VVVVVV, Super Mario 3D Land    :vita: Dragon's Crown, Metrico, Mega Man X4, TxK, Sly Cooper Trilogy, Phantom Breaker

:xb1: Peggle 2, Madden 15, Diablo 3: UEE, Metro Redux, The Golf Club

solidSNAKE231989.png

20140611-40611011-4gamer-003-1-thumb.jpg

#8470 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:41 AM

The last MoH game I played was on the PS2 so I have no personal opinion of Warfighter.  I just remembered the pre-launch buzz (some Navy SEAL guys getting in trouble for divulging info to EA as consultants) followed by the savagely critical reviews.  Really, there's no sane reason why I should have been as aware of it as I have been but it's somehow taken an outsized space in my brain for a series I haven't touched in over a decade.

Backlog Alphabet: Working my backlog A to Z [Blog Updated on Jan 28 - New Final Entry, Now With The Letter Z!]

#8471 icedragon15

icedragon15

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:05 AM

dont do it neuro!

xMOHW-1-550.jpg.pagespeed.ic.ZoJU4Z_jBw.

bandeeras get ur ass on steam or else mysterd wil fart on u

486163.png

76561198028344994.png

where the insane message button do snakey bro spanking you is message that message right eheeh 

They're all message buttons!   :bouncy:

http://cms.fightfort...ure.org/tellfcc

https://en.necessary...take-action/EFF

#8472 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:07 AM

bandeeras get ur ass on steam or else mysterd wil fart on u

Steam is down.

#8473 icedragon15

icedragon15

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:21 AM

Steam is down.

noppe it not down ur ass is tho mysteerd was on heh shut up neuro before aj black  widow to sleep

486163.png

76561198028344994.png

where the insane message button do snakey bro spanking you is message that message right eheeh 

#8474 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:23 AM

noppe it not down ur ass is tho mysteerd was on heh shut up neuro before aj black  widow to sleep

Check the Steam thread or r/Steam.  It's still down (as is Origin) for a lot of us.

#8475 snakeybro

snakeybro

Bronze Trophy Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:23 AM

Check the Steam thread or r/Steam.  It's still down (as is Origin) for a lot of us.

u know tebow cant read hehe

Currently Playing:   :ps4: Destiny, Madden 15, Metro Redux, Last of Us Remastered, OlliOlli, Velocity 2X   :3ds: Gunvolt, Zelda: ALBW, Kirby Triple Deluxe, VVVVVV, Super Mario 3D Land    :vita: Dragon's Crown, Metrico, Mega Man X4, TxK, Sly Cooper Trilogy, Phantom Breaker

solidSNAKE231989.png

#8476 icedragon15

icedragon15

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:24 AM

u know tebow cant read hehe

i cant neuro beccause of hhis meatbals heh 

486163.png

76561198028344994.png

#8477 InsaneMan007

InsaneMan007

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:28 AM

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but Medal of Honor Warfighter (NA) (Origin) is $4.99 before the 20% off voucher.

thx for the heads up, grabbed it, they took the money off the wrong card in my paypal account, got cd-key cant use it cause origin is down for me..$ 4 beans though, great deal

#8478 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:32 AM

i cant neuro beccause of hhis meatbals heh 

Well, yeah.  Of course.

{...???...}

#8479 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:07 AM

Bought MOH: Warfighter for $3.90 (after 20% off coupon + 10 cents credit).

Earned another 10 cents credit again.

Cool. :D

#8480 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:11 AM

That game got mostly 5/10s, not sure it's even worth $4.

#8481 pasports31

pasports31

New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:15 AM

but it wasn't four bucks...it was 3.90

444806.png

76561198067824944.png

#8482 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:17 AM

Personally, I think the reviews are biased towards multiplayer.  Though I haven't played it yet, if it's anything like MoH, which I enjoyed, I'll be happy. 

#8483 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:30 AM

Eh, for $3.90 I'm giving it a shot.  I paid more than that for Homefront and that game was worse than a real N. Korean invasion.

#8484 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:32 AM

Eh, for $3.90 I'm giving it a shot.  I paid more than that for Homefront and that game was worse than a real N. Korean invasion.

It's definitely better than Homefront, imo.

#8485 snakeybro

snakeybro

Bronze Trophy Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:41 AM

photo-thumb-348330.jpg?_r=1388723135

solidSNAKE231989.png

#8486 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:01 AM

Hurry up and play it so you can tell us if it's a buy or not!  

I wanted to like Homefront, but it froze on my PS3 like 5 minutes after the tutorial.  Good times.  

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#8487 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:22 PM

Personally, I think the reviews are biased towards multiplayer.  Though I haven't played it yet, if it's anything like MoH, which I enjoyed, I'll be happy. 

Same here.

I thought MoH Reboot on the SP was short and quite solid.

EDIT:

It's definitely better than Homefront, imo.

\LIKE!

Thing w/ Homefront was it was decent most of the way though, IMHO - it's just when it was starting to pick-up and get good, it just ends.

Ugh.

#8488 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:23 PM

Seems the now have a 25% off coupon, right at the end of the sale... while they're still running stuff I bought a couple of days ago with 20% off :-(

Selling Steam key: Race The Sun $1.10 (Cards) & Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine $1.10 (Cards) (Or both for $2.)
I'm also selling Indie Gala August bundles! Please PM me if you're interested. :)

#8489 bdavid81

bdavid81

PS4 Fanboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:23 PM

MoH reboot was indeed short and very sweet. Warfighter is horrible though. It's not worth $3.90, or more so your spare time to play it.

#8490 indef

indef

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:40 PM

Can't resist picking up Criminal Minds & Ghost Whispererer today for $1.30 each.   edit: $1.20 with the GMG credit!  What a bargain!

25% off voucher worked:  GMG25-0YUM5-VKMVU