green man gaming gmg pc downloads pc greenmangaming

• Please log in to reply
11547 replies to this topic

#1831 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:54 PM

Hey guys, GMG posted a 20% off code that you can use, expires at end of month like other.

COSYO-UDIDN-TGET1

Edited by rybrad, 18 July 2012 - 05:02 PM.
month not moth

Get a $2 credit for spending $2 and signing up with Green Man Gaming using my link

#1832 motoki

motoki

In Soviet Russia keys activate YOU!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:19 PM

Well it's about time they just made everyone's life easier and just posted a general code. Clearly their servers can't handle the load of a ton of people all grabbing those free games.

I just wish that code was around of the Quantum Conundrum sale. I don't think there's anything I really want now and it looks like they are doing daily free games now instead of daily sales.

#1833 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:47 PM

I thought they said vouchers were tied to accounts.

Of course, if someone wants to try it, it's no bother to me.

That's no fun. I have three of them that I won't use.

#1834 Dragonsbane

Dragonsbane

Dr. StrangeCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:45 PM

We cant stack the codes right? lol
Dr. Strange CAG- Or how I learned to stop worrying and love cheap stuff.

Posted Image
Christianity: The belief that a Jewish cosmic zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat fruit from a magical tree.

#1835 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:55 PM

We cant stack the codes right? lol

Negative on the stacking.

Get a $2 credit for spending $2 and signing up with Green Man Gaming using my link

#1836 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:02 AM

Curious - How come Beyond Divinity from GMG has some kind of Online Activation DRM attached? :-x

Patch 1.49 from their official website REMOVED (StarForce) DRM from Retail versions of Beyond Divinity LONG AGO.
Plus, Beyond Divinity is DRM-FREE on GOG.

#1837 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:05 AM

Home come Beyond Divinity from GMG has Online Activation DRM attached? :-x

Patch 1.49 from their official website REMOVED DRM from Retail version LONG AGO.
Plus, Beyond Divinity is DRM-FREE on GOG.

You mean besides their capsule downloader or thing or are you talking about that? Can you install the patch over it?

Anyway free is free so I am not going to complain.

#1838 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:07 AM

You mean besides their capsule downloader or thing or are you talking about that?

No, no.
You can run the game w/out Capsule going.
I'm talking about when booting game for first time, it prompted me w/ an online activation check.

Can you install the patch over it?
Anyway free is free so I am not going to complain.

Oooh, that's a good idea.
Let me actually try that!

EDIT:
It won't let me throw Patch 1.49 (Retail) over GMG Version. Let me try something else...
I have the EXE file for BD on another machine (patched from Retail w/ DRM-check removed). Let me grab that and throw it on top of GMG version...

EDIT 2:
Okay, so I uninstalled BD Retail patched to 1.49 long ago on my older PC. Forget it.
I'll try something else. I'll toss BD Retail and patch up to 1.49 on my high-end PC and toss the Retail-patched EXE (1.49) over GMG version EXE. See what happens.

EDIT 3:
Yup, the above worked.

Edited by MysterD, 19 July 2012 - 12:48 AM.

#1839 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:12 AM

I wonder if they need to have online activation so people can potentially trade it in later? I know it says no trade in value now but some of these free games of the day I believe they later allowed to be traded in.

#1840 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:14 AM

The game itself doesn't have to be activated to trade it in. I've never played any of the free games I've gotten but have traded them in from my library both for direct credit at time of purchase (of another game) and as stored credit for a future purchase.

#1841 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:31 AM

The game itself doesn't have to be activated to trade it in. I've never played any of the free games I've gotten but have traded them in from my library both for direct credit at time of purchase (of another game) and as stored credit for a future purchase.

Hmm, but what's to stop someone from trading something in then still playing it? There's got to be some phone home check to see if you still own the game before it lets you in otherwise the whole trade-in thing would be pointless and people would just buy games, trade them in for credit and still keep playing them.

#1842 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:37 AM

Hmm, but what's to stop someone from trading something in then still playing it? There's got to be some phone home check to see if you still own the game before it lets you in otherwise the whole trade-in thing would be pointless and people would just buy games, trade them in for credit and still keep playing them.

Oh, I was under the impression that it had to be launched via Capsule and that effectively determined whether or not you could play it. Trade it in and it's removed from your Capsule library.

I'm just saying that you don't ever have to install it or use it to trade it in. Consequently, you don't have to ever install Capsule to trade the game in, you just can't play it.

#1843 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:43 AM

Oh, I was under the impression that it had to be launched via Capsule and that effectively determined whether or not you could play it. Trade it in and it's removed from your Capsule library.

I'm just saying that you don't ever have to install it or use it to trade it in. Consequently, you don't have to ever install Capsule to trade the game in, you just can't play it.

Oh okay I see.

MysterD was commenting that other versions of Beyond Divinity were DRM free and this wasn't and I was just thinking that maybe all the (non-steam) GMG games need to have online activation DRM (if you play it) because of the whole trade in thing.

I'm not really sure how the whole thing works. To be honest this is the first time they gave away a game I actually want to play.

Anyway TL;DR I don't think GMG can do true DRM free because of trade ins but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

#1844 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:52 AM

Oh okay I see.

MysterD was commenting that other versions of Beyond Divinity were DRM free and this wasn't and I was just thinking that maybe all the (non-steam) GMG games need to have online activation DRM (if you play it) because of the whole trade in thing.

I'm not really sure how the whole thing works. To be honest this is the first time they gave away a game I actually want to play.

Anyway TL;DR I don't think GMG can do true DRM free because of trade ins but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

That could be what it was - maybe it's GMG's DRM on top that wants the online activation.
Regardless, renaming GMG version's EXE (to Div_old.exe); then tossing in my DRM-FREE EXE (from Retail version of the game that I patched up to 1.49) over it worked!

I don't wanna sell this game back to GMG! I'm keeping their BD files for a MUCH easier install of the game (without using the Retail discs).
Retail install didn't work - didn't want to recognize disc 2. Had to copy Retail discs to HDD in same folder and then run the installer from that folder to install retail version.

#1845 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:52 AM

They can't if it'll ever be eligible for trade-in.

In theory they could do a DRM-free game and just have it not be eligible (likewise, Steamworks games aren't eligible since they can't control your Steam account). But I'm sure they would rather nudge people into using their client and trade-ins are the carrot for that.

#1846 DirkBelig

DirkBelig

The Belligerent One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:00 PM

I've never bought anything from GMG, but always swung by and grabbed whatever freebies came along. I just took the 20% coupon and then traded in everything I could for another $11 and got Battlefield 3 Premium for $29. BAM!!!!

133994.png DirkBelig.png5fbfd2ddbe4d9137.png DirkBelig.png

#1847 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:00 AM

By the way, the 20% off codes are not only tied to your account, but they are one-time use only, even if you didn't buy what was in your cart. I wanted to see if they applied the 20% before or after applying any credit you had. The code doesn't work now, I didn't buy anything, I was just getting a total :/

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#1848 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:03 AM

By the way, the 20% off codes are not only tied to your account, but they are one-time use only, even if you didn't buy what was in your cart. I wanted to see if they applied the 20% before or after applying any credit you had. The code doesn't work now, I didn't buy anything, I was just getting a total :/

You should be able to use COSYO-UDIDN-TGET1. I believe that is a general use code not tied to any specific account. I would imagine it's 1 use per account though.

#1849 DirkBelig

DirkBelig

The Belligerent One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:54 AM

If you're talking to me, I first did the trade-ins (to see if it worked) then I used one of the codes I had. When applied, suddenly the total was $40. It didn't give any message that I couldn't use both, so I went and un/rechecked the trade-ins and the all came off w/o a problem. Paid, immediately got my code, slapped it into Origin and got my shooty on.

133994.png DirkBelig.png5fbfd2ddbe4d9137.png DirkBelig.png

#1850 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 02:06 AM

Look like LEGO Batman 2, Company of Heroes and Metro 2033 will be deals this weekend and stackable with the 20% voucher codes.

#1851 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:59 AM

I'm not interested in these free games but I picked them up for potential trade-in action. GMG is the shit.

MARS

#1852 UNDERSTAR

UNDERSTAR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:35 AM

How often does the 20% off coupon shows up? I tried redeeming the latest coupon and its expired already.

#1853 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:40 AM

New deals up today - Tomb Raider series 75% off, batman Series 50% off.

Best deal is Deus Ex series 75% off.

So 7.49 for regular edition, if you have the voucher it is down to 5.99 and if you have any credit it can go down even lower.

Thinking of finally buying it for 3.99 after voucher and credit.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#1854 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:16 PM

Well that thread title got my hopes up for some Beyond Divinity goodness. Can wiki posts not have their subject edited? Never bothered looking... I guess maybe I could be nosy now...

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#1855 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:25 PM

Well that thread title got my hopes up for some Beyond Divinity goodness. Can wiki posts not have their subject edited? Never bothered looking... I guess maybe I could be nosy now...

I just tried and unless I totally missed the option somewhere it doesn't appear that you can, no.

#1856 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:25 PM

Anybody know how long the universal 20% coupon code will work? Also, is there any timetable for how long the "winter sale" is supposed to last?

#1857 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:27 PM

Anybody know how long the universal 20% coupon code will work? Also, is there any timetable for how long the "winter sale" is supposed to last?

All of the 20% off vouchers last until the end of the month. No idea how long their "winter" sale lasts.. I don't understand their seasonal sales lol. I wonder where they're based if they consider this "winter".

#1858 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:31 PM

I think the "winter" part is just them trying to tweak Steam a bit. Seems like it's relatively good natured, though.

Thanks for the info on the 20% coupon.

#1859 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:33 PM

Don't know the answer to either, someone above said the code doesn't work anymore.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#1860 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:35 PM

Don't know the answer to either, someone above said the code doesn't work anymore.

Well, someone in the Steam thread had no problems using the code a few minutes ago.. so I'm pretty sure it still works. Not sure why the other guy had problems with it.