green man gaming gmg pc downloads pc greenmangaming

• Please log in to reply
11638 replies to this topic

#2431 netscorer

netscorer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:48 PM

I'm plugging this as it's one of the best ARPGs I've played in a while. Here is my recommendation.

Completely agree,

I played this game on Xbox 360 and though this is not the best ARPG in my experience I had enjoyable time with it. At $4.99 it was totally worth it to pick it up in my Steam library if I want to replay it on the PC with better graphics. Would you recommend Gamepad or Kb&M combo for this game on PC?

#2432 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:23 PM

Completely agree,

I played this game on Xbox 360 and though this is not the best ARPG in my experience I had enjoyable time with it. At $4.99 it was totally worth it to pick it up in my Steam library if I want to replay it on the PC with better graphics. Would you recommend Gamepad or Kb&M combo for this game on PC?

Kb/M was my preference. However, I am primarily a PC gamer (only play exclusives on my consoles) so I only use a gamepad for games that really benefit from it like racing or combo-driven games. The only exception to that is if the PC controls are just plain bad and that is not the case with LotR.

Get a $2 credit for spending $2 and signing up with Green Man Gaming using my link

#2433 inm8num2

inm8num2

GOG Pogs are coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:37 PM

^ Thanks for the detailed information. I feel a bit odd having these discussions, as I didn't anticipate this when making a simple purchase on the web.

The funny thing is I don't want any extra compensation given to me. I just want them to take $12 from my GMG account instead of from my credit card. If they truly can't issue a $12 credit to my CC, then the next best thing is a $12 credit to my GMG account.

I did peruse the chargeback rules you posted earlier, but perhaps if this goes that route I'll read in more detail. I really don't want it to come to that. Honestly, I might just forget about it. Really not worth the trouble, but as I mentioned before I'm a bit uncomfortable with how GMG communicated with me, guaranteeing a certain credit to be issued then later saying, "Oops, we didn't mean the difference."

The digital game purchase heard throughout the world! *facepalm*

Well, at the end of my tale I'm glad to say GMG credited me the full amount of the error in the transaction. I told them I appreciated the help so far but felt that it was appropriate to fully adjust since I hadn't authorized the larger amount to be charged to my card. I mentioned that I didn't want to do a chargeback, but if GMG didn't fully amend the payment I may have had no choice. Apparently that was the straw that broke the camel's back. I didn't mean to do it in any threatening way and hope the CS rep didn't perceive it as such.

Anyway, happy ending for those of you who were following this intriguing tale.

#2434 nategator

nategator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:08 PM

Well, at the end of my tale I'm glad to say GMG credited me the full amount of the error in the transaction. I told them I appreciated the help so far but felt that it was appropriate to fully adjust since I hadn't authorized the larger amount to be charged to my card. I mentioned that I didn't want to do a chargeback, but if GMG didn't fully amend the payment I may have had no choice. Apparently that was the straw that broke the camel's back. I didn't mean to do it in any threatening way and hope the CS rep didn't perceive it as such.

Anyway, happy ending for those of you who were following this intriguing tale.

Glad it worked out for you!

#2435 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:23 PM

I'm plugging this as it's one of the best ARPGs I've played in a while. Here is my recommendation.

This. I did ran into a gaming breaking bug though when playing on :ps3:, took me days to get around that. But that aside, awesome awesome game for co op.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#2436 Xiemos

Xiemos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:25 PM

Is DERHE-RRDER-RINGE a one time coupon? Would like to purchase 2 games with this, but if it only works on one, I may have a tough decision.

#2437 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:12 PM

I think you can use it twice and I would verify it, but I don't have a second game I want to buy. I just went to the cart with another game after purchasing LOTR and it let me apply the same coupon. I think it should work, but if not you should just buy the more important/expensive game first.

Were you logged in?

#2438 inm8num2

inm8num2

GOG Pogs are coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:16 PM

Hmm Witcher 2 code that GMG provided doesn't work at GOG's gift redemption page.

#2439 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:22 PM

Hmm Witcher 2 code that GMG provided doesn't work at GOG's gift redemption page.

You might have to follow their instructions to request a working key. My amazon key for Witcher 1 didn't work either so I had to print out a copy of my invoice from amazon and scan and email it to them. Instructions should be somewhere on the GOG site.

#2440 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:25 PM

Are you sure you're using the witcher 2 backup redemption page and not the actual gift redemption page? There's a big difference.

http://www.gog.com/en/witcher2/backup/

#2441 inm8num2

inm8num2

GOG Pogs are coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:29 PM

Are you sure you're using the witcher 2 backup redemption page and not the actual gift redemption page? There's a big difference.

http://www.gog.com/en/witcher2/backup/

Ah that was it. Thanks. That page doesn't seem advertised anywhere at GOG.

#2442 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:34 PM

I already picked up my one copy of War in the North but would love to have a second. In the off chance there is a CAG that was not getting one for themselves I would really appreciate it if you picked one up for me and I sent you the $4 Paypal!

(This is the second time I have had this request in like a week, Tower Wars I am looking at you. I really wish GMG would at least allow 2 titles like others.

Got it, thanks inm8num2!

#2443 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:40 PM

Yeah, I was logged in. Also, it seems like this voucher is only time-limited from a post I saw somewhere & the fact that the voucher image on GreenManGaming only mentions the end date for the promotion.

I just checked again and it let me apply the coupon to a preorder of BL2 when I've already logged in and used that same code for LOTR. Already activated the LOTR key on Steam, so I think you should be safe to try for 2 games.

Posted Image

Thanks for confirming! There are a couple of cheapies I might just break down and buy then.

#2444 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:45 PM

Bit on LOTR after watching some youtube footage. Thanks for the heads up guys. I wanna get BL2 and Sleeping Dogs but judging from the preorder deals I have a feeling they will drop in price soon after release.

#2445 Trelow

Trelow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:43 AM

Apparently my PayPal and bank have decided against GMG tonight. Probably for the better.
Tempus Fugit, Memento Mori.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2446 plasmid123

plasmid123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:10 AM

So I'm not the only one who can't get an order through. GMG is so finnicky when it comes to order processing. None of my credit cards, or debit card, or paypal is going through.

#2447 Trelow

Trelow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:29 AM

They trip my banks fraud detection quite often.
Tempus Fugit, Memento Mori.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2448 Needles-Kane

Needles-Kane

White hot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:40 AM

This might be a stupid question, but does War in the North need Capsule to be running or can you just take the code and redeem it on Steam?

#2449 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:47 AM

This might be a stupid question, but does War in the North need Capsule to be running or can you just take the code and redeem it on Steam?

It is Steamworks which means you have to register it on Steam.

Get a $2 credit for spending $2 and signing up with Green Man Gaming using my link

#2450 Talgrund

Talgrund

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:47 AM

can you just take the code and redeem it on Steam?

yes

#2451 Needles-Kane

Needles-Kane

White hot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:52 AM

Thank you! I might as well just trade in my stuff and get it for free, they don't seem to have things this cheap usually- maybe I'm just not paying attention.

#2452 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:52 AM

I know, I am just wondering if GMG Capsule needs to be running at all in order to play it through Steam. I'm guessing not but just want to be sure, never know with this stuff.

If a game is Steamworks it uses Steam and Steam only. Buying a Steamworks key is, for all intents and purposes, the exact same as purchasing from Steam directly in terms of the end product. So no, you will not use Capsule in any way for LotR.

#2453 Bizzquik

Bizzquik

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:51 AM

A Lord of the Rings game for $4? Sure, why not.

Thanks, guys.

Steam ID: Bizzquik
Xbox Live Gamertag: Bizzquik
PSN Network ID: Bummblue
WiiU ID: Bizzquik

Proud user of PinnacleGameProfiler: turning beloved keyboard+mouse PC games into controller-enabled, couch-friendly gaming experiences.

#2454 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:04 AM

Hey < a 5er is a good deal anywhere ;)
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#2455 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:07 AM

Couldn't resist LOTR:WITN for $4

76561197971332172.png

#2456 Caine

Caine

That's my cocaine.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:41 AM

Also snagged a copy of WitN for 4 bucks. On to the backlog with you.

fs_pc.png

KaseiVallis.png

#2457 Nintendokid54

Nintendokid54

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:57 AM

thanks guys... slowly but surely building up my PC backlog... LotR it is :)

76561198020429748.png

#2458 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:36 AM

So I'm not the only one who can't get an order through. GMG is so finnicky when it comes to order processing. None of my credit cards, or debit card, or paypal is going through.

I had random processing problem this morning. Called my credit union, wasn't them, tried again 20 min later, worked. >.>

They trip my banks fraud detection quite often.

I just wanna know why European stuff triggers fraud alerts all the time, but buying from China doesn't.

#2459 pottering

pottering

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:19 AM

Unity of Command 50% again! Yay! How I regretted missing the sale the first time.

#2460 Shrowd

Shrowd

Gaming Dad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:25 PM

I just wanna know why European stuff triggers fraud alerts all the time, but buying from China doesn't.

hmm.. because the banks owe more money to China? :lol:

76561198056146032.png    

Frostpaw.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: green man gaming, gmg, pc downloads, pc, greenmangaming