XBOX 360 Kinect Star Wars LE available for preorder($449.99) Amazon

I agree, but someone out there will surely get it, it says the 360 actually has custom R2-D2 sounds. Someone will think that's worth $450. :)

I posted this in the Xbox forum yesterday. Although the links in the "deal" section seem to automatically include Cheapy's referral, while mine didn't.

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']God that looks so sssssuper gay[/QUOTE]
I don't believe droids have a sexual preference.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed not a deal but the price is in line with other Limited Edition 360s. The Normal 250 GB model is $399.99 so for $50 more you get a larger HD (320 GB) and the Kinetic Star Wars Game (which will cost $50). Plus it is an R2-D2 Xbox :) If it came with 2 controllers it would make it much more tempting.

Edit: Looks like the standard model comes with a $50 credit so the non-Star Wars one is better for sure.

I might have been interested in it didnt come with kinect, and that game. The system looks neat but the rest is just junk to me. But my 360 pro still runs like a champ so I wouldnt need one anyway.

I like it, but I'm torn between this and the Gears one. I don't really want the SW Kinect game, but wouldn't mind a Kinect and I don't need Gears 3 on launch day. I'm probably better off getting the Gears bundle and waiting for a good deal or at least a Kinect game I want to play.

What I was really hoping for was Halo Anniversary getting an limited edition console. I'm sure Halo 4 will, but I'd like to have a new Xbox this year.

Personally I think the console is pretty cool. I may be older then some of you (32), but when I was a kid star wars was about the coolest thing. Wiffle ball bat light sabers, and using the pretend force kept me occupied for hours.

So maybe there's a lot of nostalgia for me but I'd love to pick this up. Really it's not to bad of a deal because of the larger hard drive, kinect, kinect star wars and kinect adventures. Not really a great deal but if you're a star wars fan and needing a kinect I dont know how this can get any better.

this is one of those things where if I were rich i'd buy five of them, store them away for 20+ years still sealed, and resell. love the design...and i don't even like Star Wars.

[quote name='joshrocker']Personally I think the console is pretty cool. I may be older then some of you (32), but when I was a kid star wars was about the coolest thing. Wiffle ball bat light sabers, and using the pretend force kept me occupied for hours.

So maybe there's a lot of nostalgia for me but I'd love to pick this up. Really it's not to bad of a deal because of the larger hard drive, kinect, kinect star wars and kinect adventures. Not really a great deal but if you're a star wars fan and needing a kinect I dont know how this can get any better.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I think it looks awesome in blue and white. Wish they did a little something with Kinect other than just make it white though. The cost at $450 is a lot of dough though.... but me really want this and the gears console. :(

[quote name='gamingdroid']Personally, I think it looks awesome in blue and white. Wish they did a little something with Kinect other than just make it white though. The cost at $450 is a lot of dough though.... but me really want this and the gears console. :([/QUOTE]

I like the white Kinect, but it's going to stick out like a sore thumb in my home theater

[quote name='joshrocker']I may be older then some of you (32), but when I was a kid star wars was about the coolest thing.[/QUOTE]

I'm in my 30's too so this LE is calling my name. I've been waiting for an LE console to strike me as a must have. This is it.

This could have gone wrong, but since it's based on R2-D2 and C-3PO, this turned out well.

[quote name='Techman16']ya that controller looks amaizingly epic[/QUOTE]

Since they are selling extra GOW3 controllers even though the GOW3 console has 2, they better do the same for C-3PO. I'd totally buy an extra or 3.

This is pretty awesome. I would get it just so people would see it when I opened my Xbox.

Thanks to Jessica Chobot of Twitter

[quote name='Brother Daz']I just want the controller :drool:[/QUOTE]

I think it's great, my jaw dropped when I came home from work and saw it last night.

[quote name='joshrocker']Personally I think the console is pretty cool. I may be older then some of you (32), but when I was a kid star wars was about the coolest thing. Wiffle ball bat light sabers, and using the pretend force kept me occupied for hours.

So maybe there's a lot of nostalgia for me but I'd love to pick this up. Really it's not to bad of a deal because of the larger hard drive, kinect, kinect star wars and kinect adventures. Not really a great deal but if you're a star wars fan and needing a kinect I dont know how this can get any better.[/QUOTE]

This is exacty why I want it, I think I might get one. Luckily I haven't upgraded and still have an older model so upgrading is a big plus too.

[quote name='cancerman1120']
x2_74fffe5 by Cancerman1120, on Flickr

This is pretty awesome. Would love it just to show people when I open my Xbox. Thanks to Jessica Chobot on Twitter for the pic.[/QUOTE]

That is awesome.

Also, this is probably the best 360 design ever, too bad I have 0 interest in a Kinect or Star Wars Kinect, or selling my slim 360.

I didn't know this was going to be available to the public, figured it was just some custom made console. I kind of wish they made a face-plate R2-D2 for the original Xbox 360. Also, I'd buy that gold controller and the current Halo Reach, silver-ish one.

Preordered this as soon as it went live. Guess I'm finally getting a Kinect.

I want that bigger hard drive and the R2 theme is sweet. Plus the C3PO controller looks like it has the awesome new dpad. It's a win/win almost all around save for the sure to be crappy Star Wars Kinect game.

Now I gotta figure out how to pay for it before it comes out. I hope for next year but I doubt I'll have that much time to save for it.

[quote name='voidedx']I'm in my 30's too so this LE is calling my name. I've been waiting for an LE console to strike me as a must have. This is it.

This could have gone wrong, but since it's based on R2-D2 and C-3PO, this turned out well.[/QUOTE]

My older cousin took me and my sisters to see the Empire Strikes Back at the movie theater when it first came out, to give you an idea of how long I've been a Star Wars fan:oldman: But I am definitely part of the target audience this was made for and I can't wait to hear the sounds it makes in person come late December when my pre-order arrives. I've never purchased a special edition Xbox, but this was the first design to make me change that motto!

I bought a 4GB system last week for $100.
I'm highly debating trading/selling it and picking this up, because damn.

I thought they said it was gonna have the biggest available hard drive? A 320GB. Thats alot for a 4GB kinect bundle, even if its Star Wars themed. The game looks like crap.

[quote name='Abeja']I thought they said it was gonna have the biggest available hard drive? A 320GB. Thats alot for a 4GB kinect bundle, even if its Star Wars themed. The game looks like crap.[/QUOTE]

What? It does come with a 320GB HDD, same as the one that comes with Gears 3 bundle.

[quote name='Spyder187']This is not the deal you are looking for.

The deal is week with this one.

Sorry, had to do it.[/QUOTE]

This is not the spelling you are looking for.

The grammar is weak with this one.

Sorry, had to do it. :p

What a waste of money. Only an overly obsessed 360 and Star Wars fan boy would get this. Which is a lot of people. Guess, its a good plan knowing some people will get it.

Not saying it's not well done, but man slap Star Wars on anything it sells. No wonder why it seems LucasArts could care how their games turn out.

Also, the 360 literally has to be the Nintendo DS of home console systems. I couldn't imagine how many of the 360's sold are actually just to people who already had 360's.

That's pretty sweet, although a bit pricey. I like the gears console better though. I wish Sony would come out with somthing cool like this. I would totally buy an uncharted or Kratos console. IMO the ps3 slim console is pretty plain looking.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']That's pretty sweet, although a bit pricey. I like the gears console better though. I wish Sony would come out with somthing cool like this. I would totally buy an uncharted or Kratos console. IMO the ps3 slim console is pretty plain looking.[/QUOTE]

Sony will, it will come with even less features than the current slim! :D

idk im a big star wars fan and i think it looks cheesy, the box art is awesome.

i have the gears xbox on preorder and i like it alot more than this one; i def wont be picking up this star wars one

[quote name='Chrono Gear']This is not the spelling you are looking for.

The grammar is weak with this one.

Sorry, had to do it. :p[/QUOTE]

wow you had to be THAT guy, huh :roll:

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']What? It does come with a 320GB HDD, same as the one that comes with Gears 3 bundle.[/QUOTE]

Im sorry. I fail.

Damn. I love the console and the controller. And it come with Kinect. I have the Gears one already pre-ordered. Damn, what's a girl gonna do? I'll stick with the Gears cos I want to actually play gow3 on launch. And that starwars kinect seems like a crappy game. I'm a SW fan and even I don't want to play it.

[quote name='giantqtipz']Damn, I can lose my virginity for $450, that's how ridiculous the pricing of this and my life are.[/QUOTE]

I kinda feel ya. If I spend $450 on a second 360, my wife will never sleep with me again... I guess I would be a 30yo re-virgin. :cry:

I gotta say, I'd appreciate this much more if it was dark side themed...but yeah...with a new console already in the works, these 450 dollar limited editions are ridiculous.

That, and R2D2 stuff is a sure-fire way to swear off your sex life if you're a single man.

[quote name='redshadow']I gotta say, I'd appreciate this much more if it was dark side themed...but yeah...with a new console already in the works, these 450 dollar limited editions are ridiculous.

That, and R2D2 stuff is a sure-fire way to swear off your sex life if you're a single man.[/QUOTE]

My opinion...if a chick don't want to sleep with you because you like Star Wars then you are trying to sleep with the wrong chicks. Wear you nerdness with pride man :)

[quote name='SuppaMan']Not saying it's not well done, but man slap Star Wars on anything it sells. No wonder why it seems LucasArts could care how their games turn out.[/QUOTE]

They could have easily went many wrong directions and alienated the OT SW fans. For me, Clone Wars and Prequels are not my thing at least not for merchandise. I just like OT and select EU merchandise. R2-D2/C-3PO is a great choice as it covers the entire fan base.

If they tried to do a Darth Vader themed one, I'd never love it. If they tried to do an X-Wing or any ship themed one, it'd be hard to pull off without a custom console shape. I actually can't dream up a better SW idea that I would enjoy more.

The only non-SW thing that could compete for my heart would be a G1 Transformers theme. Optimus as the console and Bumblebee as the controller? No, Soundwave as the console and Laserbeak and Ravage as the controllers! *drool* (Actually, I'd still buy the former.)

I have zero expectations for the game itself. I'd eventually have it either way (since I collect every Region 1 360 disc game made).

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I really love the look of the console. I was so dead set in getting a Gears 3 bundle, but now...oh man. What to do, what to do?[/QUOTE]

I had the Gears 3 bundle pre-ordered too. I canceled it immediately after preordering the SW bundle. Although for me, deep down I knew I was going to cancel the Gears 3 bundle because I don't love it.

[quote name='Kali']Damn. I love the console and the controller. And it come with Kinect. I have the Gears one already pre-ordered. Damn, what's a girl gonna do? I'll stick with the Gears cos I want to actually play gow3 on launch. And that starwars kinect seems like a crappy game. I'm a SW fan and even I don't want to play it.[/QUOTE]

Buy the Gears 3 standalone game! Amazon offers $20 credit on it.

You don't have to play the Star Wars Kinect game. Sell it.

It comes down to if you want a red/black 360 and controllers or do you want R2-D2 and C-3PO connected to your TV! Whatever makes you happier.

[quote name='cancerman1120']My opinion...if a chick don't want to sleep with you because you like Star Wars then you are trying to sleep with the wrong chicks. Wear you nerdness with pride man :)[/QUOTE]
Completely agree. These days I wear novelty OT SW/G1 Transformers T-Shirts and if a girl doesn't like them, that can save everyone time and headache. The prettiest girls turn ugly to me if I learn they don't like computers or respect my other interests.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't have a slim yet, so had no problem pre-ordering this straight away.

I know nothing about Kinect Star Wars, but that cover art is some kind of awesome. Totally has a retro vibe to it.

[quote name='gunstar808']Don't have a slim yet, so had no problem pre-ordering this straight away.

I know nothing about Kinect Star Wars, but that cover art is some kind of awesome. Totally has a retro vibe to it.[/QUOTE]

Always judge a book by its cover. :whee:

bread's done
Back