Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Borderlands 2 - Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep - 6/25 - 800 pts.

• Please log in to reply
2472 replies to this topic

#31 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 01:47 PM

I didn't care about gun drops between waves because you can farm Crawmerax or any chest run over and over and over again.

An extended skill tree, more classes, and the option to play male/female for each one is what I'm looking for. Once you hit 69 you can pretty much have points in every skill.

Oh yeah, I didn't care about the drops between waves either after Knoxx came out, but I bought Underdome just a couple days after it came out and was seriously disappointed about the crappy weapons between waves.

The collection cheevs sucked ass for Claptrap. I really don't think there's any real way to get them outside of farming Minac. I put at least 40 hours into that DLC and only got the bobblehead one and had to resort to faming Minac.

#32 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 02:00 PM

at least zombie brain collection was definite so long as you scored a crit on them, which was very easy. even a shotgun to the face could net you a brain. You get a zombie brain, you see your progress, you know how many more you need to complete the quest...and in multiplayer a concerted effort makes it less painful.

the random and ultra rare collection achievements in Clap Trap Rev is mind numbing, especially since there is no way to view your progress outside of marking it down physically to keep track.

I don't care about achievements, so I wasn't even trying to get them and the game was still tedious as hell. I understand that it's meant to be played with friends that it's more enjoyable that way, but I think if they're going to include singleplayer, they should tweak it so us loners can have fun too. Hopefully the sequel will be more to my liking...I'm definitely renting it first.

#33 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 02:04 PM

I think Borderlands worked well as a single player game where you can just zone the Fuck out and kill/collect stuff. I have a blast when I'm playing it and not actively thinking about it.

#34 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 02:08 PM

Just started Borderlands after getting the GOTYE on sale from PSN. Seems fun still adjusting to the controls on the PS3.

#35 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 04 August 2011 - 02:20 PM

maybe the ability to use all guns, but with a few tweaks/bonus/stipulation

You can use any gun as any player, do you mean class mods?

Hopefully they'll input something to track our Borderlands 1 game saves and reward us with something. Maybe something carrying over or what not. Either way, can't wait!

I was thinking the same thing. Carrying over guns would be awesome, but I don't know how they would handle bringing over level 60+ weapons at the beginning of the new game.

I don't care about achievements, so I wasn't even trying to get them and the game was still tedious as hell. I understand that it's meant to be played with friends that it's more enjoyable that way, but I think if they're going to include singleplayer, they should tweak it so us loners can have fun too. Hopefully the sequel will be more to my liking...I'm definitely renting it first.

How far did you get? The first time I beat the game, I played solo and it did seem a little tedious until you got to the big area where you fight Skagzilla, then it was a lot better. They seemed to really drag out the "learning the game" missions at the beginning.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#36 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:12 PM

Loved the first. I beat it solo and had a blast. Unfortunately the person I was playing co-op with has zero attention span and could not figure out what he was supposed to do with the multiple quests we had. I'm getting this day one!

#37 iiinightmar3ii

iiinightmar3ii

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:52 PM

Can't wait to play this game. I loved the first and have all the achievements for it. It was something different then what I was used to playing with the RPG elements mixed in, so this will definitely be a first day purchase for me.

#38 Ziv

Ziv

Jerk Extreme

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:42 PM

The only thing I would want them to change is the ability to actually customize your guns. Finding new guns was always cool, but there were times where I had a gun I really liked and wanted to use it if it had one small change. I'd usually end up using a slightly weaker gun with better ammo capacity over a more powerful one. Since the guns were randomized in the first place, and you had a chance to get an awesome combo, I want the ability to upgrade my current guns.

They could make it hard to do, or expensive as a way to balance out the upgrade. They weren't really worried about balance in the first place.

#39 Trakan

Trakan

Mark IV Style Motherfucker!

• Super Moderators

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:55 PM

The only thing I would want them to change is the ability to actually customize your guns. Finding new guns was always cool, but there were times where I had a gun I really liked and wanted to use it if it had one small change. I'd usually end up using a slightly weaker gun with better ammo capacity over a more powerful one. Since the guns were randomized in the first place, and you had a chance to get an awesome combo, I want the ability to upgrade my current guns.

They could make it hard to do, or expensive as a way to balance out the upgrade. They weren't really worried about balance in the first place.

Well, it is a loot game, so I don't really want them to let you upgrade guns. I guess if they made you go and loot the materials needed to do so that would be okay.

I can agree with being able to change the gun cosmetically though. A different sight or color, etc.

#40 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:57 PM

I think Borderlands worked well as a single player game where you can just zone the Fuck out and kill/collect stuff. I have a blast when I'm playing it and not actively thinking about it.

Ha ha, maybe, but that doesn't really appeal to me. I'm not the type to really zone out and play mindlessly. If that ever does happen, I usually end up falling asleep. Parenthood tends to make you constantly tired, so active stimulation is needed to get through the day.

How far did you get? The first time I beat the game, I played solo and it did seem a little tedious until you got to the big area where you fight Skagzilla, then it was a lot better. They seemed to really drag out the "learning the game" missions at the beginning.

I beat the game and Zombie Island. I may have finished some of the other DLC, but I honestly don't remember. I think I might've stopped playing somewhere in the middle of Secret Armory; I don't think I've played Underdome or Robot Revolution yet (I'm waiting until my buddy gets back from Iraq).

I enjoyed the Skagzilla area and I also enjoyed several portions of Zombie Island; there were just so many portions where it felt more like a chore than a game. I mean, I don't play FPS games online because I think it's incredibly pointless to spend all day exchanging fire with random people and that's what Borderlands felt like to me. The incessant killing greatly dominated over the storyline.

Some of those boss battles were pretty awesome, though.

#41 timesplitt

timesplitt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2011 - 05:27 AM

You can use any gun as any player, do you mean class mods?

now that i remember you can use all weapons. i do still remember though opening 1,000 crates and having a higher chance of getting rocket and snipers and getting annoyed by it
Posted Image

#42 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 06 August 2011 - 06:48 AM

I really hope they don't just decide to slap a second equip hand and call it a day. The few things that could've made the first game so much better is armor equips, more RPG elements and more to do after leveling up, and just more meaningful quests + story.

the biggest things i'd like to see added is armor and story though. the first game was fun as hell, just feel like adding armor drops to loot would make it so much more addicting.

#43 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2011 - 04:04 PM

I'm pretty sure that Gearbox won't just end their additions to this with a second equip hand, they seem to really know what could be better from the original game and I beleive they'll fix it.

#44 Trakan

Trakan

• Super Moderators

Posted 06 August 2011 - 08:11 PM

Borderlands 2 is bumpin' up the brutality with new details, courtesy of the latest issue of GameInformer. Co-op will remain four-player, but the enemy and NPC AI has been revved to support a more interactive environment, with friendlies offering dialogue and bandits carrying weapons unique to their class. Eridium, a new element, will serve as currency and a means of upgrading weapons and vehicles, we assume by duct-taping it to whichever item you wish to improve.

The original Borderlands characters will be NPCs in the Gearbox sequel, but we do have a small amount of details on a new character, the dwarf Salvador, who is pictured above. A Gunzerker, Salvador will be able to dual-wield any weapon, all while sporting a sweet beard. Borderlands 2 will use all new weapons, each designed to fit the personalities of their in-game manufacturers, and the story will feature dynamic missions, making factors such as time critical to your success.

Borderlands 2 is expected to launch in Take-Two's fiscal year 2013, which begins April 1, 2012. But most importantly, Claptrap will be back, we hope with some new dance moves.

http://www.joystiq.c...ump-of-new-det/

#45 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2011 - 02:39 AM

sweet...I knew they were going to have a mjit vault hunter.

#46 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 07 August 2011 - 06:08 AM

being able to possibly create / customize your own character is definitely a welcome addition. cant wait to hear more details about this

#47 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2011 - 06:23 AM

I hope that the midgit is somehow related to Thirsty.

#48 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

You tell me where to be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2011 - 01:36 PM

"Original characters will be NPCs"... Do they mean that NPCs from the original like Tannis and Moxxi will appear again, or that Brick/Roland/Mordecai/Lilith will not be playable this time?

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#49 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2011 - 05:05 PM

According to the thread in the PS3 forums they mean that the vault hunters from the first game are not playable.

#50 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 01:41 PM

"Original characters will be NPCs"... Do they mean that NPCs from the original like Tannis and Moxxi will appear again, or that Brick/Roland/Mordecai/Lilith will not be playable this time?

sounds like Brick/Roland/Mord/Lilith will not be playable characters but NPC's. that said...I'm pleased to finally gotten 25 oil cans w/out having to leave my xbox on for several hours. the patch increases the drop rates of those elusive achievement items.

#51 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

You tell me where to be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2011 - 01:43 AM

Concept art gallery: http://www.trueachie...rt-released.htm

#52 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 15 August 2011 - 02:35 AM

Day fucking one.

seanr1221.png

#53 praxus07

praxus07

Posted 15 August 2011 - 10:15 PM

Since I don't play online, this will be a $20 purchase like the first one was with all the DLC on disk. I'll be busy playing Skyrim for the next two years anyway.....
Praxus_07.png

#54 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2011 - 10:19 PM

If you wait for Borderlands 2 to drop to $20 w/DLC you might have to wait 4 or 5 years.

lil guy looks like Wolverine w/guns and no mask.

#55 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

You tell me where to be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2011 - 01:42 PM

Teaser trailer featuring the dual-wielding Gunzerker:

#56 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2011 - 02:11 PM

I really hope there's more than 1 character.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#57 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

You tell me where to be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2011 - 02:14 PM

I really hope there's more than 1 character.

Any reason to think there wouldn't be?? Having the different classes to play was a pretty fundamental part of the first game, I can't imagine that would change.

#58 Trakan

Trakan

• Super Moderators

Posted 16 August 2011 - 06:31 PM

http://www.gameinfor...PostPageIndex=1

Posted Image

Posted Image

#59 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2011 - 06:45 PM

hmmm...that's promising, the borderlands wiki breaks down guns visually by muzzle, stock, barrel, sights, etc. If that's the case these images almost tell you that the customization and variety of weapons can be modified down to this level as well and not just randomly generated by the lewt daemon.

nice 1.

#60 praxus07

praxus07

Posted 17 August 2011 - 01:41 AM

If you wait for Borderlands 2 to drop to $20 w/DLC you might have to wait 4 or 5 years.

lil guy looks like Wolverine w/guns and no mask.

Doubt it'd be that long. How long was it till the bundled edition of Borderlands came out? Two years I think. I can wait, I'm not that excited over Borderlands 2, so the wait won't kill me.

Most games anymore, I'll be waiting on buying till they either come out with a GoTY edit, or some kind of bundled edition. Just a lot cheaper, and most of the games out/coming out I'm not terribly excited over. Skyrim I've got pre-ordered, and the last game I had pre-ordered before that was Fallout:NV.

And like I said, I don't play co-op/online, so I'm not missing out on anything by waiting.
Praxus_07.png