Borderlands 2 - Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep - 6/25 - 800 pts.

[quote name='100xp']i'm in the same boat.

the entertainment value of borderlands and replayability was just prime. from all the videos released so far, it really does look like an awesome sequal with only the things we loved about it amplified with added perks. the only thing I could possibly want more of for it would be additional classes just so I have more reasons to play again.

in other news: the dual wielding special ability reminds me of Hellgate London's hunter or marksman, I forget which one it's been forever. their special was pulling out 2 smg's and just lighting up the entire screen for massive damage. gunzerker of course lasts much longer and the variety of wpns is broader. crap...hellgate london was an awesome game.[/QUOTE]

My theory: if it's not broke, don't fix it.
I get enough decisions/talking to people in Elder Scrolls, Fallout, ME, etc., but there aren't many more games out there like Borderlands.

Not sure if everyone realizes this or not, but just to clarify: I wasn't saying that Borderlands should have more RPG elements. I was just saying that it's not an RPG and that I don't think it should be referred to as one (not that I'll bother with trying to stop you). The same can be said for the entire JRPG genre.

early rpgs were very basic in the sense you talk to an npc, get a quest, go gather or kill the monster, and ultimately stop some super power from destorying the world. it's the evolution of rpgs that I think most ppl are using as the primary example of what an rpg should be like. if borderlands was a 2D bit mapped game for sega or SNES it would be considered an rpg in every way except with guns instead of swords and magic. I'd just say on the rpg scale it's a very simple rpg unlike ME2 which is at the top of the rpg complexity scale.

borderlands is easily one of my favorite games for xbox. i'm fine with the way it is and the way it's shaping to become in the sequel.

(but I see your point)

i saw, she's obviously looks awesome in makeup...my friend entered this contest too, and even her in make up was rather convincing (plus being a professional body builder that help...hee hee). if I can find a link of it i'll see if I can post it, she made the local news as well as numerous shots in at Gen Con as lilith.

I thought they were going to use her likeness in the game as well as promotional materials. amazon's release date also says june 30th...haven't confirmed if it's official yet because it's easier to just type in a post than google it. amirite?

June 30 is a Sunday. I'm pretty sure Amazon just puts June 30 or December 31 as placeholders for anything that doesn't have a release date yet.

That's the best trailer I've ever seen in my life. I could not stop smiling. :D

So glad to see Tannis returning too, she was my favorite NPC in the first one.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']That's the best trailer I've ever seen in my life. I could not stop smiling. :D

So glad to see Tannis returning too, she was my favorite NPC in the first one.[/QUOTE]

Mine too.

This should be a hoot, probably going Siren again.

equip, reload, do violence? hahaha.

hopefully zero is a viable melee character. I always wanted to play as one of the crimson lance assassins.

[quote name='jello44']This should be a hoot, probably going Siren again.[/QUOTE]
Sirens all day. Though the new Ninja class looks pretty intriguing too.

It looks liked to me that Zero (ninja class?) will be the new siren from 1, with the ability to phase walk, be melee etc

From OPs post, it looks like siren wont have phasewalk in 2, if that's the case, I'm going with Zero this time around, at least as my main.

From the limited look at the Siren's skill tree that we get in the video, it looks like she's gaining a bunch of teammate-healing oriented abilities. Her main skill seems to be "Phaselock" rather than "Phasewalk," so maybe it's more about statis-ing the enemies. It's not clear whether the stealth element will still be part of it, but yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if they moved that element over to the Ninja class.

Come on Collectors Edition! Would love a claptrap figure or something. :D

Guess this means I should fire up the Japan version and get all the achievements in that version since it stacks :)

I was getting all moist after watching the trailer I was kinda late to the whole borderlands scene and just recently bought it like 2-3 months ago it's easily my favorite game this gen.

In for a CE or LE preorder for sure :)!

So are there any plans for a demo? I'm running out of viable co-op games until later this year (RE6) and though the first game failed to wow me the promise of a MUCH better storyline has me intrigued.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']So are there any plans for a demo? I'm running out of viable co-op games until later this year (RE6) and though the first game failed to wow me the promise of a MUCH better storyline has me intrigued.[/QUOTE]

viable coop game...May 15. haha. There's also tons of Gears to hammer out achievements for, ME3 MP, and for those that gambled on RE:ORC. (dodges bullet)

I hate Gears of War 3 for plenty of different reasons I won't derail the thread by explaining here. I don't own or play it anymore. ME MP is great but it is really starting to run its course with me. I honestly don't even want to get into RE:ORC because it isn't a terrible game by any length of the imagination. It's just dreadfully BORING to play which is the worst thing you could possibly say for any shooter. After a chapter or 3 - 4 MP matches I literally have to take a break and do something else.

So with all that said I'm getting desperate and willing to give Borderlands a second chance since 90% of the videos I've seen of the sequel look pretty good.

I actually played the trial for that game. I did like it, but I don't know. Something about it just didn't scream "Replay me often!" like ME MP did after a few games. Eh like you said there's plenty of other titles out there I'm probably overlooking. Time to do some digging or start clearing out the ol' backlog.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']I actually played the trial for that game. I did like it, but I don't know. Something about it just didn't scream "Replay me often!" like ME MP did after a few games. Eh like you said there's plenty of other titles out there I'm probably overlooking. Time to do some digging or start clearing out the ol' backlog.[/QUOTE]

the demo didnt do it justice, and playing the MP in coop was just a ton of fun. simplified mech warrior w/great art direction.

the problem I had with borderland 1 in MP was, if your friends were ahead or behind in missions it sometimes glitched your progress. If you can find some buds that will soley have a MP character, it was a much better experience.

totally looking fwd to B2 the screens and video look awesome, hoping to get the game for free as one of our cilents works at 2K in NYC and he gives us a bunch of games every year...none of which were xbox so I didn't get to reach into the cookie jar on that one.

The Deluxe Vault Hunters Edition will include a Marcus Kincaid bobble head doll and will retail for about $100. The Ultimate Loot Chest Edition will include Borderlands loot chest replica and will include Marcus Kincaid bobble head doll as well. No price is known yet for the Ultimate Loot Chest Edition but I'm guessing $130-$150 range. Both editions will also include additional items that will be revealed at a later time. You can take a peek at the loot chest replica and the bobble head doll below in the picture.

originalpreview.jpg

I hope the most expensive one has all the items of the lesser one, because I don't want to have to buy both.

So the MSRP of the chest edition would probably be 149.99 I take it? I'll be getting it either way I just kind of hope these are truly "limited" editions.

That special edition is pretty epic. I may buy my first overpriced limited edition version of a game. Loved the first enough to...

I'm definitely in for the Ultimate edition. Now that Witcher 2 is almost here, B2 is my most anticipated game of the year. I hope NECA finally gets off their asses and releases that Claptrap figure that was supposed to come out back in 2010.

bread's done
Back