Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Borderlands 2 - Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep - 6/25 - 800 pts.

• Please log in to reply
2472 replies to this topic

#631 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:59 AM

Well, (and this is not to just dismiss your complaint) one of the biggest problems people had with the original Borderlands was how even the highest level enemies were totally outclassed by a level 50 character. One of the DLCs rebalanced all of the enemies in the game.

I'm not sure how it works in B2, there are definitely some zones where enemies stay permanently low level but others seem to scale. I'm sure there's some pattern.

I can understand the complaints, but I think this goes in the complete opposite direction. I'm not really seeing a good balance here. The game really seems thoughtless when it comes to single player. Sometimes I'd go through areas and have 50+ enemies spawn, and then I'd go back through the same area again with someone only to have 15 enemies spawn. It really seems off.

Anyway, just beat it. The final boss was
Spoiler

Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#632 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:17 AM

Pitchford tweeted that they plan to do two more code drops tomorrow with one in the morning and the other in the evening. Each time it will be a code which can be redeemed 1000 times and the redeemer receives 5 golden keys.

#633 io

io

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:28 AM

Pitchford tweeted that they plan to do two more code drops tomorrow with one in the morning and the other in the evening. Each time it will be a code which can be redeemed 1000 times and the redeemer receives 5 golden keys.

Holy hell - don't want to miss that. I wonder what "morning" means to them. I'm usually up till 5 or 6 am Pacific so if they do it early East Coast time I might snag it then.

Ah, just checked the tweet and it is central time. Well, screw that - I'll be asleep for sure ;).

#634 koalak

koalak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:59 AM

This is useful:
Borderlands 2 Complete Side Missions List
GameShampoo username: lokik
Playing:
Rift: lvl 14 Rogue (Ranger/Marksman/Saboteur)
WoW: lvl 57 Hunter (Beast Master)

#635 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Archaic kinds of fun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:20 AM

Spoiler

I don't know, I beat it solo on level 30/31 (leveled up during the fight) with a Siren. Some of the earlier bosses were actually harder I thought.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#636 GirlsRscandalouz

GirlsRscandalouz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:57 AM

I don't know, I beat it solo on level 30/31 (leveled up during the fight) with a Siren. Some of the earlier bosses were actually harder I thought.

I'm with you I just beat it on solo with my Level 32 Siren.. its all about the guns you choose to use and how fast you are. It took all of 5 minutes if that. Loved the game though. Now I gotta go back and play the rest of the missions to get that Platinum trophy baby!!! already at 67%

#637 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:09 AM

Spoiler

If you die, when you respawn back up at the top, you can jump on the cliff to the left of the blue barrier so that you have perfect view of the enemy while being protected by the barrier. You wont get any critical hits so it takes quite a while, but it was definitely the easiest/stress free way to beat that boss. He sometimes jumps to the middle of the screen, out of your view from the cliff, but I found if you jumped you could time it right to where you hit him over the barrier.

538822.png

#638 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Archaic kinds of fun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:36 AM

I'm with you I just beat it on solo with my Level 32 Siren.. its all about the guns you choose to use and how fast you are. It took all of 5 minutes if that. Loved the game though. Now I gotta go back and play the rest of the missions to get that Platinum trophy baby!!! already at 67%

"Platinum"... "trophy"... ? Surely you meant to say "1000 gamerscore". ;)

This one seems a good deal more involved than the original Borderlands. For one thing you have to play a significant portion of the game as Gunzerker and Assassin for their achievements (or have someone power level you I guess). Completing all challenges seems like it will be a major pain.

#639 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:12 PM

Completing all challenges seems like it will be a major pain.

Isn't it just complete the first level of each non-area based challenge?
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#640 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Archaic kinds of fun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:28 PM

Isn't it just complete the first level of each non-area based challenge?

Yup. Even so, there's a lot of them. :)

#641 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:32 PM

This one seems a good deal more involved than the original Borderlands. For one thing you have to play a significant portion of the game as Gunzerker and Assassin for their achievements (or have someone power level you I guess). Completing all challenges seems like it will be a major pain.

You just need to complete level 1 of all non level specific challenges. Shouldn't be too tough. I'm almost there and am only a lvl 24

#642 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:38 PM

Sigh...I've tried this one side quest boss 10 times already, and each time it scales to my level. I just can't believe they thought level scaling was a good idea. It blows my mind since they still have the mechanic from the first game where the higher level you are at means the more enemies that are spawned. Completely mind boggling.

other suggestion if it wasn't already suggested...try to change up your skill tree and wpns/mods/nade if you can. I had a lot of trouble w/one encounter area and I switched it up to be hybrid melee/sniper. Since there was so much surprise close encounters i was getting a lot of counter attack melee bonus in and getting through that area was much easier.

or as mentioned...come back when you have much better gear, levels, and a clear head. no sense is getting frustrated over this...this much.

#643 kklems

kklems

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:09 PM

Codes for all platforms dropped on twitter

#644 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:19 PM

Randy Pitchford (@DuvalMagic) tweeted at 10:06 AM on Wed, Sep 26, 2012:
X360 Borderlands 2 SHiFT code with 1k redemptions for 5 Golden Keys: WJKJT-RX6HB-BFRB6-WFTT3-SHK5X

Too bad i am at work. Good luck cags.

#645 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:24 PM

All Xbox codes have been redeemed

#646 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:32 PM

Codes for all platforms dropped on twitter

Thanks but Twitter Whores must have camped out and destroyed that code the split second he posted it. It's done.

As for the end game... I thought the boss was ridiculously easy and underwhelming solo even for my melee based Zer0. I think I'm nearly finished with the challenges achievement as well. I just have to farm Crystaliks for easy crits, Lynchwood for the barrel and day/afternoon kill challenges to finish up.

I'm more concerned with the Jimmy Jinkins achievement since the general consensus is he's ridiculously hard to find because he can spawn anywhere in the game.

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#647 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:32 PM

I'm up to 8 golden keys now. Hopefully I'll get the code tonight too.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#648 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Archaic kinds of fun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:05 PM

Self-proclaimed first person to reach level 50 in Borderlands 2 after 43 hours of playing starting from midnight Tuesday.

I have no idea how you would verify something like that, but... whatever.

#649 GirlsRscandalouz

GirlsRscandalouz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:26 PM

If you die, when you respawn back up at the top, you can jump on the cliff to the left of the blue barrier so that you have perfect view of the enemy while being protected by the barrier. You wont get any critical hits so it takes quite a while, but it was definitely the easiest/stress free way to beat that boss. He sometimes jumps to the middle of the screen, out of your view from the cliff, but I found if you jumped you could time it right to where you hit him over the barrier.

Not if you have a rocket launcher that does 12000 damage and is elemental haha I did the same thing

#650 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:28 PM

Self-proclaimed first person to reach level 50 in Borderlands 2 after 43 hours of playing starting from midnight Tuesday.

that's how he wins in life.

i'm more impressed with my friend's stay at home mom who beat Halo 3 on legendary, solo.

#651 DeskLaser

DeskLaser

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:31 PM

If you have more than one golden key, on the screen with the challenges for the badass levels where it shows how many keys you have, will it still just show 1, or will it have the actual total number? I still have not used my golden key for preordering, so I have that one. Then, I registered and linked my gamertag to Shift the day the game came out and my total never showed more than 1. Then, last night, I got the prompt on the screen again showing that I have received a golden key, but my total still shows 1. Is this normal, or will I permanently just have only one golden key? Thanks.
Posted Image

#652 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:33 PM

I have no idea why you would WANT to verify something like that to the general public in the first place.

i'm more impressed with my friend's stay at home mom who beat Halo 3 on legendary, solo.

Hot.

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#653 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Archaic kinds of fun

• CAGiversary!

If you have more than one golden key, on the screen with the challenges for the badass levels where it shows how many keys you have, will it still just show 1, or will it have the actual total number? I still have not used my golden key for preordering, so I have that one. Then, I registered and linked my gamertag to Shift the day the game came out and my total never showed more than 1. Then, last night, I got the prompt on the screen again showing that I have received a golden key, but my total still shows 1. Is this normal, or will I permanently just have only one golden key? Thanks.

Mine says 2 since registering for Shift. It didn't update right away though.

#654 Renegade Moose

Renegade Moose

Mine shows two next to the x prompt when you go to open the chest.
Posted Image

#655 GirlsRscandalouz

GirlsRscandalouz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:36 PM

Hell no I'm playing on PS3 not Xbox we get trophies Platinum is the last one after getting all of the others

#656 DeskLaser

DeskLaser

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:46 PM

Mine shows two next to the x prompt when you go to open the chest.

Luckily I haven't been tempted to use the key yet, since I got an orange assault rifle with explosive rounds that dropped for me on a really early side quest boss, but it looks as if I may be screwed unless I can get on one of those twitter codes. The way those have been going, that is not looking like a big possibility though.
Posted Image

#657 One From Zero

One From Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:39 PM

In case it hasn't been mentioned here yet...

It appears you can clone backpack items in BL2 the same as in BL1 when playing online co-op.

For XBOX:

1. Guest makes sure current state is saved and everyone gets away from save "poles"
2. Guest drops item
3. Host picks up item
4. Guest immediately quits to dashboard (GUIDE -> Y) (loses unsaved progress)
5. Host saves game normally (save pole/quit)

This simply exploits the fact that a non-host can exit without saving while leaving the rest of the team in-game, so two guests can clone as well.

Edited by One From Zero, 26 September 2012 - 07:26 PM.

#658 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:58 PM

One From Zero- dude, I had no idea you were registered here.

#659 One From Zero

One From Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:07 PM

One From Zero- dude, I had no idea you were registered here.

hahaha. Yeah, had been lurking here for some time until I got BL1 and saw the CAG playteam thread some months ago. That motivated me to finally make it legal :)

#660 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:36 PM

hahaha. Yeah, had been lurking here for some time until I got BL1 and saw the CAG playteam thread some months ago. That motivated me to finally make it legal :)

Cool. Hope you like it here. This place is the reason I have so many damn Xbox games.:lol: