Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Borderlands 2 - Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep - 6/25 - 800 pts.

• Please log in to reply
2472 replies to this topic

#1111 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:26 AM

I am having a lot of fun with Gaige. Definitely my second favorite character after Maya. They weren't kidding about "fixing" Mamaril's spawn rate, I've played to level 17 so far and not seen him a single time in this playthrough.

I have the day off work tomorrow so depending on when the DLC is available I may be able to play it during the day. :D

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#1112 io

io

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:15 AM

Downloading the new DLC right now... It is 1.2 GB by the way!

It wasn't there when I started playing at 2am Pacific even though the game told me there was new content. It was there at 4am when I was done playing though.

#1113 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:19 AM

Just started as well. :)

Sweet Gaige video:

I wonder why there's no trailer video for Captain Scarlett?

Edited by Ryuukishi, 16 October 2012 - 11:38 AM.

#1114 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:32 PM

I cant even find the DLC. I've checked both Xbox.com and straight from my Xbox. I did see a ad for it but when I click on that, it shows up for a price if -1 msp. Hope this is sorted out quickly.

Edit-ok I was able to access it through the in game dlc menu.

#1115 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:36 PM

I cant even find the DLC. I've checked both Xbox.com and straight from my Xbox. I did see a ad for it but when I click on that, it shows up for a price if -1 msp. Hope this is sorted out quickly.

What about from the in-game DLC menu?

#1116 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:44 PM

What about from the in-game DLC menu?

Looks like I ninja edited you. Thanks

#1117 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:58 PM

#1118 DurbanBrown

DurbanBrown

to the MOON

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:02 PM

got it this morn. hadnt played it yet though. gonna have to check it out when i get home

Zombies-Sig.jpg

last.fm: shroomer1999                                                                  Designed By Lilchiji

#1119 koalak

koalak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:28 PM

Gaige Pirate head:

Borderlands 2: Bullet Buccaneer
GameShampoo username: lokik
Playing:
Rift: lvl 14 Rogue (Ranger/Marksman/Saboteur)
WoW: lvl 57 Hunter (Beast Master)

#1120 HydroX

HydroX

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:30 PM

Well I just got The Bee from Hunter Hellquist on my first attempt. Getting very lucky with the orange drops so far (only 3, but 3 of the best items in the game IMHO).

#1121 io

io

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:52 PM

DLC gives you a place named "Oasis" to warp to. I went there last night and fought some pirates and did a few side missions. The hovercraft (new vehicle) is pretty damn slick, though. It controls much better than the other vehicles.

#1122 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:44 PM

Well the g4tv review of the pirate dlc says it is great. He was saying that 8+ hours of content easily. Time to buy a season pass.
Posted Image

#1123 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:16 PM

Yeah the hovercraft is pretty badass

#1124 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:21 PM

I'm loving everything about it. I never had any doubt though. GB really does know how to put out quality DLC.

#1125 Renegade Moose

Renegade Moose

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:21 AM

If they have multiple places to go in the DLC I hope they fixed one of my few complaints from the first game. That you couldn't warp anywhere except the main area.
Posted Image

#1126 Trakan

Trakan

Mark IV Style Motherfucker!

• Super Moderators

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:41 AM

If they have multiple places to go in the DLC I hope they fixed one of my few complaints from the first game. That you couldn't warp anywhere except the main area.

This is somewhat fixed. There are about 5 areas to go to in the DLC. They all have fast travel options, but a lot of the missions have quests that are at the end of an area, and you have to run all the way back to get back to the exit/fast travel station. It was faster for me to just save and quit so I'd reload back at the beginning.

My opinion of the DLC: Don't buy it unless you love BL2 in general. Spoilers incoming.

Spoiler

#1127 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:36 AM

Is that your time after completing all side quests also?

#1128 Trakan

Trakan

Mark IV Style Motherfucker!

• Super Moderators

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:01 AM

Is that your time after completing all side quests also?

Spoiler

#1129 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:07 PM

I'm liking the Pirate's DLC a lot. Did the first 2 story missions and several side quests. Some good humor in Oasis.

I think the season pass is well worth it if all 4 expansions are similar to this in scope. If they're in the 5-6 hour range as this one apparently is, that's 20 some hours of content which is pretty solid. Especially in a game a lot of people will play through multiple times with different characters.

#1130 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:08 PM

No problems, bugs or glitches with the latest content? I was reading on the Gearbox forums that season pass owners were having problems with it still costing Microsoft Points.

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.

Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D  Watch Dogs, Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#1131 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:15 PM

Worked fine for me, other than having to download it a second time. Wasn't showing up when I got home from work (had set it to download in background in morning). That was just a download issue though as it showed as incomplete on the HD when I checked in the storage section of system settings (despite being listed at 1.3 GBs).

Only other mild annoyance was they should have made a quest pop up after it installed so you knew to go to Oasis. I don't pay that much attention to area names, so I didn't notice it in the travel list and had to hop online and look up how to start the DLC.

But no gameplay glitches I've encountered yet in the 2 or 3 hours I've played so far.

Edited by dmaul1114, 17 October 2012 - 01:57 PM.

#1132 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:50 PM

This is somewhat fixed. There are about 5 areas to go to in the DLC. They all have fast travel options, but a lot of the missions have quests that are at the end of an area, and you have to run all the way back to get back to the exit/fast travel station. It was faster for me to just save and quit so I'd reload back at the beginning.

My opinion of the DLC: Don't buy it unless you love BL2 in general. Spoilers incoming.

Spoiler

I finished up the main quest last night. Took about 6 hours, but I have some sidequests left over and of course the raid bosses. I played on my Normal Mode mechromancer, went in at level 17 and came out at 21. Found one orange gun and a ton of very nice purples and blues. All in all I liked this DLC a lot. I thought it had a lot of personality, the locations and new vehicles were cool and overall it was just a fun experience.

Honestly the best description I can give is "It's even more Borderlands." After both games and all of the DLC for B1 I think we all know the score here, for better or for worse a Borderlands DLC is not going to do something radically different, it's going to deliver more guns, more quests, and more funny dialogue. That is what you get here. I didn't experience any bugs or glitches FWIW.

#1133 DurbanBrown

DurbanBrown

to the MOON

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:54 PM

played a couple hours last night. thought it was awesome. looks real solid

Zombies-Sig.jpg

last.fm: shroomer1999                                                                  Designed By Lilchiji

#1134 bordjon

bordjon

tastes good on the bun.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:32 PM

Glad to hear all the positive reviews on the dlc here. Sounds like I'll enjoy it a lot. I bought the season pass when the game came out but I haven't downloaded the dlc yet. Waiting to play it with my nephew. I've now beaten playthrough 1 with two of my characters and completed a majority of the side quests though and I'm enjoying bl2 as much as I did bl1 for sure!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1135 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:31 PM

Yeah I was skeptical on buying it as well but the DLC has been pretty fun so far.

#1136 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:34 PM

so sad

(X) is both open, pick up, and reload...I accidently misclicked and I Reloaded instead. My heart sank when I saw all the anarchy stacks run down from 121x to none.

incredible the different in dmg those stacks give. I am starting to see the synergies between the skill trees and how to work it w/anarchy though.

#1137 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:03 PM

Well I just got The Bee from Hunter Hellquist on my first attempt. Getting very lucky with the orange drops so far (only 3, but 3 of the best items in the game IMHO).

Can I kill him multiple times? Or are you supposed to kill him, see if he drops it, then dashboard if he doesn't?

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#1138 bordjon

bordjon

tastes good on the bun.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:11 PM

Can I kill him multiple times? Or are you supposed to kill him, see if he drops it, then dashboard if he doesn't?

I went and killed him and turned in the mission and I can go back and kill him. I've done it maybe 5-6 times so far and nada - well I think he dropped a green grenade mod once - most of the time it was nothing. I usually just do it once when I turn on the game but you can quit and start again and he'll be there. Now as for getting him to drop a bee for you - I don't know! I'm considering doing a serious farming session on him though because I want to see what this bee buzz is all about.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1139 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:18 PM

Turn in the quest in Sanctuary, exit the current game (not all the way to dashboard), continue game, and he'll respawn. Exit and continue as needed.

Edit: it took us maybe 5 hours to get the first one, and a second dropped 2 spawns later. It's roughly a 3% chance. I wouldn't bother unless you were 50.

#1140 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:21 PM

Turn in the quest in Sanctuary, exit the current game (not all the way to dashboard), continue game, and he'll respawn. Exit and continue as needed.

Very quick and easy since his spawn point is right next to the fast travel where you begin. I farmed him for an hour or two and didn't get anything from him, but someone ended up duping me a Bee later on.